Sets of 3 for strength

sets of 3 for strength
sets of 8 for size

is this accurate?

As long as you overload progressively

Sets of 4-7: no gains

Sure. But that's not all there is to it. 8x3 with short intervals can be good hypertrophy training for example.

if you do sets of 3 with your 3 rep max and your sets of 8 rep with your 8 reps max than yes

How about 4 sets of 7 reps? I've never read about anyone doing it. Maybe it's the secret to gains.

What is short interval?

Would probably also work with 5x5, right?

no

It's not even close to being that simple

Pretty much, yeah.

What about 7 sets of 4 reps, amirite?

Shut up and eat your oats.

This

missing legend is triggering my autistic heart
i know its easy understandable but without prior knowledge this representation is useless
>blue is better than yellow?
etc

small time of rest between sets, and yeah, 5x5 becomes more size orientated that way

My strength has been progressing nicely and I do 5x5 on all my compounds

it's easily recognized by context if you have ANY lifting experience, and if you don't, you'd never stumble on this graph

i added a legend specifically for your autistic ass

Big letters = better

There's more to it than that, unfortunately. Do both for all muscle groups during the week and you'll see better gains than sticking to one or the other.

>1-5 reps at 100% for strength
>8-12 reps at 80-90% for aesthetics
>6-7 reps at any% does nothing

Anything above 12 reps counts as cardio

Isn't this just some broscience? If you take short breaks (1-2min) your body can't restore enough ATP to fuel your lifts at same weight you started with. And if the weight you lift is higher at same rep/set range the workout using higher weight will make more gains.

I don't get much hypertrophy with sets smaller than 12-15

So 4x2 is best?

Look, just pick up heavy pieces of metal and put them down a lot and you will get big.

I love /fit

yes you do
I don't have the study handy, but doing sets of 5 will get you equal gains as sets of 8-12
the only difference was strength gains, which was greater with sets of 5
so why not get best of both worlds?
this is for natties btw