/fast/ #69 coffee and tea are for pussies edition

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0

>WHY SHOULD I FAST?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
Mix 2,000mg of lite salt & pink salt into a liter of water and drink that throughout the day. This is like Gatorade without the sugar, it'll keep you hydrated.
youtube.com/watch?v=8Ox9WXFcNIY

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>WHAT IS DRY FASTING? WONT I DEHYDRATE MYSELF?
No food or water consumption. Try this after your first water fast if you want. It's the fastest way to ketosis and autophagy.The longest record is 18 days. (Don't fucking dry fast for 18 days. 3-5 max)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreas_Mihavecz

>More dry fasting info
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/
youtube.com/watch?v=81a10sZ4duU&t

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-fkv1Dkh-Ls
gu.se/english/about_the_university/news-calendar/News_detail//the-body-s-own-bathroom-scales---a-new-understanding-of-obesity.cid1537899
anabolicmen.com/caffeine-testosterone/
fluoridealert.org/issues/sources/tea/
anabolicmen.com/fluoride-and-testosterone/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

reminder coffee and tea are NOT ok on a fast. I mean, you can drink them and all, but you don't say you're fasting because you're not. and the body knows.

t. fat cunt who doesn't lift

repost:
FAST FAST FAQ
>will X break my fast?
anything besides water and snake juice (1tsp NaCl + 1 tsp KCl + 1 L H2O) will break your fast. many vitamins as well as coffee/tea affect(s) your blood sugar.
>will Y break my fast?
make this an opportunity to free yourself of all chemical addictions and attachments and learn how your body acts when no chemicals are introduced into the system for 12 or 24 hours.
>will smelling/looking at/touching food break my fast?
no
>can I lift?
lift maintenance and pay attention to your body's needs, do not overwork
>can I do cardio?
some, but drink plenty of snake juice for electrolytes and don't push yourself
>I feel sick, should I stop?
yes. ease yourself into longer fasts and use particular caution when dry fasting
>why am I shitting?
don't drink salt water so fast
>how to break my fast?
unless you're fasting for 7+ days, don't worry about it. for longer fasts try broths and lightly sauteed vegetables
>why the fuck should I dry fast?
when you fast, you reduce blood glucose levels so that your body is forced to use stored/metabolic sources of glucose. when blood glucose is high, insulin responds to store glucose. when blood glucose is low, glucagon responds to convert glycogen from the liver into glucose (glycogenolysis). when there is no more glucose to use, the body will burn fat (ketosis). when you are dehydrated, the body produces vasopressin, which works on the kidneys to retain water (among other things) and induces gluconeogenesis, which is ANOTHER metabolic pathway to produce glucose from stored sources (lactate, glycerol, amino acids). in other words, dry fasting will knock you into ketosis faster than wet fasting or a low carb diet by forcing the body to metabolize more stored glucose.

youtube.com/watch?v=-fkv1Dkh-Ls

>vitamins break fast

Wtf are you niggers on about

Does smoking break the fast?

saliva breaks your fast
coincidentally sips do not break your fast because they are 100% inorganic

I microdose lsd and chug coffee. This is my fasting diet, will I break my fast? How fast can I fast into ketosass?

some vitamins have capsules that trigger blood sugar response, and retards always ask about fish oil supplements... if you put some powdered magnesium in water or something similar you are not breaking fast.

Ah this makes sense, thanks user

Does saliva break my fast? I keep swallowing it help

LOL do you even read your own research?

Intermittent Fasting makes people confirmed testlets. IF btfo

>tfw you've been cruising for so long you no longer care about normie test problems

after 1.5 years of IF and keto and a weightloss of 35kg I just stopped from my biggest binge so far.
My weight is 5.5kg higher and I am out of ketosis for more than 2 weeks by now.
How long to fast to get back into ketosis vs back into ketosis with dry fasting?

Only 35kg in a year and a half? You had to be fucking something up. That doesn't seem like much.

IF is gay just do 3-5 day fasts once in a while

guys, theres something new we can add to our routines!

>Quite simply, we have found support for the existence of internal bathroom scales. The weight of the body is registered in the lower extremities. If the body weight tends to increase, a signal is sent to the brain to decrease food intake and keep the body weight constant
gu.se/english/about_the_university/news-calendar/News_detail//the-body-s-own-bathroom-scales---a-new-understanding-of-obesity.cid1537899

farmers walk all day ery day erywhere

Today was my first day. I'm going for one meal per day, 2 hour window starting at 6PM. It was actually really easy, I got hunger pangs for like 5 mins on two occasions.

