Veeky Forums favorite exercise

What's your favorite exercise Veeky Forums?

Mine is the OHP. It feels amazing to put the weights over my head and I like the feelin in my delts. I hate squats with a passion though.

Me too, nobody seems to do OHP besides me in the gym, literally.
How much do you lift? I do 4x10 20kgs total, seems like a small number tbqh but I started about two months ago so idk

>tfw want to do OHP and love doing it but can lift fucking babyweight and always curve my back

fuck my life

You counting the bar?

OHP is easily the manliest lift. It just is something basic and primal with lifting something heavy over your head. Plus you get plenty mires if you reach 1plate in a normie gym

if he is 20kg is literally just the bar

Bent over barbell row

full clean & jerks
sprints
klokov presses

>you counting the bar?

No the bar is like a piece of paper

I've been lifting for the past month, currently doing 105 lbs 5x5, pretty shit i know but its my favorite exercise.
Other numbers include: 135 5x5 Bench, 155x5 Squat, no Diddly because I have some lower back issues, when my form gets better i'll start doing them

Ohp hurts the fuck out of my shoulders and so does bench press

My favorite is rows

I do military press, no one else does it in my gym.
Im bad at squats, really pleb tier but im 38 so its expected I guess.

Is your form correct or is it just genetics?

Iktf man my left shoulder hurts like a motherfucker every time I OHP or bench

Lifting feels

thats sucks bro, I was doing weighted dips to help break a bench stall and it worked wonders, but then I started getting really sharp pains in my left shoulder doing bench, so I had to take 2 weeks off. I found that focusing on my bench form and keeping my back arched + shoulders back helped reduce the pressure on my rotator cuff

Nah I work a labor job which requires lifting 50 gallon drums over my head like 400 times a day. my bodies pretty much fucked from it, carpal tunnel, tennis elbow etc

sorry to hear that, I can't really do much cardio because my knees are shot, I did a lot of cross country back in high school and didn't stop even when I was getting excessive join pain, now I cant run for more than 5 minutes without feeling sharp pains in my knees

OHP is best exercise, close second place are Pendlay rows

Yeah my one knees shot as well man so legs and cardio are out of the question

bodyweight deadlifts

I love face pulls.
Also OHP is pretty fucking based, if only the progression wasnt so slow.

my guy! face pulls here too. also learning to love rows after switching from bent-over to incline T-bar or cable rows.

other favorite - skull crushers. i’ve had weak traps my whole life and the burn feels so good, plus my tris are growing and it’s nice to have mass in my arms.

Incline DB press feels the best, but out of the big 4 probably OHP, chins if we're counting them in the same league as S/B/D/P.

incline bench press, chest pump like no other lift can give.

Am I the only one who likes to squat ?

where exactly do you feel the pump for incline bench? I've been trying it out in my workouts but I don't really feel much afterwards even when going to failure.

I love OHP and bro curls

Keep at it and be critical of the form.

This is my first week of trying it and I'm still with the bar itself.

Me too dude, I always feel like I can push myself the most on squats.

After finally carrying my body weight on ATG squats; I feel incredible every time I do it.

squats and dl are godtier

ohp brah

>Pendlay rows
shit tier
regular bent over rows and t bar rows are far superior

try Z press

squats. back squat, low bar is bae. high bar is good for accessory