Owg

>daydream about trying out weightlifting for nearly 5 years
>finally get myself to do it
>fuck around doing the clean and jerk drills from californiastrength youtube for an hour today
>mfw most fun gym session I had in years

wtf is wrong with me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DlOpd1Dt5Vs
youtu.be/v9zyi-8SKTw
youtube.com/watch?v=AjfXHe7ZCDw&t=
youtube.com/watch?v=2qIVRgE5yRE
youtube.com/watch?v=Thz_I1Bg5n8
youtube.com/watch?v=C9jN-NgwkXo
youtube.com/watch?v=XF5LLh7kmfk
pastebin.com/1HgVcGam
youtube.com/watch?v=ar9tG0vPPTo&t=
instagram.com/p/BdBSyHMhXRR/
instagram.com/p/Bc0ZBsPhHvX/
hooktube.com/watch?v=EO8KGrSrA2I
youtu.be/v3rlyfMISMQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=DlOpd1Dt5Vs

my clean from today ;(

>tfw the WL club closest to me only wants peeps 10 years younger than I am

how2cope

weightlifting is not popular enough for any club to turn away paying customers

no one likes wl?

I do, I'm just unsure of what to post. Unfortunately I still have mobility work to do so I've been unable to attempt the lifts so I typically train with squats and OHP, with snatch grip deads here and there.

Well, since I am posting, what are people's thoughts on Hatch Squat program? What are some good squat programs I should run? I've ran Candito 6 week, Madcow, Cowboy Method and plan on doing Russian, Hatch and Super Squats in 2018.

Also for OHP, any good programs for that? Seems it's ignored by everyone. I know push press and jerks are the staple of WL, but where can OHP fit in? I'd assume as rep work after strength stuff?

And out of curiosity, is it worth doing clean and snatch pulls now, prior to actually starting the lifts or should I practice technique prior to even doing anything resembling assistance work?

youtu.be/v9zyi-8SKTw

My snatch from yesterday, wearing wraps because my thumbs are torn from hook grip

It is worth training clean and snatch pulls before you start, you'll already have the feel for the movement and be used to triple extension.
OHP, nailing the Overhead press.
Hatch squat is good just be prepared for volume.

Volume is actually what I'm looking for, but is it more like CWS volume or more grinders?

I had to stop full cleans and snatches due to knee tendinitis. My quads are so short they’re aggravated in a deep squat position.

Working on fixing the correct way but man, wish I could progress.

looks okay
kinda too light to really see if anything's actually going wrong
don't do slo-mo

>most fun gym session I had in years
That happens when dreams come true

yeah I like to train people in olympic lifting
i'm a personal trainer

even when i was young, the power training of clean variations was the most good feeling workouts of my life probably rivaling with a momentary maximal deadlif

calistrength is really good. get his book as well. it's not expensive.

do u guys think shes on roids

straps for snatch is how you kill yourself you idiot

wrap up your thumb instead

It isnt if you use weightlifting straps, cunt

>Can't go full depth squat without heels flying sky high

Is this just shitty proportions or mobility issue? Done probably every mobility exercise out there for a few months and still can't keep my feet fully planted through the whole motion. (though it got better than it used to).

Probably the latter. I mean, its possible that you're one of the outliers who structurally can't squat to full depth but i wouldn't bet on it.

t. plg to owg wannabe

194cm 111kg ex-powermemer that switched to oly lifting 6 weeks ago.
Snatch went from 70 to 110kg.
Clean and Jerk from 90 to 130kg.
Feels good maymay.

>can do properly deep squat with bar front or back
>can't even break parallel in overhead
halp

I've narrowed down the causes to excessively forward-leaning torso and lacking shoulder mobility.
How do I achieve a more vertical torso in the overhead squat, and how do I improve shoulder mobility?
I figure the latter can be helped with shoulder dislocations and simply practicing the movement, but what about torso angle?

thoracic spine mobility and shoulder mobility issues. I'm in the same boat as you; front squats and backsquats are fine, but I can't maintain proper extension with snatch grip overhead squats.

