/fast/ #71 Anorexia is bad edition

Bidwell
Bidwell

What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0

WHY SHOULD I FAST?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
Weight loss
Better skin
Autophagy

WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
Mix 2,000mg of lite salt & pink salt into a liter of water and drink that throughout the day. This is like Gatorade without the sugar, it'll keep you hydrated.
youtube.com/watch?v=8Ox9WXFcNIY

WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

WHAT IS DRY FASTING? WONT I DEHYDRATE MYSELF?
No food or water consumption. Try this after your first water fast if you want. It's the fastest way to ketosis and autophagy.The longest record is 18 days. (Don't fucking dry fast for 18 days. 3-5 max)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreas_Mihavecz

More dry fasting info
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/
youtube.com/watch?v=81a10sZ4duU&t

Other urls found in this thread:

idmprogram.com/fasting-and-muscle-mass-fasting-part-14/)
brouwland.com/en/our-products/brewing/brewing-adjuncts/mineral-salts/d/potassium-chlorid-100-g
metro.co.uk/2015/01/28/chef-lost-21-stone-after-friend-text-him-fat-f-every-day-for-six-weeks-5040205/
abc.net.au/science/articles/2012/07/24/3549931.htm
youtu.be/-fkv1Dkh-Ls
youtube.com/watch?v=ep3LNSryj0E

eGremlin
eGremlin

71 threads and not a single produced result from an actual lifter instead of fatties and lanklets. Fasting is a joke.

TreeEater
TreeEater

What results are you expecting from weight loss other than weight loss?

Supergrass
Supergrass

an actual muscled person keeping his gains after fasting, but we all know that never happens.

King_Martha
King_Martha

What is the safest way to develop an eating disorder?

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

You don't lose all of your gains if you're working out between fasts.

StonedTime
StonedTime

can someone explain to me whether fasting is a meme or not
i keep seeing mostly fucking obviously retarded posts amongst a few serious sounding posts

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

So I'm down 10lbs in about 10 days. Very nice progress. I'm actually speeding up since I got sick at the end and it ruined my appetite, now I'm not sick but still don't have an appetite and have been able to only eat when my stomach is preventing me from falling asleep.

haha IM an ACTUAL LIFTER and YOU are just FATTIES and LANKLETS god forbid somebody burst my BUBBLE and tell me that the board is called Veeky Forums - FITNESS and not /pfaw/ - PRETENTIOUS FAGGOT ATTENTION WHORING!

Also it's funny because you probably don't even lift as much as me. My 1rm squat is 405, 1rm dead is 450. What's yours bud?

Emberburn
Emberburn

Today is the last day of my fast. I lost 45 pounds, started at 350.6 and now I'm 305.2. My goal is to get to 200. In January I will be doing OMAD at the beginning. Then, OMAW for lent. Any advice on want I should do? All of December I hardly did any exercise, so I want to do cardio. Can anyone recommend me a routine?

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

10 days wow that's great, I've only done half that. I get the sickness you're talking about, you just nee to recover which for me it's probably going to take 2 days, don't know what the frame would be for a full 10 day fast.

w8t4u
w8t4u

If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
What counts as lean? 15% BF?

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

Lost 5 ponds in 4 dayus. Good shit.

Emberburn
Emberburn

Fastlet detected

Supergrass
Supergrass

Retarded question here:
What sort of losses can I expect on a day-to-day basis on a fast? .5lb? 1lb?

King_Martha
King_Martha

first few days won't be anything, next water weight so 2-3lb, then 1lb a day depending on your TDEE and daily activity

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

What answer are you looking for, specifically?

Fasting is one of the oldest spiritual practices on record, and has a host of clinically established benefits that make it worth considering as part of a health and fitness protocol.

It has pseudoscience-spouting acolytes just like every single other thing in the health/fitness/weight-loss world. But that doesn't invalidate the core premise.

5mileys
5mileys

I'm looking for whether it's a viable option for weight loss when attempting to build more muscle on the body for looks purposes, i see the information lines in the op saying it is but then i hear "7 day dry fast" and shit like that.
I know body builders sometimes cut water for a day before shows to look better, but i've never heard of anyone cutting food.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

Extended fasting is considered muscle sparing (source with clinical references: idmprogram.com/fasting-and-muscle-mass-fasting-part-14/)

Intermittent fasting (eight hour window) is popular for people who want some fasting benefits while still lifting every day.

Dry fasting seems like a meme. I fast with tons of water.

massdebater
massdebater

thank you for being so helpful.
really appreciate it

RavySnake
RavySnake

for everyone who doesn't have the testicular fortitude to fast hard and long, OMAD produces the following results

195lb to 160lb (35lbs in 75 days, not hard)

TechHater
TechHater

keep an eye on your blood pressure lads, fasting lowers mine a lot and you don't want to pass out and hit your head. it can happen.

Bidwell
Bidwell

Doing intermittent fasting, now, should I keto or not Keto, will there but much difference or will it be negligible?

Don't really care about body weight, just wanna go from 14% bodyfat to 7%.

Methshot
Methshot

Post result pics then faggot. Not a single cunt on this thread has even proven to keep muscle, only a smaller version of themselves.

SniperWish
SniperWish

Also should mention, working out everyday which is putting my caloric maintenance to roughly 4300kcal

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

keto isnt necessary and in general theres no need to spike your cholesterol imo.... snake man feels differently

but what if i lack muscles already

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

your maintenance is nowhere near 4300 cals.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

I'm glad you told me; because why on earth would I tell the truth on a basket weaving forum.

102kg at 14% bodyfat, 6'0, heavy workouts every day. Maintenance includes workouts.

King_Martha
King_Martha

you should stop lieing then, even basket weavers have honor.

Methnerd
Methnerd

only have a few water bottles left in my fridge
I accidentally got myself dehydrated after fasting and now I'm breezing through these bottles
help I don't want to go outside

SniperGod
SniperGod

here's what 6'0, 90kg looks like at 5% body fat

In theory, you are literally this guy if you are 102kg at 14% body fat at the same height.

If you don't post pic, your maintenance is not 4300 fucking calories

StonedTime
StonedTime

forgot pic cause im a gay retard

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

70 hours in on a 72 hour fast
Nothing seems appetizing
Spent all last night awake waiting to eat

Is this normal?

