In gym for like 5 months

>in gym for like 5 months
>lost lots of weight, getting good noob gains
>started to use more products for skin and hair
>use every reflective surface i can find to check myself out
>developing an obsession with aesthetics
>judging every person i meet on how they compare to a greek statue
>losing my grip with the world
this is bad, dudes. slowly turning into Patrick Bateman with how shallow i've become.
how do i escape this?

don't escape, dive head first, eventually you stop caring about other people and it's not on the brain all the time.

escape?

I went through a similar phase when i started lifting. I slowly realized that despite my looks, I wasn't getting the respect or social attention I wanted. Older people saw that I had nothing under my belt but my gym life and younger people just got jealous and dismissive. If you're already successful in life, have a gf, good job and are continually growing, then it's fine to indulge in vanity to an extent. I guess my advice is to realize that people see you for more than your physical appearance. It's only part of you. Avoid lookism type communities and avoid lookism culture here on Veeky Forums. They will set insane standards that nobody IRL has.

Unless you're eating people after you kill them and have an insatiable lust for killing and can't understand the meaning of restraint or control, then you're not Dubs Guy. You probably odn't even look THAT good. So don't get ahead of yourself, faggot.

>he didn't get the movie

Do unshallow stuff. D'uh...

I use that kind of head gear to spot my bros when they squat.

>he hasn't read the book.

>despite my looks, I wasn't getting the respect
Friendly reminder that lifting for any kind of respect other than "street respect" is counterproductive because of incredibly strong "big muscles == small brain" stereotype. Even though I lift and know a few extremely smart buff guys, I myself tend to judge big dudes as fucking simpletons on first impression.

>slowly turning into Patrick Bateman with how shallow i've become
Read the rest of the sentence next time, you spastic.

I don't know about you, but after working out for a couple months and getting a new hairstyle, women have been smiling at me a hell of a lot more and subtly trying to spend more time around me.

Been talking to this girl, she was chatty until the conversation shifted towards politics and philosophy. Scared her off with references to Thus Spoke Zarathustra and Ride the Tiger.

This is only the beginning, user

Kek

>how do i escape this?
There is no exit

This
took a long time to get my peers to convince others around me to see i'm not some small brain muscle monster

I now tutor like half my class in exam seasons.

People who work out and wear shirts to show off their muscles are almost always compensating idiots. Such a garish and vain display is obviously offensive to anyone of intelligence and taste

Its much better to hide your muscles or at least to cover them up with long sleeve shirts. People see you have a good build and want to know more, or theyre a pleasant surprise that is the icing on the cake. Showing off your muscles is for charismalets

It's no joke. I asked for her philosophy on life and she gave a long garbled rant that didn't really have any discernable point. Then I responded with my own thesis and she ghosted me from that point on. Maybe I made her feel dumb or something, idk.

I wish I was as shallow I’m too autistic to ever be batemen like confident it literally is the meme of how to be chad in this life that’s why the author had him homicidal and scared of being caught out because in a moralistic world that kind of Chad self service outside of all the murder batemen did should have consequences but it literally doesn’t. We as people make the rules and modernity has showed us people want nothing more and nothing less than absolute vanity.

Similar, make money and save it. Really begin acquiring wealth, seriously start hating the poor.