If I squat before stretching, I get knee pain

If I squat before stretching, I get knee pain.
It I squat after stretching and stretch in between squatting, I get zero knee pain.
What's going on? Are my muscles around the knee pulling on the stuff in my knee?

dumb frobposter

placebo effect. the only thing stretching does is boost flexibility

wait
squatting isn't suppose to hurt the knees?

>feeling no pain is placebo

My knees got bad from drop jumps, not squatting.

since theres no evidence that confers with what op is experiencing we are only left to assume that its all in his head

It's not in my head retard.

so youre a science denier then. you do realize that the brain is capable of reducing perceived pain stimuli from placebo, right?

Sure, but this is not placebo. And there's nothing to suggest it is.

And how exactly are you so sure that it isn't placebo? And theres nothing to suggest that it is? there's plenty to suggest that it is. There is ZERO (0) scientific evidence that suggests stretching reduces pain in training. Now please tell me again how you know FOR CERTAIN that this isn't placebo, WHEN THE FUCKING DEFINITION OF PLACEBO EFFECT MEANS THE SUBJECT DOESNT KNOW THAT IT'S A PLACEBO. And you're calling ME a retard? The delusion

your "pain" disappearance may be totally placebo effect, it may be from loading changes, it may be technique corrections, it may be from sufficient warmups. Whatever it may be, it is 100% NOT from stretching.

Okay
>loading is controlled
>done multiple times per day
>done multiple times throughout the week.
It's not placebo, autist.
Now explain why I would magically believe my knee pain would go away after stretching.

if you like stretching, go to yoga classes and leave weight lifting to real men

>Whatever it may be, it is 100% NOT from stretching.
It could be. If he hasn't stretched for a ridiculous amount of time and the muscles around the patellar, above it, and below it have grown very tight, that could cause patellar pain. Loosening the muscles would alleviate the problem. This is not unheard of.

>something that every athlete ever has done actually works
Wow, this is riveting stuff.

Again, you don't understand how placebo and nocebo work. You, the subject whose placebo is in question, are in no position to make the call that it is or isn't a placebo, since the presence of a placebo means YOU ARE UNAWARE THAT IT IS PLACEBO.
surely you see the fucky logic in that

I can't explain why your "pain" goes away other than to suggest that it is likely placebo/ nocebo, since the scientific evidence overwhelmingly disagrees with you. That is the only suggestion I can make since I am not a medical professional, and neither are you. Either you consult your doctor, stop stretching and see the pain go away anyway because the stretching didn't do shit to begin with, or keep denying science and not understanding logic. Fine with me any way

>I have no reason to believe it's placebo
>But it's placebo
Fuck off to reddit.

OH MY GOD YOU ABSOLUTE FUCKING BRAINLET. THE REASON TO BELIEVE THAT IT'S PLACEBO IS THAT THERE IS NO GODDAMN EVIDENCE SUPPORTING YOUR CLAIM THAT STRETCHING ALLEVIATES PAIN AND THEREFORE SINCE THERE IS NO SCIENTIFIC EXPLANATION FOR YOUR DUMBFUCK CLAIMS, THE PLACEBO AFFECT IS SOMETHING THAT CAN BE ASSUMED.
YOU ARE LITERALLY DUMBER THAN A MENTALLY RETARDED BAG OF ROCKS. HOW FUCKING HARD IS THIS FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND

This retard learned about placebo in his local community college over winter break.

Now he’s sperging out over his cool new concept

>implying you don't need exceptionally good flexibility for extreme and dangerous exercises like freebar squats
hurrdurr

>getting this mad
A sure sign of having no leg to stand on with your 'argument'.
The next degenerative step for this user is personally insulting and personally attacking other anons who disagree with him.
This is how you know someone has completely lost an argument but fails to acknowledge defeat.

Post your bodies. I dare you.

>thinly-veiled Internet Tough Guy post
LOL

>not posting body
LOL

Post yours.

t. shitty flexibilty
t. can't even do stretches
t. is so insecure won't do stretches
t. has entered a state of denial

I asked first, chicken. Scared?

>I'm totally manlier than Dmitry Klokov
kek

How is posting my body relevant to my op?

>I can beat you up THEREFORE I AM RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG!
unga bunga bunga

i want to do both but im too much of an inflexible sweaty bear to go to yoga class i'd feel insecure

You're pathetic. That's how it's relevant. Post body.
Same goes for you, wojakposter.