Spamalot
Spamalot

cigarettes in his hand
trashed

takes2long
takes2long

Not appreciating 70 year old cigarettes
You're not nice.

King_Martha
King_Martha

I'm not posting a pic you homo, that dude looks roided as hell too. I'm saying exactly what the calculator says.

TechHater
TechHater

Fuck me lads. I've been losing weight since mid-2016, got down from 140kg to 105kg (6'3" btw). The first 20kg were just CICO and the last 15kg were fasting and keto on eating days. At the start of December I weighed 97kg. I decided (stupidly) to have a break from all that for the holiday season. Basically it was a whole month of stuffing my face with Christmas food and binge drinking.

I told myself I would get back to my routine in 2018, and welp, here I am. And I fucking hate myself. I weighed in at 116kg at the gym this morning. I put on fucking 20kg in a month. (I know that at my size, coming from a state of keto, that there will be a lot of water weight, but still holy shit)

So today starts my 2 week water fast. The longest I've ever done is 7 days, so it will be a challenge. After that I'm gonna go back to 4 days IF keto, 3 days fasting a week until I'm at my goal. Why do I do this to myself :(

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

no, if you are roided to hell, you look like pic related. The other dude is just extremely fucking lean, probably from DNP

enjoy your weight gain eating 4300 calories dude.... that's more than a cyclist.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

dry fast for 2 days and youll lose 4kg minimum

Techpill
Techpill

Nah Imma stick to water fasting. Not saying that dry fastings bad, but I don't wanna take the risk. Going from what I've been eating (high carbs and sugar) to water fasting guarantees I will drop 4kg in 2-3 days anyway.

Nojokur
Nojokur

good luck brotha :) no worries. dry fasting just works so much better for me. I go hyponatremic in like 5 hours of water fasting and it sucks donkey dick

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

anyone else here have an actual eating disorder? I have unironically been losing weight because of the onion threads (fasting wasn't working anymore). I have 2 days a week where I ONLY eat onions and nothing else. I call them my 'Allium Amplifications' because they allow me to amplify my weight loss whilst eating normally on other days hahaha. I have even started posting envelopes filled with slices of onion to my obese next door neighbour to shame him because he isn't onion dieting.

takes2long
takes2long

Uh... how tall are you?

massdebater
massdebater

Do keto or your cut will be catabolic

Methshot
Methshot

Someone redpill me on onions. I've come back to this board after 3 months and suddenly everybody is shrek.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

6'0

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

How bad is spiking insulin during fasting? Weight loss slows down?

Techpill
Techpill

Yeah, you're going to die.

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

Quick question that probably has an obvious answer but say that I’m doing a 5-6 day workout week

Should I squeeze my recommended calorie intake into the 8 hour eating window or should I really only have the calorie equivalent of 2 meals

All I mean is does fasting mean I should eat less when being very active or eat the same amount but just in a smaller timeframe?

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

someone made a thread with a small study about onions and everybody agreed to meme people into eating them for laughs, your welcome for saving yourself time.

girlDog
girlDog

Should I dry fasting after the binge new year's eve session? The bloating should be reduced in this way I think.

Playboyize
Playboyize

does fasting mean I should eat less when being very active or eat the same amount but just in a smaller timeframe
If you're eating anything, you aren't fasting.

Techpill
Techpill

Break my fast after 4 days
Eat a peanut butter sandwich
Feel like vomiting

WHAT IS GOING ON

TechHater
TechHater

Day 2 is a piece of cake, too. Makes me think I might be doing something wrong.

Snake man has a 3000 calorie per week program for fatties. Would it be practical to just not eat until I'm lean, or will I drop dead without a 3000 calorie meal every seven days?

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

So lemme get this straight...

mix 2,000mg of lite salt and 2000mg of pink salt in a liter of water
drink that throughout the day
do light exercises
lose fat but maintain muscle

am I missing anything?

that OMAD seems like the exact opposite of what the video was suggesting to do.

I have about %15 body fat if that's relevant

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

Maybe start with a soup next time.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

You're not 14% lad,

Inmate
Inmate

I just completed my first ever fast... 72h, on snake juice.

Broke it one hour ago. I am stuffed.

Food tasted great. Lamb roast, with peppers and onions sautéed in olive oil, raw whole milk.

I found i was chewing way slower and more completely than normal, which was interesting.

I'll eat a bit more tonight with friends for NYE, and then resume fasting tomorrow.

My keto stix should arrive this week.

Emberburn
Emberburn

You can get keto test sticks at your local pharmacy. There was no need to order them online.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

You can get keto test sticks at your local pharmacy. There was no need to order them online.

Thanks user. I'll keep that in mind for the future.

Booteefool
Booteefool

Who else is gonna eat like a pig today and then make a 7 day fast here?

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

not where i live ;^)

RumChicken
RumChicken

50 hours in on a water fast
did two days of OMAD beforehand, just steak and eggs. Keto strips were positive at the fast start.
down 8 lbs so far

people have said coffee and tea are fine on a water fast. Am I fucking something up by drinking 3 cups of coffee and 2 cups of tea per day?

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

I'm on day 4 of my first fast and I haven't felt hungry at all yet. Is it safe to keep fasting until I feel like eating?

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

If you've lost 8lbs so far you're probably good. Do you fast/OMAD consistently or is this your first time? If it is your first time, you may just be losing water weight.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

You'll never feel like eating but you'll lose energy eventually and start to feel sick and have sleepless nights. Want to go zombie mode, see how long you can last.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

Yeah I'm sure that 5 lbs were water as the holiday eating and drinking caused some bloat.
A decade ago I did 3 days strictly water and it was unbearable. Caffeine is making this one a lot easier. Getting to 7 days seems possible this time around.

eGremlin
eGremlin

visible abs if man, so 10% or less

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

Intermittent fasting is as simple as not eating for 16 hours a day?

farquit
farquit

That's the pussy version but yes

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

Can you teach me the optimal way?

Lunatick
Lunatick

You either go One Meal A Day with a 1 to 2 hour eating window or at least a 4 hour eating window at lowest

Methshot
Methshot

Started my 7 day dry fast, wish me luck bois

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

I'm super thirsty, mouth is dry and my nose and eyes won't stop dripping. Am I kill?

