Have you ever tried waterfasting? Does it work?

Have you ever tried waterfasting? Does it work?

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/sh/2hpe2vshm9awzrr/AAD6q4_BJ1Dx53zwLI5_mPtJa?dl=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

le hotler xd

wtf is this

You mean taking in less calories than you expend every day? Yeah a few people have tried it, seems to work okay

>Have you ever tried waterfasting?
Yes. I fasted for 5 days.
>Does it work?
Yes.

alex jones.

it works but you will lose all your gains

who?

>Does it work?
For what?

It does but your initial weight loss is sugar and water (waterweight) and will be gained back as soon as you eat carbs.

What effect did it have on you? Were you able to do your job during it?

I fasted for 2 days. After the first 24 hours I didnt feel hungry anymore. I was going to go for 4 days but during day 3 I farted and sharted out brown water.

If you're a fat ass with a sugar addiction a 24 hour fast can help you learn your self esteem, can't say if it had any other effect on me though.

Did an 8 day water fast last summer.

Started at 177lbs 15% BF
Ended at 164lbs 13%BF

My car had broken down so every morning and afternoon I was biking 40 mins (flat) to work, teaching an hour old women's aerobic class (so not too intense), then lounging around at a desk until biking 40 mins back home.

First 3 days were fine as I do intermittent fasting anyways normally not eating until 14:00. The last 2 full days were agony due to actually boredom. Made me realize just how much time I put in to planning meals, prepping meals, eating, then sitting around full afterwards.

Final morning I looked and felt like complete and utter garbage.

Interesting note was that no matter how tired or lethargic I felt on the last few mornings, as soon as I started doing exercise moving weight getting heart rate up I felt totally normal.

Also got bloodwork done before the fast, the morning of the final day of the fast, one month after the fast of NOT fasting (eating 3 meals a day instead of 2) and then after 2 weeks of returning to my usual intermittent fasting.

Would anyone be interested in seeing those results to see what water fasting actually does to your body chemistry?
Shame I couldn't get a hormone profile before and after. I will very likely do it again this coming summer and get hormone work done too.

Internment fasting is better

im interested. Have you tried black fasting?care to explain?

I completed a 43 day fast from september 30th to november 13th, it was my first attempt at fasting.

My starting weight was 262lb and I dropped down to 198lb on the day of breaking the fast, I went back upto 205lb in the next 1-2 days, assuming its water weight.

gained a bit of christmas weight between now and then going upto 209, but i have been fasting since the 27th of december, I am now 199lb (again, likely only 3-ish pounds of fat lost atm, rest is water weight), I plan to fast for the majority of january.

My height is 5'9 and I have a large frame so a healthy weight range I'm going for is around 150-160lb.

The only things I consumed were water/sparkling water (no artifical sweeteners added)/coffee during first 2-3 days and supplemented daily with electrolytes and vitamins after the first week

My electrolyte pills covered rda for potassium/magnesium/sodium and chloride.

My vitamins were a general a-z multivitamin, b complex covering b1-b12, biotin, vitamin D.

I worked a physical labour job during the fast, which had me on my feet for 35 hours a week, i averaged 12-13 miles of walking on those days, on days i wasnt working, i did 2-3 miles of low impact cardio and did some free weight lifting with a 15kg dumbbell covering arm/back exercises

dropbox.com/sh/2hpe2vshm9awzrr/AAD6q4_BJ1Dx53zwLI5_mPtJa?dl=0

It's relatively annoying to manoeuvre the folders, but I'm certain I labelled the numbers to match accordingly the results from each sample.

If anyone reads through this and finds some cool correlations or insights, I would be stoked to know.

Very nice work, that's impressive!

Water fasting is great for people who genuinely need to shed some serious weight. This is of course anecdotal from my experience. I definitely lost a fair amount of muscle mass and strength.

That being said: the mass I put back on was LEAN and I felt absolutely incredible for months and months afterwards (still feeling awesome)
Fairly certain I genocided undesirable gut microbiota and reestablished it with quality stuff.

No source, just my thoughts.

Well I have several years of experience in data analysis, mostly medical data, and I would be interested in at least a glimpse into these data but I'm not going to transcribe them by hand or get into doing OCR.

>eating carbs
Get a load of this fool. I bet you weigh 300lbs

Or forget it there really isn't much to see here.

Interesting ketone bodies in urine after fast, perhaps expected. Interesting also that your lipids appear to be a bit worse after the fast than before or 1-2 weeks after but I wouldn't make too much of that.

Started last thursday. 48 hour fast with one meal before work outs. Went from 243 to 238 so far. Today was a meal day though so I will see where I am tonight.

>Internment fasting

Gas Wars: The Last Jude
was such a garbage I was literally in shock.