What is your pull up max?

What is your pull up max?

1pl8

1/2 rep

Can do 5x5 with 60kg strapped on me.

I'm 5'7 - 72kg 10% bodyfat with 17 inch arms.

0. I still need to work on my upper body strength, or try to loose more weight.

Stop talking in europe numbers, this is America

6'3" 190

I can do a 1 arm pullup

These are chin-ups, not pullups (should prob mention)

■◇》《▪▪▪▪▪€£¥₩

1/2 rep. Maybe 1 if I scream and faint.

im like 190 pounds (mostly fat) and I can do 10 pullups

Probably 10 - 12 reps. Haven't done a pull up in years and weigh 111kg @ 195cm.
Could probably do 25-30 chin ups.

Damn girl, that's badass. What were your max reps when you could do a one armed pull up?

12. Planning on bumping that up to 18 in the next couple months though

6 when I was 14.

Now it's like 3.

I'm 19 now.

What do.

>What do
More pull-ups.

Seriously though, try greasing the groove or something.

I can only do like 10 but if I rest a bit I can do many sets

16 when I EASd back in July..haven't done any since

0. Working on negatives right now.

5 reps bw

I do 3x10

Do you regret not reenlisting? I'm wondering because I'm not sure if it's worth it

6, been using an assisted pullup machine at the gym and getting close to doing 5x5 no assistance. down to a 20 pound assist

I can do like 10 @ 85kg. Did too many the other day and now my elbows are on fire.

>all these civvies with weak max sets

oh fuck off lol

theres a few military brahs at my gym and im stronger than all of them

What should it be? I weigh 72kg

>all these high numbers
Are you guys half-repping or what?

No, pull ups are easy

220lbs bw x 8-10 depending on the day. I do full range of motion though from a dead hang, I feel like many people half ass their reps or kip a bit.

23. 6'0", 170 lbs

>pull ups are good indicator of strength
Not if you don't train them.
I can probably do 10 - 12 pull ups, but can squat 230kgx5 and push press 145kgx3.

Pull ups are a good indicator of functional strength. You're a lot more likely to need to vault yourself over something in a life threatening scenario than squat under a lot of weight

This. Aside from weight training, train things that are applicable in real life.

chances are you're not doing an actual pullup with full extended arms and no kipping

Lads, are pull-ups harder on bars which ends are angled/bent/curved, or am I fucking my own mind?

I'll use my legs to vault over something along with my upper body. If I started training pull ups properly, I'd get to 20 within a month easily. I prefer chin ups for the bicep hypertrophy, could probably do 30 chin ups.

Being in shape and capable should mean being able to pop out 5-10 pull ups, sure

doing 20+ pull ups isn't an indicator of anything other than being small and doing lots of pull ups. you're life or well being will never depend on dead hanging from a bar 20+ times and bringing the edge of your chin above it

I'm 6'1" and 175 lbs and can do 25

I would think they would be easier. I bet the curve makes you actually set your arms wide instead of should width. Wide grip will focus more on your lats/rhomboids at a rough angle instead of your biceps and makes it harder.

>175 lbs

yes, that is small in the weightlifting world

back when I was a retard and was planning on joining the marines I dropped down to 190lbs to get my pull up numbers up, considering I have long arms and am a little bit taller than you. I was sacrificing so much of my fitness just for that retarded physical metric that retarded branch uses

one million reps

Lol I bet you can't run an 18 minute 3 mile either

prob not, I don't run distances more than a mile while bulking ;)

I’ll answer for him....Fuck No

Oh lordy it's the cardio kills gains meme

and I should be training a three mile run time because... ?

5x8 or propably like 11 in one set @ 85kg

So you can be fit enough to kill hajis

hmmm, but the army says 1.5 mile runs are the optimal measurement of haji killing

who's right? how long must you run at a haji in short shorts until they die?

Why are you accepting the standards of the fattest military branch?

175lbs at 6'1 is literally skeleton. Also, the lighter you are, the easier it is to do bodyweight exercises.

I'm not accepting any measurements, I'm waiting for the definitive answer on what distant you have to run in short shorts until you vanquish the enemy

>I'm not accepting any measurements
you literally said you're basing your fitness standards around the weakest, fatass branch on the planet.

I'm just pointing out that another branch which is much better at haji killing has a different answer to the question, does that trigger you? Are you made uncomfortable that there are branches other than the muhreens and that they are better at doing military things?

I did one pull up with 90lbs on my belt yesterday.
I'm 5'9" and 175lbs.
I've never tried weighted chinups, but I think I might switch over since I could probably do more weight.

