Let's solve this once and for all

Let's solve this once and for all...

Can you make it using a trap bar? Is it inferior to a standard deadlife?

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/trap-bar-deadlifts/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Enjoy your torn bicep

Just stand on a pl8 so you're not cheating your ROM, and trap deads are absolutely superior to standard deads.

strongerbyscience.com/trap-bar-deadlifts/

Article references a lot of studies that check out

Tl;dr: basically same back usage (a small percentage less), way more quad usage

I see no real reason to do conventional over the trap bar unless you compete in a sport that specifically needs it. Even without overall using more muscle, you still get a more natural neutral grip instead of having to use straps/mixed grip/hook grip.

Wish they had trap bar at my gym.
And a turf for farmers walks
And a reverse hyper.

>tearing a bicep on a neutral grip

Were you born this retarded

>standard deadlife
Yeah that's my thing.

Neat. Thanks.

>tfw gym opens a second location in your area
>turf and prowler
>reverse hyper
I don't know what I did to deserve any of this

ROM?

Ranges of Motions

range of motion

Range Of Motion. The trapbar's handles are slightly above the level of a standard barbell, meaning you have to introduce a deficit (plate on the floor) if you want to move the weight the same distance as a regular deadlift.

some people just face the handles down

Grip isnt the only reason people get that injury. Trap bars place your grip too wide.

Movement pattern is more like a squat than a traditional deadlift, it's a fine exercise but it's not really the same

Though I personally stopped deadlifting altogether, I just do power cleans instead since they're more fun

This is what I do

You don't even need to do deadlifts for hypertrophy, deads aren't even that great for it due to lack of an eccentric

Maybe if you're 5'4

I just got a trap bar and I notice it hits the legs harder, which is convenient because I do deads on leg day.

Are you confusing deads with oly lifts? Eccentrics on deads are my slowest and most controlled, especially if a gym manager is being shitty about 'making noise'.

Lockout on deadlifts is a complete rep not returning to the floor. Trying to very slow lower it as if it were an eccentric is going to put a shitload of torque on your back. Romanian Deadlifts are a different story due to the lighter weight.

Ring of mordor

Read Only Memory.

>Movement pattern is more like a squat than a traditional deadlift
it's not at all

it's more similar to a conventional deadlift than a sumo deadlift is to a conventional deadlift from a biomechanical standpoint

well I thought it was range of movement this whole time. not much of a difference I guess.

Rape Old Men

Conventional is safer, works your Lats more, and mimics real life lifting.

Fucking mong

Common misconception. You're always stronger on the eccentric as long as you actually train it. But for some reason (lifting culture?) everybody more or less drops the weight on deadlifts, which means they've become weak as shit on the eccentric due to specific adaptation.

Deload your deadlift and start building back up while actually paying attention to the eccentric. Good things will happen.

I find that because the trapbar doesn't require you to limit dorsiflexion, it lets you adjust your starting position more or less however you like. This means you can go hips with less knee flexion or vice versa. One is closer to a deadlift, the other to a squat.

>stand on a pl8
or you could just do low handle, ya know

I like to use it as a supplemental lift sometimes, conventional DL is still king tho.

conventional deadlifts are an injury machine
> inb4 you're doing them wrong

the fact is, picking up a massively heavy object in trap bar configuration is much more anatomically sound than a barbell.

> narrow shoulders

Harder on the back going down slowly so you'll reach snap city faster unless you're a beltfaggot. Less of a problem with a trap bar deadlift which is more or less just a squat.

How have I never thought of this?

kek

>Building strength on deadlift negatives

There are probably better exercises than slowly lowering 300kilo hinged on your lower back, but more power to you I guess.

How is deadlifting functional if it doesn't teach you about lowering the weight slowly, and in fact discourages it?

What in gods name will you be lifting in the real world like that?

Just seems like lazy faggot ego lifting bullshit to me.

Yes. Yes. Thread over; mods pls delet.