>straps for snatch is how you kill yourself you idiot
>wrap up your thumb instead

It's just some regular ass du squat program, it's probably great for advanced lifters, as for should you ohp first or last, you should do whatever is your main focus first
Are you going to be learning by yourself or with a coach?

If I have two Sessions a day, squat/bb and weightlifting, which one should I do in the morning and which one in the evening?

She can be on my roids, if you know what I mean.

start with the snatch, its more complex than the clean & jerk, I started about a month ago and still feel like my clean & jerks are garbage.
Also film yourself, if you got no one to coach you.

you guys are looking in the wrong place
you have hip and ankle mobility issues
do weighted stretches
sit in the hole with the a barbell on your shoulders
upper back flexed, tight
ankle stretches with a kettlebell or the barbell
you might also be coming forward because you're relaxing your core and back on the way down
don't do that
you don't need crazy shoulder mobility to ohs
you do need to be able to internally rotate and shrug your shoulders up

youtube.com/watch?v=AjfXHe7ZCDw&t=

youtube.com/watch?v=2qIVRgE5yRE

youtube.com/watch?v=Thz_I1Bg5n8

Those videos helped me a lot

Any mobility drills, videos, etc. for Oly prepping?

What happened to the /OWG/ threads andyways ?

I remember back in 2013 there were actually people who were interested in weightlifting.

youtube.com/watch?v=C9jN-NgwkXo

turn on subtitles

youtube.com/watch?v=XF5LLh7kmfk

you could use bands aswell for your shoulders, thats what I like.
Just make sure to not lift when not properly warmed up, thats how you get injured.

FAQ regarding weightlifting:

pastebin.com/1HgVcGam

Mobility most likely.

Start light, proper dynamic warm up , make sure you have great form and stretch after you exercise.

Repeat.

Thoughts on the fat strong man doing weightlifting ?

Could I get a form check ?

post your video

meanwhile let's admire this goddess:
youtube.com/watch?v=ar9tG0vPPTo&t=

I want to get into it as soon as possible. I recently switched to high bar atg and found that I have massive buttwink, which really pisses me off. Going to do as much mobility work as I can, but I'm anxious about the possibility that I just don't have the morphology for it.

No bully plz

Push press
instagram.com/p/BdBSyHMhXRR/

Power clean
instagram.com/p/Bc0ZBsPhHvX/

Elbows UP!

push press is fine, you cant really fuck that up

your power clean looks like shit, in last portion your elbows need to pop the fuck up,
don't go heavy unless you got the form down otherwise you learn the wrong form and
have to re-learn everything. Start slow and with the barbell alone.

Only elbows are the problem?

Only*?

Well what else is wrong brah? Any tips ? Any vids I can watch? Been following rips tips, also like pulling with high hips.

on second look:
Your jump is too wide, its not efficent.

By myself and hopefully a coach. I would ideally like to learn as much as I can prior to having a coach and then have that coach assess and refine my technique. Plus I live in NYC, so coaches aren't exactly cheap.

Do you guys do BTN Press?

Really need faster elbows in that third pull. Your elbows are pointing at the ground when you catch that one. First and second look fine.

>Power clean
>instagram.com/p/Bc0ZBsPhHvX/
Pull is pretty good and you're using your hips, which is good, but you're very rigid with your catch. Your elbows and catch position should be closer to a front squat.

Probably. She looks "bulker" now that she did earlier in the year.

Holy fuck it worked.

Ignore my shit tier quality. My phone can make gifs lmao.

There's nothing wrong with having a go lad, film your first attempts so you can look back and av a giggle m8
Try to find some examples of good lifting by people who have similar bodies to you and try to understand why your lifts look different to theirs

Also fuck btn press

hooktube.com/watch?v=EO8KGrSrA2I

lmao
nice though

happy new year bbs

Hoping to hit 110/135 at some point this year, wbu

ayyyy i'm shooting for the same numbers
working maxes are 95/120 right now
will probably be a couple training cycles...

