Can you actually achieve ottermode with just swimming and dieting?

Can you actually achieve ottermode with just swimming and dieting?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/Ujiu7
youtube.com/watch?v=KGEKRjlZKf8
youtube.com/watch?v=IVK08mD0UaM
ruthkazez.com/LunchSwims.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>People on Veeky Forums actually think they can look like that without good genetics

Yes? What are you even asking?

The people saying you can't were the ones too undisciplined in some aspect and failed because of it.

no. Even a body like this would require weightlifting

>good genetics
>that soulder width
>those calves
>manlet or big head

Yea. Provided you have access to a pool where you can follow an actual swiming routine rather than swim for an hour three times a week.
If you dont have the time for it just lift.

lol?

This is what 95% of men looked like 100+ years ago, when no one could afford food and was busy toiling in the filds all day and could never lift weights

you dont need weight training to have no muscle mass and no bodyfat, you need to *stop eating food*

t. landwhale

put in some effort faggot, even you could get a body like that

manual labour by definition is lifting, pulling and pushing objects.

farm work is.. manual labour

t. worked on a farm, is hard work

What is the equivalent of SS with swimming?

im not saying its easy, im saying youre not gonna look like a BB doing farm work

banging my head against the wall is hard work too, but...

t. banged head on wall, is hard

look @ picsof people back in the day

everyone is 95 lbs, with 12" arms, and 8% bodyfat

also man, inb4 your photo of you at 270 lbs 6% bf on tren ace lifting 6hrs per day and then doing farm work as proof that farm work makes u big

this site sometimes

'haha man I'm a millionaire and I always spin arouind in the shower 3 times clockwise, dont u wanna getrich?'

He has a relatively long torso, narrow waist, naturally wide shoulders and symmetrical abs

The abs alone are what make or break him.

If you don't have good ab genetics you will never look anywhere near that good.

why would you want to look like a twink

You have to incorporate at least some strength training to build that muscle mass
T. Competitive swimmer for 9 yrs

Diving head first into shallow water

ive never understood why people unironically want to look like that. he's just skinny, he barely has any muscle size. with a body like that, you'd look dyel in clothes and you'd also be weak

People look different, no matter how much bf% and muscle mass they lose or gain. How hard is it to understand that some people will look better than others despite training just as hard and eating just as well. Everyone should be physically active and improve, yet not everyone is cut out to become truly aesthetic.
Manage your expectations
imgur.com/a/Ujiu7

>you'd look dyel in clothes
I believe that's the point

why would anyone want to look dyel though? Am I missing something?

low self-esteem and fear of standing out. Its just skinny faggots who have never exercised a day in their lives. Its the same shit with dressing, they'd never wear anything that draws attention to them.
It changes once they start living healthy lives with physical activity, good food and taking care of their bodies

>This is what 95% of men looked like 100+ years ago

Help a brother out. I'm new to Veeky Forums read the sticky.
My old work out used to be five days.
1. Back and bis
2. Legs
3. Chest and tris
4. Full body
5. Cardio and abs

I just started doing 5x5 last week and it saves me so much time! But I was wondering what you think is better?

College swimmer here, we do 2 heavy/power gym workouts a week and pull ups and core for 15 mins before every session and we all have good genetics as you don't get mantels in expensive college performance programs so to look like that from just diet and swimming is not only a huge waste of your time but also a pipe dream.

dont obsess over it. Of five workouts, one will be shitty, one will exceptional and the three others average. Be consistent, eat well, sleep well. Make it a lifestyle choice, dont obsess over silly names of programs that ultimately all just do one thing: facilitate the process of damaging your muscles, so your body repairs those microtears.
For your body to repair, it needs rest (good sleep) and fuel (food). Consistency and discipline are more important than the latest supplement or a new fancy workout program with 1 set squats more or less. Doesnt matter, learn to listen to your body. Its a process, you'll learn as you progress.

pic somewhat related

i can change my muscle insertions???

srsly just stfu retard

Ok thanks. My old routine left me with extremely sore muscles the following days but I wouldn't work those same ones till either full body or the following week. Is it good to be that rekt from a work out?

it's like people like different things lol

lemme guess you've lifted less than 5 years

or limb length? some people long huge legs and a short torso relative to their height. Of course this will influence how aesthetic they will look

Doms will stop once you get into the habit of going regularly. Learn about the principles of physical exercises and what happens to your body after you train rather than mindlessly following some stupid routine. Do your own research, dont take memes serious.
Be consistent, make exercising part of your life. You will never want to go back.

