Why can't powerlifters and strongman accept that Olympic lifters are the strongest? Fast twitch > slow twitch

Why can't powerlifters and strongman accept that Olympic lifters are the strongest? Fast twitch > slow twitch.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/a204s4mNGAY
youtu.be/zkGFAZK-7zM
youtu.be/7erVblY7aiU
allthingsgym.com/dmitry-klokov-personal-records/'
youtu.be/8dzoTi7Zr4E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Different sport

> oly lifting is the only fast twitch weight lifting because the weight moves fast

Holy shit what a fucking goblin.

Were you born retarded or did you have to work at it?

Doesn't matter. Olympic lifts are objectively harder and require better genetics.
youtu.be/a204s4mNGAY
Video related is objectively a greater feat of strength than anything done by powerlifters or strongmen.

Oly lifting objectively requires more fast twitch fibres to reach elite level. Dummy.

Eh it is what you make it. Practice how you play. Even with shit power lifter form I don’t think an oly lifter could do some of the shit powerlifters do, at an elite level of course.

Haha, no

There are tons of strongmen who can put more weight than that overhead with a standard barbell. They'll even do it with a fat, non-rotating axle

Olympic lifting is pretty skillful and cool but don't get crazy, strongmen perform the greatest feats of strength

because the absolute weight lifted in pl is greater than in oly. simple as that

If they trained specifically for powerlifting they could. Being an elite level oly lifter requires far better genetics. If they went into powerlifting with those genetics they'd rape everyone. If a guy like lou xaujun or lasha talakadze went into full powerlifting mode they would smash the records.

>There are tons of strongmen who can put more weight than that overhead with a standard barbell. They'll even do it with a fat, non-rotating axle
There are 94kg weightlifters that can get more weight overhead than the best strongman weighing 180 - 200kg you retard.

I feel like this issue exists only in your head

Absolute weight is irrelevant. Explosive strength is far more impressive.

Be specific on like what genetics would make them the best powerlifters? Also klokov went into CrossFit and wasn’t the greatest. Obviously he was very good competitor but he wasn’t gonna make a career out of it.

Fast twitch > slow twitch. It's that simple.
Crossfit is an endurance sport, it's not a strength sport.

What I’m hinting to is cross training. Just because you’re good in one thing you aren’t gonna be good at the other. If fast twitch is greatest then why don’t basketball players make amazing oly lifters or black people in general. I think you’re over glorifying oly lifting. It’s much more technical and takes a lot of skill and powerlifting definitely deserves scrutiny for the shit people get away with. But get your head out of your ass, fast twitch isn’t everything.

>absolute weight is irrelevant

Laziness

Find me a strongman that can put 260+kg overhead youtu.be/zkGFAZK-7zM

>its a delusional OLY lifter tries to start shitfight episode by spewing random claims with no evidence.

I love OLY lifting and do consider it more impressive that standard powerlifting but youre just being a fucking retard

Find a strongman that can strict press 230kg youtu.be/7erVblY7aiU

>no evidence

See

Heres Klokov's records
allthingsgym.com/dmitry-klokov-personal-records/'

I do agree that OLY lifting is better and its easier to go from an OLY background to powerlifting rather than the other way around. Im arguing that youre just being an idiot and posting random videos is not proof.

Raw bench is almost 100 kg heavier.

And if you think that’s anything even remotely approaching a “strict” press, you’re delusional.

I'd wager if the clean and press wans't dropped in 1972, today's oly lifters would be clean and pressing 240 - 250kg.
Show me any powerlifter or strongman doing something more impressive than a 220kg snatch.

Find a strongman pressing that much at all then. The point is that's not a push press in the vid I posted. His knees are locked. The technique he uses is how u move heavy weight overhead without jerking or push pressing

So? Bench is way easier. I used to train with a family of Brazilian oly lifters. Their youngest brother is an Olympic champion. Came fourth at last olympics. He benches 200kg for reps like it's nothing and he doesn't even train a one rep max for bench. Bench is just an assistant exercise for oly lifters.

Lmfao. Bench pressing is easy faggotry. Nobody gives a fuck about benching. Elite level oly lifters bench up to 500lbs + as an assistance lift, not as a main lift.

BUMP

quality thread

incel powershitters are mad now

4plate squatter detected

how about you go back to your soy protein shake soyboy

Kek, this is blatant bait but fuck it I'll still respond, strength=ability to generate force to move weight, Oly lifting= ability to lift weight in faggy arbitrary Manor w sub optimal leverages.

Based Panzer giving it to these powerfatties in denial.

>Oly lifting= ability to lift weight in faggy arbitrary Manor w sub optimal leverages.
So you're saying oly lifting is harder and requires better genetics? Thanks for agreeing with me.

Oh i don't know, why have variations for anything? Let's all eat the same meal, wear the same clothes, watch the same tv, pursue the same goal, shit at the same time, drive the same car

You fucking retard, cant believe you don't know the difference between a strict press and push press. you dumb fuck.

>arbitrary

its literally the most efficient ways to hoist weight over your head from off the floor in 1 or 2 motions

there is not a single motion you can do that is more efficient at getting weight off the floor and over your head with your arms locked out

What's funny to me is the dyels of fit will argue over this stupid shit when elite level powerlifters, bodybuilders, weightlifters, powerlifters all laugh about it. Do you really think they put this much thought into it? Of course each of them enjoys their own respective sport more but do you think they actually sit down and argue which is superior? Go lift some weight you utter fucking faggots. No one cares about your shit opinion.