If your knees somehow keep themselves from exploding you should hit that no problem.

PlZ be kg

How do you homos feel about using rpe with owl? Base your rpe on technique over feel tho.

Now I'm going to power clean tomorrow. Thanks guys

Y

Trying for 105/125

Youre retarded cunt, theyre WL straps

hehe knees have been fine, but my si joint blew up March 2016 and hasn't really recovered yet. Best it's been since the injury though.

Don’t yoy dare 404 we need owg back and bwg in the grave

Owg for life

2018 owg will be back and hard I promise e

Finally getting back into oly after building a strength base. Trained PL for a while and that was an absolute clusterfuck, entire meme sport is about artificially limiting the ROM on movements and it just didn't sit right with me. I hope OWG really comes back strong this year.

I kinda don’t got a life rn so I’ll be making threads when there isint one, bwg is obnoxious so I’ll be here supporting a real “sport”.

Can we take the opportunity to start calling it /owl/ instead of /owg/? cuter that way

No

Yes

Maybe so

Hey guys, question here

When I snatch, my right arm keeps pressing the weight and sometimes doesn't get into a full lock out. Left arm is fine.

Are there any drills or exercises that can help snatch lock out?

Talk about your interest in anime. I have always found that to be the best way to lock yourself out of a snatch.

She changed weight classes(I mean she just hit 19, so it is not surprising she moved up). That is why she is bigger. But she is probably on roids, all lifters are (all olympians who make finals are on them, the difference is in natural talent and work, and maybe a little bit the quality of the drugs). The woman who won the last world championship C&Js 20kg more and snatches more at the same bodyweight and Koha has pretty much perfect technique. Says you all about what is needed to win.

I'm gonna be captain obvious here but you pull the weight very high and you catch it very high too. There is more in your lift.

How would we know? Is your technique good? Are your muscles balanced?

What do you faggots think about him?
Imo he looks natty, but his form is crazy good and he has good body proportions for weightlifting.

youtu.be/v3rlyfMISMQ

He does look natty, form is great and strong dude BUT i would always doubt any top level athlete claiming natty.

Pls respond

hip mobility and oly shoes are your friend, think about pushing out and sitting in between your legs rather than pushing your knees forward
t. 6'3" with long femurs

So in a power clean, are you supposed to jump as hard as you can, bros?

lamooo

do u know what people on steroids look like?

Lighter sessions in the morning heavy sessions in the evening.
>BB in the morning
>weightlifting in the evening
Its not efficient but if you like it and you keep it up go for it

So when should I do the squats?

Yes I know but do you know that not everybody responds well to steroids, some people take only 500mg of test
and look crazy where others combine 1,5g of trest and 750mg of tren and still look dyel.
Just take a look at /fraud/ there are some(a lot) guys that look like garbage and only train for bodybuilding purposes.

people that look bad on steroids do not train
period, simple.

if someone is roiding and eating junk food, they will look great, if they roid and eat normal food, they will look amazing

everyone u see that is little on roids is not in the gym every day
obviously that guy is

if you want, u can look up 'crusader' in archives, that was tren blast

Depends if you go heavy or not.

Heavy, but if I do it after sn/cnj I dont think ill be able to go as heavy

Just go as heavy as you can on squats with good form even when exhausted. Or cycle the exercises, like change c&j for squats one day and switch back the other day.

>go as heavy as you can on squats with good form even when exhausted.
what the fuck...

He said he wants to go heavy on squats.
I didn't say load up 85%-90% of your 1 RM, the "heavy" at that point wouldn't even be anywhere near that.

It's obviously micrograms, this tripfag is well known for being weak af you insufferable newfag

Why are you even here?

>there is only one way to roid
Spoilers: there are roids for strength too not just size
>Everyone blasts like crazy year round
Spoilers: no, they cycle and do not take anywhere near the dosages those bodybuilders (losers) do.

Another retarded trip

That's still fucking retarded.

Well he wants to train for bodybuilding and weightlifting at the same day.
Give him your take on the topic.