/fast/ #68 I finally get to drink water after 3 days edition

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0

>WHY SHOULD I FAST?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
Mix 2,000mg of lite salt & pink salt into a liter of water and drink that throughout the day. This is like Gatorade without the sugar, it'll keep you hydrated.
youtube.com/watch?v=8Ox9WXFcNIY

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week

If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>WHAT IS DRY FASTING? WONT I DEHYDRATE MYSELF?
No food or water consumption. Try this after your first water fast if you want. It's the fastest way to ketosis and autophagy.The longest record is 18 days. (Don't fucking dry fast for 18 days. 3-5 max)

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreas_Mihavecz

>More dry fasting info
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/
youtube.com/watch?v=81a10sZ4duU&t

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xjqKsf4782I
webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-1101-holy basil.aspx?activeingredientid=1101
m.youtube.com/watch?v=A9Mj0Q9y084
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Going to finally be able to start a 5 day water fast next Wednesday, I'm pretty excited.

I think i already saw some question about it but am not sure

does /sips/ break the fast?

Yes

Dry fasting is alright. Midway through day two and not dead yet

Ugh, tried a 36 hour dry fast yesterday. Couldn't do it, got splitting headaches at around 7:30 pm.

Not going to try that for a while. How long should I try to water fast before trying a 36-48 hour dry fast? Are there enough benefits to dry fast (if you could just water fast) at all?

Never fasted entire days before, though I've done a few 3-day juice cleanses. Sorta feels like I'm fasting on those...

Start with OMADs then slowly progress to a full fast

>juice cleanses
meme garbage

Whoever thinks cucumbers are bad for you is a fucking retard. There's 11g of carbs in one gigantic ass cucumber. Everything else is fiber, water, and potassium.

It's a guaranteed way to feel full and not gain weight

how many grams fibr

Do you guys do cardio/workout while fasting?

I did 4 days dry fast, ended up with an IV in my arm in the back of an ambulance after I passed out

Only if you want to be extremely autistic about your fast. If you have to have some sugar free energy drinks or coffee to get through it, do it. Although I find that sometimes the energy drinks just end up making me hungry.
>I basically need this shit in the picture. I can't find it when I work out of state so while I'm home I'm not cutting it.

yeah I do all my long distance runs when I dry fast, because you burn fat quicker when you run so all that water is being released and u feel completely hydrated after 15 kilometres no water

How do you safely reset after you're done fasting or hit your goal? Not wanting to get my weight back up after I fast

>xylitol and caffeine
just buy xylotol and mix it in your coffee

i know right? stupid fuckers who think cucumbers arent lowcarb..

how much Snake Juice a day do you drink? 1 liter? How much water a day?

>Whoever thinks cucumbers are bad for you is a fucking retard.
Sand niggers can't even participate in conversations for a few moments without totally making up outrageous bullshit. He didn't say "cucumbers are bad for you" fucking moron, he said the function of 4:1 ratio isn't for "keeping you in ketosis" and gave you several examples if snakefag telling you what the purpose of 4:1 is.

Jesus fucking christ can we start hanging niggers yet?

>snake juice
As much as you need, keeping potassium intake below 4700mg.
>clear water
None.

OMAD is easy as fuck. I used to do 20/4 or 4/20, whatever the notation is. 20 hr fast, 4 hrs eating.

But what I'm asking is, if I do a water fast for, say, 2 days, should I be able to dry fast a 36-48 hours?

Or, at that point, should I just stick to water fasting? Like, is going dry even worth it?

>worth it
Dry fasting is for healing an issue, not just "better water fasting" for weight loss. If you have no reason to dry fast don't bother...

Hey Veeky Forums guys, new here. More of a /health/ kind of question.

Can fasting help with IBS?

IBS is ruining my life and my doctors say it's "just stress". Life's not going to get less stressful so I need to take control of this.

I think its funny as fuck that this general is now so flooded with OMAD and Dry Fasting. One is barely even fasting... the other is an extreme that most of you have no reason to do. OMAD isn't for weight loss, fat fuckers... and dry fasting isn't for weight loss, it's for healing...

I like my coffee black.

food + insulin = inflammation
inflammation = IBS

dont eat and you will cure your IBS. good luck friend

>3 days without drinking water
>Good for you

Pick one you retarded faggot.

