/fast/ #67 -- STOP FUCKING BINGING

>What is /fast/?

Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS

youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0

>WHY SHOULD I FAST?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?

It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)

idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?

Mix 2,000mg of lite salt & pink salt into a liter of water and drink that throughout the day. This is like Gatorade without the sugar, it'll keep you hydrated.

youtube.com/watch?v=8Ox9WXFcNIY

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?

If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week

If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!

You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?

This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/

"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>WHAT IS DRY FASTING? WONT I DEHYDRATE MYSELF?

No food or water consumption. Try this after your first water fast if you want. It's the fastest way to ketosis and autophagy.The longest record is 18 days. (Don't fucking dry fast for 18 days. 3-5 max)

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreas_Mihavecz

More dry fasting info

news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/
youtube.com/watch?v=81a10sZ4duU&t

Other urls found in this thread:

karger.com/Article/Abstract/357718
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fasting is stupid and pointless. Why can't you just eat a sensible diet with a modest caloric deficit and learn to stick with it? Why does everything have to be extreme? What makes you think you're not going to just go back to being a fatass later, because fasting doesn't teach you to change your bad eating habits? You're just going to binge and get fatter than you were to start with later on. Don't you see you're just being fucking stupid? Stop being stupid and stop convincing other people to be stupid. Are you just trying to hurt people for your own amusement or something? Sick fuck.

Because weight loss is calorie deficit + calorie partitioning + hunger management.

Being not hungry and losing fat rather than muscle is important to getting and staying lean.

It's a lifestyle, not a one-off. Fasting works for me. I'm the lowest weight I've been in like four years (181 lbs)

Can we just end these threads already? Do we really need 1 a day? You are one guy that's interested in fasting. Cool. We get it.

What am i looking at here

How long a fast
What kind of fastHow much fat lost

Each thread gets 300+ replies. There's a clear demand, hide the thread and fuck off.

136 water fast w/ nosalt / pink salt. A few tbsp of lemon juice a day.

Starting weight - 192
Ending weight - 179 lbs

I ended up leveling out at 182 lbs

You faggots ruin everything. We can't just have a nice fasting thread with normal and safe practises, you have to shill the fuck out of products and tell people to kill themselves through dehydration.

Cells don't make water from fat, it's a fucking meme you idiots. We aren't adapted for that, we don't have a net gain from it. Only desert animals and some birds can do that and we aren't either of those. Just stop it with the retardness already.

Extreme diets work for extreme people. For myself personally, I find moderation boring. I've always been an all or nothing kind of guy. Also, fasting has benefits that other diets don't

It’s not a meme. Burning carbohydrate makes heat and CO2 and water. Just not much water. You only get 10% of your water needs from metabolic water.

Dry fasting is retarded, though.

>be me, have cerebellar ataxia
>get to point of not being able to put on pants standing up
>mfw can't pass field sobriety test sober
>mfw wake up in pain every morning
>cut out drugs, alcohol, and cigarettes
>cut out gluten, soy, corn, dairy, peanuts, nightshades
>intermittent fast and three day lemon juice fasts regularly
>significant improvements in overall health
Fasting is the most restorative thing you can do for your health and well being physically, mentally, and spiritually.

You scared brush?

I'm gay. Will fasting work for me?

karger.com/Article/Abstract/357718

>The intervention of 5 FWD days in 10 healthy adults was found to be safe, decreased weight and all measured circumferences, and improved renal function considerably.

Stop shitting up my threads.

You’re literally retarded.

Shit-tier study in a shit-tier journal by shit-tier researchers.

Search literally anything else on dehydration.

You metabolize semen so don't drink it.

Dry fast, no cum, no dick meat. There may be hope for you yet.

Prove fasting is unhealthy. Hint: you can't. Fuck off loser. Why are you even here

This was honestly a extremely helpful thread, I'm definitely going to fast over winter break. Thanks for the info

>can’t read
Proof that you’re literally retarded.