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

Did you prep at all? I want to do that but if I do that I'm gonna prep and eat a shit ton the day before

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

i ate so much fruit my belly is round, gonna take some pics for before/after to post here when i finish

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

I mean did you do any of that snake juice shit and I plan to munch out with the some fucking chips before I feel like dying for 7 days

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

just a shitload of water/fruit and a teaspoon of baking soda

Firespawn
Firespawn

I practice martial arts 4 times a week and lift heavy 3 times a week.
Will I broke myself if I go for a 5-7 day fast?I am 183cm and 90kg 15-18%bf btw.

Lunatick
Lunatick

Alright man you've inspired me to do this shit, imma eat some terrible shit today and then go on that dry fast,good luck man!

MPmaster
MPmaster

49 hours without eating and counting. Happy New Year, bros!

Bidwell
Bidwell

Happy new years man! good luck on that shit!

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

keep up the good work and a happy new year to you as well

5mileys
5mileys

tfw day one complete

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

WHO HERE IS READY FOR NO JOULE JANUARY???

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

who here /noteatingfortheentiremonthofjanuary/

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

ME. I AM.

King_Martha
King_Martha

god bless you and good luck user

never forget, when the moment comes and you contemplate ending the fast for some cheeky burgers

ITS NEVER WORTH IT. being a fukin loser was last year

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

tfw got to shoot a steyr aug once

shit was comfy. I need to add one to my collection.

Methshot
Methshot

Are there supplements or vitamins I can take instead of using snake juice? It would be a lot more convenient not having to prep 2-3 liters and taking them to work.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

bleach and ammonia

Evilember
Evilember

May I know whats is this snake juice?

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

The stuff in the op. Salt, and no salt

farquit
farquit

Day one of fast. Started nursing snake juice to get mind off hunger. Ended up drinking the whole liter in an hour. Will that fuck myself?

Emberburn
Emberburn

Do I have to worry about shitting my pants on a water fast?

WebTool
WebTool

OMAD
how much calories is this? 100% of maintenance?

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

depends on how much weight you want to lose or gain

idontknow
idontknow

I'm doing a water fast. I am a fat fuck, so I literally haven't eaten anything in about 15 days. I felt like absolute shit for the first seven. Now I don't feel as bad. I get in a very lite jog every day, as well as some lifting.
I've already started losing some visible weight, but I'm not sure if I'm already doing it for too long.

Should I keep going until I feel absolutely awful then eat, or should I eat once every seven days or some shit?

SniperGod
SniperGod

im at 20% bfat, so i dont eat then til i see my abs? also i do resistance training, can i have my black coffee / pre workout?

TechHater
TechHater

Think of it this way, if you can get through five days without it happening, it's fine.

Basically if you feel like you're gonna fart, don't do it. Go to the toilet, and fart on the toilet.

eGremlin
eGremlin

pretty much eat at a deficit or not at all

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

It's honesty all on you man, congrats on that 15 day shit. If you want the quick results I would keep going until you lost all of that weight but if you want to keep your sanity then I would eat every 7-14 days

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

are watery shits just at the beginning?

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

Well I feel fine, so I guess I'll keep it going.

Thanks man.

happy_sad
happy_sad

I got them a lot on my first couple fasts but now I don't get them at all

King_Martha
King_Martha

I'm a bit confused anons. I'm currently on my third day of leangains and doing IF fasting. I'm 5'6" and 175lbs when I started. Today I stepped on the scale out of curiosity after I went to the bathroom and woke up. I weighed 169.6lbs. Could I shed that much water weight that fast? Do any anons here have experience with IF? This is my first cut and I'm liking IF so far.

askme
askme

WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?

So do I lift before or after the one meal a day? If before then lifting after 60-70 hours fasting feels good?

massdebater
massdebater

been fasting for a couple weeks now
went back home for holidays
family are all cooks
delicious food fucking everywhere
don't want to break just for now because I want to train myself as well
pain

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

GUYS MY BROTHER JUST COOKED ME DINNER AND BROUGHT IT TO MY ROOM, IT SMELLS FUCKING DELICIOUS AND ITS ONLY THE FIRST DAY OF MY FAST. QUICK WTF DO I DO? DO I EAT IT?

Spamalot
Spamalot

Go for like 30 maybe

Playboyize
Playboyize

Fuck me lads I ate it. At least im still in a caloric deficit r-right?

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

I'm in the same boat. Resisted. Felt fucking awful, but I resisted. If I can't resist now, what the fuck am I doing?

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

Yeah, water weight comes fast AF. Don't worry about it. IF is amazing once you get used to it. I get a bit of morning sickness, but that passes fairly quickly. There's nothing better than eating a good lunch at 12, then come home to huge as fuck dinner where you can feast. Very practical also.

Spamalot
Spamalot

As someone who almost died from anorexia seeing this thread here is disgusting beyond measure.

To anyone who actually takes or is considering doing anything suggested in these threads, you are walking down a dark path. Spare yourself a painful death and walk away from these threads.

Bidwell
Bidwell

Beats doing DNP.

And i did DNP.

idontknow
idontknow

Fasting is only for people that are actually obese. IF actually can be safe, but yeah, that's about it.

Methshot
Methshot

i had a specific disease therefore x causes y

TreeEater
TreeEater

fasting when you're not fat
Mental Illness

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

aiming for no food January
already have cravings and considering eating

Fuck brehs I'm only 24 hours in

WebTool
WebTool

i see you started the year shitposting hard already, you are never going to make it.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

I AM A GOD
I MUST TRANSCEND THESE CRAVINGS
I WILL ASCEEEEEND

Illusionz
Illusionz

2018 was suppose to be a better year, a good year. A year when fat was lost and muscles were build. I woke up early to go to the gym. My buddy bailed on me, but fuck it, I don't need anyone. I was planning on deadlifting. It was suppose to be just like Christmas day, no one, but me and plates. So I woke, I did the morning routine and I was off to scrub frost off of the car. As I finished driver's side and went to the other side is when I noticed it. Some asshole had smashed in the front passenger window. Gym plans down the drain. I can not drive the car in this condition. No junkyards are open today. No repair shops are open today. All I can do is fucking mope and not eat.. At least I got that... That they can't take away from me.

So how was your New Years even /fast/?

Lunatick
Lunatick

I seriously would rather have anorexia than be this fat.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

Had to tap out cuz I'm home for the holidays. 5.5 days. Gonna do a 7-0 day next

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

That sucks dick, man. Have you considered doing some bodyweight in the meantime?