Hahaha no. Look at distance runners, that is what we were shaped like. That guy lifts.

I never said that farm work would turn you into a BBer

I said that farm labour involves the use of muscle.

I also said you needed to lift weights to get the body in the OP

what is more aesthetic? Long or shot torso?

mfw I am almost this mode, pic related

long torso, short femurs. The weightlifter's physique, since its the type that can squat more generally speaking. Think Klokov or Xiaojun
I have a friend who is 6'3 with super long legs. When he sits at a table he could be confused with a manlet. Looks ridiculous
youtube.com/watch?v=KGEKRjlZKf8

5x5 is so much better for strength and for size

is it possible to have long torso and long femurs? Pretty sure thats me. I'm 6'4.5" so I guess my proportions start to get messed up maybe

Nah man, if your legs are too short it looks awkward af. Exaggerates the manletness

How do I get out of this current 6'4 skeleton mode and into the OP ottermode mode?
Do I even have the potential to get there?
Never been to the gym in my life, but I have access to dumbbells and do some exercises at home atm.
Currently 6'4, 160lbs. What weight will I have to get to? I'm aiming for 175-180lbs

No, relative to your height. Measure your height, then your femurs. If its longer than 0,26 (average), you have long femurs

Virtually all top weightlifters, strongmen and powerlifters have the same build. Big ribcage, think wrists and ankle breadth. Same goes for rugby players, football players.
At the top levels of any sport, the wheat is separated from the chaff. If you dont have optimal bone structure, ratios, hip socket depth, necessary tendon strength and thousands of other little details, you will very likely never arrive at the upper echolons. Once the air gets thinner, hard work and dedication is not enough to excel. But you can participate

EAT. I was in the same situation. I was actually a swimmer and was 6'4" 165. I've since put on 30lbs just by clean bulking and doing a 5x5 strength training program. From this point if you want, you can then just cut and do hypertrophy exercises.

>pic related me at 6'4" 193lbs

youtube.com/watch?v=IVK08mD0UaM
Some of the strongest deadlifters in the world. Why isnt there anyone below 6'3? Why is it that all of them have massive wrists and huge hands and giant skulls

I've been eating at a 3000 calories per day rate, for 2 weeks now but haven't gained any weight, so I think I'll have to up it to 3250 I guess?
How long did it take you to gain the weight/how many calories were you eating?

I would say go up to 3500. That's what I did and it seemed like the sweet spot. Eating that much can be hard, but I would drink 2 shakes a day. I did 1 scoop of protein, a massive spoonful of peanut butter (easy way to add protein and calories) and milk those two shakes per day was about 1500 calories. For food, I mostly ate chicken, broccoli, brown rice, beans. I gained most of the weight in about 3-4 months. Eating will feel like a chore, but it works. You can do it.

Lunchtime sets!
ruthkazez.com/LunchSwims.html

They are made for swimmers to do in their break, aka within a 40min window, works pretty well, i got back into swimming using them

Make sure you pick some with high variety of steps and so on like pic related.
Once you start finishing the sets in under an hour you step it up and add lengths, swimming is very customizable.

Protip if you're an absolute newbie is to marry the kickboard and pullbuoy, they should be in every single workout of yours, if you have a shit upper body, you need to start pulling like a hero, also it lets you work up enough strength to avoid the infamous swimmers shoulder which is absolute hell.

or this.

Is that body easily maintainable?

cheers, thats actually a little bit quicker than I thought which is good

Alright bro thanks. Also I was thinking about buying a body fat percentage scale. Any recommendations?