Gains Without Weightlifting?

Is it possible? I want to build a base of muscle cause I'm fairly pinned right now but I'm too poor for a gym membership. What are some solid routines I could do to get as Veeky Forums as possible without machines/weights?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

its called getting fat

Are you saying I can't build muscle without weights or machines?

Holy shit, Veeky Forums get's dumber by the day. If you can't afford a gym membership then do some fucking calisthenics.

I've never been on Veeky Forums before and know fuck all about gaining muscle. Just decided tonight that I want to change myself but I don't know how

go read the sticky

it is possible... but extremely time/energy consuming and not very effective. you're too poor for a gym membership? get a pull up bar, a dumbbell set, and some bands at the very least....

also
>too poor for a gym membership
no youre not

I have and I'm unsure of how to properly count how many grams of protein is in what kinds of foods and I'm not sure if I need to buy a food scale or something and start going by the calorie guide religiously. There's a lot about weight lifting and nothing really about calisthenics. I just want to know if I can build some decent muscle and drop a few percent in body fat by just calisthenic workouts and what are the best ones? Are doing different kinds of pushups, cranking out a ton of situps, and running to the local park to do chinups and back going to be enough to help me stop looking so twigish

I don't have $50 a month to spare for a gym membership. That money can go to food or I could build a savings account

What varying weights would you suggest for dumbells? I could probably do 3 sets of 10 reps of 25 ish pounds before I start needing to lower my rep count. How long should I lift one weight category before moving onto the next?

>start going by the calorie guide religiously.
Yes, do that. Use myfitnesspal and track what you eat.

reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine

how can you gain something that's a reflection of tearing down from progressively heavier resistance without any heavy resistance?

you fucking retard?

>That money can go to food or I could build a savings account
then you can afford a gym membership you worthless piece of shit you literally are making excuses saying you'd rather eat expensive shit or extra shit or save up the money.

As I've stated previously, I'm very new to fitness. I figured doing shit like pushups or chinups would cause me to go muscle mass and as my body weight increased it would just add more weight on for the chinups and pushups then it'd just kinda stack like that or something

>doing pushups to increase bodyweight to increase resistance
you're fucking retarded, the increase in resistance has to be in the 10s and 100s not 1lbs difference.
Goddamn you're dumb.

The most expensive thing I buy might be 1 package of mince rough every other week. I'd rather be having more than 1 meal a day than a fuckin gym membership you twat

You can increase resistance by doing progressively harder bodyweight positions.

I will state again, I don't know shit about this topic and have never done any training in my life. I'm not dumb sir, I am simply uneducated on this

THIS is what I'm asking for. What positions would you do to start and what would you switch to about a month or however long down the road?

No you can't retard, the only way to increase resistance during calisthenics without equipment is to change angles and leverages, which will change the muscle groups that are used. and it's always going to be less muscles used just as a pistol squat can never replace a barbell squat and you will never get a big chest from push ups no matter how many variations of width and angles you do.

>I'm not dumb sir, I am simply uneducated

No you seem plenty dumb because you can't seem to read a simple sticky that explains mass and size gains and even covers calisthenics.

>you will never get a big chest from push ups
That's why you move onto harder movements like ring pushups, ring planche pushups and beyond.

I'm doing this until completion, then I will move onto harder things. My goal is to be able to do all that crazy ring/horse stuff that gymnasts can do. One thing I must say though is that bodyweight leg work will never be as good as what you can do with a barbell, hence why I have a squat rack at home. Still cheaper than the gym in the long run.

