/SIG/ - Self Improvement General

Holiday Edition

old Sticky:
4chanfit.wikia.com/wiki//sig/_sticky

What are your plans for next year, Veeky Forums?
New lifting goals? Career goals? Relationship goals?

>New lifting goals?
20" arms
Sub 90kg
>Career goals?
Obtain OSCP and CCNA cyber ops.
>Relationship goals?
To not make her cry this year. I was a cunt last year over small things. I need to let go and realise there's too much to care about to give a fuck about the small shit.

>New lifting goals?
Big ones are
BW 160 lbs to 190 lbs and
.8/1.2/2/2.8 to 1.5/2.5/3.25/4.5
I have other goals like fixing posture and smaller things, but those are the main two.
>Career goals?
Just want to do as well in uni as I can right now, so I'm aiming for at least 3.9 for the next two semesters.
>Relationship goals?
Get a gf or lose virginity. I'm finally not a complete skeleton and I'm also finally making some social gains so I think I can do it.

Where can I find more images like this, they really motivate me

Thinking about completely forgoing social media for a New Years resolution. Including Veeky Forums, reddit, and other meme dens.

I can’t control the procrastination anymore - I want to be productive again and I think cold turkey might be the best way to jumpstart that.

Plus the amount of negativitey online is fucking soul draining at times. I’m kind of sick of this shit.

>new lifting goals
2/2/3/3

>career goals
Get my own store or get a new job. Go back to school

> relationship goals
To have one

Just got a job this december, paying 2,5x the amount i would get at any office job as a student.

So that part is done already, i just need to keep up the good work because they want me as a long time employee.

Lifting goals? I made a new diet plan for the year, along with a new routine, so this summer i will finally get the look i always wanted. Im in pretty good form (compared to my past self) and im highly motivated.

BUT

biggest goal is to become more social. Im 21, turning 22 soon and i havent been to any of my university parties yet. So fuck me, im gonna spend that $$$ on booze and drugs and start living the student life.

A boxing gym has just opened up about 5 mins away from my house, going to start boxing soon then, also i am going to pick back up piano. slowly phasing out unhealthy drinks by supplementing them with various teas (mostly because i really like tea)

Why the drugs though?
They will fuck you up

t. stuck at silver in league
ahahahaha

>new lifting goals
>2/2/3/3
a little unproportionate but fuck if i know your story, good luck man.

>career goals
>Get my own store or get a new job. Go back to school
good goals.
my goal is 100k saved by the end of the next year.
> relationship goals
>To have one
made me kek.
i myself just found a girl who has social anxiety and barely has any friends, is a virgin and likes non shitty games (doom, witcher etc). Gonna make her mine, she kinda is already but we haven't met irl yet cus she has troubles talking online, she probably would have a heart attack meeting me.

Good luck man.

mate if being social isn't for you then just don't do it.
i don't like people too much, realized this far too late, tried socializing but didn't enjoy it. Now i just talk to the 2-3 people i like the most and don't bother with the rest.

Anons, any advice on quitting weed? I just got in deep shit with my parents for smoking like crazy this whole year and they’re making me quit cold turkey.

I honestly don’t wanna keep spending money and time on smoking this shit, but I unfortunately live in a shitty place where I get majorly depressed, and I’m constantly surrounded by toxic people that want me to smoke. I’m on vacations abroad right now, so the anxiety isn’t even there, but I’m worried about getting back home. I’m gonna start studying civ engineering in a few months and I absolutely need to be clean and craving-free by then.

Any help is appreciated, anons.

>New lifting goals?
If I can get lmao2pl8 bench that'd be great.
>Career goals?
Just keep my part-time job now. Continue with school
>Relationship goals?
Maybe with 1 girl. I know her and I will never be together. If I see her this week I'm going to cry. Besides that, I'm not looking

>next year/career
I’ll graduate college and then move far away to start a job I’ve already accepted. I hope to do well in it and see if it’s a place that I would like to stay for a while. If not, I’ll start laying the groundwork for the next move.

>lifting
Stay injury free and consistent. Establish correct form and training principles that will keep me going and making gains for years to come. I’d also like to ohp 225 and pull 500 by the end of the year. I want to start incorporating some conditioning work and be consistent with it by the end of the year.

>Relationships
I want to reach out to my friends more and do more things this last semester. I want to have a romantic relationship with a woman before the end of the year. I want to make friends in the new place and not be a shut in, ive had trouble in the past going new places but I hope this time I’ll change my habits and it will be different. I want to avoid torpedoing relationships with embarrassing drunken behavior like I’ve done in the past.

