Order of lifts

Is there a correct order when it comes to squats, deadlifts, bench and press?

Other urls found in this thread:

symmetricstrength.com/standards#/200/lb/male/-
twitter.com/AnonBabble

3 plate squat is easiest followed by 1 plate OHP, I can only bench 175lbs but can OHP 135

The dude that made Strong Lifts has a video tutorial on that.
Start with squats, can't remember why.

Be more specific, OP.

>tfw 2.5 plate squat first time squatting heavy

Is this a meme? 2 plate bench is so easy I did it when I was 18 after 3 months and weighed 150 lbs

1 plate OHP a little longer

4 plate deadlift took 1 year of training DL

Hitting 3 plate squat with quality depth seems like an impossible achievement unless you are a manlet and weigh 250 lbs

Some schools of thought say that heavier exercises should be done first, similarly others that the most important exercises first and yet others will claim that you should do the opposite, and even then other that exercises shouldn't take priorities over others. It depends on your goals/priorities, conditioning and lifting style/philosophy, do what works for you, if you don't know what to do try to follow pre established ways of thinking.

OHP was difficult, had to make it priority for a number of weeks, trying different forms etc.

I hear that about squat depth for 3 plate. I dont wanna half-rep it.

3 plate seems pointless

I think correct order in a workout is the standard squat, push, pull. Squats warm you up more than the other lifts. And deadlifts exhaust you too much to squat heavy afterward. Light squats if you do a split but that's it.

Which is hardest? 4pl8 diddly by far, at least for me. Probably because I brolifted in high school and got a big upper body.

My leglet PRs: 210/355/405/415.

The squat and diddly were beltless though. I just bought a belt and will be squatting and diddlying more frequently because I won't have universe-ending back soreness, so we'll see what happens to those PRs.

From easiest to hardest
Squats>bench>deadlift>>>>OHP
One plate OHP is actually impressive. The others are pretty common

Fat fuck spotted

I hit 135 ohp first (2rm) and i'm not even close to the others, 1rms are roughly 175/240/290

I don't understand 1/2/3/4. IMHO the press equivalent of a 4pl8 diddly is probably 185.
>my 5RM

1/2/3/4 is for 1RMs, right?

Your genetics are different than most people

>going to hit 1pl8 ohp first
>around same time as 2pl8 squat

>b8
I'm 6 foot 1 and can as to the grass squat 335 lbs so your logic here is a little flawed

my stats:
104kg squat x5
90kg bench press x5
60kg (1 plate) OHP x5
3 plate deadlift

My order for 1RM was bench, ohp, dead, squat

In a routine?

Squats/DL first, then bench, then OHP.

Avoid squatting and deadlifting on the same day, those two exercises are very demanding. If you must, be aware that you will not be able to hit your max performance on whichever you do after if you do your best on whichever you do first.

>tfw bench 200
>OHP stalled at 95
;_;

Sorry phoneposting. What I meant was nice bait lol. I squat ass to grass, or as close to it as you can get low bar. I "bottom out" and ounce out of the hole, well below parallel. Anyway did 5x315 yesterday on a light day and I'm 6'2" 213.

>tfw struggle to 1pl8 bench for reps
>OHP is 115 1RM
Why is OHP so much easier REEEEEEEEEE no one asks "How much do you OHP bro?" so why is that the one I'm not shit at?

For me, I got 4pl8 dl first, 1pl8 OP second, and 2pl8 bench third.

I have yet to get 3pl8 squat or 1 gf.

>2 plate bench is so easy I did it when I was 18 after 3 months and weighed 150 lbs
ok but check this 7

I just got back into squats yesterday after two years being scared to reinjure my back. How can I keep my hamstrings from cramping after set 1?

So hip thrusts first so your glutes are activated and ready to fire during squats and deads. Don’t do squats and drags on the same day. Arms are optional, but should be done after the main lifts because they’re not really important anyway.

Reached 5pl8 diddylift before benching even 2pl8. Genetics are weird.

I'm also squatting above 4pl8 but get like 3 reps on 1pl8 OHP.

people who "get OHP first" are calling their push press OHP, it's pretty evident when everything else is far below 2/3/4
for example, claims a fucking abysmal 175 bench compared to an intermediate 135 OHP. Now, when looking at strength standards a 135 push press is pretty proportional to a 175 bench - problem solved

you're just weak as shit and think 135lbs OHP is intermediate.

t. someone that can't even bench 2pl8
1/2/3/4 is fairly proportionate, at most it's 145 lbs press to 225 bench for someone that trains both, but regular PL trainee will be even lower on bench
and I'm the strongest presser in my gym, your pathetic 175 bench just screams push pressing and the ratios make sense that way

Nope, 1pl8 ohp is easy as fuck and I don't even lift. Normal people aren't as weak as you

symmetricstrength.com/standards#/200/lb/male/-
>200 lbs male
>intermediate: 140 lbs OHP 215 lbs bench

>1pl8 ohp is easy as fuck and I don't even lift.
sure you do kid

see
135 lbs is absolutely NOT proportional to a 175 bench, that's an absolutely shitty bench compared to an okay press (1/2/3/4 are "okay" numbers)

>1/2/3/4 is for 1RMs, right?
Depends on which Autistic person you're asking, but I've always read them to be 1RMs. 5RM is soon to follow anyway, so it's really a dumb fucking thing to care about either way.

Im about to hit 2pl8 bench and it will be my first out of 1/2/3/4.

My deadlift is not even at 3pl8 yet lol

Keep dislocating my knees

regular PL trainee will be even lower on press*
is what I meant to write. People who focus on bench as main move usually get a 0.5x ratio, so ~110 lbs press vs. 2pl8 bench. This is from anecdotal observations at the gym, but the symmetricstrength standards are more accurate for people who have the same emphasis on both

>people claiming ohp is hardest

It's the easiest for me and most fun.

2/3/4/5 or 200/300/400/500 for presslets is what you need to be doing in that range to consider yourself 'strong.' 1/2/3/4 is basically a 'congrats on not being a total weakling anymore' milestone and not even baseline for strength.

My vote is 2 plate bench being the hardest, assuming you didn't spend your first year only doing upper body

>congrats on not being a total weakling anymore
which is what "okay" means you retardo.
also, 2/3/4/5 is also retarded, it should be 2/3.5/5/6. 200/300 is fairly proprtional though

>Start with squats, can't remember why.

So you don’t skip them.

Bench is so easy lol youre literally lying down the whole time. How the fuck is your OHP so high

Me too. 6'2" 180 lbs 1 year of lifting... But alcoholic

>easiest to hardest
>dl>sq>bp>ohp

Easiest to hardest:
3 plate squat
4 plate deadlift
1 plate overhead press
2 plate bench
1 gf

I can do all of them for reps except the bench which i can't even do for one

Then you know what to do, user.

4plate deadlift took me forever.
Hit 2pl8, then 1pl8, then 3 then 4

1/2/3/4 is such an autistic shit.

This.

the blatant e-statting Veeky Forums does in all of these is always amusing

It goes squat, ..., squat

It's literally all genetics

I reached a 405 deadlift first with a short ass torso, then I reached a 135 OHP because my shoulders (and to a lesser extent chest) are genetically my best areas, then 225 bench, and 315 squat I never reached because it just isn't worth the effort for my goals

without trying I got 1gf
but none of the other achievements.

so the gf is definitely the easiest.

Behold! The body of a 1.5/3/4/5 lifting beast!

bwuh? I did 1 pl8 ohp from day 1 and thought thats normal