BRAIN GAINS

>2018
>brain fitness
What do you guys do for your brain health?

I was thinking of trying a piracetam cycle for the next 3 months, since it's the most promising "noot" for cognitive gains.

Other urls found in this thread:

selfcontrolapp.com/
coursera.org/learn/mathematical-thinking
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risk_(statistics)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tfw +120 iq

In 2018 I'll be continuing the project of re-training my brain to think deeply and focus for longer periods of time.

Internet/smartphone/vidya stuff are all like fast-acting pills, they give you a quick hit of dopamine due to unending novelty and endless, immediate stimulation. But your brain starts to expect the world to be more like that. It gets to the point where even a 45-second YouTube video is too long, you're skipping through it trying to find the good parts.

And as for reading books, the very best thing you can do for your brain? Back in my full-blown distraction addiction days, I was lucky to make it 2-3 pages before checking my phone or feeling the desire to go online.

Minimal internet, no smartphone browsing, and tons of reading on my Kindle. I got through about 30 books last year, going for 40 this year.

I read books on my phone desu. what do? am foorfag

and yet here you are :^)

I got a Kindle as an Xmas present last year and it changed my life. Phone reading just isn't the same, way too easy to get distracted. On the Kindle I can put my phone away and just read forever.

I carry it with me wherever I go, so that when I get the urge to whip out a screen, I can read a book instead of messing around on my phone.

It's important to reward yourself with shitposting, vidya, Netflix every once in a while. I read enough, got to get some junk in for variety.

i always get distracted reading from on my phone but i’m too poorfag to afford a kindle, any tips to not get so distracted?

go to a library and read actual books.

> Try to read a book a week.
> Engage in a create hobby everyday (art, programming, etc.)
> Learn new languages.

Has anyone tried aptogens like bacopa, ashwagandha, or shilajit?

i live in a country where they don’t speak my native language or have english books

Rick and morty

do you not own a desktop or laptop? if you do, then download this: selfcontrolapp.com/ - i'm sure there's a PC alternative to this.

if you just have a phone, then get an appblocker.

not this hard, dude.

thanks for the reply.

any suggestions for an app blocker for IOS?

android too if you have any suggestions

Phenibut
Finally found a way to take it everyday without side effects, tolerance or withdrawal
I'm gonna be a fuckin slayer

costs too much where i live

Last year I read 0 books. This year I want to read 10.

oh shit Veeky Forums this is my field. When i was busy with self improvement on physical, mental and emotional levels. i found the mental improvements the easiest.
What i learned really quickly(about 1 yr of hard work and improving) into the journey was thought and thinking patterns. This is something everyone has to overcome themselves in order to open your way to the top. Its like starting with roids, you gotta get on level and use roids if you want to be the best of the best.
The way you (not judging) think at the moment is probably based on the things you see with your eyes and the earthly logic. This is where mathematics come in use, There is a way mathematicians think which is a whole different way of thinking than in other fields. For mathematicians, the outer world looks so simple. The way a mathematician and lets say a law student works is different, for a mathematician its important to get into a momentum that will snowball into the solution (find a thought/model that will bring you to the solution). Where as a law student will have to recall and use the recalled info creatively.
I would recommend a course coursera.org/learn/mathematical-thinking this will help with seeing how you normally think about crap and associate/relate with things.

My second big improving point in getting smart was setting up relations between entities. A piece of data in your brain means nothing, the only meaning it has is the relationship towards other entities. This will come across your way easily, you will get here and it will all be logical.

Dont forget that getting smarter is something exponential, use the willpower and strength you learned from lifting to get brain gains fast(fast is smart within 5 yrs) and easy.

Get a hobby, some scientific field. But dont learn the field by reading what others think about it and like a fcktard just copying that (this is the reason 99% of people will never get braingains). Make up your own thoughts and read about abstractions

i have an iq of 111. How am i holding up guys?

how much will i earn?

