1 year of lifting

Thoughts on my lifts from 1 year of lifting? Originally a skinny fat weakling but now at 86kg bw. 5 foot 10 manlet.

Squat - 155kg/342lb
Dead - 185kg/408lb
Bench - 90kg/198lb
Press - 70kg/154lb

I've always struggled with upper body strength so I'm not too disappointed with my bench.

Started on SS, moved to nSuns 5/3/1 now running GZCL J&T 2.0.

Other urls found in this thread:

liftvault.com/programs/powerlifting/gzcl-template-spreadsheets/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nice bra good routines
i like gzcl 5day variation got some pretty good benchpress gains from that

Thanks dude,

got a link to that?

op you are literally me except for my bench being 112kg, and my diddlies 190kg.

Bumping because i'm also interested in routines (tried 5/3/1 with piss poor results, and the bridge with slight increase on my ohp and bench)

I'm almost going tard mode and doing bulgarian but honestly doesn't sound optimal for me

was its nsuns 531? it has way more volume than standard 531

yeh nSuns is defintely not the same as regular 5/3/1.

I actually jumped off it after about 5 months because I was so beat up every week. It does work very well however. Might jump back on it in the future after I give my body a rest.

here
theres a bunch of variations in here
liftvault.com/programs/powerlifting/gzcl-template-spreadsheets/

That's amazing OP, i'm jelly as fuck.
After 6 months i'm only at for 3x5 :
Squat - 102.5
Dead - 140
Bench - 72.5
OHP - 47.5
192cm/89kg - 6'3/190lbs. Lost a shitload of weight, 1k cal deficit since that whole time.
Do you recon nSuns would be good or should i hop on regular 5/3/1 BBB ?

3 mnths lifting, 72kg->80kg.

OHP: 45kg
Bench: 62.5kg
Squat: 100kg
Deadlift: 110kg

I'm running GSLP, is that what you were on?

Some variant of it yes.
Then i went to candito LP, which was phenomenal for squat/dead but trashed by bench/ohp

Before/fter stats for GSLP and reason for switching off it now? I was running Stronglifts 5x5 but left it for the same reason. I'm running GSLP with incline bench, curls and tricep pushdowns on OHP day and incline dumbbell bench, face pulls and plate raises on bench days.

Switched of GSLP because i stalled too fucking hard on everything and i had not enough pull volume which resulted me going into hunchback mode.

before : nothing
After :
Squat - 80
Dead - 110
Bench - 65
OHP - 42.5

Ah fair enough. I've a year of calisthenics on top of me already which I'm think should offset my overweigh on pushing for a while.

How did you find the GSLP reset procedure? I've just hit my first stall with GSLP with pretty much your weights - +20kg on the squat. I'm doing chins @+10kg and pendlays at 60kg, what were yours like?

Its pretty shit. Just deload 7.5 kg for upper body lifts and 10kg for squats/dead.

Im running bridge now after spinning my wheels for 5 months.

Ive been working nights for the past 2 years and often have trouble getting sleep. The rpe scale and specificity/stress moderation really suit me.

Lifting 1 and a 3/4 years, Dl: 210kg, Sq: 180kg, Bp: 120kg, Pr: 70kg at 85kg bw and 6'1.

I know its not impressive but im growing so im happy.

How the fuck do you manage doing it ? RPE sounds weird as fuck.

Your bench should be 20-25 kg higher than now

did you do 2.5 or 5 lbs jumps?

Use rpe on top of %max. The bridge has a comparable scale on the pdf. For example, 5 reps at 8rpe (2 more reps in the tank) should be about 81% of 1rm. 5 reps at 9rpe (1 left in the tank) should be at 85%. The rampup sets help you get a feel on your performance that day and you dial it in. You still try to add weight every week though. Try to keep consistent form and rest periods too.

What you did for accessories on nsuns? Were you focusing on strength gains?

Nice. I got pneumonia after seven months of lifting, had to take a month off and now I can't even squat 2pl8 for one lmao just fuck my asshole up.

post body OP

Bump for interest

you have decent genes then, I've been lifting for 3 years and my lifts are only 30-75 lbs above yours

We read the same book? Deload 10% but instead of just going for 3x5 liek SL/SS would have you do, now you do 2x5, 1x AMRAP. Did that not seem more productive to you?

Bump

Holy shit I've never seen that sam hyde pic.
I thought I had them all in that series. Cheers mate

>Squat- 120kg
>Dead- 150kg
>Bench- 100kg
>Press- 80kg
W-what the fuck is wrong with me?

Nothing, I bet you have short arms, that's what's favouring your upper body leverages.

2 months in

Squat - 90 kg
Deadlift - 110 kg
Bench - 55 kg
Press - 30 kg

At 176cm, 95 kg, was mostly fat when I started, hoping to get better at pressing

Mirin Squat

I'm 6 months in and I keep fucking stalling squat at 80-90kg. It just won't progress.

All my other lifts are progressing to a decent degree I guess (110kg DL, 70KG Bench/Row, 50kg OHP), but my squats just stall at a paltry weight.

4 months so far
>95kg Squat
>130kg Deadlift
>65kg Bench
>45kg OHP
>74kg? 5'9 manlet squire

Despite the memes, I really wished I started with SS; been reading the book which has helped me realize my squat form was garbage. My upper-body lifts are probably doomed to always be trash, but it seems SS at least does a good job at getting your numbers up which would sate my autism

iktf user, my squat numbers are really wonky too