I’m feeling good and confident right now, I just have to stay positive and be able to deal with failure and keep going.

Good luck to you too. Moved to a different state five months ago and haven't really met anyone yet. Hopefully 2018 brings us better tidings. I hope it works out for you user.

try soc, that's where i met her.

>New lifting goals?
I'm doing my first bulk and really liking the results, I'm hoping to reach my weight in my bench (240)
>Career goals?
I finally met with a counselor after coming from a depressive streak and I actually found out I only need two more semesters til I can transfer to an actual university, so things are looking up.
>relationship goals?
I asked out my crush and she said that she just wants to be friends and that she likes hanging out with me. Oh well that's life onto the next one. I plan to ask out a lot more women because when I think about it I missed a lot more opportunities than I originally thought I had. I know I'm not the most handsome guy in the room (yet) but I'll try because there are a lot of guys more uglier than me that can catch a date.
>inb4 blogpost

>New lifting goals?
I'm gonna aim for that 1/2/3/4. Still got a ways to go, but if I stick to my lifting plan for this year I should be able to make solid progress.

>Career goals?
I'm working in a lab right now building a system to control drones in VR. It doesn't pay nearly as much as it should, but it is interesting. I'm hoping to wrap up that project and maybe start doing freelance websites for a bit before hunting around for a real job. I'm not really sure where to start with the freelancing though.

>Relationship goals?
I've been dating this girl for about 9 months. The last 3 months she's been in france and we just did an open relationship. I was way too busy to get much out of it and figured this was a good option b/c I didn't want anything too serious. I guess we just call it quits after I graduate in the spring - I'm planning to travel a bit then. Sweet girl, don't think she even ended up hooking up with anyone, but what do I know.

saving that

>What are your plans for next year, Veeky Forums?
get into medicine
get my lifts back up
get her back

>New lifting goals?
regaining what I had

>Relationship goals?
get back my qt ex or throw the towel in for quite a while

She banged probably three guys a week.

>get dumped by gf mid november
>only dated 4 months but totally into her 100%
>still talk and maintain awesome conversations
>want her back
>chance it might happen, better chance it wont

then
>going to music festival for 4 days over new years
>stayings with m8s and big group of m8s gf's friends
>only one of them (m8s gf) in group of 12 have a bf
>a few are apparently dtf

i honestly don't know what to do. i want the ex back, and there is a chance. if i got with another girl, i don't know what she'd do but it'd shit over any chance of getting back together. however, i should be moving on and facing the better chance of us not getting back together.

Someone recommend me a book to start reading that has helped you personally

I love these two which mock motivational pics...but I also have been thinking. Can someone make a thing for the infinite snake sucking its own dick for philosophical hurt?

>snek eats it tail
>cuz things are infinite
>and happen agian
>liek all the time

Atlas Shrugged.

Look just go for it, this is one thing you'll regret if you don't capitalise esp with the slim chance your ex will take you back.

>She's sleeping with other people why aren't you?

she's only had sex with 4 guys, and all have been during a relationship. even when we first hooked up in a club, it was SO unlike her to do that that all her friends were taking photos of it. i don't think she's sleeping around at all.

my biggest fears are that a) she wants to get back together and me getting with some thot ruins it entirely, or b) it destroys me with guilt because i cannot be unfaithful if i was paid to do so.

I have reached my fitness goals for this year, but I want to bulk all the way through January and then slowly cut for summer. I haven't been on vacation in years and if I treat myself for a holiday trip I want to be around 10% with the same mass I have right now. I plan to buy lots of new clothes that fit better and aren't as plain as the ones I usually wear these days. Seriously need to quit smoking. After many failed attempts I'll now take the faggot route and start vaping instead. I'll be too embarrassed to do it in public, so cutting back will be easier. Will try to build up the courage to shave my head. Will make a dentist appointment and finally get my teeth fixed, shitty teeth severely affect my quality of life. Going to start a marketing campaign for my business and get it to the point that I generate more income than just being able to pay the bills. It's something I should have done this year already, but the fear of possibly having to admit failure has kept me from doing it. I have no relationship goals, but I'd like to build better friendships, or rather, try to be a better friend. As every year, I will force myself to leave my comfort zone and be less avoidant. I have managed to overcome pretty severe social and general anxiety and want to continue working on that.

Silence by Shusaku Endo

Virgo answer (art student here) but Berserk is a hell of a motivational history with god tier art and storytelling.

Just about the best comic of all time.