If you were to not understand a topic one day but understand it the next, would that mean yesterday you were stupid but today you're smart? I am gaining information on a topic that I don't know much about. Would it be fair for me to call you a moron for not having a degree in physics? Yes I understand fitness and physics are two completely different topics but the principle is still the same

this OP is a cheap fuck if he'd rather "save up" or "buy more food" instead of a gym membership fee
also stupid if he thinks he can get big or strong without progressive resistance

we should just point him towards convict conditioning and let him waste half a year of his life doing that shit lol

>ring pushups, ring planche pushups
still won't grow a big chest
inb4 you post pics of roided manlet olympic gymnasts

Don't listen to him
You can get strong doing CC op, it's your best hope desu

>stopped heavy lifting because of injury in 2016
>still working construction and maintain nutrition
>hitting the gym again in 2017
>broke my last rep max instantly
>feels good man

this is good
do CC OP
also make sure to eat plenty of ramen while doing your push ups like your shounen hero just like every other japanese and weeaboo who asked the exact same shit you're asking

I eat one meal a day and have no savings in the bank, it is a better financial move to put 50 dollars a month into an account I don't touch rather than waste it on a membership when I'm not trying to get huge or anything. I'm just trying to build a base of muscle. I could even take 25 dollars a month extra just to give myself a little bit of extra nurishment. What's the problem here?

Non toxic reply coming in:
Do pushups, bodyweight rows, dips and pull ups and focus on increasing your rep max first. Then once you can do 15-20 dips and 10-15 pullups in a row, try going for more difficult/gymnastic movements, for example on gymnastic rings.
For legs there are only sprints, hill sprints and pistol squats, but it's far better than nothing. Dont be afraid of the cardio, and stay consistent.

lol
move in with your parents
worry about your education more than your body if you're in poverty

Okay man. I'll keep doing what I'm doing rather than listen to what some random on a Angolan saltwater fishing messageboard says. As long as I keep pushing my muscles and doing harder and harder things I don't see why there is a problem.

>Gains Without Weightlifting

Roids are the answer. Whether it's worth it is up to you.

>I'll keep doing what I'm doing rather than listen to what some random
not just me, but the sticky and the rest of the intellectual world
which is why you're close-minded
> As long as I keep pushing my muscles and doing harder and harder things I don't see why there is a problem
because you have a different goal you retard

you're telling OP to waste his fucking life giving effort so he can "do harder things" when he never asked for that

not everyone is a parkour loving monkey rat who thinks body tricks are cool like you

go watch that old guy doing a 1 armed planche on a bottle on youtube or the bodyweight circuis fuckers again and fuck off with your small size and overall weakness

Just get the dumbbells that accept plates so you can do progressive overload.

Buying a full set of dumbbells would be more expensive than a full barbell + plate set.

>which is why you're close-minded
Not closed minded, just wondering why increasing resistance in a different way to adding weights is any different to increasing it using different positions on rings/bars etc. If the muscle is being pushed to its limit and the resistance increased then what's the difference? Feel free to school me, I like to learn but if you're just gonna reply with 'you retard' every post like an angry child then don't bother.

>he never asked for that
He asked for the best way to get as Veeky Forums as possible without weights and machines.

Thank you friend

I am currently living with my mom and any little bit of extra cash I have goes into a college course that I'm trying to fund for August 2018

none of this matters
OP stated he eats once a day and is poor
he never read the sticky because he thinks he can get bigger without spending more money on food and protein

I asked for the best way to get Veeky Forums without weights or machines and you assisted me by calling me a retarded poor fag multiple times

Generally speaking, the increased difficulty in bodyweight movements comes from an increase on stress on parts other than the prime movers. Planche pushups aren't hard because they require insane pec/tri/shoulder strength, they're hard because they require a ton of ab strength and balance.

Which is great if you want to show off or work on your body control, not so much if you're primarily concerned with jacking up your pecs.

take the hint

Interesting. So like the angry dude said about 'roided olympic gymnasts', are roids how olympic gymnasts get their physique, or do you think they have a weighted program?

I'm not against weights at all I must add, I use them for squats or for when it's shit weather outside and I can't be bothered setting up my rings.

You're a useless prick

It's a mix of things. Gymasts tend to be short fuckers so they don't need as much muscle mass to look jacked. They also train with an insane workload and some of those movements are damned hard in terms of raw strength as well as control. Some of them use weighted bodyweight movements as supplemental training - bar dips, pullups and such, stuff that's low on technique compared to their skill work.

And yeah, many of them juice.

DO
SOME
FUCKING
PUSHUPS
BITCH

Imagine being this retarded

Bench press wont either
>Inb4 you post a pic of a roided brolifter