Fuck i love doing dips

Fuck i love doing dips

How much do you lads dip?
Why arent you doing dips instead of bench?
How have you been programming your dips?
Do you fucking love dips?

Framelets don't even bother responding
>muh sternum lmao

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/articles/stronger_press_starr.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Dip my dick in your mums pusy every night

for how many reps/sets? how much weight?

I do them on chest day after bench and incline. They're fun and make you feel strong

I love em but I have to build up my chest strength for a while before doing them. Currently my triceps and front delts take over

>chest day

5xf 205kg dip training

your chest should be the primary muscle used in dips. there's probably something wrong with your form if your shoulders are taking over.
make sure to lean in, retract scapula, and dont let your shoulder go deeper than your elbow.

Good thread, I completely replaced bench press with weighted dips, and I program them the same as any other main compound lift. My results so far have been great, zero injury, and I plan to continue them indefinitely!

i just switched to dips because i felt liek doing them desu. right now i am just doing 5x5 two days a week and trying to put on 2.5 lbs each session.
how much can you do right now user?

So are body weight dips good or do you have to weighted dips to have an effect.

Atm I can do 12 body weight dips.

I love doing dips too fren, I usually end every workout with dips (I do them till failure)

Because bench lets me progressive overload.
I do dips as a tris accessory though.

>Because bench lets me progressive overload.

And dips don't? Don't tell me you do them unweighted?

>Just put on a belt and dangle various plates from a chain, or hold a 3 discs of different sizes between your legs
It's annoying.

I mean if you're dipping with +90 lbs, yeah maybe a different exercise would be more practical lmao

i do them on back/shoulders day ami retarded? it works just about everything upper right?

body weight dips are fine up to a point. start adding weight and use a lower rep range

it mostly works chest

I'm /dipping/ once a week on my second upper body day. I do 3x5-8, currently with 25lbs. my goal is lmao1pl8 for 3x8.

i have never had a problem with this

>Why arent you doing dips instead of bench?
never had sternum pain from dips, but i have a persistent shoulder injury that flares up with dips and incline bench.

i do flat bench and reverse grip bench press instead. RGBP hits upper chest way harder than incline anyway

startingstrength.com/articles/stronger_press_starr.pdf

this article inspires me to train dip more seriously

fuck how does that work is it like the underboob? I lean forward when I do them and usually I feel my back getting worked?

well your back is supposed to keep you stabilized and you are supposed to retract your scapula.
when you lean forward and dip down you are supposed to be getting a stretch on your chest though.

triggerpoints.net

Click where it hurts, match the pain to the red, massage on the Xs.

Not a guarantee, but it has helped me a lot over the years with chronic shit.

Guess that makes sense youre squeezing chest going up

I dip with 135lbs. It's fine.

Bump

I love dips! Been doing them for years but only recently started treating them as a main lift and adding significant weight. I'll typically do five sets of ten at 70 pounds added. I've noticed a big increase in my chest gains, way more so than a year of aggressive benching ever got me.

Push-up master race

I admit to using the assisted pull up/dips machine for these. I’m still in the early days of weights.
I take 24kg off my b/w at 82kg, and do five sets of ten wide grip dips in this setup.
My bench 1rm is 60kg. Low I know but my cardio is damn fine and I’m making it slowly but surely.

If you're going more than 10 consistently you probably want to start adding weights, looks cool af too

90kg bodyweight
my best one rep max to date was with 50kg added
i trained for it bulgarian, Eric Bugenhagen style.
Shit is great and i do dips almost daily, sometimes weighted for lets say 3 sets of 8 with 20kg added or sometime i just go for volume and do like 50reps total bodyweight

Wow not a single fat fedora greentext combo yet. Im impressed.

I think my max is +85-95lb my bodyweight. I have a belt but that number fluctuates based on how heavy i am.

I can do about 15 bodyweight dips
What's an easy way to start doing weighted ones ? I don't have a belt and my gym doesn't have chains

I have also replaced bench with dips. Currently alternating between weighted triples (21.25 kg so far) and unweighted sets of 8.

>much more chest activation than bench
>it's a more natural movement than bench
>don't need a spotter

If you're not a powerlifter there's no reason to bench.

3x10 with 20 kg added and 4th set till failure. Really good exercise. I do them when training triceps. I think if I do chest and tris at the same day I get fatigued when I get to the dips.

i love dips but they always have narrow handles that hurt my hands/wrists if i do more than a couple sets

I love doing sets til failure, the feeling after you've just wrecked your tris on dips is fucking INSANE

ayy L M A O

Dip 1rm is 80kg, can confirmed they are the GOAT exercise

Chest and tris. Next day is back and bi, then legs and shoulders, and then a rest day.

suicide grip