Patrician answer

90kg - I am 92kg, but on the chubby side. I am trying to get more muscles first to not look like a lollipop at 83kg.

build up my stamina. I can do long runs but my timing sucks, and I cannot sustain higher heart rate for much longer than 40 seconds (it was 20 when I starter a few months ago) my goal is 3 minutes for next year.

strength my shoulders, back and core to ease some of the pain when I train.

learn how to draw memes like yours.

Next year I plan on trying keto. Kind of concerned with how it will affect my lifting. Probably won't start till late February or early March. I'd like a better job that pays more, maybe I'll get lucky with a place like Costco. I'm actually trying to decide if i should try asking out someone soon. Maybe even my oneitus, but I don't have a lot of faith in my odds

Dude, don't overthink. You don't need to be Chad, but you should not be a cuck.

I had an ex that dumped me when I was 17 because she didn't liked I got a job inside the university (I got like 100 less per month, but it was easy for me to work and study at the same time). Every time I got with another girl she came back to my life and tried to have sex with me, but every time she felt insecure she dumped me again. I made the mistake twice. I dumped two beautiful girls that were making me happy for that ice cold heartless ex, because I thought I was in love with her, but I was just accustomed to have her by my side.
In the end I found a girl that was way hotter and affectionate, and managed to get out of my dumbness.

If you are having fun with your new female friends, go for it. Stop stalking your ex, she has been fucking several guys and you are cucking saving yourself for her. Fuck other girls and guys at least, if she wants to get back with you you can be sure she will try her hardest. To the point of go to your house and take of her clothes, and start to crying you into it if you don't play her game.

Gonna reach challenger this season & boost people while you wage cuck.

who else /comfy/ here

i'm all for hanging out with the girls and everything, it's just actually having sex with them. i am deadset incapable of cheating and feel so guilty doing anything like that.

you are right though. i can't write myself off and stop myself from doing it because of hope. i just remember her talking about the idea of me with other girls and it making her feel sick, it just makes it hard.

Just quit cold turkey.. You can do it!
Don‘t let weed control you.

>Fuck other girls and guys at least
>and guys

are you me?

>New lifting goals?
- 1/2/3/4 and DON'T STOP LIFTING AGAIN! i want to have one year progress that i can be proud of by next fall.
>Career goals?
- get a better sense for what i want to do in general.
- either return to school or get a well-paying/upward-mobile enough job that i don't feel compelled to do so.
- not really "career"-related, but i desperately need to get my credit on track as well. there's a non-zero chance i end up homeless for a while.
>Relationship goals?
- i'd be happy to find a meaningful relationship, but in the meanwhile, enjoy my youth and get back to playing the field.
>etc.
- i need to be vigilant and honest with myself about my alcohol consumption. i went down a dark path the past couple of years, and i can never do that again.
- no longer will i use my underachieving friends as an excuse for personal complacency. if that requires moving on and surrounding myself with more successful, driven people with healthier lifestyles, that's what it's gonna have to be.

tl;dr 2018 is the year i put my big boy pants on.

Stop playing children's games and grow up.

"How to win friends and influence people" by dale carnegie

Really helped me address some learned toxic behaviors from my youth that were holding me back as an adult.

"The slight edge" a great reminder that progress is incremental, but only if it's consistent. I still work daily to apply this to my life. Bad habits are a bitch desu

"Efficiency" by wallstreetplayboys. Sounds meme-y, so at least go check out their blog to see if their content is for you before you get the book. It's $10, and I revisit it often to stay focused on things that really matter. I wish I had this book when I was in high school, but it's better to start late than never. It's cold hard brutal fucking truth though, so be prepared to come to terms with how much time you've wasted, it can easily throw you into a depression if you aren't ready to really come to terms with where you are in life.

"The art of war" by sun tzu. A staple for anyone looking to understand the conflicts that drive the machinery of the world. Learn to internalize the lessons and apply them to everyday situations. Everything balances on conflict, tactics, supply lines, spies and information, perceived strength, timing, positioning, everything can be seen as its own mini-war and sun tzu's wisdom is timeless.

"Zen flesh, zen bones". Zen koans and stories that are great tinder for meditation and self-reflection.

"Meditations" by Marcus Aurelius.

"How to get Rich" by Felix Dennis. A good litmus test as to what the pursuit of riches really entails, and whether it is something that you truly want. Cheeky and informative.

I'd tell you to read the intelligent investor but unless you already have liquid net worth in six figures, you're probably better off gambling on crypto than taking 2% annual returns in the stock market. It's still important to learn the fundamentals of investing and be able to separate investment from speculation, and this book does that fairly well.