The article I linked cites THIRTY TWO peer review studies, your response?

"wow what a shit study, Google dehydration"

Your low IQ is an embarrassment. Fuck off.

just letting you guys know, cream of tartar is super common and it's basically pure potassium
1tbsp is around 1400mg

And none of them is relevant to proving the benefit of forcibly dehydrating yourself.

Which you’d know if you’d done more than just count them, retard.

>Fasting is stupid and pointless
There is literal mountains of research surfacing that says exactly the opposite of this. Fasting, done intermittently and correctly, is incredibly healthy and useful. That's not to say a standard "healthy diet" is a bad idea either. It's just a tool.

Also 8 kcal per tsp.

>Dry-Fasting.

Do you want to damage your major organs? Because that's the way you do it.

i just ate an apple as i had loads of coffee yesterday which gives me low blood sugar

is this bad?

Not worth worrying about.

>Don't drink water for 24 hours
>Organ damage

You realize that our species wouldn't have lasted this long if we weren't able to go without food or water for a day or two?

You can survive having a hand cut off, too. Why don’t you do that?

Inevitable result of an echochamber sadly

That accounts for the water weight too?

If so, bretty good

Nobody is shilling products. How the fuck is telling people to put salt and potassium in water shilling products? The fuck am I shilling? Salt?

do i have to have the lite salt and pink salt mix once a day or can i just take a multivitamin?

Dehydration must be making you salty,

I was referring to the 'dry' fasting retardation

He probably thinks “snake juice” is an actual product.

What product is dry fasting shilling?

You need a certain minimum amount of salt/potassium/calcium for your nervous system not to shit itself and work properly (or else you might get heatstroke without the heat). It's very unlikely your multivitamins provide all of that in necessary amounts.

ITT:
>Fasting is bad!
>No it isn't you fucking idiot

so you're saying that fasting doesn't work, since you need a certain amount of salt so your body doesn't fucking crumble. good bait

You didn't eat for 136 days? Wtf

Coffins.

>still focusing on the 'product' bit

Drink something lad

No, it’s mocking you for being retarded enough to think special pleading is an argument.

>go to download app for fasting
>requires caller ID permissions, camera permissions, etc
Hell no I ain't downloading no botnet/spyware

so whats the longest fast you lads have done?

Hours

Three weeks wet, five days dry.

If I do a Powerlifting style training routine, Should I still fast? Do I train while fasted as well? How much stress should I expose my body to while fasting? Do you return to intermitten fasting after a long fast?

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
Yes you will
>Dry fasting,
Remove that shit, son. No amount of stupidity will make that healthy. This dumb shit is going to have nervous system problems starting in his 40s

You're about to have nervous system problems in your nowies. Namely your nerves telling your brain that you're getting really hurt by my powerful punches.

HEY FATTY

BUY MY SHIRTS AHHHHH JUST $40 CAD

Shut up, faggast.

Whatever, Sayan. I can outrun you.

Sooo do any of you actually got proof this stuff works? And not just on rats!

Your nervous system is going to be on full red alert, just you wait. Just you wait.

>And not just on rats!
why not? there's another reason why we test them other than their quantity

Uhhh... dude? This is a website for rats. Are you not a rat?

Former mega fat (40% body fat) here. Fasted to 30% and then recomped to 25%ish BF with 5 months of lifting.

I'm getting frustrated with the slow pace of the recomp so I'm going try protein fasting. 600 calories of mostly protein with every other day lifting. On lifting days 300 calories before gym and then 300 after. On non-lifting days 600 calories at midday.

Gonna try and fast down to sub 20% body fat. Time to find out how much muscle is really under this layer of blubber I'm still wearing.

Wish me luck

btw my lifts are .75/2/x/3.

>x
nxt gxnna mxke xt lxglxt

bad knees dude, can't squat.

