So what's up with kyokushin? another meme martial art?

So what's up with kyokushin? another meme martial art?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wTynM0ORTWQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's alright

thanks bud

Real kyokushin, is about moving up to a mountain top, and live there for a few years, just lifting rocks and shit. Do that until you can knock out charging bulls with your fists.
The reason I don't come back to the dojo, is that my sensei told me to do 100 pushups in a row, and I can not yet do that. That was about 10 years ago. One day I'll be able to return.
Don't go to a kyokoshin dojo unless you're already beast mode.

It's okay

What you want to know?

so it's not just another aikido? (doesn't work without audience participation)

How long have you been doing it? what are you experiences with it so far (besides the 100 push ups)

(Continued)
You may think I'm joking, but you see, the philosophy behind kyokoshin, is that lifting is the shining truth. Sure, it may not have the best techniques compared to BJJ, but it's as meme as Veeky Forums is.

Depends where you do it. At the MMA gym where I train the kyokushin people beat each other's asses everyday. People get hurt all the time so it's not fun for most people. At other gyms it's just point karate bullshit with aggressive hitting of pads.

BJJ will always be legit if you're like me and don't like getting punched in the face or kicked in the liver.

Lots of stretching and mobility, learning body mechanics, after 3 months of going twice a week you know how to punch and kick even when drunk as fuck, if you arent competing you wont be learning useless stuff

Competition in Kyokushin has been reduced from knocking out charging bulls, to what you saw in Karate Kid: A point-gathering duel sport. ...so it's hard to tell, because if you streetfight with kyokushin, it's basically just punching somebody in the face with raw strength. Ashihara has head guards and tactics and shit, while kyokushin is just fucking hitting and sending guys flying. It's a style for badass strongmen, who already do damage when they hit. If you don't do damage, then you have to rely on a tactical art instead.

>lifting is the shining truth
Now you're talking!

yeah getting kicked in the liver doesn't sound very nice, but i suppose no pain no gain right?

> knocking out charging bulls
Is that legit? and i already box so i think maybe kyokushin may be complimentary

sounds like ur a beginner who hasn't learnt any good feints or comboes.

a master of ANY martial art will know specific techniques for specific situations, and when to use them. Especially feints and follow ups, and ofcourse very solid footwork.

seriously you can beat anyone by bitchslapping them to death if you have superior footwork. its not just the punch or kick, but how you deliever it , what state of balance you and your apponent are in.

>Is that legit? and i already box so i think maybe kyokushin may be complimentary
Of course it's bullshit, you fucking retard.

If your local Kyokushin guys are consistently doing full contact sparring, they should be legit. If not, they're not legitimately training fighters.

I stand corrected:
"Kyokushin" is Japanese for "the ultimate truth".
There's no "shining truth" in there - just "ultimate".
...and as far as I can tell, the truth spoken of, is just the full Rocky montage of the founder lifting rocks and shit in the mountains. He did that until all he knew was lifting.

as with any martial art the quality of the teacher is much more important than the art itself

as is the amount of effort you put in. invest in your technical knowledge and fitness in the art, don't just take the class as gospel

You can feint and combo in every single style, but compared to other styles, kyokushin is focused on hitting first and hitting hard. I don't remember any grips, throws or any such trickery - it's just punches, kicks and blocks that you are supposed to harden your bones for. It's the type of style where people train by hitting their shins with something hard until they lose feeling in them, and do pretty much the same to their knuckles until they can hit bone. It has SOME room for being technical, but that's not really what the style is about.

(Continued)
I mean, the blocks are basically "If you see a guy, hit him. If he throws a punch, hit that punch out of the way. Just fucking hit everything, and if you feel pain in doing so, then you're weak.".

there are MANY technical fighters in kyokushin
Shokei Matsui is one of them

youtube.com/watch?v=wTynM0ORTWQ

It is true that kyokushin is rather tough, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't develop your technical abilitys.

Yes, but it's not a technical STYLE. You don't see these people grapple or throw. They don't try to really unbalance their opponents beyond just hitting them until they fall down. You can be technical WITHIN this style, but it's meant to ultimately bring down an opponent by means of pain and damage - not through some fancy unbalancing maneuver.

yes, thats how they sparr. but you teach technical stuff and self defense in kyokushin, too.

>Martial arts

Are you 10 years old?

Also, few things are as meme as aikido - few things compare to that style.
There are some people who claim to be "reviving" the aikido style, but I still see a lot of attackers taking dives in those.
I doubt aikido was meant to be effective in the first place. It's more of a non-violent solution for people not willing to hurt people.
Then Seagal turned that on its head, creating lots of confusion.

that andy hug body

>doing kyokumeme
>not god tier goju-ryu
never gonna make it

Goji-ryu? what makes it better?

What's the best martial art when you're Veeky Forums?

Muay thai and wrestling/BJJ

>what's the best martial art
Martial arts are arts. It's like aacrobatics.
If you're referring to streetfights, you also have to consider how armed you or your attacker are. If somebody comes at you with a knife, the best "streetfight" you can practice against that, is apologizing and running fast.