First of all I never even said I was a Marine, so eat a dick soldier

Second, the army has the power of money to roll over ragheads with tanks and missiles, so physical fitness isn't relevant to them anyway

come on, I'm not retarded enough to have joined ;)

But you're right, running is irrelevant to warfare, I'm glad you finally got there

264 pounds x3

At that weight you must be a freaking God to pull off 30 chin-ups

More like 3...

>physical fitness serves no benefit to killing another man

>ironic strawmen

You can't give every man a 10 million dollar tank, stupid

Wouldn't it be cool to not get fatigued and gunned down in a firefight?

I've been doing chin ups regularly since I started lifting. 30 is probably pushing it, 25 done fast I think I could just about manage with some grinded reps. Did 3x15 today pretty easily.

I've honestly no idea what your point is anymore. You brought up tanks, because that's your go to example of why the army is more effective than the marine corps due to money? So everyone in the army has a tank, which we can't do? What?

If you're not a muhreentard you should just stop already, you shouldn't be getting triggered over this if you weren't forced to waste years of your life for some shitty organization

I am a Marine, I was just pointing out that beforehand I never even brought that up, you did. I'm saying that tanks are great and all, but not everyone can have one because they cost a fuckload of money. That means it's important for infantrymen to stay in peak physical shape. Given that the Marine Corps are the most successful conventional fighting force on earth, I think we know what we're talking about when it comes to fitness standards. Now eat my ass, nerd

>Given that the Marine Corps are the most successful conventional fighting force on earth,
>couldn't beat jungle gooks or sand niggers
>successful

whats kipping?

"Why in hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can. They are the same kind of men; why can't they be like Marines."

>quoted from a US Army General

>couldn't beat sand niggers
We're still in the sandbox with no intention of leaving, fool. Stomping on hajis is our pastime.

"I read with a lot of interest your letter in regard to the Marine Corps. For your information the Marine Corps is the Navy's police force and as long as I am President that is what it will remain. They have a propaganda machine that is almost equal to Stalin's."

-Truman

I'm sorry you fell for the meme buddy, bear whatever time you have left and try not to kill yourself when you realize what you did with the past 4 years

Truman was in the Army

max ever done was 34 @ 70kgs early 2017.
Done this during the period where i was training to complete 1000 pull ups in a day with some friends.

My first set I can do 12 proper slow pull ups but the 2 sets after that it gets to max 5. I rest for about 90seconds. Is this normal?

Around 10 or 11. It's nothing crazy but 6 months ago I was barely able to do one or two reps, so I'm happy with the progress.

>Stop talking in europe numbers, this is America
stop being retarded. the rest of the world uses the metric system you imperial scum

Eurofag

I can do 3x5 with 90 lbs.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaahahahahahahahah what the FUCK is all this pl8 5x5 kg shit? what the fuck am I reading????? it's just a number, I can only do about 3 or 4. simple. lol cheeses christ you guys.

Like 10. I want to get to 20, but my progress slowed down in last couple of months.
On the bright side, I could only do like 2 push-ups at the start of the 2017

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERYBODY ABOVE THIS LINE GOT TROLLED.

WHAT IS YOUR NON-KIPPING PULL-UP MAX?

has your country been to the moon

once i broke 30 i switched to weighted, now at 3x5 1pl8

>175lbs at 6'1 is literally skeleton
kek I'm 6,1 and 120lbs

a few reps with 50kg at 95kgbw

Going to the moon justifies using backwards units.
Good job america

>in before a dozen LARPing faggot powerlifters who claim they only do weighted chinups
>In before the dozen or so fat ass weakling powerlifters/"strength trainers" who wear weighted belts and chains and think they really busted ass with their 3x5 chinups. Not knowing that truly athletic 250+ individuals bust out 10-20 no bullshit sets as part of their fucking warm up

Just say your fucking weight, height, and max and move along you fucking wimps.

0 im bloatsmaxxing t bh

>I'm 19 now.

are you talking about that country that used metric to go to the moon and keep imperial because the pople is too retarded to change?

I'm 6'3" 240+ lbs and can bang out 22 on a good day.
Dudes who say that are oft fat weak faggots with no strength endurance.
The kind of pussies who are content with their 400+ pound bench press and getting fat because it makes them LOOK bigger.

rotterdam?

Post physique to inspire your fellow manlet

youre talkin about muscle up tough
if you hold to cliff edge and can only do pullup you evntually get tired and fall. you need to go muscel up to lift yourself out of there.

>5'8
>135 pounds
>1 pullup
How do i fix this mess brehs, i can OHP lmao1pl8 for reps but not do pullups

8 with 1 pl8
@82kg bw

Like 3 fingertip ones. Only have a doorway.

8 pull ups, with good form and full Rom
I'm 6'2 , 185 lbs