QTDDTOT - New Year's Edition

old thread reached bump limit

How many Sets x Reps should I do for a tricep isolation? I'm so used to 3x5 for everything but I know that isolations work differently than compounds.

Still lifting novice weights more or less but trying to get strong asap, plan on bulking for at-least 15 lbs.

Other urls found in this thread:

newbie-fitness.blogspot.com.es/2007/01/stripped-5x5.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

looks like an EZ-deadlift bar that someone misplaced.

go to a fucking doctor

Sounds like you're getting poor sleep. When do you go to bed, what's your workload like, and when do you wake up?

For a long time it was thought that you need 1g/lb of protein to reach maximal protein synthesis, but it's since been disproven. The most the average body can use is about 0.82g/lb, so no need to go overboard. For a 200 lb person they'd be fine with 165g or protein, and so on.

Any tips to reduce the bloating of all the food consumed in new year's eve?
What can do before / after?
I just do a high rep workout before the night. Should I drink more or less water before and during meals? Dry fasting after?

how about don't eat like a fucking pig

whats the difference between a barbell and a dumbbell?

Reposting because I didn't get any responses, but how trash is this program? Also I know doing three sets of failure pullups every day seems like a lot but I already do a fuck ton because I like them

Well this is only day I eat like a pig (besides birthday)

Is there any disadvantage to using mats underneath the plates on a deadlift? Mostly to cushin the drop so i'm not slamming shit on the ground

Due to medical reasons I cant lift more than 30% of my 1RM can I bulk with this, gain strength etc? Or should I just stop lifting?

Btw this is what the team of doctors agreed I can safely do.

Unless you're having a problem activating a muscle then isolations will not be worth your time for strength training

Are gyms normally open New Years Day?

Where do you guys source your fish? What kinds do you go for? What price ranges?

For reference, I am in Australia.

If you like them, do them.

Personally I'm not a fan due to the mass bicep work, no side lat work, no progression schema, low leg push volume etc.

Canned mackarel
2 dollars per can
4 portions
19 grams of protein per portion

If you have a team of doctors, why are you asking fit?

Regardless, if your intensity (weight) is going to be low, you need to up the volume and frequency.

Anyone have any advice for Pendlay rows? Trying to add a horizontal pull movement for lats but I can't seem to keep my back straight for long.

Aussie here too
Coles branded canned tuna in lemon juice is pretty alright.
Admittedly i do squeeze out the brine, but they're like 70cent per can.

If not i go tomato mackerel
(King Oscar brand)

As for dinnerfishies you can get 6 huge frozen basa fillets for 5 dollars at woollies.
Basa is surprisingly high in protein too actually.

Standard chest up queue. Just start light. If you can't keep your back straight then the weight is likely too high and you need to work up to that level.

Cheers for the responses. I should have clarified that I enjoy canned salmon, so I'm covered there. Was looking at the fresh variants.

Is the Frozen Basa crumbed?

Assuming you're not baiting

a barbell is a large metal bar weighing 45 lbs (20kg) with areas for loadable weights that is meant to be used with both hands. Dumbbells are small metal bars usually pre-weighted in increments of 2.5lbs (1-ish kg) that are typically meant to be used with a single hand each.

No, the frozen basa is skinned and deboned, that's it!
cheers

cheers mate

if i do dive bomb pushups every day will that be enought to get me jacked in a reasonable ammount of time

What can you do to minimise colds and flues that you have throughout the year?

definately not

please help,

squatlet here. why the fuck are my squats so weak? I can bench 2pl8, dead lift 2.5pl8, but i'm barely hittin 165 on my squats.all 5x5

210 lbs 6'1 26 y.o

can you guys recommend a lifting knee brace?

How do I get to Fridgemode?

Anytime Fitness is.

>bench almost as much as your deadlift
Fuark user. Spend less time on curlbro lifts

I appreciate the input. I had figured the pullups hit lats in general? Is there a specific pullup form that targets them more? Also in regards to the bicep/arm volume/low leg volume, I was a sprinter for most of my life so my body is really lower heavy. I put this together with the hopes of growing my upper body in general.

Guys what do I say... s(he)'s so beautiful.

Maybe ask her if she's watched The Thing? Just imagine spooning with her and having her press her little but against you in the scary bits.

Help Lads, in doing icf 5x5 and I went to different gym today cause mine was closed.

