Anyone use The Gym group gyms?

Anyone use The Gym group gyms?
What are your thoughts? Thinking of making the change to my local since Better is shit

yeah I use the brighton one, it's very well equipped and you can train decently well there. It's probably not best for very heavy powerlifting type stuff where you'll need a fuckton of plates, but i just use it for high volume endurance/hypertrophy work anyway

Same thing I noticed about the Newcastle one; really not enough plates

It's alright. I recently got back into lifting so it suits my needs for now.

OMG HELLO FELLOW NEWCASTLE PERSON

What a shithole
*Clap clap clapclapclap*

which gym do you go to lad? what time?

Bournemouth one is alright. Only one oly platform but no one else ever seems to use it.

I go to my local leisure centre by the airport lmao but I'll get a garage gym soon probably. How old and what area do you live in?

Ah right, ive just made the change from Better to The Gym, Better is shit to be honest. Everything broken.
I live in the Ouseburn, 26 yo

I'm 19 so get away from me you paedophile
I've heard very good things about the puregym's in newcastle maybe you should look at them.
I lift at FSI in North Shields sometimes when training with a powerlifting coach if you want to come along one day

m/f?
yeah ive thought of pure gym too. if the gym doesnt work out i'll try that one
I would but I never get around north shields desu

unless you're female

pretty shit and under equipped
full of normie dyels and old people

Newcastle one is pretty decent I guess, cheaper than Pure and the cardio equipment is on the same floor as free weights so I can perv

Another Geordie appears

I just go to the uni mate.
The actual one, not the window licker one.

lol why is everyone who goes to newcastle uni snobby toward northumbria uni?
neither are good, you're not clever for going to newcastle uni mate

i feel like most chain gyms in the uk are really poorly equipped for the average freeweight regimen of a Veeky Forumsizen

Puregym isn't.

At least the one near me. Has more than enough.

>t. powerlifter

is anyone signing up to the new one in fallowfield?

£12 a month seems to good to be true

Imagine how busy it will be with all the dyels migrating from the Armitage. Gonna stick to pure in Spinningfields.

I probably will be in Sep since fucking armitage only let you get 9 month memberships minimum
Would be nice to actually have room to squat without some idiot curling 1 inch away from the bar

Course?

can confirm work for better in se london- they dont give a shit about you either. They mainly want to target women for classes and elderly so they sign up and never come. My centre has 6000 members yet probably only 800 actually use the gym regularly

the uni system breeds elitism

Tooting here.
Always rammed. Otherwise fine.

That looks like some Dead Space shit

i go to the one in southampton, the equipment selection is pretty shit for dedicated lifters... also there was a tramp in a suit smoking a crackpipe in the lobby when i went on christmas eve lol

I'll probably go since the one on portland st is so far away from me. It'll probably be so busy though

I go to a pure gym it's got a good amount of equipment but it does get busy if you aren't going at off peak hours. Only complaint with them is they don't have a deadlift platform and you have to deadlift straight from the floor like a savage.

Gym group lacks equipment, but for its price it's very good, clean and empty at certain hours.

Is that the one on London road, or Madeira drive? Any preferences? Need something better than the cramped student gym on Sussex campus

London Road one. Sussex uni gym is incredible mate I lifted there last year before moving off campus, what do you dislike about it?

I used to go to the one in west Sussex but it was always busy even at off peak times. Lots of hypebeasts too.