/fast/ #71 Anorexia is bad edition

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0

>WHY SHOULD I FAST?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
Mix 2,000mg of lite salt & pink salt into a liter of water and drink that throughout the day. This is like Gatorade without the sugar, it'll keep you hydrated.
youtube.com/watch?v=8Ox9WXFcNIY

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>WHAT IS DRY FASTING? WONT I DEHYDRATE MYSELF?
No food or water consumption. Try this after your first water fast if you want. It's the fastest way to ketosis and autophagy.The longest record is 18 days. (Don't fucking dry fast for 18 days. 3-5 max)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreas_Mihavecz

>More dry fasting info
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/
youtube.com/watch?v=81a10sZ4duU&t

Other urls found in this thread:

idmprogram.com/fasting-and-muscle-mass-fasting-part-14/)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

71 threads and not a single produced result from an actual lifter instead of fatties and lanklets. Fasting is a joke.

What results are you expecting from weight loss other than weight loss?

an actual muscled person keeping his gains after fasting, but we all know that never happens.

What is the safest way to develop an eating disorder?

You don't lose all of your gains if you're working out between fasts.

can someone explain to me whether fasting is a meme or not
i keep seeing mostly fucking obviously retarded posts amongst a few serious sounding posts

So I'm down 10lbs in about 10 days. Very nice progress. I'm actually speeding up since I got sick at the end and it ruined my appetite, now I'm not sick but still don't have an appetite and have been able to only eat when my stomach is preventing me from falling asleep.

haha IM an ACTUAL LIFTER and YOU are just FATTIES and LANKLETS god forbid somebody burst my BUBBLE and tell me that the board is called Veeky Forums - FITNESS and not /pfaw/ - PRETENTIOUS FAGGOT ATTENTION WHORING!

Also it's funny because you probably don't even lift as much as me. My 1rm squat is 405, 1rm dead is 450. What's yours bud?

Today is the last day of my fast. I lost 45 pounds, started at 350.6 and now I'm 305.2. My goal is to get to 200. In January I will be doing OMAD at the beginning. Then, OMAW for lent. Any advice on want I should do? All of December I hardly did any exercise, so I want to do cardio. Can anyone recommend me a routine?

10 days wow that's great, I've only done half that. I get the sickness you're talking about, you just nee to recover which for me it's probably going to take 2 days, don't know what the frame would be for a full 10 day fast.

>If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
What counts as lean? 15% BF?

Lost 5 ponds in 4 dayus. Good shit.

Fastlet detected

Retarded question here:
What sort of losses can I expect on a day-to-day basis on a fast? .5lb? 1lb?

first few days won't be anything, next water weight so 2-3lb, then 1lb a day depending on your TDEE and daily activity

What answer are you looking for, specifically?

Fasting is one of the oldest spiritual practices on record, and has a host of clinically established benefits that make it worth considering as part of a health and fitness protocol.

It has pseudoscience-spouting acolytes just like every single other thing in the health/fitness/weight-loss world. But that doesn't invalidate the core premise.

I'm looking for whether it's a viable option for weight loss when attempting to build more muscle on the body for looks purposes, i see the information lines in the op saying it is but then i hear "7 day dry fast" and shit like that.
I know body builders sometimes cut water for a day before shows to look better, but i've never heard of anyone cutting food.

Extended fasting is considered muscle sparing (source with clinical references: idmprogram.com/fasting-and-muscle-mass-fasting-part-14/)

Intermittent fasting (eight hour window) is popular for people who want some fasting benefits while still lifting every day.

Dry fasting seems like a meme. I fast with tons of water.

thank you for being so helpful.
really appreciate it

for everyone who doesn't have the testicular fortitude to fast hard and long, OMAD produces the following results

195lb to 160lb (35lbs in 75 days, not hard)

keep an eye on your blood pressure lads, fasting lowers mine a lot and you don't want to pass out and hit your head. it can happen.

Doing intermittent fasting, now, should I keto or not Keto, will there but much difference or will it be negligible?

Don't really care about body weight, just wanna go from 14% bodyfat to 7%.

Post result pics then faggot. Not a single cunt on this thread has even proven to keep muscle, only a smaller version of themselves.

Also should mention, working out everyday which is putting my caloric maintenance to roughly 4300kcal

keto isnt necessary and in general theres no need to spike your cholesterol imo.... snake man feels differently

but what if i lack muscles already

your maintenance is nowhere near 4300 cals.

