New Years Newbie Tips Thread

New Years Newbie Tips Thread

>A black cup of coffee is the best preworkout 'shake' out there.

>full range of motion for all lifts regardless

>Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness doesn't affect the Legs. If you are leg sore just do 2x50 on squat to work out any issues and it will be gone in 15 min.

>barbells will get you injured and are only intended for olympic use, just use dumbells.

>Do 20 reps for each excercise.

>cardio is good for toning, and running eliminates the need for leg training. Just be sure to do pushups and situps as well to spot reduce on other parts of the body

>starting strength is only intended for people who use a ton of steroids, training one body part a week is optimal for the natural lifter

>milk and red meat is very bad for you and eggs are horrible. Only have fruit about once a week as it is full of sugar. Drink plenty of fruit juice.

>if you are not gonna use steroids don't even bother

But this is the truth.
Roids literally make you grow muscle without exercise.
That's why an intermediate natty builder works way harder than even a Mr Olympia contender if they're a gearhead

>That's why an intermediate natty builder works way harder than even a Mr Olympia contender if they're a gearhead

this is what intermediate natties actually believe

>first tip
Not for me at least. I already have trouble with anxiety at the gym so the caffeine just makes it worse.

are you like literally retarded?

So why is it you don't get doms in the legs?

Greetings, fellow 4chamners! Hope you're having a great day! I just wanted to ask you guys, since you seem to know alot about fitness, what the best routine is for toning my abs? I'm currently 5'6 and weigh 209kg, and my New Years resolution is to get a toned beach bod! I'm already eating plenty of fruit salad, any other Veeky Forums tips? Thanks!

If you have bad genetics like myself
>You HAVE to count Calories and macros
>Don't do brosplits
>Combine heavy barbell 5x5s with light 12-15 reps dumbbell lifts
>It will take you 3 years of constant progress to look like you lift
>Once you start lifting you'll be forever small in your head

Preach it nigger.

>So why is it you don't get doms in the legs?

Broscience says that the length of the muscle fibers means the soreness gets worked out faster compared to small length pec muscles or biceps.

That's why 2x25 or 2x50 with something like 25 lbs on each side gets the DOMS out.

Make sure to do lots of crunches to target that stubborn belly fat!

lmao I hope this thread takes off

Jokes aside I never did crunches because I heard they're really bad for your back.

>Once you start lifting you'll be forever small in your head

Dont be autistic and obsess over things you just learned. The most important thing is consistency, you are now in it for the long haul.
Make working out part, eating healthy and sleeping more a daily achievement.
Not deciding whether to do this or that variation, or counting macros like an autist. The most important thing is consistency. Do something everyday, and if it only is resting and eating healthy after a good workout the day before. Everything else is secondary

To add to this, progressive overload is not only increasing weights.

>avoid unhealthy food
>oatmeal
since when are oats unhealthy ? also hard to take it seriously when pretty much everyone agress you need close to 1g of protein per 1lbs of body weight on Veeky Forums

You don't need to do squats and deadlifts, just use the leg press and treadmill.
All the guys with huge legs got their gains like that, and every January they start using the squat racks to trick the new years resolutioners into using barbells so the superior machines get less crowded.

This is all you need to get in shape and lead a better, healthier life.
>create micro-tears by working out
>give your body fuel (food) and time (sleep) to repair itself
>do this consistently
That is all it boils down to. Over the course of this process you will learn a lot, dont stress about it. It will eventually come. Most important is consistency and adhering to some main principles, not the latest retarded meme

Good luck

Yes

>close to 1g of protein per 1lbs of body weight

Woah buddy, maybe if you're on a gram of testosterone or something!
Even the tallest, biggest dudes are only consuming ~70g of protien spread out over 3 meals, any more and the kidneys literally cannot process it and it's converted to fatty acids and stored as body fat.

Don't touch a single machine just do squats, deadlifts, pullups, dips, rows and overheadpress you will get fucking jacked in no time.

Lol, it seems like you fuckers are all just trolling each other and there are no real nyr newbies here

>wanting more people in the gym post NYE

They had an entire year to get motivated. We don't need more people to take space for a few weeks.