Is this way of doing it any good? I'm still lifting though i had less energy. Any tips for what I should include/avoid in my meal window?

35kg is 77lbs
I am only 5'9 which is getting from obesity type 2 to normal weight range

What does that have to do with fasting?
All this is saying is that you will be less hungry.
If you are fasting then it doesn't matter if you are hungry because you aren't going to eat anyway.

So weight vests are not just a meme

>5'9
Sorry to hear that user.

God almighty who is this woman

Thinking of doing a fast until New year's Eve.
I can still do my workouts as usual, right?

I also plan to do 3 day fasts every weekend.

Ok, why pink salt?

trace minerals

Because it's shilling.
As far as I heard, it just pays good to the miners in Himalaya.

No, but it tastes like shit. Today i drank some coffe, about 4 or 5 sips and tries to smoke a blue camel.

It was total shit, coffe was absolutely garbage and the cigarrete was utter shit.

This is what I was starting to think

This kind of makes sense too though. I guess sense I already have it it's w/e and I'll keep using it.

Thanks anons

It has a lot of potassium so YOU DON'T FUCKING DIE.

How do I make sure I'm shitting while doing OMAD?
I'm having normal sized, keto meals, but I still find myself maintaining/gaining weight. My best guesses as to why this is would be water retention and not shitting enough.
Any advice?

Naw buddy, that's what the no-salt is for.

So does normal salt.
Or you can show me.
I am here and I am gonna look it up myself later anyways

It can help too, pink salt also has some minerals and sodium.

Dude breathing breaks your fast, get over yourself.

Full retard

Come on.
Give me the the answer.
Gimme the pussy boss.

It depends on what type of fast you want to do.
Dry fast: Only if you have enough fat to support.
Water fast: Just make sure you have enough salt water.
23:1- You should eat more on your workout day

>implying you can't load test after attaining goal weight through IF

>40lbs overweight
>Been doing OMAD for two weeks now easy as pie
>Drink 4-5L of water a day
>Lift 3 times a week

2 questions:

1) Water is getting super boring to drink and is killing me. Does water flavor break a fast? Would lime slices in water be better? I use Mio Water Enhancer

2) My shits are coming out terrible. Feel constipated almost constantly. Had a kale, spinach, lime and 1/2 teaspoon salt juice to help (hate eating salad) with fiber. If I have that once a week or so am I all good?

Thanks in advance

Mio has artificial sweeteners. Artificial sweeteners spike your insulin and slow weight loss.
Best water alternatives are unsweetened, unflavored sparkling water, tea, and water with lemon or lime juice or cucumber.

retard

How long does it take to reach ketosis on a dry fast?
Does anybody has something about Intermittent dry fasting during a water fast
Like having a water fast for 7 days and only drink snake juice within a few hours of the day

>doing OMAD for a month and a half
>lose 23 lbs (233–>210lbs)
>decide to eat normally over Christmas weekend to reset metabolism and just cause it was Xmas
>went back to OMAD yesterday
>wake up today
>heart literally hurts whenever I stand up, sharp pain
>heart hurts when eating my daily meal
Uhhhhh
I have been sick, so maybe I should chill with fasting until I’m healthy?

>How long does it take to reach ketosis on a dry fast?

It takes me less than 24 hours on a water fast, so probably less than that, depending on what your diet was like immediately before you start.

Just drink water man.
Always look at the fat you have left when you decide something like that

I assume a high fat diet before fasting would allow a faster transition to ketosis?

Uh oh

at the very least a low-carb diet would

Is it neccessary to drink this gay ass salt water mix for fasting why is regular water not good enough

If you have to fast for days to be in shape then I feel bad for you fuckers. Just don't fucking stuff your face and exercise, how hard is that?

Electrolytes

Coffee raises test
anabolicmen.com/caffeine-testosterone/
Tea raises estrogen
“Tea plants readily absorb fluoride from soil. As a result, tea drinks invariably contain high levels of fluoride. In the United States, brewed black tea averages about 3 to 4 parts ppm fluoride, while commercial iced tea drinks contain between 1 and 4 ppm.“
fluoridealert.org/issues/sources/tea/
anabolicmen.com/fluoride-and-testosterone/

losing fat more than offsets this.
the study was done on completely healthy males

>LOL do you even read your own research?