I'm glad you told me; because why on earth would I tell the truth on a basket weaving forum.

102kg at 14% bodyfat, 6'0, heavy workouts every day. Maintenance includes workouts.

you should stop lieing then, even basket weavers have honor.

>only have a few water bottles left in my fridge
>I accidentally got myself dehydrated after fasting and now I'm breezing through these bottles
help I don't want to go outside

here's what 6'0, 90kg looks like at 5% body fat

In theory, you are literally this guy if you are 102kg at 14% body fat at the same height.

If you don't post pic, your maintenance is not 4300 fucking calories

forgot pic cause im a gay retard

>70 hours in on a 72 hour fast
>Nothing seems appetizing
>Spent all last night awake waiting to eat

Is this normal?

>cigarettes in his hand
trashed

>Not appreciating 70 year old cigarettes
You're not nice.

I'm not posting a pic you homo, that dude looks roided as hell too. I'm saying exactly what the calculator says.

Fuck me lads. I've been losing weight since mid-2016, got down from 140kg to 105kg (6'3" btw). The first 20kg were just CICO and the last 15kg were fasting and keto on eating days. At the start of December I weighed 97kg. I decided (stupidly) to have a break from all that for the holiday season. Basically it was a whole month of stuffing my face with Christmas food and binge drinking.

I told myself I would get back to my routine in 2018, and welp, here I am. And I fucking hate myself. I weighed in at 116kg at the gym this morning. I put on fucking 20kg in a month. (I know that at my size, coming from a state of keto, that there will be a lot of water weight, but still holy shit)

So today starts my 2 week water fast. The longest I've ever done is 7 days, so it will be a challenge. After that I'm gonna go back to 4 days IF keto, 3 days fasting a week until I'm at my goal. Why do I do this to myself :(

no, if you are roided to hell, you look like pic related. The other dude is just extremely fucking lean, probably from DNP

enjoy your weight gain eating 4300 calories dude.... that's more than a cyclist.

dry fast for 2 days and youll lose 4kg minimum

Nah Imma stick to water fasting. Not saying that dry fastings bad, but I don't wanna take the risk. Going from what I've been eating (high carbs and sugar) to water fasting guarantees I will drop 4kg in 2-3 days anyway.

good luck brotha :) no worries. dry fasting just works so much better for me. I go hyponatremic in like 5 hours of water fasting and it sucks donkey dick

anyone else here have an actual eating disorder? I have unironically been losing weight because of the onion threads (fasting wasn't working anymore). I have 2 days a week where I ONLY eat onions and nothing else. I call them my 'Allium Amplifications' because they allow me to amplify my weight loss whilst eating normally on other days hahaha. I have even started posting envelopes filled with slices of onion to my obese next door neighbour to shame him because he isn't onion dieting.

Uh... how tall are you?

Do keto or your cut will be catabolic

Someone redpill me on onions. I've come back to this board after 3 months and suddenly everybody is shrek.

6'0

How bad is spiking insulin during fasting? Weight loss slows down?

Yeah, you're going to die.

Quick question that probably has an obvious answer but say that I’m doing a 5-6 day workout week

Should I squeeze my recommended calorie intake into the 8 hour eating window or should I really only have the calorie equivalent of 2 meals

All I mean is does fasting mean I should eat less when being very active or eat the same amount but just in a smaller timeframe?

someone made a thread with a small study about onions and everybody agreed to meme people into eating them for laughs, your welcome for saving yourself time.

Should I dry fasting after the binge new year's eve session? The bloating should be reduced in this way I think.

>does fasting mean I should eat less when being very active or eat the same amount but just in a smaller timeframe
If you're eating anything, you aren't fasting.

>Break my fast after 4 days
>Eat a peanut butter sandwich
>Feel like vomiting

WHAT IS GOING ON

Day 2 is a piece of cake, too. Makes me think I might be doing something wrong.

Snake man has a 3000 calorie per week program for fatties. Would it be practical to just not eat until I'm lean, or will I drop dead without a 3000 calorie meal every seven days?

So lemme get this straight...

>mix 2,000mg of lite salt and 2000mg of pink salt in a liter of water
>drink that throughout the day
>do light exercises
>lose fat but maintain muscle

am I missing anything?

that OMAD seems like the exact opposite of what the video was suggesting to do.

I have about %15 body fat if that's relevant

Maybe start with a soup next time.