I was meant to bench 67.5kg for 5x5 but instead I did 72.5kg for 5x5.
The last reps were a bit grindy but they were good enough.

Next workouts should I bench 75 or 70??? What do lads???

>tranny

id do the max that you can do. if you can't finish the set, bump down the weight a bit

>The last reps were a bit grindy but they were good enough.
I would say stay at 72.5 again but try doing 6-8 reps on the last 1 or 2 sets (or all of them if you're feeling good).
But what do I know, I'm stalling on lmao60kg doing greyskull and trying to bone a qt transgirl on tinder..

>them man hands

>vegan

>Implying you wouldn't...
Don't look too manly, she's definitely passing.
>The absolute state of Australian men

Don't worry breh I'm gonna feed her my bratwurst

Aight I'll probably do 7x5 cheers bros

i would

Fug she's hot

disgusting but I'll give him props for being the most convincing tranny I've seen desu. I'd almost find it hard to believe if I didn't see her hands (and was looking for signs)

I mean his hands. Fuck.

Does anyone know anything about green toenail syndrome apparently cause by bacteria Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Has anyone ever dealt with this/ has advice? I got some lotrimin ultra today. Was hoping I wouldnt have to get to the nail removal part.

Apparently it's common among cooks, dishwasher and those wearing tight footwear during exercise. I'm like 3/5 on the probability scale.

Injured lower back (right side).
Hurts (moderately) only when I lean forward or left.
Been like that for about a week. No idea if sprained muscle or an actual disc slip or something.
My numbers aren't even big. I was trying to low bar squat 200lbs. It was my first or second session switching from high bar.
Pls what do

Sounds like a standard injury. Lay off the weights for 2 weeks and come back.

Alright, but can I at least do upper body exercises?

I would like to say yes but the lower back kind of is used in everything. Best to be on the safe side than lose even more if your gains

I hear you user, thanks

What's ONE (1) barbell/dumbbell accessory I can add to this each day? Bench and OHP need help the most.

Bicep curls and literally any tricep exercise

incline bench either barbell or dumbell

Is it enough to train each muscle group 1 time a week? Or should i hit chest, back legs etc 2 times a week?

enough for what?

So i do a full body 2 hour + workout every other day like
>A B A B A BA
and i do 30 mins of cardio on every off day
is there a way i could work more lifting in? i know it takes 48 hours to recover but i need to do more.

>11thousand km away

no chance, but fuck me that's a cute tranny.

I want aethetics if thats what younare asking about? I wanna look good and big

What kind of rep scheme and progression is good for neck curls?

how much does being keto actually matter for a cut?

0%. Keto is just a method of diet.

ah, thanks.

>fug she’s hot
>she

Cmon now. It’s a pre op. Stop pushing the narrative.

What workout plan should I be doing as a skinny, weak and somewhat lanky ass person? I can't even do any basic workout that I've found on Veeky Forums or really elsewhere without even being able to complete it. I can't even bench the bar itself.

SS.

READ THE STICKY

Woolies is such a good cunt like that

What's better for training hamstrings. Diddly or squats?

Diddles

Hi i was in a cut for 5 months, lost 30 kg, finally made it to 10% bf but because of the fucking Christmas, i have been eating really bad 8 fucking days, i literally cant see me abs now and im more fat and undefinned, all the effort for nothing, i just really want to kill myself seriously because all the effort go away in only a few days, im really depressed because of this, how much time do you thinkcit will get to go again to 10%? Considering im around 20-25 % bf now, got too nany kgs and fat in only 8 days im so depressed dammit all effort for nothing, 160 days of 1000 kcal daily, run and lift for went away in 8 days, any help please? Thanks

It's cool it's mostly to protect the floor If anything

Basically what this dude said. More volume on lower body if that's your goal it's ez

Advice on which way to go?

>5'7, 71kg/156lb
Bench: 65kg/143lb 3x5
Squat: 65kg/143lb 3x5
OHP: 32.5kg/71lb 3x5
DL: 70kg/154lb 3x8

Clearly I'm DYEL as fuck, but should I be eating at a small deficit or surplus?

Surplus bulk up and get strength gains then cut down and do it all over again. Honestly you could eat maintenance and still make strength gains l. I'm guessing at that weight and those lifts you still have some fat on ya. Just keep lifting mostly you'll get there

Cheers, I have been doing a slow bulk but I keep second guessing myself because of the fat, yet I'm hesitant to do maintenance due to wanting this phase done as soon as possible. I was planning on starting a cut in February if it's still bothering me a lot. Does that sound reasonable?

