Upper lower for getting swole

I have been running ICF for over a year and i've decided to switch to an upper lower. the gains on ICF are great and my physique has been well rounded but im just looking for something different that doesnt take as long per day. thing is the frequency of the lifts of an upper lower are quite low but compared to how often i trained, its probably the same if not more frequent. has anyone ever run an upper lower successfully? how does this fare up?
UPPER LOWER: ULxULxx OR ULxUxLx OR just alternate.
superset = underline and | = first superset, || = second superset
upper day 1:
- bentover rows (4x5)
- bench press (4x5)
-| weighted chin ups (3x8)
-| overhead / z press (3x8)
-|| barbell curls (3x8)
-|| lying triceps extentions (3x8) with elbow warmups
lower day 2:
- squat (4x5)
- backwards lunge (3x8)
- BTB deadlifts w/ shrug (3x8)
- | one leg standing calf raises (3x8-10)
- | hanging leg raises amrap/Ab wheel (2-3)x(8-10)
upper day 3:
-| weighted chin ups (4x5)
-| overhead press (4x5)
-|| bent over row or pendlay row (4x5)
-|| dips (3x8)
-||| barbell curls (3x8)
-||| lying triceps extentions (3x8) with elbow warmups
lower day 4:
- squat (3x5)
- deadlift (1x5)
- | one leg standing calf raises (3x8)
- | hanging leg raises amrap/Ab wheel (2-3)x(8-10)
rate my program.
if you've noticed the exercises are the same as those from ICF. I like them and only have access to a barbell so cant do any dumbell work.

Btw if you saw this woman in the woods, what would you name your son?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24714538
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Leslie. And then xe can choose xis own gender at age 13.

Just do full body three times a week and you’ll get better gains than a upper lower set up.

thing is i just cant recover to fit three times a week . it also takes ages. im thinking this would reduce my training time by about an hour. i train for about 3 hours on icf.

u can look p. good on u/l even natty

Iwould say it is the single most efficient way to get big as fast as possible

nah

too much rest time

Natalie Austin

looking good brother. and it's still possible to gain strength? or do they come hand in hand, as in, gain strength = gains

If you are worried about time doing full body twice a week, for ex. Monday and Thursday, and GPP a few times a week will give you the same gains as upper lowers 4 times a week.

you will get stronger, but not nearly as much stronger had you done a proper 5x10 strength training routine centered around heavy weights and compounds

that said, you will gain far more lean muscle mass and look better this way

the choice is yours,

In general,

>high rep, high set, to failure training, for a long time, u should be in gym 2+ hours, 6 days a week

>lots of growth in high large muscle is
>not a lot of strength growth

and vice versa for an 30-45 mins of strength training, wont do much to make u bug

thanks for putting it that way. i guess im getting the best of both worlds

there are 3 things that gonna make you big

1. belief that you are getting larger , you have to KNOW in your heart that what you are doing is right

if you have any doubts about your training, you will not grow

your mind state effects your hormone profile and well being

2. how long and brutally the muscle is trained

simple, everyone that looks good trains long and hard.

3. what you are eating

pizza and cookies will make you soft, your body should be like a razor's blade

No strenght training program takes 30 minutes buddy, if you’re not on gear you need to get stronger to get bigger.

no, a common misconcetion

strength is related to your CNS, and is simply a measure how strong you are.

it has nothing to do with growing a muscle, which can be done only one way:

tear the muscle fibers and then eat nutritous food

that's it- if you do that. the muscle WILL grow larger, end of story, peroid. doesnt matter if you got stronger.

The BEST way to tear a musscle fiber is to put it under very slow and steady tension to failure for hours at a time. That will FUCK it up.

>doesnt take 30 mins

yeah because u fat assholes sit 5 mins bewteen sets, i could your routine with the naked bar in like 10 mins tops with perfect form

thanks for the straight up no bs tips. looking forward to giving this a good shot.

Lol first of all there isn’t ‘one way’ to build muscle, there are three mechanisms being mechanical tension, metabolic stress and muscle damage. The CNS thing is true but that is only a factor if you are training for powerlifting, if you stay at a 225 bench for 2 years but you squeeze and go slowly and shit you won’t grow. Lol I’d like to see you do a powerlifting program in 10 mins sadcunt.

Lol what? The whole point is that when performing an exercise, your CNS will recruit all the muscle fibers to move the weight until they can't move it. This is the same for doing 10 reps until failure or 3 reps until failure. CNS gains are very much limited, and after that, gains in strength are correlated to gains in size.

Check out this guy named alpha destiny on youtube he has alot of good info on training to get big

Exactly.

you do what you want

but you need to think long and hard about what you are writining when you write this shit:

>if you stay at a 225 bench for 2 years but you squeeze and go slowly and shit you won’t grow.

Lol that’s most likely your training in a nutshell broski

Real talk, I'd lick Natalies asshole after a fresh shit lads

They're not that limited. Arguably they take longer to completely drain out than size gains do. You just don't see people go for that very often because it'd be gimping yourself from just about every viewpoint.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24714538

yeah ive been a follower since 13000 subs. moving to naturally enhanced when i get intermediate numbers. wanna squeeze out sime gains before then. just looking for something a bit different like upper lower.

yeah the woman has that real sexiness to her

That's one of those studies where you really need more than the abstract to understand how it translates into practice.

Volume equated, they got about the same gains. The important difference? The 3x10 guys felt underworked and the heavy triples guys felt fried. One of those groups has a lot more room to jack the volume than the other does.

NE style training is the best imo but I can see why you would want to mix things up

I never BP more than 115 lbs, I doubt I could 1 rep 225

Here is how big I am, I struggle to get through some doorways

I don't like to 'LOOK AT ME!!!!' but

*anons respond ONLY to *look how big I am*

This is all u understand

ICF gives you that decent well rounded physique but i just cant keep pushing the same shit. gotta switch things up. might do Alex's novice - intermediate hybrid then The Bridge then NE. how's your lifting journey so far?

Good post.

Volume is king. It saddens me how Veeky Forums has forgotten this, there's a lot of misinformation currently on this board at a glance.

ICF only works well if it sits in your volume sweet spot. People respond to frequency and volume differently. The important thing once you stop being a complete novice is trying different methods and periodisation to see how you respond.

For example, my upper body responds well to high frequency, moderate volume. My lower back needs higher frequency but less volume and my legs grow with just about anything so I typically train lower frequency and tailor the volume to make sure I don't overwork my lower back. My arms need high frequency but lots of volume aggravates old elbow injuries.

There's not a one size fits all program, you've got to understand how your own body responds to training stimulus and be honest with yourself.

Good, I’m in the mid intermediate phase doing NE rn.

yeah absolutely. i guess that the good things with stuff like upper lower and what not. you can pick what fits you. i guess i have some feel to what works best for me but i'll definitely be tryng different stuff out to see what works best.

did you hit intermediate numbers before or during NE?

I hit the intermediate phase doing starting strength, which is pretty much alex’s novice program minus the bodybuilding stuff

wouldn't want your arms to get too big!

makes me self concious when women look at me, right? best avoid that. LOL

post routine brah

Lol i threw in accessories at the end of every workout, i was just explaining what the starting strength program looked like.

good stuff.