You're not 14% lad,

I just completed my first ever fast... 72h, on snake juice.

Broke it one hour ago. I am stuffed.

Food tasted great. Lamb roast, with peppers and onions sautéed in olive oil, raw whole milk.

I found i was chewing way slower and more completely than normal, which was interesting.

I'll eat a bit more tonight with friends for NYE, and then resume fasting tomorrow.

My keto stix should arrive this week.

You can get keto test sticks at your local pharmacy. There was no need to order them online.

>You can get keto test sticks at your local pharmacy. There was no need to order them online.

Thanks user. I'll keep that in mind for the future.

Who else is gonna eat like a pig today and then make a 7 day fast here?

not where i live ;^)

>50 hours in on a water fast
>did two days of OMAD beforehand, just steak and eggs. Keto strips were positive at the fast start.
>down 8 lbs so far

people have said coffee and tea are fine on a water fast. Am I fucking something up by drinking 3 cups of coffee and 2 cups of tea per day?

I'm on day 4 of my first fast and I haven't felt hungry at all yet. Is it safe to keep fasting until I feel like eating?

If you've lost 8lbs so far you're probably good. Do you fast/OMAD consistently or is this your first time? If it is your first time, you may just be losing water weight.

You'll never feel like eating but you'll lose energy eventually and start to feel sick and have sleepless nights. Want to go zombie mode, see how long you can last.

Yeah I'm sure that 5 lbs were water as the holiday eating and drinking caused some bloat.
A decade ago I did 3 days strictly water and it was unbearable. Caffeine is making this one a lot easier. Getting to 7 days seems possible this time around.

visible abs if man, so 10% or less

Intermittent fasting is as simple as not eating for 16 hours a day?

That's the pussy version but yes

Can you teach me the optimal way?

You either go One Meal A Day with a 1 to 2 hour eating window or at least a 4 hour eating window at lowest

Started my 7 day dry fast, wish me luck bois

I'm super thirsty, mouth is dry and my nose and eyes won't stop dripping. Am I kill?

Did you prep at all? I want to do that but if I do that I'm gonna prep and eat a shit ton the day before

i ate so much fruit my belly is round, gonna take some pics for before/after to post here when i finish

I mean did you do any of that snake juice shit and I plan to munch out with the some fucking chips before I feel like dying for 7 days

just a shitload of water/fruit and a teaspoon of baking soda

I practice martial arts 4 times a week and lift heavy 3 times a week.
Will I broke myself if I go for a 5-7 day fast?I am 183cm and 90kg 15-18%bf btw.

Alright man you've inspired me to do this shit, imma eat some terrible shit today and then go on that dry fast,good luck man!

49 hours without eating and counting. Happy New Year, bros!

Happy new years man! good luck on that shit!

keep up the good work and a happy new year to you as well

>tfw day one complete

WHO HERE IS READY FOR NO JOULE JANUARY???

who here /noteatingfortheentiremonthofjanuary/

ME. I AM.

god bless you and good luck user

never forget, when the moment comes and you contemplate ending the fast for some cheeky burgers

ITS NEVER WORTH IT. being a fukin loser was last year

>tfw got to shoot a steyr aug once

shit was comfy. I need to add one to my collection.

Are there supplements or vitamins I can take instead of using snake juice? It would be a lot more convenient not having to prep 2-3 liters and taking them to work.

bleach and ammonia

May I know whats is this snake juice?

The stuff in the op. Salt, and no salt

Day one of fast. Started nursing snake juice to get mind off hunger. Ended up drinking the whole liter in an hour. Will that fuck myself?

Do I have to worry about shitting my pants on a water fast?

>OMAD
how much calories is this? 100% of maintenance?

depends on how much weight you want to lose or gain

I'm doing a water fast. I am a fat fuck, so I literally haven't eaten anything in about 15 days. I felt like absolute shit for the first seven. Now I don't feel as bad. I get in a very lite jog every day, as well as some lifting.
I've already started losing some visible weight, but I'm not sure if I'm already doing it for too long.

Should I keep going until I feel absolutely awful then eat, or should I eat once every seven days or some shit?

im at 20% bfat, so i dont eat then til i see my abs? also i do resistance training, can i have my black coffee / pre workout?

Think of it this way, if you can get through five days without it happening, it's fine.

Basically if you feel like you're gonna fart, don't do it. Go to the toilet, and fart on the toilet.

pretty much eat at a deficit or not at all