King_Martha
King_Martha

so how do i have the energy to workout or recover if I dont eat anything for a month, do I just not workout for a month?

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

I'm waiting for my folks to wake up. I probably can loan their car so I can get my work out in on the evening.

The thing is I weight as much as a small elephant, so bodyweight stuff would probably be harder than the stuff I'd do at the gym.

However if my plans fail yet again I have some babyweight dumbbells here, so I'll just do some stupid high rep bro shit

5mileys
5mileys

Depending on how fit you already are, you can still do light workouts on a fast. If you're a fatty though, be extra cautious and DON'T try to be a fuckin hero.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

fatty, lose the goddamn weight first, thank me later

viagrandad
viagrandad

I've been doing a water fast for seven days now. No Snake Juice. Just two liters of ice cold water a day.
Seeing significant results already.
But the hunger, the hunger. I feel hungry all the time. It's taking everything I have to buy go get myself a greasy burger.
Other than that, I'm doing some lite jogging and weights everyday for about an hour a day.

Is it fine to keep like this? Or do I need Snake Juice?

whereismyname
whereismyname

I am. I am, but if I don't go to the gym I get fiddity as fuck. For once I've found a hobby that I actually like doing. Plus I've already paid for the membership, so I ain't throwing that money away.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

If you can't make that snake gay shit, is there any point in adding just salt to your water?

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

not having your electrolytes deplete

w8t4u
w8t4u

so no?

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

are you retarded?

Methnerd
Methnerd

I mean you kinda need them

TreeEater
TreeEater

yes

Emberburn
Emberburn

You piss away salt, so you need to replenish it - so yeah it is worth just adding salt - but eventually you will start pissing potassium, which is why you optimally would want to supplement that as well.

brouwland.com/en/our-products/brewing/brewing-adjuncts/mineral-salts/d/potassium-chlorid-100-g

Here you go. You can start now with shorter water fasts while you wait for that shit to arrive. Took me ~2 weeks just before Christmas

SniperWish
SniperWish

Can we talk about the elephant in the room?

Why the FUCK does cole paint his nails?

I mean i want to get other people into fasting but if i tell them that a canadian manlet that paints his nails and yells a lot told me to do it i would get laughed at. Seriously, why does he do it? Is he a certified homo?

Thank god thomas delauer promotes fasting as well.

RumChicken
RumChicken

Obviously fasting turns you into a faggot
There is no other explanation

FastChef
FastChef

Take the week off. Unless you have a ton of experience fasting, there's no reason to add hard exercise to the strain of water fasting.

I'm sure it's POSSIBLE to do it with no real negative consequences, but it doesn't seem sensible. And the risk of injury/overfatigue is much higher.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

What do you normally break your fasts with?

I've done 3 day ones in the past and would break them with cranberry juice.
Am looking at chicken stock for the next one.

Lunatick
Lunatick

I agree with

Just try a different protocol, man.
Maybe one meal a day, or 24 hour fast every other day.
You'll fuck yourself going that intense eating nothing.

Though if you're determined, don't do the weights and instead use the foam roller in the gym or something.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

Do I absolutely need Snake Juice to water fast?

Can't I just do it normal water

MPmaster
MPmaster

when your upper arms consisted mostly of fat so now you're entering popeye mode

w-well i guess that explains the pisspoor curls/ohp but 150kg double overhand deadlifts

viagrandad
viagrandad

Why is lifting not allowed on fast? I get that the user in question is already kind a clean, but if I'm a fatass wouldn't it just be more beneficial to lift heavy ass weights while fasting for faster effect?

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

Potassium is a cool thing.

cum2soon
cum2soon

I used to fast like 8 months ago before i started bulking; I used to brake 2-10 day fasts with literally anything and never had any issues

iluvmen
iluvmen

You said you lift heavy, you're just much much more likely to injure yourself if you're near say, the end of the fast and on your last set of heavy squats.

It's a very big risk mate.

likme
likme

Including potassium in your diet during a fast helps reduce the chance of cardiac arrest.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

Yeah 2 day fasts aren't a big deal for me, but just after a 3 day one I'll get nasty shits asap if I eat normally straight away.

hairygrape
hairygrape

Okay, second question, I only have Lite Salt. (50% Less Sodium, but increased Potassium).

Can I just use that or do I need to go get some pure Potassium?

Techpill
Techpill

Snake juice will definitely help with the hunger, and it's better for your body, too. You need them electrolytes.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

The cigarettes are front the MRE's he reviews, he doesn't necessarily smoke them

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

your image is incorrect
Ochako would be a powerlifter since she is obese

Nojokur
Nojokur

See;
I'd like to start it now, but only have that. Otherwise, I need to go out to buy some.

Booteefool
Booteefool

Me. Took a photo of and weighed myself this morning. Will post results on 1 February.

MPmaster
MPmaster

just finished a month long fast
lost like 30kg
just spent the entire day eating
Holy shit, I feel amazing. This food tastes so good.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

I made my boyfriend OMAD today, and yesterday. Non-stop complaining, and irritation. I don't ever think I can get him to fast at this rate.
How do I make him stop bitching?

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

focus on losing fat yourself, and if he sees your progress and still isn't interested in trying it for himself, leave him.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

I'm just worried, he has a lot of more weight to lose than me, and he's always telling me about his health problems and concerns.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

Call him fatty until he submits

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

Also he kept telling me that he was happier doing IF with an 8 hour window.I think he was happier since he was eating a lot, and frequently, sparing breakfast. He hasn't lost any weight with IF, he says 3 pounds but I doubt it, and it's probably water weight. That's over 2 months.
I want him to lose weight quicker and more reliably, and I told him that dieting is not always a pleasant experience (when you're addicted to sugar, especially), but on and on he complained.

What should I tell him to convince him to at least OMAD? Something that will make him believe that his food-related happiness is less important than losing weight?

I do, every day. I grab his stomach and shake it around. I grab his tits, and pretty much every other fat deposit I can, and call him fat.

King_Martha
King_Martha

day 1 of fast
mum's already trying to get me to eat

Evilember
Evilember

day 1
SO cooks your favorite food
already told them I was fasting days earlier
day 2
cooks more delicious foods
I shouldn't have started dating a chef who loves doting

Soft_member
Soft_member

gotten to the point where I feel terribly guilty just from even thinking about eating
I have transcended this plane of existence

girlDog
girlDog

I dont think IF is a thing for really fat people. He should do snake diet and start with 48hr water fast.