IQ means nothing. I have a 120 IQ and am a lazy son of a bitch.

>mathematical thinking

nigga pls, the world is being run by kaballists for a good reason. You are better off studying zen so that you at least have a sense of black swan events...without the schizohprenia accompanied by the improper usage of that lore that many other people have (gnostics also border on that)

IQ is to knowledge what testosterone is to strength.
You'll make bigger gains with high IQ (test), but you'll first need to actively learn (lift).

thank you guys you are so kind. Take this as a thanks

but thats spirituality, that is a whole other spectrum. The reason those kinds of people rule over others is because the others are too lazy to study and grow to get on their level. Its the same as the /r9k/ faggot butthurt over some chad at Veeky Forums. Gotta get on eachothers levels before we can talk. And a hint about the whole political agenda, its nothing new good vs bad, holyness vs satanism, etcetcetc. The centuries old game. Then you also know that only the kabbalist have been ruling over the people only the last 100 years, i dont want to bring this thread offtopic

>derailing the thread with /pol/-tier conspiracies
modafinil or adrafinil?

Adrafinil is hard on the liver
Either armodafinil or modafinil

Listen to hitlers speeches

>Taking brain steroids
Not gonna make it...
Natty 4.0GPA 140iq here

holy shit sauce??

Do you have any experience with the afinils? Does it help you get shit done? What do you think about fl-modafinil instead of armodafinil/modafinil?

I'm the phenibut user
I have high iq as well
It's suffering, if you don't think so then you're lying

>2018
>not taking brain steroids

How do you do it?

Armoda and moda are almost the same, you better try both and choose which one is better for you with lesser side effects
It wakes you up, it's also a stimulant so it motivates you to do and finish things
If you're ADD or sperg, the dopamine from moda will make you more normies
Never tried fl, stick with proven drug

5 grams of fl-modafinil for $30 is around 3 months of afinil and just has a fluoride ring to modafinil to make it grey area/legal, which is considerably cheaper than the avg $3-5 tablets on the market rn and possibly even more effective.

I'd try it if I were you, considering you have experience in taking them. How long have you tried them for? How bad is the tolerance?

It's a really long topic
The key is, phenibut is known as gaba drug but the magic and euphoria is not from gaba but from dopamine
Tolerance built and losing euphoria is because dopamine store is depleted, not related to gaba
So you have to supplement with l-tyrosine the precursor to dopamine
The dose is subjective and depends on many factors including nutrition because dopamine requires a lot if cofactor to produce
I'm currently passionate about this potentially life changing drug, it takes a lt of research but am sure gonna be worth it

Not long and only a couple times, not daily
I get side effects, it seems to lower my immune system, nothing serious tho don't let me scare you from trying, it's safe
Dopamine effect has tolerance but the eugeroic effect is not
Phenibut a lot better if you can make it sustainable desu

sad to see people that love to grind fail to understand how mental gains work. Not knowing what the difference between physical and emotional/mental workings. hint: taking drugs will make you faster/more alert blablabla, but wont give you anything if you dont know hwo to use.
Getting the strongest gun while you never even trained on how to use the gun

Phenibut does nothing to me, I don't typically suffer from anxiety. It seems that most of the people that take Phenibut expect something similar to a benzo or other anti-anxiolytics, I'm looking for something that improves either improves concentration or keeps me awake for longer periods of time, so I can have time to work on personal projects after I'm done with my office dayjob.

>lower immune system
That could be because of the appetite supressing side-effects of modafinil, but if it's truly a concern then I'd consider adding a probiotic or prebiotic. I'm also thinking of adding noopept, since many people have had success in recall from it.

Lion's Mane mushroom supplements

How's your experience been with it? Medicinal mushrooms are hit and miss.