>Interestingly, although reductions in the anabolic hormones testosterone and IGF-1 were observed, this did not correspond to any deleterious body composition changes or compromises of muscular strength over the duration of the study.

>a deficit of calories reduces test

STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES

It rebounds, just like BMR, when refeeding.

Well duh. The point is any weight loss will result in a drop in test all else being equal.

Is nicotine, coffee, kratom, amphetamine, marijuana and low intensity cardio ok while fasting for weight loss? Will it make me lose muscle ?

One more day left can't wait

Yes to all except cardio if you're just trying to get lean. If you want to exercise do some lifting or body weight shit.

Light cardio, like dancing though? Not running any marathons here

I hope you'll enjoy your coma

I can't wait!

That's fine yeah, light is relative I suppose. I wouldn't count dancing as cardio unless it was competitive or something.

what is this?

is having to eat pre and post workout a meme? Should I just train completely fasted on snake juice on OMAD & 48hr fast at the end of the week? If so, is it optimal for me to eat the one meal soon after my lifting sesh?

Also wanna add another question about carbs, no carbs before or after lifting on OMAD correct? So just no carbs at all?

my fasting statistics

Pre and post work out is a meme kind of. It was perpetuated by body building mags as a thing for everyone when people started copying pros diets.

The problem is pre and post workout is only important if you're pinning insulin.

So a bunch of regular guys started doing pre and post workout meals and kept doing it because they didn't know what the fuck they were doing. Then they spread it around because if the pros do it then it must work.

>be insecure fatass
>start fasting
>1 year later
>fit
>going out with high school crush that I never had the courage of asking before

I..I'm making it lads. Life is finally turning around after all those years of crippling depression and self-hatred. So glad I didn't kms when I wanted to all those years ago.

Sounds like a totally reasonable (And healthy) amount over that time frame

>being healthy and lifting for women
your whole life is pointless btw

So its okay if I lift in the morning and eat my one meal at night? Given that I am drinking snake juice throughout the day

I’m 45 hours into snake juice fast. Someone just dropped refeeding syndrome on me. Should I just start eating now so it’s effects are less severe? I’m not overweight but have some extra fat. 5’9 179 lbs

refeeding is a meme
just have willpower

I have no hunger feelings at all tbdesu. Guess I should just keep going? If I turn a 48 hour fast into a 92 hour will I see significant fat loss?

I'm going on my 100th hour senpai, just keep going.

Alright senpai will do. Far right is me atm, middle is a few days before fast, far left is 4 weeks ago before I started being mindful of what I ate. We’ll see how I look after 100 hours

I treat Mio like a cheat drink of juice. 0 cals means it should technically be safe but I don't risk it by drinking more than 1 squirt every week as if it did have calories. The sweeteners are what makes it dodgy and not worth overindulging as full replacement to water

>far right is me atm
really makes methink

Forgot pic. Should I be drinking water in addition to the snake juice? My heart rate is kinda high

no, the snake juice has all the water you need.

Yeah dude, try it for a week and if you don't like it then go back to the way you were doing it.

I personally fucking love it, but to each their own.

being fat makes you such a testlet, it's like having a pair of ovaries

checkmate.

>Just finished my second cup of coffee

>cruising
>fat enough to need fasting

Ummm, sweetie

Hah such a idiot, amirite?
No truth to this at all... Right guys? Right??

bois this is my first time fasting and I'm 2 days in but I cant stop thinking about food, I know I can make it to the end of the week but holy shit I need to know I'll stop thinking about food after today cause it's mind numbing, Im also drinking coffee how does that fuck with my fasting, and Im not fat at all, I just want to lose fat and keep muscle so I've been doing consistent cardio and weight lifting in hopes of getting into ketosis and then after this I'll start eating at a caloric surplus of about 300 or so calories, Im trying to lower my bf% would this help, I'm new to being Veeky Forums but Im trying hard

Green tea raises hgh and you can cheaply get nice organic brands

how do i fast without losing muscle?

Holy shit I actually made it 24 hrs!

I just got blackpilled on peanut butter today, I don't think I can take anymore.

Is it a specific app that you are using?

How tf do you not die from drinking saltwater

>tfw keep clicking on Veeky Forums without thinking

fug.

The salt water is like 20x weaker than seawater, it's fine. Kidneys need water to flush salts out of your body, the amount of salt in seawater needs more water to flush out than what it gives so you dehydrate hallucinate and die.