Powerlifting General -/PLG/

For the purpose of becoming stronger, and competing at powerlifting.

>NOV edition

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/workouts/beyond-531-program-1-1
youtube.com/watch?v=iHsDUyOgreg
youtu.be/GMzaOqWIGJc
youtu.be/H8QOuCyKVG8
youtu.be/Y1LA5f2Z9-M
instagram.com/chaselindley/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Odd thing to say for someone who created 5/3/1

I want to die

20 week program. Half of your year planned for you. Stop being a pussy.

>NOV

It's a shame the kind of message in pic related gets tied into terms that are easily argued as misogynistic. The message gets lost in the ensuing tumblr tantrum.

I've been on SL 5x5 since November. I just hit lmao1pl8 on my squat and my adductors can't seem to recover. They're the only muscle that's causing me trouble and they're constantly sore. I've tried widening and narrowing my stance and adjusting the angle of my feet/knees.

Any tips? Should I just deload or reduce my progression from 15lb/week to 7.5lb/week?

Men need to take manhood back. Quit sucking up to dumb cunts just to maybe get laid.

I can't deal with plgs autism much anymore

thank you jim

Fuck you, pay me.

bbut i thought it was free

will you bring out more books abut 531

Also thank you Plazma™ for boosting my recovery and letting me perform at peak potential.

>20 week program
This would put 30 lbs on your bench and 60 lbs on your squat and deadlift in 20 weeks if you are intermediate.

Ignore supplements. Nigger has to get paid.

should I back squat and chinup everyday or alternate with front squats and rows?

gonna see what 6-7 days a week is like

you fell for the SL meme.
drop two sets and just do 3x5 SS-style.

or better, just start SS from scratch.

What does
>Quit sucking up to dumb cunts just to maybe get laid.
have to do with telling someone to be a man about something?

My point is why tie being a man to not being a woman, instead of say not being a child? When I need my lifters to just crack on I tend to go with 'put on your big boy/girl pants'. Or I tie it to professionalism by telling them to hold themselves to a higher standards.

That's not offensive to anyone and it doesn't lose the message.

Of course he will. 5/3/1 is Jims way of not having a real job and having to leave the house.

Quit fucking atound. You're scared of being strong.

jim, go home

Because offended women and their soyboy orbiters have made our world a PC nightmare.

>not having a real job and having to leave the house.
He helps with the strength programs of local high schools for free. What do you volunteer? Cheeseburgers into your mouth?

What's fat retards name/insta? I want to embarrass my twink friend for having such a shit arch in binch.

Anyone have any experience running Powerlifting to Win's Novice Phase 3 program? I'm currently running intermediate programs but debating going back and trying it to milk some linear gains. I'm an early intermediate.

You sound like an old person complaining they can't be racist anymore.

I don't have free time to volunteer because I've got a full time job instead of selling 6 variations of the same ebook.

The day I bench 140kg for 5 close grip is the day I'll finally feel happy.

And that day is coming soon. I'm going to be happy one day :DDDDDD yayy

>going back and trying it to milk some linear gains.
Why?

If you're getting stronger, slow and steady is fine. This is a long game.

Have you ever been satisfied with any other lifting PB? You'll be happy, briefly. Then you'll start thinking about 150kgx5 CGBP....

>I've got a full time job instead of selling 6 variations of the same ebook.
Lol. Sounds like you suck at making a living.

Don't hate the player, soyboy.

who here /soy mogged/

>8 soylents a day
>three ounces of tofu a meal
>90% of calories coming from soy
>soy chest bloat
>trap fetish
>testosterone in the double digits

I'm on my third bottle and its not even midday

tom?

Does exercise selection even matter much even if you don’t think you will compete at all or atleast anytime soon?

eg Just focusing purely on snatch grip deadlifts and front squats or something

does anyone get anything out of RTS's videos? everytime i watch one its like i didnt watch it at all

>youtube.com/watch?v=iHsDUyOgreg

It's a lot of overthinking.

I want the 5/3/1 memer to go.

what ya mean

exercise selection, rep scheme and lift frequency dont really matter, these are variables

principles over programming

strong people dont seem to bash 531

weak people/people in plg do

Hello I saved this for you

People shilling programs without being asked to is triggering for me.