Yes for me phenibut is perfect because it fixes both my deficiency namely low gaba and low dopamine
The modafinil side effects don't occur for everyone so just take it and see is my suggestion

Its just that you dont see anyone with a mathematics profession ruling the world. Yet you see plenty of kaballists. Which means that kabbalism (and probably its less insane offshoots) are superior to your mindset.

A mathematical mindset is not generic enough for real life most likely. Sometimes there is no data, sometimes data becomes corrupt, sometimes new data is added to the pool...and if you think too rigidly then someone who does not, who can go into other areas of life in which mathematics does not work (like emotion and dumb normies) then you are at a huge disadvantage. The only real adversary to kaballism is risk management. Statistical risk management and analysis. (the guys who run insurance things)

>brainlet thelema /pol/-sperg

any examples of scientists hobbies?

>muh numbahs rueeel da world
>"bunch of semetic savages then proceed to run the world on halfbaked egyptian lore"

LOL

>where they don’t speak my native language
So why don't you learn it :-) ? Perfect for brain gains.

>who can go into other areas of life in which mathematics does not work (like emotion and dumb normies) then you are at a huge disadvantage
i experienced this

>The only real adversary to kaballism is risk management. Statistical risk management and analysis.
Im gonna look into risk management. Any keywords i can use to start my journey?

Idk, my hobbies were based on relieving stress. Mostly normie things like friends and experiencing something. But when im alone i play chess and counter strike. Most scientists have kids and their hobbies will most likely involve their kids, either for the gain of their kids or to strengthen the relationship with kids

Electric shock therapy.

learn that language and read their books... For sure that will be a great brain workout

I tried ashwagandha, did wonders for my social anxiety, was able to get over it over time, dont use it regularly anymore, only in very stress full situations. Would deffo recommend if you are socially anxious or have problems dealing with stress.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risk_(statistics)

its theoretical, but I saw quite a lot of "applied to real world mathematics" being used by these guys. The reason why the insurance industry works is solely because they can somehow use math to have a grasp on reality, to have control on it even.

Its just theory but I believe that if you were to go from this mindset, you could probably defeat the kabbalists. The book "black swan event" by taleb nassim is exactly like one of those dudes.

>I'm autistic and am trying to learn how to communicate and be normal with other people
>How do I talk to them? How do I keep and maintain eye contact?

Is it allowed to talk to people in public like at gas stations and other places of business? How do you approach these social situations ?

draw with one hand and write with your other at the same time, van gogh did it

i've been doing it for 2 years now and i can feel the pressure on the inside of my skull when i get a pump

>Is it allowed to talk to people in public like at gas stations and other places of business? How do you approach these social situations ?>>

Trial and error. See what others do and to the same, try not to overthink stuff.
Read "How to Make Friends and Influence People" and check you relevant youtube videos

>i can feel the pressure on the inside of my skull when i get a pump
You should get that checked out, brah

People usually don't talk, they just stand there so I have been doing the same thing

just an addition to the others

>Is it allowed to
this means literally nothing, learning to not care about what others will or might think about you is a really strong character trait

Autist here

How bad is autism? You mean everyone else lives a completely different life than me or is there something else i am missing

Why is autism bad? I live in a routine, I have to stick to the routine

Autism makes you hyper rational and socially retarded. You’re the most annoying person most people will ever come in contact with, and your life will suck because of it, but you’ll be totally oblivious to the cause.

t.jew

I can tell, other people just don't seem to like me for some reason

i know I'm the problem, but don't know how to act and why you would act differently.

I'm learning, I'm fucking opening up. Hmm, only option left is either change and be normal or kys

unless you are a full on retarded, larping brony loving furfag who has like a billion figurines at home, along with a poopsock. You probably are not an autistic person.