Why do you want him to lose weight? Is he a loser generally, or just fat? Why do you think insulting his body will be helpful?

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

I just don't think he is motivated to do lose it. He spent all day nagging me about being hungry just over doing OMAD, but I know for certain it wasn't real hunger, just withdraws.
My main reason is for his benefit, not my own. He has heath issues, and is paranoid about many preventable illnesses.
I'm not mean to him, I just tease him. I'm trying everything. If being paranoid about his health isn't enough to get him to lose weight, then maybe getting bullied will.

Emberburn
Emberburn

You could always not put out until he drops the flab. Make sure he knows why though

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

Honestly, I'm already doing that. It's been a year :/

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

nobody in this thread has anorexia they're all like 200 pounds

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

I dont think IF is a thing for really fat people.

World record for the longest fast was a really fat dude from Scotland, course he's not fat anymore. 382 days.
Course that isn't exactly "intermittent" either.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

I dont think IF is a thing for really fat people.
this if you mean shorter windows. I tried IF 8 hour window when I was ~27% bodyfat and didn't do shit for me because I was still eating junk. Now at 11% with a healthy diet a 6-8 hour window I'm losing .5-.7lbs every week without much effort

Need longer fasts the fatter you are

whereismyname
whereismyname

Can you give me advice, what exactly do you eat, and how many calories per day? What was your starting weight, also?

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

Jesus...

Another suggestion: taunt him that he can't do it, spite is legit one of my most powerful motivators desu. If someone tells me I can't do something, you bet your ass I'm gonna do it just to prove them wrong

MPmaster
MPmaster

It sounds like something I could try, but I don't want him to resent me or think of me as a rival.

King_Martha
King_Martha

Bullying doesn't w-

metro.co.uk/2015/01/28/chef-lost-21-stone-after-friend-text-him-fat-f-every-day-for-six-weeks-5040205/

Emberburn
Emberburn

I-I just don't understand why he won't lose weight, now that I'm thinking about it.
I bully him
I try to help him
He is already worried about his health
All of his friends are losing weight
I cook all of his meals
I've not done it with him for more than a year

I just don't know. I'll try getting him motivated by spite and also to make myself an example by fasting/OMADing. If that doesn't work, it's hopeless. I'll just take his wallet whenever I'm not awake so he can't buy food, and make a strict meal plan.

Evilember
Evilember

in this case, IF is clearly being used to mean 8-hour time-restricted feeding.

cum2soon
cum2soon

Start yourself. Get thin or lose a significant amount, and just tell him straight up. If he refuses after, then just leave. Honestly if it's as bad as you say, it's just not worth it.

Like the other user said, spite is probably my biggest motivator. I originally only lost weight to prove a point. My second highest motivator is stubbornness. I didn't want to admit I was wrong and kept with it. After that, it slowly started to feel good and I had a huge confidence boost because of it. And eventually, sweet shit like sodas started to taste like garbage.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

I was "only" like 230lbs/35bmi. Probably closer to 30% fat now that I think about it

But really I just have focused a lot more of my diet on eating big amounts of vegetables that are low calories. I like lettuces and stuff like broccoli and shit because they taste good to me. Basically the main thing for me is always make sure my stomach has veggies in it before considering eating high calorie foods like pasta or anything processed

Basically my typical day for the last 3 months (from 184lbs to 167lbs my goal is 159lbs/6-7%ish bodyfat, at this point I will probably experiemtn with eating maybe 2 hrs after getting up or something) has been
wake up
do 30-60 min of low intensity cardio, wait 3-5 hrs
eat a big amount of lettuce/salad (I put other veggies on and plain vinegar to flavor and 4oz of baked chicken or same amount of any fish for protein) and broccoli, an apple and a banana
after I eat that I wait a couple hours until I get hungry and eat something like 1cup plain greek yogurt w/ berries or sliced banana added
30-60 mins later another salad but 1cup of beans added, maybe a serving of pasta/rice/quinoa as well
about another 2 hrs later eat some veggies and an apple or two before eating a medium meal of w/e is wanted
with 5-6 hours till bed I start fasting

I usually have been getting around 1900-2200kcal a day with one or two days a week at about 2400-2600. That would be about maintenance but I do at least 30 mins of cardio a day

So 8 hrs sleep, 5 hours before bed and 4 hours after waking up is my fasted period. I find I am capable of eating retarded amounts inadvertently when I get tired before bed so it's helped me to stop eating a few hours before bed.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

he smokes them though

Playboyize
Playboyize

Should I be concerned about causing loose skin by fasting?

Evilember
Evilember

I haven't eaten since Friday night; tried to do my lifts and had absolutely no energy to do them; hardly got through the first work set. About how long do I have to keep fasting until I can start lifting again?

5mileys
5mileys

How fat are you?

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

6'4 225lb 25 y/o

girlDog
girlDog

I guess everyone's relationship dynamic is different, but I wouldn't stay with a girl who withheld sex to manipulate me.

With that intimacy off the table, and the fact that you apparently taunt him, this guy sounds pretty cucked, based on him not making progress, not having will power, and putting up with some dodgy treatment. You sound a bit rotten :(

If he needs massive weight loss, he needs to start with multi day water fasts, the longer, the better. Everytime he eats, he is stopping his weight loss machinery for up to 48 hours, depending on what and how.much he eats, and how his body currently mismanages itself.

That's why i say IF/OMAD isn't a strategy for big people....he should be going multiple days with no food, eat once, and go right back to multiple days of no food. Use snake juice on fasting days.

If/when he has leaned out, OMAD can be used, and anytime he starts adding body fat, jump right back into a multiday.

The thing about fasting is that it is mentally easy to do right - just stop eating - and it's easy to correct/get back on the wagon - just stop eating. But OMAD also screws with all that, so it shouldn't be done by people still developing self control and will power.

happy_sad
happy_sad

Not an argument. Also no supporting evidence proving your statements correct. Makes me think, activates my almonds, etc

No you wouldn't.

For now.

iluvmen
iluvmen

doing it for too long
abc.net.au/science/articles/2012/07/24/3549931.htm

Methshot
Methshot

Probably not.