How badly are your workouts affected by a 5-2OMAD? How often should I do a 5-2OMAD? im imagining every week isn't exactly ideal, but every other?

onion gen is that way>XD

Is it okay to drink coffee on a fast?
Without sugar obviously.
Also should I pop multivitamins?
Thanks

if your body can metabolize sperm what makes you think it can't metabolize coffee?

Coffee is catabolic and eats away at your gut bacteria. No vitamins needed.
Im still getting stronger but my routines are high volume medium weight
The pic in op is a 5 day water fast

Hi guys, I like to do things as simply as possible, is one meal a day pretty good?
I lift every other day, workout A being deadlift and bench, workout B being squat and military press, planning on eating after the workout.

Fat fuck here, I should just starve myself, drink water and go to the gym right? Is 3 months enough time for significant changes?

Yes. Keep exercise light while fasting. Read the fucking first post ffs

Tough to get enough kcals with OMAD if bulking.

S-sorry. I just like getting info straight from anons.

nigga read the op

go on pubmed and read the hundreds of studies done into fasting and its influence on weight loss

go on /r/fasting or any other weight loss forum and see the personal accounts of people on their fasts.

DYOR bro, even if you were interested in fasting, you still need to DYOR, for both maximising the effectiveness of fasting whilst minimizing the dangers associated with fasting.

Nobody on here is your personal dietician or doctor, learn for yourself.

its what i did when i did my 43 day water fast.

That one faggot is LITERALLY shilling his Youtube channel and online merchandise store in every single thread.

go back to /Fat/ please, don't you guys have your own fucking thread

So, my plan is to do OMAD Plus a protein shake during my workout. I do and Upper-lower split plus swimming on saturday monings.

Currently at 90 kg, 18% fat with Electronic measurement, so really probably higher. Plan is to go down to a clearly visible sixpack again without losing too much strength. Sitting at 3/4/5,5 now.

Any tips/tricks or experiences on this kind of plan?

Fuck off loser, I'm better looking than you I've just got a gut I need to get rid of.

>I'm better looking than you I've just got a gut I need to get rid of.

guys im the guy that posted this and i just ate a piece of wheat bread

how the fuck do i stop??

>yfw I've got a 10/10 Veeky Forums gf

>I've got a 10/10 Veeky Forums gf

Stay mad my boy, she calls me master.

>boy
>she calls me master.

Post pic of her with time stamp or you’re full of shit.

Most people can't fast because they have a fucking job where they have to be alert and aware and engage in physical activity. It makes no sense to fast. Just eat at a calorie deficit.

>not knowing how fasting works to this point

It’s like you’re trying to make anti-fasting look stupid.

I don't really care about numbers or getting big, I just lift cause I like it. I guess I'm more concerned with being healthier and feeling better.

if you have literally nothing to do but sit around and browse Veeky Forums then by all means, starve yourself to your hearts content.

I work physical labor and still fast

I took the plunge to fasting on xmas eve

I'm doing the 16:8 fast with the rationale that I don't have to control my cals - rather I just control when I eat and I'm limited to those 8 hours. I start fasting approx. 2030 and stop 16 hours later, ready for a big lunch.

My workout is either 5 or 6 pm for 1 hour.

Any tips for maximum benefit/lean gains?
Should I change my fast times or workout times?
Macro timing?

Is there any real benefit to doing a dry fast versus a normal one? Planning on fasting when the new year starts

16:8 did nothing for me. One meal a day is the best form of IF, and works for maintence too.

True fasting for cutting means at least 48hrs on snake juice, working your way to 72s and 96s.

What kind of fasting?

snake juice?

The kind where I don't eat or drink anything

In my 4 years of working as a funeral director I had 0 (zero) cases of someone dehydrating to death.

Why would I prefer that over people dying from being fat when I could sell extra large coffins instead?

I know a fatass from /fast/ who gained 50 lbs back, haha
Fasting is dumb dumb

are we being invaded by /fat/ties who gained 10-15 pounds over the christmas period?

Seems like there's more people shitting on us around this time of year.

poster didn't say anything about shilling products you kook