"anxiety", "shyness" or whatever are words that were made up in like the last 50 years when society degraded into shit. If a really shitty "psychiatrist" saw healthy behavior...like a pitbul who could not bite a child who was behind a fence...he would call the fence "dogphobic"

I don't connect well with other thing

I just have an empty place and it is always dirty as fuck

>Cannabis has been opening me up
>Not sure how to feel about it
>Don't want to tell my family I know

well, its a bit of a pickle, there certainly exist mental illnesses regardless of societal climates. The problem is that you will most likely be getting the cognition from those who are faulty. And the road to recovery could be much different than what you desire. Autism in some sense is a "hyper masculine" brain. And if a gynocetric society which looks down upon you, it will give you feminine solutions.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

Can you help me with my brain gains anons?

Basically I'm on Prozac for the past 2 years, is this fucking with my brain, making me slow?

How do you treat other people like you are normal? Do you talk to everyone in public?

At some point in life a person has experience, to such an extent that it gives him confidence. If you already know what another person does, how he feels, what kind of hobbies he has, you can choose to engage...or not. Sometimes you encounter something strange and want to learn more, sometimes people advertise stuff...god. Empathy its called and I believe even actual autistic people have some to some degree. People go through life in wanting to acquire more stuff, and other people are in the way of acquired that "more stuff" so at least to me I engage with whom I get this "more stuff" (also money) from. Or maybe even get a discount from. Or maybe even just a small chat to let the time fly faster...

many such subsets and categories which enable me to talk, many more can just be made on the fly (which is probably what you are not capable of doing so well, being creative that is)

I can help with this.

You have an inner dialog? So do I. I say some funny ass shit when I'm just thinking about things on my own. Try relaxing your filter a little bit and letting some of that dialog spill out when in the presence of others. Try to keep it neutrally appropriate (no /pol/-tier shit with strangers obviously). Crack a joke, or make an observation. Sometimes I'm not even directing it to anyone in particular, just voicing my thoughts. Other people hear, and if it tickles them, they'll laugh, or maybe join in conversation with you. Or not. The key here is not taking the world (and especially your self) too seriously. Also, it doesn't have to be a joke necessarily. And don't take it personal if people ignore you (this is the default reaction).

This is what it means to speak your mind. People are often afraid to speak their mind, so it's refreshing when someone isn't.

And with all things, if you do this enough, it forms practice, which allows you to calibrate yourself, and you will get better. If people react negatively, take note, but always remember that it's possible the issue is with them and not with you.

to add to that in its most simple form:

If you see a thread here talking about some faggy thing and you have an opinion. Do you also feel "Anxious" or something dumb like that? No, you may form something to say which is appropriate to the topic, or voice your displeasure. Many such things can be done in response to something. Obviously there are more repercussions in reality since people are huge faggots, but even here there is conformity. You just have to find a means, an a feeling of how to shit on people without getting beat up, imprisoned, or shunned too much (like at a workplace)...that still leaves plenty of dialogue to spare that you can use since reality is so vast and complex and you can fuck over people through its many facets IF YOU ARE CREATIVE.

>What do you guys do for your brain health?
Getting off Veeky Forums, obviously.

Here's a couple practice scenarios:
>You're waiting in a line at the super market, or any routine line (Bank, theater, etc.). You're in a playful mood so you decide to say something. What do you say? (you are allowed to imagine/invent the context for your answer)

>You're in proximity to someone else and you have the urge to say something directed at them. Could be on public transit, could be in a public space, maybe a farmers market or something. You're not interested in getting anything from the interaction beyond the interaction itself. What do you say?

You're talking about purpose-based interaction here. And this is a great stepping stone social interaction, because you can experiment with your social skills on a captive audience.

I have known (and am) quite a few people who have difficulty not only speaking with others for no reason, but even just "hanging out" is impossible for them. These kinds of folks can't understand interaction for the sake of socialization. They need a reason. I had a friend who would always have to be doing something. We couldn't just chill, we had to go see a movie, or go get something to eat, or go on a bike ride. None of those things are bad, but we could never just hang out and enjoy each others company - if we ever did that, he'd have to put a movie on, while we played chess, or something to that effect. He's not a normal person for sure, but to some degree everyone has this mechanism in themselves that discourages them from interaction without a tangible purpose (socialization being an abstract concept). It's partially a defense mechanism, so when they socialize with a merchant, they can always fall back on the fact that they were just there to conduct business in the first place.