Techpill
Techpill

Is there even a guy with anorexia? I've only heard of females.

viagrandad
viagrandad

How to fast: Don't eat
Still screw it up
Veeky Forums found a way

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

How long did that take?

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

Cool thanks

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

What does /fast/ think?
December hit me hard. 4 birthdays, 2 Christmas partys at work and finally Christmas with the family.
Also 50% of everything I ate between December 6th and 28th was something sweet.
I will be going keto with 22:2 IF and two 48 hour fasts per week for January.

Thank you for reading my blog and sorry for being to lazy to translate.

Techpill
Techpill

Furious Pete was anorexic.

Emberburn
Emberburn

t. A Fat Roastie

Booteefool
Booteefool

I think he already answered that question, buddy.

takes2long
takes2long

How do you do this /fast/? I'm 21 hours in and I feel like shit

Techpill
Techpill

Yes. You'd be surprised, approximately 10% of people with anorexia are men. It just seems fewer to the general public because it's a minority of a minority.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

guy

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

How many on average until you start losing fat?

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

Please don't post orcs in the thread

Firespawn
Firespawn

Pick something up for christ sake son.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

Say that to her face and not online.

King_Martha
King_Martha

Who is this fucking semen demon?

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

post more

Methshot
Methshot

Answer me first.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

I don't know anything about fasting, I only opened this thread because of this qt

cum2soon
cum2soon

I'm not going to answer "How many on average until you start losing fat?" since it means nothing.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

Shinju Auclair. Some retarded MMA chick.

Methnerd
Methnerd

First few days are water weight. How many until you start tapping into that fat.

All right.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

vast harder dikzak

farquit
farquit

Make up/photoshop should be banned. So goes from this and looks like pic related to

Destroy all thots

WebTool
WebTool

She'll rough you up buddy.

eGremlin
eGremlin

How about you try COMMUNICATING with people to set expectations so those sort of situations wont happen in the first place?

Lunatick
Lunatick

The 56% face is real

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

Thats prolly kg.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

Drink the water. Just don't eat. You can keep fasting, even just drinking a good bit of water then none at all again would be fine.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

Relax and indulge in literally anything that isn't food or drinks other than water. If it gets real bad, tea and coffee will help curb your hunger and will only stunt your results a little bit.
If you have any hobbies you can focus on those, if not, you can binge watch shit, lift, play video games, whatever the fuck. It's an endurance test.
The longer you can do it, the better results you get. The more often you do it, the better your endurance gets. Learn to cope and have fun with your free time.

Techpill
Techpill

I've noticed, that when I try to make positive improvements in my life, there is a force in this world, external to myself, that will offer up temptations, or obstacles, in seemingly uncanny ways, in an effort to break my willpower, or simply test me.

I recognize that this is mostly my own perception putting a spin on things I wouldn't have noticed had I not resolved to change myself. These events that come about are a result of the "demons" inside you. Some people take this literally, but it's more of a figurative demon, that you have not only allowed, but invited into your temple to take up residence, through building whatever bad habits your personal demon takes the form of. Upon attempting to evict this demon, you'll start to see the evidence of their protest.

The most important thing, I find, is to simply recognize these signs, not negatively, but as an affirmation that you're following the right path, for the correct path is one of struggle and growth. It's like resistance training for your willpower.

Just don't let these events and struggles beat you, and give in to whatever it is you're trying to overcome, and I promise you'll make it.

Emberfire
Emberfire

Do you think it's best to drink your recommended daily amount of water during a fast, or way less? Way more?
I've seen arguments for all three, and I was wondering what you guys might think.

Supergrass
Supergrass

Why the fuck would you fast if you're not simply trying to lose weight?
If there are actually people here who believe fasting is good for lifters they're delusional.

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

eventually, sweet shit like sodas started to taste like garbage.
iktf after switching to water many years ago.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

youtu.be/-fkv1Dkh-Ls

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

imo going by feel is the best way

also for me it's all or nothing, if I do a dry fast, I'm going to hard dry fast, if I do a water fast, I'm allowed as much water as I need to not go crazy.

StonedTime
StonedTime

bullying
Its called touch love. I have a friend who'd mercilessly curse me out in the gym for not trying hard enough during my exercises. Never was fat again.

farquit
farquit

Is it OK to run during the early phases of the fast?
I'm 26 hours in. Planning to do 100+

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

By coffee he means the sugar loaded frappuccinos not the caffeinated bitterwater

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

I heard, for weight loss, you lose more weight the more water you drink while fasting.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

video is about keeping cortisol low
shouts the whole way through
kys

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

My family has no money to afford food, so my dad is going autist mode and talked about how we will starve and shit and he doesn't understand we're fat as fuck and can easily fast for days if not weeks, without anything happening to us

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

As someone who almost died from anorexia
I had anorexia, I survived and transcended it. You were probably crying over your boyfriends while I was become a god.

Leave matron of Hell, the third circle awaits.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

My family has no money to afford food,
we're fat as fuck
IT KEEPS HAPPENING

SniperWish
SniperWish

Started fasting last thursday. Tried to go 4 weeks starting at 243.0 lbs but started getting really bad headaches after working out on Friday but weighed 239.3 lbs. Ate on Saturday and felt way better so I cut the salt water decided to drink pure water and eat on work out days. I was 240.6 after eating. Monday I was 238.4 when I woke up and ate going up to 241 and worked out and went back down to 238.5.
Definitely feel way better eating instead of drinking salt water.
The only problem is that the water goes straight through me when I'm not eating. I will drink a cup and piss after an hour but I haven't had any headaches.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

advertising literal snake oil in the OP
Just came here to laugh at you faggots and remind you that you're never going to make it.

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

t 280 lb dyel new years resolutioner.

takes2long
takes2long

I outweigh her by probably 100:lbs and I also do MMA.

Methnerd
Methnerd

He still had his balls when he was anorexic, kiddo.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

I had really bad headaches and couldn't balance my salts and water when I ran 3.5 miles.
I would recommend against it unless you have a good grasp on how much salt you need.

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

Uh, he literally points out it's the caffeine in addition to the sugar that's the problem in that video. Did you even watch it?

