Cutting from 20% to ~15%, tips?

Hey guys, DEXA scan 2 weeks ago had me pegged at 20% BF which is right in the middle of the normal 'healthy' range.

Obvs I wouldn't be browsing onion threads and avoiding soy-based thoughts board if I interested in normal, so anyone got tips for cutting that last little bit?

(6"1', 175lb, Dexa gives RMR as 1713 cal/day)

Other urls found in this thread:

bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/general-philosophies-of-muscle-mass-gain.html/
bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/calorie-partitioning-part-1.html
bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/calorie-partitioning-part-2.html
youtube.com/watch?v=5pkbrTpKaj4
bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-full-diet-break.html/
denovonutrition.com/nutrition-101-art-balancing-energy-intake-body-composition-performance/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yea, instead of cutting, why now try to build some muscle? 175lb is pretty light for 6'1.

>cut from nothing to even more nothing

ughh 175lbs is pretty light for 6'1. If you are really 20% bf, you have zero muscle mass and probably need to bulk or just eat maintenance/clean for a bit.

Pics of body at 20% please

I went from 22% to 12% in seven months and am well on my way to 8-10%. The last 10lbs of fat are the hardest to get rid of without sacrificing muscles.

Build muscle first for a few months while eating very clean. You'll need lots of protein and a routine which hits all of the muscle groups and at least two days of intense cardio to keep from adding more fat. After about four months, start cutting. Add more weight for lower reps and increase your cardio but don't change your diet.

Is it? Honestly I just figured if my lifts were okay then it must be time for a cut, but now im kind of doubting the lifts been okay part.
Opinions?

1RM's
DL = 264lb
Squat = 242
Bench = 165

Please be bait

Thats a lot of time senpai

Post pics, op. Front, side, back, double bicep if you wish.

For the love of Allah, make sure your legs are visible (in addition to no shirt, obv).

Mate, I have no clue ey. Everyone on this board is 1/2/3/4 plate but I live in a metric country, our plates are 20kg, Fucked if i know what 1 American plate is? Like what, 40lb a side?

I'm only basing my strength on what i see the people around me are doing, so no, No idea to what degree im shit at this

20% bf is in the middle of a healthy range?
what the fuck

Yeah, the guy running the study said for a male between 18 and 22% is ideal, unless they're a competitive athlete or similar then yeah, lower is better

A plate in freedom units is 45lbs for whatever reason. I'm not gonna be an ass and say your strength is terrible, but it is beginner level. You can cut if you want but I'm pretty sure you will just be disappointed with the results. If I were you I'd lift hard and not waste your time with cutting until next year. You'll have made much more progress and put on more muscle to cut down to.

>a lot of time
Went from fat to six pack and vascular at 215lbs. I haven't actually gotten my BF checked any time recently so I'm going off of comparison and my first actual check (22%) was a month into my regiment. Starting point was 245 though... 1RM bench has gone from 185 to 275 and curls for reps went from 30 to 55... I feel like I have been doing pretty well, given the timeframe.

nagh, go nuts, If my strength is terrible then it's easier to improve and i got alot more room to improve.

And hell nagh, cutting is terrible. I've been suffering under a ~500 cal deficit these past 2 weeks, workouts suck, my heads foggy. If you reckon go for gains instead then you are not going to hear much argument from me

Not the other guy, but OP you should definitely not worry about cutting yet.
You're very much a beginner and if you cut now you'll just get really skinny and be let down.
Lift consistently and eat just a little above maintenance and you'll put on muscle quickly without gaining too much fat. Then when you cut in six months to a year, you'll look good. Just don't let yourself get fat in the process.

That's a cute doggo

Seven months and that much of a jump while cutting? You're either lying, mistaken, or extremely genetically gifted.

LOL
Bs
13-16 is a much healthier range. Above 16 is noticeable fat.

Depends on the person, above 10% I feel fat, lazy, sluggish, ugly.

I can't imagine a bf % that negativly impacts your mind state is good for your health

hey Alex
yeah I’m sitting at 12
hoping to cut to 10
no lower
:)

I was in your exact situation when i started lifting a few years ago and took shitty advice like what's being posted in this thread, and tried to "recomp" when I really should have just bit the bullet and cut hard down to 10-12% to set myself up for future gains

don't make the same mistake I did - by not cutting and instead trying to build muscle when you're already 20%, all you are really doing is setting yourself up for a shitty purgatory where you are afraid to eat enough of a surplus to make actual gains while also not getting any leaner - no progress in either direction

bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/general-philosophies-of-muscle-mass-gain.html/
bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/calorie-partitioning-part-1.html
bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/calorie-partitioning-part-2.html
youtube.com/watch?v=5pkbrTpKaj4

losing fat is a much easier and faster process than gaining muscle, you can go from 10-12% in a few short months - you will not put on enough muscle mass to make a significant visual difference in the same amount of time, most likely

do the smart thing, suffer a little now and get to 10-12%, here's what I would do if I were you (because at one point I was you)

>cut to 10-12% at a 1000 calorie deficit, taking breaks at maintenance every 6-8 weeks of cutting depending on how shitty you feel bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-full-diet-break.html/
>ramp calories back up to maintenance -10% for 2 weeks after cut is over
>ramp calorie back up to old maintenance for 2 weeks after this
>ramp calories up to slight surplus, aiming for about 1% bw gain per month denovonutrition.com/nutrition-101-art-balancing-energy-intake-body-composition-performance/

hope this helps

from 20% to 10-12% in a few months*

i dont get how they can say 20% is healthy

everyone i see 20% looks depressed af

everyone i see 10-12 looks happy

everyone i see 8-9 looks... grim lamo

its so easy to get to 12% and so hard to get to 8 lamo

Yeah brah not to pile on but you’d be the weakest guy at my gym by a wide margin. I know because I’m the weakest guy at my gym and those are light weights for me.

Anorexia

Retard here
currently cutting
5'6 manlet at 213 lbs
What should my macros/ratio look like on low carb
and should I be cutting 500 cals less than my tdde?

Being ~22 25ish BF since im 14
I can strongly say being fat ruin the mental state and confidence, cant wait to be ~9%

Planing to go from 20 to 10 in 4weeeks, is it even possible?
Im 6' and 196lbs

Because 20% is just People that are aware being fat but cant beat the binge, so it affects their mood

probably not, set realistic goals

aim for 2lb/week loss

I meant 8

Body fat estimate? I'm 5'11, 160.