You don't need a yoga class. If you lift all you need is 10-15 minutes a day stretching. Hell, you can do it every other day and get the benefits. Just be sure you're not stretching cold muscles, and stretching before lifting isn't usually necessary either, just be sure you're thoroughly warmed up before any heavy loads.

>You're pathetic. That's how it's relevant. Post body.
So it's not relevant? Thought as much.

you forgot:
t. knows stretching doesn't practically have any effect

Rippetoe said it himself. The way to increase your range of motion is mobility exercises or something like that. Stretching only stretches your muscle fibers but soon after they return to their original length. It saved me time, energy and suffering.

what a nu-male response

you are literally everything this board is against, so why shitpost here?

>being this mad
>t. The Defeated
Keep posting. You're just proving more and more that you have NO EVIDENCE to back up your 'opinion' on stretching. Meanwhile there is a MOUNTAIN of evidence for stretching. You're like a smoker defending your addiction, even in the face of decades of data proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that it'll kill you.

but a yoga class will delude me into thinking i might meet a girl there

>believing a single-source
>making that single-source Rippletits
t. cherrypicking your data to suit your narrative

I ain't seeing any sources cited, and I sure as hell ain't seeing any bodies posted either.

Posted a body pic today, in cbt.
6'5 111kg oly lifter.
But that's irrelevant and a non-argument.

Sounds a lot like you.

knee pain just means the tissue, muscle and everything else in and around your knee is shit. You want to break all that shit down with with squatting and build it back up. You don't need to stretch start bodyweight squats or with the bar.

You're very upset.
Are you on your period?

Why should be bother when you're the one screaming and yelling like a severe autist having a hissy-fit over this, claiming something outrageous and totally wrong, then demanding people post pictures of themselves (do you fap to these or something?) but not bothering to post one of yourself? There are entire printed BOOKS on just stretching techniques, that into 2nd/3rd/4th and so on editions, yet you, some autist on a Mongolian horse-breeders forum are right and the rest of the world is wrong? What are you smoking, must be some pretty good shit.

Fine, here's my latest progress pic. Do better. And stop being so blatantly wrong sometime.
>falls back to ad hominem
Hypocrite.

>posts pic of total DYEL
>no timestamp
LOL if you were going to use a pic of someone else you could have at least picked someone who looks like they lift

>>falls back to ad hominem
>Hypocrite.
It's not an hominem since you didn't make an argument. Also, I'm bigger and stronger than you. So why exactly are you getting so uppity about posting pics?

You legit look pretty good, user

>samefagging himself

Not gonna take a timestamp for some wrong-ass user.
Ain't seeing any body pics from either of you, so LOL, DYEL?

>Ain't seeing any body pics from either of you, so LOL, DYEL?
I told you I have a back pic up on cbt, posted today. 195cm 111kg oly lifter. Can't be arsed reposting it.

Not me.

"Can't be arsed." That's almost as full of shit as your "argument." DYEL? LOL

>That's almost as full of shit as your "argument." DYEL? LOL
You can go look at the thread since it's still up.

>Not gonna take a timestamp for some wrong-ass user.
Do you all see? This user doesn't even have enough strength of his convictions to bother with a timestamp for his DYEL alleged pic. How can anything he says have any credibility if he won't go to any effort to defend himself? Furthermore if we are to beleve that pic is even him, he's so DYEL as to *negate* his entire argument. If that truly is him, he won't even take off his shirt or show us his thighs! One must conclude that he's so AVERAGE looking under all that, that he's *embarassed* -- assuming you accept that's even a real pic. I find the idea that it's someone else, and this user doesn't lift *at all*, to be much more compelling.

You can post "your" pic since you're still lying.

All of this applies more to

What am I lying about?
I'm not posting the same pic in multiple threads.

It ain't your body, DYEL. Your excuses are very transparent.

you sound really beta, dodgy and pissy for a 6'5" oly lifter

>It ain't your body
It is.
Anyway, I'm not biting into anymore bait.

Run along now, DYEL. Go be wrong in arguments elsewhere.

>not doing warmup sets with lightweight baybee

You're a real alpha no doubt, acting aggressive on a Taiwanese cartoon forum.

You're a real alpha no doubt, being wrong and samefagging on a Taiwanese cartoon forum.