If you had, you'd also know that he specifically pointed out the behavior you're exhibiting right now: an effort to justify your addiction.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

why does cole do what ever the fuck he wants
because he has distaste for the main stream everything and has struggled with anxiety in the past, he uses the nail polish as practice to disregard judgement from other people.
he did a video where he walked around with a dildo on his head too.
He's not a very eloquent person but he's not dumb.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

youtube.com/watch?v=ep3LNSryj0E
7 days of black dry fasting.
No water contact.
Loss 25 lbs.
Still has muscle definition.
So yeah obviously you are going to lose muscle mass as you are FASTING.
That is because you are obviously not going to be bulking and eating in excess.
Fasting is for going from a fat piece of shit to normal size not going from a twink to a pro body builder.
Even body builders fast before shows to get that nice definition.

King_Martha
King_Martha

Is there a point to one day dry fast?

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

If you have a weigh in for a competition.
Otherwise no there is no point dry fasting for less than 48 hours.

Methshot
Methshot

Is there a point in doing a refeeding day in fasts?

Like, I've noticed that 72 hours in
I sleep like garbage
Food no longer seems edible

So, it seems like the magic amount of fasting is around 2 days. Is it a decent idea to eat 2-3 days a week, and fasting 4-5?

Fast M-T
Eat W
Fast Th-F
Eat S

Etc. Also, on a refeeding day does it mean at at maintenance or simply eating at all?

Methshot
Methshot

muscle loss on a fast is minimal compared to the fat loss. I am attempting a 7 day dry fast (did a 3, then a 5, were easy) and will post my before after pics to you guys next monday. I started with probably a bit more than 180 goal is 163, obs im going to lose more but mostly water weight so i might hop on snake juice on day 7 to see how much water weight i get back then will do until my goal weight is reached. I was at 200lbs at some point and this will by the lowest weight i'm aiming to get. I'm 5'9''

whereismyname
whereismyname

going from dry fast to snake juice
You are going to shock the shit out of your kidneys.
Make sure you drink some baking soda first.

Lunatick
Lunatick

i did before starting my fast and will do once i finish too, don't worry

RumChicken
RumChicken

Im not going to tell you the best way for your personal growth.
If it works then it works and if it doesnt then report it in the thread for the next sucker.
We are pioneers and we need to explore.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

going on a fast for a month. been going for about a week and a half. rate my fridge.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

need n-r-geee hahaa lmao

MPmaster
MPmaster

redbull
fast
Artificial sweeteners are going to spike your insulin even though its not real sugar.
Water and minerals only.
Better than being a fatass but worse than an actual fast.

viagrandad
viagrandad

do you have enough caffine?

w8t4u
w8t4u

Well just ran 4 miles, I feel fine besides my fingers (canadian winter)
Gonna sip on some juice rn.

Playboyize
Playboyize

won't it still be zero calories? it's gonna increase insulin sure but my body is gonna still be forced to lose weight, specially if it goes on for a month.

TechHater
TechHater

juice
/fast/
Literally retarded.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

It's gonna lower your metabolism to compensate for the fat that insulin will prevent you from burning.

Techpill
Techpill

You are confusing your body into thinking you have sugar in your body and it will make it work less productively.
It's fasting without the benefit of high level ketogenesis.
Your body isn't wired to recognize that this fake sugar isn't the real thing.

Methnerd
Methnerd

Hmm grapefruit juice, fucking delicious

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

If you aren't going to really fast then there isn't a time limit to how long you can do it.
You run the risk of diabetes by feeding your body throughout the day while also starving it but I don't think its by a large amount if you aren't doing it for months at a time.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

No, I am very nice. I'm just really worried about him, and I want to save him from getting ill. He's had surgeries for his health issues, and he complains about organ pain frequently. I don't want to have to do this, but I don't know any other way.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

this is the damage normies are doing to your bf. My whole family was enabling my fatness and when i started fasting they went full crab in a bucket on me. I am so glad i got off this, lost 40 lbs and plan to become 10-12% BF and lean bulk from there, i'm so close. Will never allow myself to get fat again.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

When do i stop feeling hungry? 13 hours in.

MPmaster
MPmaster

on day 3 the hunger will go away

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

eat food after fast
constipated
still can't shit
take laxative
12 hours later shit
took 2 seconds wtf
look in toilet
looks like I shit out my intestines

girlDog
girlDog

tapeworms

(Happened to me too, idk what it was but not dead yet)

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

every gallstones/tapeworm/eating disorder post is avocado larping

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

No I do not have tapeworms. I just mean it was A LOT OF POOP.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

Stop feeding him. He needs snake-juice only fasting. Make him weigh himself everyday in the morning. He needs to see the results.

You also need to explain why this is important to you. If he won't improve his health, he'll get sick early and die early, and he won't be around for you, and you cannot depend on a guy like that.

If he doesn't care, leave now.

If he cares, but has given up hope of losing weight, tell him why that's the snake diet is worth trying - massive results, massively quick. It will make a believer of him, and turn him from powerless to in control.

He has to stop eating. He has to believe that he can regain the upper hand.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

Cite your sources

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

When ketosis kicks in, your ghrelin levels drop. That's what makes you feel hungry. How long it takes you to get into ketosis seems to relate to your carb intake before starting. If you're a fat fuck who eats sugar and cake all day, it'll take a few days. If you are pretty fit it might start happening on the first day.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

If i am doing an extended fast do I get snake juice? I also have mineral water is that okay to have or no?

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

The mental sickness present in these threads is both disturbing and laughable.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

ana is only bad when it's catabolic

girlDog
girlDog

just 1 hour and 40 minutes more
Holly shit, didn't think my first fast would be this hard.
It's only 24 hours, but it's a start.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

ignore the chewbaccas

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

I've been thinking about this—the optimal amount of time to fast without sacrificing too much in the way of energy or sanity. I tried all the way up to a 14 day fast, but I'm a commercial driver, so weakness and lightheadedness is something I cannot afford to experience unlike some office workers or NEETs in these threads. I have found that the ideal fast length is just too personal.

I'm still quite fat at 280 lbs (down from 370), so I try to do one low carb meal every 48 hours, but I also throw in some 72 hour fasts here and there. Occasionally I'll shorten it down to a 36 hour fast, but nothing shorter than that. I usually consume refeeds within 1-1.5 hours. It all depends what works for you. I was able to get off my high blood pressure medication, and I'm no longer prediabetic, so fasting definitely works.