Autistic guy here.

Went outside to a store outside of my.routine. I'm losing it just sitting in the car. I'm going for a drive today. I didn't know I was this fucked up

Have to go now. I need to calm down

Lol m I snap my fingers in public to keep my mind fresh and in tune. Others don't do this do they. You need constant house to drown out your mind

Goals for 2018:
>play at least 3 chess tournaments
>improve at least 150 Elo
>reach B2 in German

>If you see a thread here talking about some faggy thing and you have an opinion. Do you also feel "Anxious" or something dumb like that?
yeah I feel apprehensive and anxious, usually I close the tab after posting and get a little flutter in my chest
>you can fuck over people through its many facets IF YOU ARE CREATIVE.
Why would I want to fuck people over?

If your IQ is below 160 you're basically a brainlet.

anyone?

That's an anchor. Some people need it, but it could be anything. Checking your watch is a pretty good example, sometimes I bite my lip.

Stop taking drugs.

Google “Prozac side effects”

But I’m going to go out on a limb and say yes, you’re slow.

How do you exit the mind when in social interactions? Do you say hi and shake their hand?

If you're having trouble doing this, try developing an anchor, or a trigger like:
Kindof like how that guy in inception spins a top to see if he's in a dream or not. Make it something simple and form a habit that basically triggers you to "be in the moment".

Saying 'Hi' could be a good one because it would force a moment, but it might not work in all situations.

>be dyspraxic
>also doing 2.5 years of med school compressed into 1.5 years

I'm suffering rn

does it count if i use the left hand on the mouse when i masturbate?

>dyspraxic
nigger I don't want your retarded ass doing surgery on me when you can't even chew food without difficulty. Fuck off.

I go to school.

So working on those physics/astronomy degrees is my "Brain gains" for the year.

you need to be careful to not accidentally say something stupid. it could happend and you wouldnt even know it but normies would and thats why they dont usually like autists and avoid them.

I take l thealine (200mg/d), have cardio days, weight lifting days and solve a rubiks cube at least 5 times per day

>2018
>Not doing this daily
Good luck with them "brain gainz" bois.

Poor mentality desu.

You can't learn what's appropriate and what's not if you don't experiment. Most of us do it when we're kids and we can get away with outrageous shit without suffering life-threatening consequences. However, even as an adult, it's very difficult to say something so outrageous that it will put you at risk of physical harm. If someone is becoming confrontational, that's a pretty good indicator that you've stepped over some line, and you need to make the choice to back down (or double down if you're brave).

The main point here is that there are a LOT of people in the world, and unless you're living in a ridiculously small sized town, most people you interact with on a daily basis will be random strangers. The social risk is so low, it's laughable that people are concerned with it, but I understand why people are.

please i have been waiting 3 months now for my tolerance to drop enough for a good hit my first day of classes next week, got to make them social gains

Blasted through a gram of speed with meth mixed in and 2 pills last night. Taking 4 month breaks between runs. Is it enough?

3 months should be enough, especially if you don't feel depressed and feel just normal in those 3 months, that means the dopamine store is replenished
If you want to take it sustainably daily, take with l-tyrosine and take < 1g

last time i took 10g of phenibut faa, and nothing

i just want to get the magic back man

just bought the l-tyrosine capsules how do you typically dose

The magic is from dopamine and phenibut is not dopamine agonist but stimulates the release of dopamine so you need real dopamine in your brain to feel the magic
No matter how much phenibut you ingest if there's no dopamine there's no magic
Start with standard l-tyrosine dose
The thing is nutrition and diet plays big role in dopamine synthesis so you must be well nourished as well

I need a good interview/study prep stack, guys.

Any help?