Fasting can you with a reset on your gut bacteria composition... but I'd try diet changes first unless you're fat.
>eat more raw vegetables.
>chew your food longer
A lot of people underestimate how imortant chewing is, and they chew too little. Feel free to elaborate more about your condition though

literally on hr 24 rn
I want to thank Jesus for fasting

I'm on my 48th hour of 8 salted eggs a day. I eat 8 eggs when I wake up and that is all I eat for the day. I drink water and unsweet tea though.

I started at 202, but now I'm at 196, I'm sure most of that is water weight, but I'm pretty sure I can keep this up until I hit 190. We'll see.

I'm also taking phentermine, which is a appetite suppression stimulant that I got prescribed back when I was a turbo fat so I'm sure that is helping with both hunger and keeping my metabolism high.

What is omad for then mr bro science? I won't lose weight eating omad?

OMAD is for minimizing the number of daily insulin spikes to a single time a day for the purpose of preventing insulin resistence. What you are misunderstanding it for is Calorie Restriction... which again is a remnant from the dumb shit the junk food OMAD twink was shilling here. Calorie Restriction... in any form... lowers your basal metabolic rate over time, like in the Fung talks about "The Biggest Loser" studies... it causes people to gain weight easier later. You can have great hormone balance but if your BMR is low you're going to struggle with weight.

IF/OMAD are for maintenance routines, and you should be lifting while on them. To fix your hormones (insulin resistence, diabetes) you need to stop fucking eating food.

fasting (not eating food) + exercising = truth

I had IBS, eating less definitely helped, I rarely get the symptoms unless I eat too much. The constipation has stayed however.

I'm on the 58 hour. 40% done with my fast. I do not feel hunger anymore.

>constipation
m.youtube.com/watch?v=xjqKsf4782I
The hunger (ghrelin) comes in waves and they get less severe ovet time.

Started up a 3 day fast yesterday, that way I can enjoy a bit of a party for new years and then back to it.

Also for those drinking snake juice is it okay to drink just plain water on the side?

>speaking out of own ass
>urges people to pick one

Pick two you monkey eyed pig fucker

>is it okay to drink just plain water on the side?
You can but you shouldn't, just drink more snake juice.

>Drugs
>Making it

Pick one

retard

what is snake juice? And who is this little angry man?

Nice argument lol

retard

Snake Juice is just salt water used for keeping electrolytes replenished while fasting.
>1 tsp Sodium Chloride (Pink Salt)
>1 tsp Potassium Chloride (NoSalt)
>1 liter water
>follows advice from a fast food OMAD dyel twink
>still doesn't understand calorie restriction
>calls people retarded
Good argument.

retard

>t. dyel twink fan club
ok

>can't resist responding
obsessed

>implying samefag
ok

how are all my niggas holding up after xmas?

I HAD TO DRY FAST FOR 2 DAYS TO REMOVE ALL 9 LBS oF bLoAtMaX gAiNsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsS

obsessed

What a (((cooincidence))) that the dyel twink shows up after getting called out for anonymously shilling his retarded bullshit.
Just leave your trip on twink.

watch him reply to me again
obsessed

haven't been here in literally weeks man

Whats the difference between tap water and "Decent Water"

bit of a meme, but tap water does tend to be more acidic with higher random counts of minerals and shit you generally don't want to be drinking

if you aren't a richfag, tap water will have to suffice

Cheers Buddeh

so fasting kicks you into ketosis and then autophagy which eats your skin so you lose weight

would drinking holy basil affect fasting negatively?

It helps regulate blood sugar but is calorie free like most teas

webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-1101-holy basil.aspx?activeingredientid=1101

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week

If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

I'm lean and want to do a water fast instead of IF+WF. Will I die?

Yes, you will die someday. You are not inmortal user.

You're a small guy.

Started my fasting 8pm last night for the first time and also going to limit my fapping to once a week

Wish me luck friends

good lcuk

>I don't even have the urge to drink water anymore

are there any scientific studies showing that fasting actually improves loose skin?

t.former obesefag

there is scientific studies showing surgery is 100% success rate

>muh science
Spoiler alert, science the kikes don't like doesn't get funding. Try a 2 day dry fast, you won't die and the amount of money you'll spend will be zero dollars.

40 hours in on a water fast and I just shit myself in the gym. How do i minimize liquid shits? Do they go away?

im not gonna go two days without food or water unless my doctor recommends it :/

You drank too much too quickly, slow your sip pace.

Cool then fuck off out of /fast/ then, since your pleb tier general practitioner doctor won't recommend any of this shit. Enjoy your prescription meds side effects.

>Have an injury

Should I fast while I recover?

i'm not on any meds

My niigas, how do I come back after a fasting to not puke and shit myself to death?