5mileys
5mileys

Ya, brother was 6'3" 60lbs at his worst. Had to get checked into a clinic where they'd watch him eat and check the toilet for vomit everytime he used the bathroom.

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

thinking bulimia is anorexia
lmao @ ur life you stupid ass hole

TreeEater
TreeEater

Good job buddy. You should experiment with IF if you haven't already, helps a lot getting used to extended periods of not eating.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

I didn't, i just kinda jumped at the 24 hour mark to start my year, it feels fucking terrible but at the same time i feel proud as fuck.
40 minutes more, i just hope i have the self control to not binge.

happy_sad
happy_sad

It's only 24 hours, but it's a start.
Just wait until you're doing a 100+ hour fast and you have 30 minutes left
Worst 30 minutes of my life.

Skullbone
Skullbone

binging and fasting out of shame is a great way to develop an eating disorder.

I'm guessing since fasting is mostly a fatty thing to lose weight (and since most fatties are addicted to shitty food), this is a likely turn of events.

odds are you'll binge after loosing most of the weight, and regain it quickly, then just cycle between binging and fasting as your health and metabolism deteriorate

Evilember
Evilember

been nonstop chugging water since my fast ended

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

Did drinking whiskey break my fast? These online calorie counting websites say whiskey has zero calories, but a friend of mine says that's not actually true since the body processes it as a sugar. So what's the truth?

FastChef
FastChef

Easy google.
Whiskey has 105 calories in a shot.

Techpill
Techpill

High quality b8.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

that's just food belly mang

SniperGod
SniperGod

last snake man vid on the youtubes was 2 weeks ago
I'm not gonna make it

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

what do you all eat for OMAD?

can i just do a protein shake

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

bully
u
l
l
y

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

Water or dry?

iluvmen
iluvmen

Day 3, made him OMAD but promised it was just IF and he can have a salad later.
No complaining, no whining.
I'm not gonna give him that salad. I want to prove he can do it.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

I have a mental illness which caused a similar behavior
this means that people who exhibit this behavior also have this mental illness

Supergrass
Supergrass

Is fasting safe for 15% bf people who want to go down to 10% ?

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

something that helped me get motivated to work out and eat proper was telling myself that no matter what the week, month, year, whatever will pass and i can either be the same weight or i can be less. at the end of 2016 i was around 420 lbs and i celebrated the new year at that weight. just like i celebrated the previous year and the year before, but this year i celebrated and im 300 lbs, and just like all the other years im going to celebrate next year and i can either stay 300 or i can be better

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

bodybuilders prepping for shows or CBT are mentally ill

yeah fuck off

Bidwell
Bidwell

It has calories, but your body does not metabolize it into blood sugar. I don't know exactly what reaction it will cause, but it's less than red wine, which is a relatively low glycemic index.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

yes.

recomend PMSF as opposed to fasting

FastChef
FastChef

You know, I've been staying out of your little issue thus far, but it just hit me that if he were to explain what you're trying to do for him, most normies wouldn't take your side on it.

waah waah she's starving me!

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

Yeah basically. Looks like a duck, walks like a duck, etc. It's all some variation of an eating disorder.

How many bodybuilders a year starve themselves to death for competition?

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

probably, like, zero, my dude

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

i am 18, 6'0", and my growth plates arent closed yet. If i fast, for 3 days once a month as recommended, will it affect my future growth?

whereismyname
whereismyname

starve to death
with 200 lbs of muscle on their body
I don't think you understand what starving actually entails.
No body builder is going to get small enough to starve to death.

cum2soon
cum2soon

Yes.

idontknow
idontknow

The study required for information like that doesn't exist.
The question is also extremely open ended.
If you are worried about growing taller at 18 then you have other issues my friend.

DeathDog
DeathDog

Doing OMAD, and good lord boys is it difficult to get all the calories I need down. I can't come close to 2000 calories of meat and veggies in one sitting. Any tips on eating a shitload at one time?

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

Any tips on eating a shitload at one time?
Fats are easy to get down.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

Lads should I be lifting when I'm fasting?? or just cardio??

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

Of the two lifting is better but you can do both as long as you realize that you will gas while running really quickly.
Your body needs to break down fat for energy and cardio needs a lot of energy.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

Seems good, but how do you hit your protein macros? Shakes?

viagrandad
viagrandad

I heard autophagy falls off quickly after 36 hours, and I'm mostly trying to lose loose skin, so should I cycle 2 day fasts with keto in order to get in and out of that window really quick? Please help

RavySnake
RavySnake

Any tips on eating a shitload at one time?
High-fat cottage cheese with nuts, bacon, eggs, avocados, beef patties, cheese etc
Make sure to get your greens if you don't want to die shitting, cauliflower with fatty ranch is superb.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

From what I understand it doesn't fall off at 36 hours but it just has diminished returns compared to before 36 hours.
It's like making $1/hour and then increasing to $3/hour and then increasing to $4/hour but never increasing more than a few cents after that point.
By resetting your fast you are slowing down your autophagy.

Skullbone
Skullbone

Okay that makes sense, thanks

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

depends on you

MPmaster
MPmaster

I better see those pics you fat bitch

RumChicken
RumChicken

What a shame you're still with us today

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

I started fasting this morning but forgot by noon and ate a banana.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

This is b8

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

tfw grandmama dearest bought me a dozen tamales
want to just throw them because I know I will cave

JunkTop
JunkTop

I do intermittent fasting, usually break my fast around 6pm after training and have a 4 hour eating window.
When I've hit my goal bf% and go back to normal 4 meals a day will my metabolism shit itself and make me put on fat? I'd still be calorie/macro counting for maintenance

viagrandad
viagrandad

You're asking if your body will successfully defy the laws of conservation of mass and energy? No, I do not believe that your body will do that.

Emberfire
Emberfire

Labelling this post as anything but the truth would be easy for you, wouldn't it? So you can just try to dismiss it and continue on your path towards death.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

Why are you still here? I'm already fasting until Wednesday and you can't stop me.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

replying to b8

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

Planning on fasting three days out of the week (not necessarily consecutive, most likely a 48 and a 24) for the entire year and then doing OMAD on the four days during the week that I do eat. Any tips or advice? Plan on doing snakejuice and such already.

RavySnake
RavySnake

You'll get much better faster results if you do the days consecutively. A 3 day fast is easy as fuck.