How can anyone not atg squat? My form looks like pic related and If I ever try to stop it midway a.k...

How can anyone not atg squat? My form looks like pic related and If I ever try to stop it midway a.k.a """parallel""'""it puts alot of stress on my knees and limits my mobility. How can the majority of the population just quarter squat or half squat constantly? And they wonder why their knees are turned to dust?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MI0L7E_5Qac?t=102
youtube.com/watch?v=YI-CU9_GUd4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>How can anyone not atg squat?
because atg squats are hard, and 99% of people who go to the gym don't want to do anything hard
that being said, it isn't totally necessary to go ass to grass. you just need to reach the point where your hip crease falls below the horizontal line to your kneecap, or, just below parallel. By going atg, allowing your hamstrings to smash into your calves, you won't be able to utilize the stretch reflex, which is the buildup of kinetic energy caused by the elongation of the hamstrings, allowing you to "bounce" out of the hole

I totally agree. How people reverse directions without bouncing out of the hole is beyond me.

Because they don't divebomb their squats

>they use their stretch reflex to bounce out
stay dyel leglets

you dont need to divebomb to get the bounce

Going atg puts you in a bad position to actually use the stretch reflex, so you're likely just using the momentum of dive-bombing. The first time you actually feel the 'bounce' from the bottom of a proper just-below-parallel squat you'll know what I mean.

what? how does mechanical effeciency make me a leglet? how is anything I said in incorrect?

How can atg ever be hard? They are the easiest for of squatting. Maybe because I am a slav and have always had great mobility.
> he uses his knees to stop the weight

stay a kneelet

>mechanical effeciency
just to stick machines bro

you can "squat" more weight if you don't go all the way down. Everyone who does partial squats is either an ego lifter or has never learned how to squat properly

yes, because like plenty of other people my hips don't allow for that range of motion and are currently impinged as hell because I fell for the "ass 2 grass" meme

i sincerely have no idea what the point youre trying to make is

>using the momentum from dive bombing
>but not using stretch reflex
Serious question: how? Where's the energy getting stored?

>95% of lifters
I can't watch others squat in the gym anymore. It's too aggravating. I'm like a monk seeing a woman. Eyes down. Don't agitate the mind.

Are people really that self-concious and scared?
in the fascia. Something like a sling around your muscle that stretches and wants to come back. Swing your arm back, relax and see how it naturaly shoots back like a sling.

It isn't - you're essentially using the impact at the bottom to begin the ascent - at the 'a2g' position your hamstrings have already shortened to the point where the stretch reflex just isn't going to happen.

In a proper depth squat, your hamstrings. In a divebomb atg, a good portion of your hamstrings come into contact with the back of your calves, which not only negates the stretch reflex, but usually sends your knees forward, which creates another set of problems
However, the swifter the descent, the better the bounce, as long as you don't go atg and don't go excessively fast

I don't know it's from being self concious, rather than it being a lack of education on how to squat

>usually sends your knees forward, which creates another set of problems
like what?

I try but have ankle mobility issues

when your knee angle closes, and you try to drive upward, it's easier to fall victim to the good morning squat

Imagine thinking atg is harder than parallel

They are two different exercises that recruit different muscles.

i never said it was harder than parallel. i just said it was hard

Puts increased tension on your quads and adductors, leads to tendinitis in the groin if done for long periods of time (which hurts like a bitch, makes your life miserable, and takes a fucking long time to rehab.

Can also cause lower back pain due to the interplay between the spinal erectors, hip joints, pelvis, and hamstrings. Have had both. Both suck. Learn from my mistakes.

Oh then I retract my statement. Keep squatting bro. I love you (no homo).

>all these retards talking about dive bombing atg squats
watch the chinks. you might learn something
slow descent atg squat is the master race
youtu.be/MI0L7E_5Qac?t=102

Doesn't Clarence Kennedy do fast descent atg squats?

I should specify that I do the Rippetoe squat. Low-bar, which might make ass-to-grass impossible in y'all's eyes if you're highbarfags. I lock my back into extension, pointing my nips at the floor, drop into the lowest possible squat (below parallel but hammies don't quite hit calves), and HIP DRAHVE as I bounce out of the hole, yes, doing a sort of good-morning as I finish the rep.

>a hips-dominant back exercise that takes the legs along for the ride

I only squat 4pl8 but it feels good. What's wrong with this?

Am I going to make it lads?

watching this video it looks pretty controlled
youtube.com/watch?v=YI-CU9_GUd4

although ive seen memed about he exploded his knees divebombing before

nothing. im in the posts you replied to and I do lowbar
I wouldn't call it a back exercise that "takes the legs along for the ride". It just involves more of the posterior chain than highbar, including the spinal erectors, which is a back muscle
I've also never understood the argument that lowbar squats don't use your quads. It's true that highbar involves the quads a bit more (just like lowbar involves the posterior chain more), but if your knees are extending against a load, then how the hell are you failing to use your quads?

Yea of course low bar works your quads, people, it's squatting down and standing up again. It's just that high bar is almost all quads.

Only problem is that I occasionally take my low back to Snap City. And even when I don't it gets sore af. I wonder if the more vertical back of the high bar squat would help me. Less buttwink, extension maintained better? OTOH maybe the belt I just bought is all I need

there's a difference between tweaking your back and going to "snap city" aka getting injured (hernia, slipped disc, etc) and needing surgery. I seriously doubt that you "occasionally" go to snap city

most people in gyms have no athletism, of course, they aren't able to ATG squat

>half squats are for unflexible stifflets

Okayy I'll settle for tweak city. Enough to stop a workout cold, but nothing that doesn't heal with rest