>unless my doctor recommends it

Should be fine, but expect a hunger spike.

You will be after your loose skin surgery.

Correct answer is, "Yes"

why the fuck is everyone shitting themselves

Is it a really bad idea to lose weight through water fasting and then trying to conceive within a few months of that? Should I just stick to the meme 1200-1500 calories a day with moderate exercise?

Why are you trying to lose weight before you get pregnant? Are you obese or something?

People unironically don't known how to drink water.
>within a few months
Epigenetically it would benefit your child by making sure "normal" non-fatass genes are turned on. Rhonda Patrick talks about this on a recent Joe Rogan podcast. You want to be lean as soon as possible before having children.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=A9Mj0Q9y084

Overweight BMI and don't want to risk the complications that come with that during pregnancy, but I'm also a bit concerned fasting will deplete me of vitamins and minerals essential for pregnancy that would take months to replenish.

I'll watch the video, thank you.

>I'm also a bit concerned fasting will deplete me of vitamins and minerals essential for pregnancy that would take months to replenish.
Nah, you can go ahead and start a prenatal vitamin though. Watch the Rhonda Patrick video. She is fucking AMAZING and I would make an exception and race mix with her.

>Overweight BMI
start fasting but don't lose important nutrients, you'll be fine

This holiday season is hitting me in the fucking feels a little bit... I moved out of state for work about 6 years ago away from a small town to a larger city and when I visit home my folks visibly deteriorate from visit to visit.
>dad, 55
>diabetic
>seizure patient, "retired" over 10 years ago
>completely sedentary, never into fitness
>motorized cart
>motorized recliner
>one of those bathtubs with a door you can sit in
>has m.s. now
>watches TV, but doesn't really "watch" it...
>watches shit TV anyway
>christcuck
>can't buckle himself in a car
>looks like he's about to fall over when standing
>can't do conversations
>convinced that calorie restriction is key to weight loss
>eats one six inch subway sandwich every day
>literally modeling diet after a pedophile
>freezing all the time, thermostat on 74, shakes anyway
>dips tobacco
>mom goes out in the cold to dump his spit cup

The part that hits me in the feels isn't that I feel bad for him, because I absolutely don't. I hate boomers more than I hate niggers... because this is the fucking state of their generation and they absolutely fucking deserve it. I only wish I could twist this knife a little harder somehow. What hits me in the feels is when I look at him and think, "holy shit this could have been me."

Thanks Veeky Forums and thanks /fast/

strap him into a bed and tell him he wont be going anywhere for a few weeks. fast him carefully and he will be as healthy as an ox after 2 weeks.

No, twink... I don't want to help him. I want his misery to persist and for his life to end prematurely.

honestly i never understood retirement funds when the money doesn't explicitly go to your offspring.
every day I'm told to invest in the retirement fund jew that will collect into the hundreds of thousands when the reality is i'm doing everything i want to do now (outdoor activities traveling) and will be living a simple life when i get old, also keep myself healthy.

and it's not like i wont be collecting retirement, these 401k are just stupid if you don't touch them until 60 and decrepit

>finds the secret to life on a chinese cartoon enthusiast website
>wont share it with own father, who is on his death bed
wew lad should be an interesting cemetery visit

uhh.. that's dangerous

>60 and decrepit
This is part of what I'm realizing, 60 shouldn't be an age where you become decrepit... and I won't be when I'm 60 thanks to Veeky Forums and /fast/. These fucking boomers destroyed themselves in their selfishness and spoiled lifestyles.
Twink, he's doing calorie restricted OMAD like you shill so hard. lol

I understand what you're saying, but you're still going to decay no matter how much you delay it. I'll probably live a life of old chinese yoga and take it easy.

In my defense a female past the age of 30 is absolutely worthless. I'd at least want to be fit enough to still have fun with my pets outdoors. But I won't be going bungie jumping. You got the right mindset though.

depending on where you life, tap water is far better than bottled water.
Where I live, from the water that comes from my tap is actually cleaned without chemicals and is tested several times a day while bottled water companies only need to test their water like every few month or so and there is plastic in there

i'm not planning on getting any surgery since it's quite minor and doesn't really bother me

>Fasting and clenbuterol

How bad of an idea is this on a scale from "meh" to "squatting in sandals"

Fuck off

Is fasting just another keto meme?

I used to get on Veeky Forums a lot like 4 years ago and then fell off.

is this just another fad diet

Explain the logic behind going 3+ days without water. srs m8.