Very nice thank you

>People shilling programs without being asked to is triggering for me.
Fuck off.

This board is weak. It needs no-nonsense long term programming.

All of the weak fucks here program hop every 4 weeks to some new beginner program.

Post wommens, it's what you're good at.

>All of the weak fucks here program hop every 4 weeks
who and why do you care?

It matters, you're going to progress on snatch grip deadlifts faster if you deadlift and snatch grip deadlift.

20 weeks is a long time to ask for someone to commit to any programming, especially somebody who can't stay doing the same thing for 4 months. While your idea sounds good on paper, your methods are flawed, and all those people that washout after 4 weeks on whatever program they're running will probably do the same with that 20 week program.

Let the mental GDEs be mental GDEs. They'll figure it out one way or another eventually.

>post wommens

Only because you asked.

Meant weeks not months*

consistency has and always will be king

i know someone who has terrible programming, but he turns up 4-5x a week and does it, never missing sessions, week in week out, and hes making good progress

>has terrible programming
>hes making good progress
Explain. If he is making consistent progress then that means his programming is good for him, even if it's not good for the majority of lifters for whatever reason.

I want to train lifts everyday, how do I do this without all out maxing?

I don't know.

Take a regular amount of volume and divide it.

But when are you going to do cardio/conditioning?

You better be doing weighted vest walks.

Beyond 531 has a high frequency template.

Need some mass, anyone have a favourite style of high volume programming?

>mass
Build the Monolith. Look it up.

plop PLOP SPLASH SQUUUUUUIIIIIISH PLOPLOP plop

WEEW that was a huge first initial burst of Norman khan and.. And..

PLOP splash plop.. Plop.. Plop

Wow another quick load of khan dumped into the toilet

Wew it's rather stinky too 4.3/10 on the stink factor

I gotta say this is looking like another quick disposal session of Norman khan

But don't be fooled by the lack of Text or disposal time because just like the last two days, the Norman khan came racing out and is plentiful

Which forum is that?

Looks pretty interesting, thanks Jim

old Veeky Forums

startingstrength

>Take some accountability and don't forget your triple ply squat suit, squat breifs, knee wraps, wrist wraps, belt, and to do a split stance for a 2in ROM. Don't worry, if you look confident the judge will white light you.

Powerlifting was such a fucking joke back then.

I don't even know who would compete in that.
Okay, I can understand cheating in popular sports, but cheating/rule lawyering in powerlifting?

>wearing no supportive gear to mitigate injuries
>training for years to squat 2-2.5x bw
>training alone because the weights aren't heavy at all
"Raw" powerlifting is boring and stupid

If you need to "train for years" to squat 2x bodyweight even at 100kg you have a problem.

My insta is private senpai. Here's my mock meet though youtu.be/GMzaOqWIGJc

Cheating/rule lawyering is part of the reason powerlifting was on the fast track to being a dead sport before raw really started to take off. Sumo deadlifting literally came into existence through rules lawyering. People would wear two or even three squat suits on top of each other, plus multiple knee wraps, even taping tennis balls to the backs of their knees in an attempt to get a better bounce.

>even taping tennis balls to the backs of their knees
lmao what

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand The Dave Hoff Method™.

True. Multi-ply is a sport for geniuses, and there's just not enough at the level needed for meaningful competition. The rest of us scrubs will have to make do with relying on shit like our muscles and tendons I guess.

It's sugden barbell. I don't know if he posts much there any more, I've not been on in ages.

>ever relying on your tendons

Heh, don't count your chickens before they hatch, kiddo.

youtu.be/H8QOuCyKVG8

Ahahahahah oh SHIT boardshorts on SUICIDE WATCH

does anyone here use autoregulation in the form of topsets or singles@8 in their program to calculate the weights for the sets you do next

or do the bunch of yous just do cookie cutter programs where ya dont need tp think

what about making your own well thought out program that doesn't use RPE, or does that not fit into your "rpe = smart, rest = bad" paradigm

I do.

I've been tweaking it week to week to find what works best for me.

Right now it looks like this for main lifts.

