Are ab excersizes a meme or do they work

Im questioning whether visibility of abs is based on bf% or if it's working your core pls answer

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G9rm-APNHIw
youtube.com/watch?v=pNqrkGnkUWc
youtube.com/watch?v=sGOMAHOJxXM
youtube.com/watch?v=66YixKIC3xE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nothing makes my abs sore like this bad boy + 1pl8

Also these seem good

V-Ups, Flutter kicks, sit ups. done

if you use weight they are not a meme

Its not or, both of those are important. Its just very hard to discern the seperation of the abs with higher bodyfat. Even if you cant see clear distinction between tricep and the bicep, you can still say a guy has clear biceps. But people dont give a shit about "size" of abs, hence the distinction. I would also like to say theres more to your core then your fucking rectus abdominus

All you need for visible abs is low bf.
However, strenghtening your core is important for all lifts.

They work. And it's both. The "abs are made in the kitchen" meme is only half true. Honestly, unless you have the right genetics your abs won't be very visible even at low bf%. You gotta remember abs are more about stability than doing any sort of weighted crunches. Weighted planks, regular planks, leg raises all directly work the core. And yeah they will help you build your abs. After building your abs then yes having low bf will get you the results you desire. Also Heavy Squats and Deads require a strong core so it would be in your best interest to keep doing ab work.

planks dont do shit for the what you call the abs mate. the traversus abdominus contributes nothing to ab definition.

its a combination of both working your core and bf%.

ab rolling if you know the correct form is GOAT
If you feel pressure on your lower back, then you're rolling too far down. Also your back shouldn't be flat like in a deadlift, you should catback it(this activates your abs before rolling, think of it like a mini crunch)

I do these bodyline drills once a week.

youtube.com/watch?v=G9rm-APNHIw

Other than that hanging/support leg raises.

I heard planks don't get you abs

hanging leg raises
i can already see my adonis belt getting more defined just a week after

OP here ty kings I have actually learned something today

Fuck off twink.

OP it's mostly bf%, but heavy ass pullovers never hurt anyone

You absolutely need to do ab workouts, you probably have a really weak core and do not even realize it. Some good suggestions in this thread - I also like doing one of these "8 min abs" vids before or after a workout.

youtube.com/watch?v=pNqrkGnkUWc

youtube.com/watch?v=sGOMAHOJxXM

I like how dolph COLONIZED that black bitch ,but when it was time to produce offspring he wed a superior aryan woman to carry on his Übermensch genes

lolstfu meathead

depends on your genetics. Some people just have naturally popping abs while others need to train them more.

Very true that they aren't noticeable unless you're a low-enough bf%

all in the training

why is this even a question?
if you want something, you have to work at it
this applies to everything in life

>if you want something, you have to work at it
Or be lucky

I finally did the ab wheel right the other day after watching a bunch of videos. Hunching my shoulders at the beginning made a huge difference, I'm able to isolate my abs without feeling like my lower back is breaking.
Am sore, ab wheel ftw

planks works the rectus abdomis pretty good if you do them with a long lever arm

Grace Jones, rude

It is possible but not doing your core work is fucking stupid. Doing ab exercises will get you visible abs much faster and at a higher bodyfat percentage than not doing any ab exercises. It is true some people don’t have to, but even if they did their core would look better.

started into landmine 180s 5x12. I can already see obliques coming in sharper, even somewhere between 15 and 18%bf. only been at it for about a month with these, feels pretty good doing 'em too.

I recently hurt myself on this thing and I don't know how. I've got a decent core (63 real sit ups per minute) and did 60 slow situps no weight as a warmup. My abs are still weak even a week later.

Yeah same here, that's about all I do and core is tight.

nah bro need roid gut

youtube.com/watch?v=66YixKIC3xE

arab excercises are good for you

Visibility of abs isn't even the most important reason to train abs. You use your core in every fucking exercise that you do. And if you want to do all of your exercises with good form, you need to strengthen your core.

basically this. also, bitches love abs.

Search planks in google images. You'll see 99% bad form planks. You probably have no idea what they are doing wrong. And probably 95% of Veeky Forums doesn't know how to do a proper plank. You can get god tier abs with only the basic plank and side plank.

and here is what i mean by bad form planks.

people think of straight line from shoulder to toes which makes them arch their lumbar spine (green)
the real plank is done with a straight lumbar (and to straighten your fucking lumbar spine guess which muscle group needs to contract - yeah the fucking ABS). So the majority of people are doing planks with half relaxed abs.

Wait, the green is bad and the red is good? Why did you do it that way?

>side plank.
what would be the correct form for this sir

bad form has a red shirt on and it's hard to see.

People usually do side planks correct. The only common mistake is having slightly closed hips, which is caused by looking at your feet when doing the exercise. People who look ahead usually have open hips and good form. The other mistake is to sink in your shoulders. The proper way would be to push your torso up as much as possible with the shoulders.