Shit on PL all you want, but Strongman is waaay cooler than WL.

t. weightlifter

its literally the nutella bacon flavored beer of strength sports

its pure meme shit

Press double layback is not a strict press and it adds a metric fuckton to what you can lift, it's like comparing an incline bench to ohp.

Eddie Hall has the most impressive legitimate strict press of all time at 476lbs.

youtu.be/8dzoTi7Zr4E

With an axle which is much more difficult than barbell, and doesn’t bent the fuck out of his knees like the video

Pressing it isn't actually harder than with a barbell. Getting the fucker into position is but once you're set its as easy as a regular bar (if you're as large/tight as Hall is, its probably easier than an actual clean - it's not like he can actually get into the rack position).

>t.someone who never touched an axle before
The part that holds the plates doesn’t spin. All the inertia that normally spins the plates in barbells gets transferred into your arms and it takes effort to keep it stable

no there objectively are not

Not even record holding olympic lifters can put as much weight overhead as a 400+ pound strongman

this is the dumbest, most objectively incorrect comment I have seen all year long

I've done a fair bit of axle press. I'm by no means an elite presser, but the numbers between the two are damn near identical.

This changes fast if you're trying to push or jerk it and gets nasty if you're rushed on reps, but for a strict single i've very rarely seen people with significant gaps between the two that weren't caused by being bad at either the continental or the clean.

How do I get into Olympic Weightlifting?

>Pressing it isn't actually harder than with a barbell.

it objectively is, to an extent, being that you also oppose the rotational force, unlike in olympic lifting

why do you stupid faggots think a 200lb lifter at peak performance is stronger than a 400+ pound lifter at peak performance? that isn't how it goes, wake up

400lb strongmen literally can't hold a front rack. you're telling me that those guys can push press 260 kg? fuck off retard

...that was not a strict press, at all, you retard

Those 400lb strongmen generally don't need to. They're so strong, heavy and locked up that the bar's as secure two inches off their chest as it would be on their shoulders.

Due to a knee bend.... I believe he's made 230kg strict press before. Again, people (OP included) shouldn't compare strongmen to Oly lifters. Strength vs power game, just because you can log lift 210kg does not mean you'll be able to clean and jerk it, look at Mart Seim, who is the same weight as Lasha and even heavier than Lovchev, but can definitely squat 400kg+ without a belt ATG, and strict press 160kg for reps, but he's 30kg behind in the snatch and 10kg behind in the CnJ. The most impressive are actually the 85s and below, being able to put 3x+ bodyweight above the head in less than 100ms after front squatting it is insane.

Straight up incorrect. Where is the torque? Inertia in the barbell doesn't need to be counteracted, in fact, higher inertia means the net torque only comes from nutation so the position is way more stable and is part of the reason why Oly lifting is easier than it was in the 70s, due to bar spin. If you have sufficiently large hands (like these 400lb lifters) the pull is also easier because there's way more surface area on the bar. Not diminishing what these guys have done because they are very strong and stronger than many oly lifters, but they will need a significant amount of training to remotely touch what elite oly lifters can do.

Still waiting for someone to find any strongman putting 260kg overhead or even just pressing 230kg overhead. Record for Olympic overhead press is 230. Clean and jerk 263.

Do you actually know what strict press means?

On a bar. Whens the last time something was bar shapped in the real world?

There are three ways of getting bar overhead. Jerk, push press and strict press. It's called 'strict' press in relation to the other two. It doesn't mean you have stand there stiff like an autist only moving your arms. Double layback is a form of strict press.

The “”””record””””” for Olympic press had a shit ton of leg drive to it with that being said Eddie hall has legit strict pressed a lil less than that with a fucking axle bar

>Panzer
Reminder that there are literal girls in /plg/ who snatch more than him.

nowhere close to 260 CJ though. The user who said "strongmen can put more weight overhead" is plain wrong. And yeah, Eddie has the best static overhead strength on this planet at this moment, IMO

the layback press is more of a push press than a strict press in terms of weights that you can put overhead. Layback press is like 95% of your push press but 125% of your strict press

Weightlifter here. I've competed in meets and train every day with an actual weightlifting coach. There's a powerlifting club next door to our locales.

The two sports are completely different and the approach to training is very different. Both sports involve squatting heavy weights and pulling heavy weights, but in different settings and with different loads. That's where the similarities end. It's easier for a weightlifter to transition to powerlifter, but it's harder for a powerlifter to transition to weightlifting because the sport is more technically demanding and takes longer to become proficient at. I wouldn't say any one is better than the other. It's just what you prefer. I occasionally bench press and max out my deadlift (maybe once every two months if training allows for it) and I can see why some people are attracted to this type of training. But I still prefer weightlifting and the feel of making a snatch PR over a deadlift PR or bench PR because it's way more difficult to achieve.

>implying powerlifters and strongmen don't accept that
>implying powerlifting, strongmen, crossfit etc aren't full of failed oly lifters
>implying oly lifters aren't just failed sprinters, soccer, NBA or NFL players

>implying sports players aren't just intellectual failures

A lot of the old pressers did it strict. Some of the strongest people even.

>clean and [push] press

>:/

powerlifters don't have access to the high tier steroids that are fed to oly lifters