How often should I take my protein shake?

I usually just take it only after a workout because its so expensive and I want it to last a while. It says I should take 2-3 servings a day but do I really need to?

4 scoops 5 times a day
CMON GOD DAMN IT GOTTA EAT BIG TO GET BIG

Try to get more protein through normal food. The protein powder should be used as a supplement to your normal diet. Also they say that to get you to buy more.

>falling for the whey jew
never gonna make it

Protein shake is a meme

eat some food u dumbo

never bought any of the protein supps because I'm a stingy jew when it comes to that shit. $50 for some shitty powder when I can get protein by eating delicious food? fuck outta here

then why does it taste so goood user

yes after a workout or before bed are the best times

but really it depends on how much protein you need per day and how much of it you're still missing from the food you've ate

free protein from my ejaculation.

>mfw I don't take protein shakes and look better than most or you.
>mfw I can look mostly the same after a couple of weeks of not hitting the gym because it's actually sustainable to get protein from real food and no supps

I believe simply eating healthy and eating protein-rich meals is all you need.
Also water, gallons of it.

proof pls

The proton to €$£ ratio is pretty damn good in the cheap end of the supplements though.

Milk?

aim for 0.8-1.0 g protein per lb bodyweight

many people find it difficult to reach through whole foods so they take proton supp

You actually need like .5 g per lb of bodyweight unless you're on roids

I fast before workout and reward myself with protein after. 25g is enough for a single post workout.

Protein is a lean supplement to simply your meal planning. Use protein shake as a snack or half meal.

>because it's so expensive

Shit is expensive it's like 55 dollars for 5lbs

i drink this shit now. it's amazingly cheap and has almost no sugar in it.

Is this bait? I can't tell anymore.

Anyway, eat food instead of chugging those jizz shakes.

>soyboys and wheybies
never gonna make it

>it's expensive because I buy an expensive brand

I bought flavoured 2.5kg for £24, that's like 3 months worth of 25g a day protein (i use 20g with 300ml milk)

you know there are companies that sell in bulk?

now tell me a protein source cheaper than that?

The whey / casein from MyProtein is actually cheaper than standard grocery food, especially if eating a lot because of keto. Warlmart's chicken is about 38g protein/$1 (17.85% of 5lbs., $10.48, potentially with hormones); MP's is 61g/$1 (76% of 11lbs., whey).

Casein actually shows really decent stats vs. whey.

1/?

>vs. whey's percentage-bodyfat loss, Casein's was 2.07x
>for fat loss, 1.66x
>for lean mass gains, 2x

>mean strength increases, 2x