D1
Squat x1 @8, 4x4 @(85,87,89%) single
Bench x1 @8 4x4 @(85,87,89%) single
Extra quad work @3x10

D2
Deadlift x1 @8, 4x4 @(85%,87%,89%) single
3ct paused bench 4x3 @(81,83,85%) day 1 single
Extra deadlift work @3x10

Day 3
Squat variation 3x8 @(71,73,75%) day 1's squat
Tng bench x1 @8, 3x8 @(75%,77%,79%) single
2 extra bench variations @3x8

Day 4
Deadlift variation 3x8 @(71%,73%,75%) day 2 single

I do extra pulling on every day but day 2, and do a hip hinge, like hyperextensions, when I squat and ab work when I deadlift.

well said.
Hey everybody
what is a reasonable rate of progress for an -83 with a 600kg total?

2 years of SS.

Looking to compete in a few months. How often should I be doing pin press and what is the optimal set x reps? I feel like my triceps are letting me down so I am working on the top half of the lift.

I just did 100kg @ 82 on it today. Would standard bench press be about 5kg stronger than my pin press?

Eddie hall says he does relatively light weight but fast high volume dead lifts one week and then does heavier lifts the next week.
Is there a program that reflects this?
Newfag question i know, but my diddly is not progressing like everything else

Nearly every program? E.g. TM has high volume followed by a higher intensity day.
>hurr it's not two weeks
Yeah because you don't need a two week long microcycle. When you deadlift or squat 300+kg you might need two weeks in between heavy sessions because the overloading workouts are just so damaging, but for 99.9% of lifters that's useless, our SRA curves are much shorter.

Don’t meme me here but SS or Pavel 5x5x5? The 5x5x5 looks comfy as fuck but not sure if it would be too easy to overreach or if I could could literally just add 2lbs every time.

SS
>3 day
>3x5

5x5x5
>5 days
>5 reps, -10% backoff set of 5 reps
>same 5 movements each time

>I just did 100kg @ 82
pls be ohp

Yes. Oct to Dec last year, implementing this method took my bench from 132.5kg to 140kg, DL 260kg to 265kg.

So for example a day 1 squat session might be top single @8. Then 4x4 starting at @7.5.
Say I hit 220kg I then cross reference pic related, divide 220 by .922 to get an e1rm of ~238, then multiply 238 by .824 to get a working weight of ~196, rounding up or down to nearest 2.5kg plate depending on how I feel. Usually up.

I did however find it kind of mentally taxing and time consuming, and I'll save it for peaking blocks normally.

I'll just say I have never heard of 'Pavel's 5x5x5'

Can you still make progress on SS? If so, do SS. No need to do anything more until progress stops.

You're crippled.

Yes, not on anything atm just curious.

From one of Patel Tsatsoulines books or something and would be something like this everyday leaving a rep or two to spare.

1x5 Squat
1x5 Deadlift
1x5 Bench
1x5 Row
1x5 Pull-up

>you see how this is pure math

Do pin presses on a steep incline like this for accessory work

youtu.be/Y1LA5f2Z9-M

Will hit the long head better

Thanks

Yea I do it as an accesory on chest days. What kind of rep scheme would you recommend? Would twice a week be good?

That 5x5x5 program isn't a program as much as it's a marketing gimmick. Do SS.

what was ur opinion on jm presses vs other tri movements again

ive been doing it frequently light weight to prep the tendons

not the same guy but what would happen if you ran SS as written but removed a set so you were working at 2x5?

Is that a good thing or bad? Plen here.

How to keep your mind focused when doing heavy weight for 3-6 reps? All I can think of is how now to die, and my mind goes blank and everything. Canno't keep the cues in my head to keep my form right. Also, getting fucking anxious before every set, and even on my way to the gym that day.

How to deal with such thing?

desu my form is always better when lifting heavier because of the fear
when i first squatted 4 pl8 I was tighter, more stable and more focused/stronger than I was when warming up with 2 pl8 and 3 pl8 which felt awful

it's like my entire body forgets about everything else in the world except the lift, I nail every cue perfectly

If twice a week id do heavy and light, reps upto you

JM press is probably the goat tricep builder, being a hybrid between tricep extension and close grip bench you can eventually load it pretty heavy, using an ssb can make the rom really consistent and the pad protects your forehead

Do you consider Chase from SS strong?

literally who

instagram.com/chaselindley/

also, what's a good once a week dl routine?