"THE MYTH OF SISYPHUS"

sometimes i wonder whats the point of lifting if im an ugly manlet

Don't kids also play football, baseball, soccer etc. yet "grown ups" have whole careers made out of it?
If i can earn money out of something i am good at why not do it

Get swole
Get good grades
Get into the military
Get a life
Get a pet
Get a gf

Notes from the underground

I actually had an incredible year. I think a lot of of it has to do with the previous 20 being utter shit that approaching normalcy is like walking around with 100lbs strapped to your back and finally shrugging it off.
>finished therapy
>figured out what I must do with my life
>killed it in uni this semester
>read 50 books, mostly philosophy
>writing a lot, ideas just keep coming to me
>basically tripped my strength in the gym
>mad crypto gains so hopefully I can quit my wagecuckery soon

But unfortunately I'm still unhappy because by bulk went too well and I went from skinny fat to fat and I'm so fucking lonely. Was 6' 215 but started cutting a month or so ago, now about 205. Figure 180-170 will be ideal and I can join clubs at uni to meet new people. So, things are looking up and I'm confident 2018 will be even better than 2017. We're all going to make it guys, if a miserable sop like me can finally see the finish line, you can too.

I'd personally take out the military part but hey thats just my opinion

you don't like ZOG?

wow, gay

2018 Goals:
- Save up enough to go to night school and vacation.
- Be consistent in lifting and diet.
- Publish two articles in the national press.
- Read 50 books.
- Maintain relationships.

How I will achieve them
1. Breakfast before 6:30am.
2. Walk to work on rest days.
3. Bed before 9:00pm.
4. Track calories after each meal.
5. Hit bi-weekly volume.
6. 1+ hour freelance work each day.
7. Cook weekly meals on a Saturday.
8. Go on date with gf at least once a fortnight.
9. Arrange to meet up with friends/family at least once every couple of months.

>lifting goals

Went from 50kg bw to 85kg bw with 20% body fat. I want to be a lean 80 this time next year

>Career goals

Studying primary education at uni and working a mcdonals kms hopfully find a better part time job to work around study

>Relationship goals

Never spoken to a girl or anything becides female family members just cant force myself to talk to anyone male or female so i honestly see my self dying lonely.

Military -> College and college debt -> Career using military knowledge and free time lancing -> passions and hobbies -> shitposting

eh what works for you buddy. I personally don't like it since i'vs experienced the JOTC in my country and boy is it shit

just stop smoking weed. it is as easy as that. i smoked weed for years and then one day just didn't smoke weed again.

this is a bigger problem for you:
>I’m constantly surrounded by toxic people that want me to smoke
you need to dump these people if they really are toxic, but this is more difficult because you all have shared experiences and history and you will also have to start again making a social group. it is worth it though. you need to dump those who aren't positive for your life. it is a meme, but you are the average of the 5 people you spend most time with. think of those other 4 and whether you want to be considered as the average of that group.

Second for Atlas Shrugged.

>Lifting goals
Just ordered my home gym and my goal is to go from 67kg to at least 75kg. 183cm btw.

>Career goals
Don't fuck up school again. Work some more in my free time.

>Relationship goals
Eh idk I don't think it's something that I can just 'pursue' more something that I'll find/will find me. If not that's fine though, I'm still working on fixing myself.

Get a slow cooker

>You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with
Hadn't heard this before but now am majorly depressed. My friends are complete shitheads. Explains a lot.

>Recommending a book written by a hyper-individualist jewess on a conservative fitness board
DISMISSED

You have to lure people away from leftist drivel a little bit at a time. Capitalism has flaws in morality, yes. Everyone starts bluepilled then dabbles with libertarianism before they embrace the third position.

Fucking stupidity.

>No redheads on the right side
>redhead gets assaulted by blacks
>The painter knows of the eternal mudshark
BASED

how am I going?

Good for you. It sucks to have uncontrollable factors get you down. Keep going!

I don't get this image, if the only way onto the island is through the mario pipe, why are the guys facing away from it? They're on a fucking island.

you go in the pipe, you come out one of them. they dont care who enters that way

She’ll like you more if you bang other sloots

Great progress my dude

Now clean your house

Only 20 years old and no longer have rock solid erection.
I've fapped a lot and many times came before fully hard, might have fucked me up.
Doing NoPorn + NoFap until I start getting morning wood

>the infinite snake sucking its own dick for philosophical hurt?
the what?

stealing fire
Untethered Soul
Deep Work
Mindset
The obstacle is the way

first couple of weeks will fell like the flu or even like your hungover all the time. Remember to reset your physiology every week or 2 weeks (4-hour body - tim ferris)

works for me

Everything I've read and heard from successful people says you should be less vague and more specific. What is swole for you in 1 year? what are good grades, Bs or As? Think GPA. Get a life? What is "life" for you? is it being a chad or a stand-up guy? etc

sounds great and specific!