Is weights day -> cardio day -> rest day a good schedule? I've only really done cardio up until now so my weight routine is very basic and I don't know what I'm doing.

Yeah that sounds fine just really put in that time this month and get some quality muscle on ya. Then cut in Feb and see where you can go from there gl m8

Yeah that's fine whatever suits you really. You can always modify it depending on what your goals are

My goals aren't very lofty at all, just to run a decent distance without feeling like I'm going to die and to be able to look decent when shirtless. The latter is killing me because I barely have fat anywhere except my fucking stomach.

Come on, man. It's called a cheat day, not a cheat week. You should've gone into maintenance when you reached 10%. Don't see being healthy and fit as something you accomplish and forget about, it's a lifestyle change and routine that you have to stick with.

I'm sorry I can't give you any consolation, other then that you might not have gained as much fat as you think. All you can do is count your losses, learn from your mistakes and get right back into it.

Focus on compounds and your form and you'll notice some change if you keep at it. Just make sure to not run yourself into a deficit on your cardio days and to eat plenty. May want to throw some isolations in once you really get the hang of a routine or whatever

Curls and Dumbbell Triceps Extension

For bigger arms

>Focus on compounds and your form and you'll notice some change if you keep at it.
Did you reply to the right person?

What's a good way to build quads and glutes with low back pain (herniated disc)?

So I've started with PHUL a month ago and lately the first exercises are affecting the last ones so basically the day I do bench and then ohp when the bench goes up the ohp goes down the same with squat / deadlift.

What should I do?

Anyone in >LONDON?

Know of any massive gyms around? I hate the tiny fitness centres we have here. Looking for something spacious with a lot of equipment. Preferably West London

I've been doing 5x5 compound lifts 3 times a week split over 2 routine days. So one day for back & one for chest/arms in rotation over and over.

Could I add in 3x12 hypertrophy sets at the end of the workout for arms/chest if I did 5x5 back that day?

Hope that makes sense. P.s. I do squats and leg machines most days at the end so I'm not neglecting legs.

How much weight should I aim to gain per week for a good bulk?

anyone know ratio's of rip squat vs high bar oly squat? I do high bar oly and my numbers for squat are way lower than some guys on here who have 1:1 SQ:DL ratios

where can I get high quality photos of shirtless men (celebrities preferred) are fitness magazines my only choice?

When should I change from a begginer routine to an intermediate one? Im using
newbie-fitness.blogspot.com.es/2007/01/stripped-5x5.html since 6 months ago, its probably still early but ill have the same doubts in 6 months anyway. I dont know which new routine would be best for me. I guess I want to look good but I also want to be strong? Sticky is getting a bit old.

Why do beginner routines tell you to do compounds 2 or even 3x a week? Surely I'll still have doms and wont be able to even approach the volume i'd be doing if it was 1x per week.

What app do you use for interval training programs?

I'm cycling

I disagree somewhat.

Nobody intent on having a big Press or Bench ever wished for smaller triceps.

That said you're better off with stuff like close grip bench and skullcrushers than you are with pushdowns and kickbacks.

First of all rehabbing your injury takes priority over getting swole. Take care of one goal first, then move to the next.
That said, there are probably exercises that you can tolerate. You're pretty much going to have to experiment.
Single leg exercises reduce the loads on your low back while still working your legs hard, so those are often a good place to start.

Probably fine. You can always add stuff in gradually and see how it goes. Just revert the changes if you don't like it.

>ratio's of rip squat vs high bar oly squat
Don't really exist because people's squats look very different due to individual anthropometry.

>When should I change from a begginer routine to an intermediate one?
Once the plan you're currently on is no longer working.
If you're making gains, keep doing what you're doing. If not, time for a change. Simple.

DOMS disappear when lifting at a higher frequency.
There are many important important details to this discussion though. Create a thread.

after phracks greyskull lp what do I move onto?

Is it retarded to train all muscles with 5×5?
I know that most people do 5×5 squats, bench press, deadlifts, ohp but is it wrong to train abs, triceps, forearm, calves, traps, etc with 5×5?

I have two 20lb dumbbells

What dumbbell exercise circuit should I do every day first thing when I wake up and again before bed?