Hey Veeky Forums I'm a personal trainer now

Hey Veeky Forums I'm a personal trainer now
If I was your trainer what would you expect from me to do during your sets? between rest sets?
Also what exactly is bad with upright rows and behind the neck pulls/pushes and wide grip pull ups?
I went to school for this but all they taught me were somatypes and niches.

>what would you expect from me to do during your sets?
Critique my form.

ok so after the first few sessions you just want me to say "good form" every rep and every set?

>hey fit can you do my job for me?
No.

it's more of a feedback roleplay kind of thing

you know
for fun

No, if you're not autistic you should be able to figure out when positive reinforcement and critique are necessary.

Comment if form starts to degrade during a heavy set or if everything looks good at the end of a few perfect sets.

sorry I grew up playing warcraft 3 the frozen throne

>1
Tell me the truth. Are these weights too much? Are you lifting 5-10% of my bench? Tell me the truth so that I don't wonder why I don't look like the guy who benches the same.
>2
Ask me honestly in the beginning what are my goals and weather I am following some dietary plan.
Tell me the honest truth every month if I said I am eating for my goals, even if it hurts or not.
>3
Don't be on top of me during rests. Check your phone, go talk to sm1 but please keep track of my break. I feel annoyed when I have to yell at you to come. If you are my PT you re unironically paid to keep track of everything instead of me.
>4
Add some exercises that I tell you I wanna try.
Of course Im not expecting you to start me with 4x10 pull ups from month 1. Im not gonna make it. But when I tell you I wanna try sitted OHP this month or I wanna check deadlifts even when newbie & weak, start me with lightweight.
>5
Help me socialize at the gym. Honestly just say something like yo random guy, this guy (me) is studying/working there too. Anything. It;s literally gonna save your job because a Friendly environment where I don't feel threatened by the muscle mass of the others as a dyel is probably the #2 reason why people stick to a gym, behind only to #1 results.
>6
Tell people that are fat that they need to push themselves with weights as well. If they just wanted to do 40 min cardio/day and bench press with 5kg dumbbells they should ve done it at home. Explain to them how a body that's not lifting KG s gonna look like after a huge amount of weight loss.
>6
Don't do your training inbetween my rests. Really unprofessional. Your #1 reason for being at the gym is that you work there. Im sure there are times in the day you got no assigned client when you can work out.
>7
Push me.
>8
Don't send me home after just claiming that my X hurts. Dont ditch me just to make sure that i wont get injured and sue u.
Well that's what I can think of for now. Good Luck in your field.

>Good Luck in your field.
Actually I just want to get out and do something in computer programming soon
I got most of those but you know sometimes lifting portions of your weights is good for you because you're still outputting maximum resistance.
You know there are machines that change in resistance as you push depending on how much force you give, but they suck because they're on a lever so it decreases stabilizing factor and overall muscular usage.
It's like that but superior since it's free weight

That's why you never really teach proper form and always pretend to be making adjustments, then you start shouting retarded motivational shit like CMON DO IT BABY

This is great advice. OP, you should be thankful. This kind of relevant, useful information is rarley given on Veeky Forums these days.

>shouting retarded motivational shit like CMON DO IT BABY
You know it's proven that human interaction and hearing communication increases strength output by stimulating the CNS right?

I dont know. Inever really liked benching 80kg and getting the feeling that yaw he is putting in there so that's not my real. It makes me feel a lot damn better knowing that even when the gymbro is not arround I can still lift an amount of weight without being scared that it;s gonna fall on my head.

>during your sets
if you could fonddle my balls that would be nice of you
>between rest sets
massage me

I'm not a masseuse
i am not a ball fondler

Same guy here , OP , can you tell me from a professional's point of view why sometimes looks don't add up to lifting gains? Does it mean that I jus tadded a few fat pounds so looking in the mirror will be a mistake?
I look bigger in clothes but I don't look really better at the mirror.
Also, why is it that in my country >Greece< 80kg bench is considered good for someone at my weight?
We literally only do split work outs here. Every gym all gyms either it's with machines or just free weights. I hear people say that lifting your weight x10 is fine. Biggest lift I ve seen from a non professional(not exactly pro, just going to competitions) is ~115kgs. He is 72kg Those Kilos were x4 btw.

Stop posting the same image

You could suck my balls during my set.

If you have these questions you should not be a personal trainer.

When you are with a client you are their spotter, critic, coach and counselor

i am not a ball suckler
i don't know what you mean
>sometimes
because "lifting gains" as in strength is attributed mainly with your central nervous system becoming more efficient at using your muscles while the actual muscle fiber grows, which can happen without total destruction of the muscle fibers.

While "looks" or muscular mass is mainly attributed towards total destruction of the muscular fibers by adding total time under tension of the weight so that you build both muscle fibers and the fluid within them to adapt towards longer time under tension because the fluid contains more energy to contract longer. However you do need some strength foundation before making successful size adaptations.

then there's the athletic variety where you gain sarcoplasm but your muscle fiber type switches from type 2b to type 2a becoming leaner smaller and more efficient. Weaker overall but lasting way longer.

No idea about Greece
also, as a personal trainer nearly 90% of people I've talked to (trying to get new clients) were on some shitty beginner split as well.

yep beats me.
I literally just went at my friends gym at my hometown for xmas vacation and he told me to not tryhard. Well Guess what. I fckin did.
And when He saw me trying 75kg x6 he literally said wtf that's too much for your weight after a 10 day break.
And trust me that guy is beastly and one of the best coaches I ve seen athleticwise. He just aint int othe "you have to eat x y and z only at a b c amounts". He sais live your life and try for progress based on what you want, Eat big to get big or not.

Also you are against splitting? Do your clients say it sorta worked for them?

anything sorta works when you're a beginner

starting full body means you make more CNS efficiency with all of your motor neurons. That means you learned how to output maximum muscular contractions by giving effort. Which means you might have 1 exercise for the back for that entire day. Learning to tire out the back within 15 minutes by making that CNS connection for 3 to 5 sets.

starting splits means you do 5 different exercises for your back and biceps.
the CNS adaptation is important. doing a Split after making a full body adaptation means now they can properly do the split.

Rep timing, like 3 seconds decline, 1 second at the buttom, 2 seconds up.

3-1-2-0

That's how my coach writes my programs up.

>2 seconds up
lol.. don't even know what to say about this.
>3 seconds down
yes, slow eccentric is a good trick to make people sore because it forces you to take advantage of the fact that your eccentric is stronger than your concentric so you can take the longer time while benefiting in sarcoplasmic and myofibrillar gains. Mostly used for bodybuilding in reality.

So I hope you're talking about a bodybuilding coach, since that sort of training is outright garbage for athleticism or linear strength gains and obviously impossible for power gains.