Your weight, height and weight goal are the same as mine.
Good luck user

I think he meant the Ouroboros

>New lifting goals
400kg Deadlift by the end of 2018

>Career Goals
Get a business up and running, save up some money to move abroad

>Relationship Goals
Get a decent gf

Shave off your Soy Beard

Stubble or a full grown beard are the only acceptable standards of facial hair.

too tryhard

What's this about resetting my physiology?

>"are you aware you will be dead at 46 due to your retarded lifestyle?"

>Holiday Edition
>12/25/17
Are you seriously afraid of posting the name of the holiday it actually was when you posted that?

Getting a job fucked with my diet, so I bought this to help out. Am i gonna make it out of skelly helly now lads?

I got diagnosed with bipolar disorder this year. Next year I just want to do enough therapy and find the right medicine so I don't hate everything when I'm alone.

I need to graduate in May and get an engineering job. I'm hoping for one in Birmingham, Austin, or Nashville where I can start over.

I want to date girls who aren't depressed, rape victims, false rape accusers, insane, 15, and don't have major abandonment issues i.e. girls who aren't as fucked up as I am.

If some of that gets straightened out maybe I'll go back to the gym (haven't gone regularly in a year).

I don't want to feel like this anymore.

You know you don't have to tell her everything? Even then just because you hook up with someone doesn't mean you have to stop talking to all other girls and only her.

I went threw a similar situation (gf broke up, stayed friends and kept convo, MAY get back together). You guys broke up, it's understandable to need space to experience things. Keep talking with her, have a nice time, if you hook up with someone cool talk to them more. They may end up ghosting you and then you don't have to worry about shit. If someone asks about her tell them you guys are taking a break from each other to see how it goes.

Lifting goals
>1 pl8 OHP, 2 pl8 Bench, 1 pl8 Pullup

Career Goals
>Get a fucking job and move out of my mom's basement
>study for grad school entrance exams

Relationship Goals
I need to be the type of man a quality woman wants.
>stop acting trashy
>stop dressing like a boy
>stop using self-depreciating humor
>stop cussing so much
>stop saying 'um' and 'like'
>speak more intelligently
>be more honest about my views
>don't pile my baggage on everyone I meet
>stop getting drunk (already achieved, gotta keep it up)
>stop going to parties and clubs to meet women
>start being more social in my hobbies to meet women

>new lifting goals?
start lifting. I'm morbidly obese tho so I would need to cut off a lot before I get to that point.
>career goals?
finish up my degree and find an entry-level position in my field
>relationship goals?
none. I have no desire to be in a relationship any time soon. I'm still enjoying the single life for now, and I'm also coping with the recent death of my ex-gf and will be for a long time.

>new years plans
be a better person in general. for her. be more passionate about life. friendlier to strangers. stop shitting on people's hopes and dreams and aspirations and career goals. start down a path to realize my full potential. she always said she could see something in me. I would get down on myself and she would comfort me and tell me this.

>New lifting goals?
finally do that steroid cycle
> Career goals?
moving to germany and getting a job
> Relationship goals
moving to germany to get my ex back

The only thing wrong with this is the dick. Greek statues had small dicks because they found it more aesthetic.

yeah for sure, I get what you're saying. it's just that I would feel so guilty if it happened and would be devastated if that's what stopped us getting back together. I will take the advice here and just play it by ear. I mean I am getting pretty ahead of myself, and there's a myriad of ways I could fuck up any chance with any of them.

was barely home today, went to shop for some T-shirts, worked out for 90min, got home ate a nice homecoooked meal, cold shower, read, didn't fap, didn't play video games. also fell asleep at 930pm yesterday after sleeping at 3am for a couple weeks. tomorrow I'm going to try and go to the mall and try approaching some thots.

Goal 1 elimination of egotistical attachments and abandonment to divine providence
Goal 2 finish my grad school applications :/

Don't do it :(

why not desu :(

Only do it if youre gonna act normal dont be like those weird guys :(

I'm trying to act more normal :) I'm a 7 in looks but Im a loner. don't interact with people much

Im gonna say dont go talk to random chicks at the mall then most likely. Do you have a school or job where you could meet people?

don't listen to that fag, my dude
even if you embarrass yourself you'll be learning and improving your skills

go out tomorrow and get a girl's #
you can do it :)

not in school just finished my associates, and also quit my job. although it work I pretty much got a qt girl to approach me and her mom told us we should exchange numbers so I think I just need to put myself out there more.

Can I just overcome my depression please