Nah. At the end of my hypertrophy blocks I do 7x8 high bar rpe 10, and let me tell you, the DOMS is so severe that squatting properly becomes impossible.

dont come back after the short 1 week you come to the gym

/thread

It's bull shit. When I started squatting I couldn't walk properly for a week because my quads were so sore.

slightly related

>Wrong
>Obvious
>Wrong

>When doing this exercise, make sure to turn your thumbs down and pinky up. It really helps with feeling the burn and the mind muscle connection

>Don't bother to add weight or lift heavy. It's all ego lifting. Use light weights to build up your endurance as a newbie

>Make sure to bench press above the nipple line, really helps with that burn

>If you really want to do deadlifts (god knows why you would), make sure to bounce the weights and go to failure. All the top powerlifters do that since it helps with time under tension

>On the leg press, most of the gains come from the lockout. Be sure to not miss it, or even do it exclusively with high weight if you want

>The smith machine is the safest and most versatile piece of equipment in the gym. Using a free barbell is just show boating. Sort your routine around using exclusively that (squats, deadlifts, bench press, ohp etc.)

>Focus mainly on isolation movements. You can't make that mind-muscle connection with compounds, that you need to learn as a newcomer

Good luck my friends, stay uninjured and hope you get gains!

>When doing this exercise, make sure to turn your thumbs down and pinky up. It really helps with feeling the burn and the mind muscle connection

Why do you do this? It is so uncool giving advice that will end up causing injury. Pinky is not supposed to go up you fucking idiot. Go ahead and troll but please keep it injury free.

>and the kidneys cannot process it and it's converted to fatty acids

Are you high? If your kidneys cant process the proteins you would pee them out, which would mean that something is wrong with your body.

You know this is the site that had a guide to make mustard gas and explode a hot teaspoon? You might want to try this one.

>>>/leddit/

You're supposed to drive with the hips, you shouldn't even be using your quads

stop this

Don't forget to drink lots of juice!

The irony of this is that much of the diet stuff is true.

>>A black cup of coffee is the best preworkout 'shake' out there.

Wrong. ECA Stack faggot

>unless you're planning on becoming a professional bodybuilder or professional powerlifter you shouldn't even bother spending more than 1 day a week in the gym. All girls care about is that you're not fat, and have a face, personality, sense of humor, and interests that they like. Spend more time getting an education so you can have some sort of actual career. By the way you'll lose interest in 'getting swole' as soon as you have a steady girlfriend anyway so again don't get too involved with going to the gym unless you're literally making a career out of it.

>>>A black cup of coffee is the best preworkout 'shake' out there.
>Wrong. ECA Stack faggot
Wrong. Adderall. Or meth. Whichever is cheaper.

Addy/meth/vyvanse/ritalin dehydrate you far too much and you're more likely to fuck up and tear your muscles on them.

I've tried addy and vyvanse as pre-workouts. Shit is wack. ECA is the perfect balance.

>Extra protein is turned into fat
>Drinking 100% fruit juice packed full of sugar
You're retarded

Don't just lift with a program. Do a group lesson once or twice a week. It's fun and you meet people.
Could be spinning class, yoga or whatever your gym has.

nyrs avoid this thread

>fruit is bad for you
>drink fruit juice

idiot

Implying he's not right

Think he was relating his answer to the "...growing muscle without exercise.." part.
You'll still have to exercise with roids.

every single fucking word fits perfectly on me

Jesus fucking Christ you’re borderline malicious.

t. Lardass.

>Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness doesn't affect the Legs. If you are leg sore just do 2x50 on squat to work out any issues and it will be gone in 15 min.
this is fucking retarded

>the only thing he felt was idiotic was the fruit juice/fruit thing
>responding to obvious bait

Kek this
If any natty lifter thinks they outwork IFBB pros they're out of their mind. Roids allow quicker recovery time and thus allow you to workout more often and harder. The people that actually look good on roids are the ones that have their diet in check and train hard/often.

Dyel. PWO is a better performance enhancer than coffee.

Or just have really fucking good responses to gear like Levrone. Dude barely trained in season and sat on his arse most of the year but he was still in better shape than most competing BBers.

are you trolling?

>>Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness doesn't affect the Legs. If you are leg sore just do 2x50 on squat to work out any issues and it will be gone in 15 min.

Is this true or just broscience

If you don't realize that this guy is giving awful advice as a joke you're a brainlet

Broscience that's kind of blundered into some truth. Light activity is good for reducing soreness (a fairly common recovery protocol is something like 100 total reps at ~30% of your max, taking it easy rather than trying to blast them out or flex super hard) but it's not some magical cure all and legs aren't any different from other bodyparts in that respect.

Focus on the down (negative) motion of your workouts. There have been plenty of studies that have gone back and forth if the positive up motion of exercises, or the negative motion is more important.

I'd go with the negative motion because I've been told that by guys who definitely know what the fuck their doing.

Makes sense to me since the tension is really important for tearing muscles.

>inb4 "Durr you should just focus on both of them hur hur"

No shit, but if you wanna exhaust yourself faster and get less of decent workout you can burn yourself out for all I care.

not sure if people are too dumb to understand this thread or if im getting baited