/plg/ Powerhobbying General

we all want to die part 2 new year same me special

Other urls found in this thread:

barbellmedicine.com/the-bridge/
startingstrength.com/article/into-the-great-wide-open-the-texas-method-and-5-3-1
docs.google.com/document/d/1ycrwcRrNnC9FTWjV83oS5n_9usAyN8Cqgu43Smg7UUE/edit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ts when panzer

>we all want to die
Fuck you.

Learn to love life, or get busy dying.

>youre retarded
Says the one with zero reading comprehension

I said what programming you do is irrelevant regardless of situation

I then said steroids enhance what you are currently doing, irrespective of what that is

Where did i say they change your programming?

Inject, go to the gym and keep doing what youve been doing = make better gains

Try changing shit or adding a ton of volume cause “muh test” and you wont get the full benefit

Bugger of mate it's all a bunch of fucking shite anyway

Who else here /paid to lift/?

I will never understand how anybody could ever be sad when they have a desk stoat.

A weasel

At what weight did hook grip begin to hurt?

It doesn't if you do it right.

45lbs/20kg

mfw this morning i fart and someone walks over to work in with me

stfu faggot hook grip does hurt but you get used to it just like anything else.

>LITERALLY 1st of January 2018
>STILL doing virgin powerlarding
>Not doing chad olymic lifting
>Doing slow and brainless assistance lifts as your 'sport'
>Not throwing weights over your head like a fucking maniac
Give me ONE FUCKING EXCUSE for why you're doing this to yourself.
Inb4
>muh need coaching
>muh need equipment
>muh genetics
>muh powerfarting is more fun (denial)
>muh too old
>muh muh muh
Those are not valid excesses, you little bitch.

KYS TRIPFAGGOTS.
Powerlifting tripfaggots are the biggest faggots on this entire website. What sort of insecure cuck tripfags just so people know who he is and what he lifts? LMAO.

agreed, trips here dont even lift

I know you're shitposting but Oly is no longer chad once they got rid of the press

>know what he lifts

I dont post numbers anymore, no one cares

You can still press and push press in training. Snatch pressing and push pressing is a staple of training as many people struggle with that position.

5/3/1, PPL, C6W or ULPH?

What are your lifts now

None of them, they are all memes.
Get a strength training book and make your own program. Or get something from sheiko or cuckols.

This lol I literally just go into the gym and hit a PR in a variation I've not done in a while then hammer bodybuilding work

>this is conjugate

Press is ultimate Chad lift.

>pushing huge weights directly overhead in an explicit challenge to gravity itself and everything it stands for
>seperates the wheat from the chaff by taking true perserverance to even reach a weight that would be considered a good start
>even normies know snatch and c+j are party tricks, but press is true test of strength and character

Oly lifting basically cut its own balls off when it dropped the press.

Trust me the way i run it is not conjugate but yes very loosely based

who here yet again forgot to eat whole day?

I do agree though, programming is irrelevant, all good ones adhere to a set of principles, the rest is down to your effort and recovery

Pretty much, would drop powerlifting in a heartbeat if the Press was still in oly lifts.

>recovery

Which is actually the reason I've loosely adopted that way of training.

I'm a fuckin retard so I'd go in and max out every day and wonder why I feel like crap, so the speed stuff forces me to not do that, lol

>even normies know snatch and c+j are party tricks
They're not. They require an explosion of strength. It's a mistake to think of them as cheating the weight or using tricks.

Autoregulated bench/squat/dead + minimum of accessory work.

But I agree, I want the press back.

if you're a powerlifting why aren't you on steroids?

if you're on steroids why aren't you bodybuilder?

I’m a noob man, I can’t lift a plate in any of the compound exercises. I don’t think I can get anything from SS anymore though, that’s why I’m asking which one of those I should do

531 is good. Be smart with the assistance work and focus on building muscle. The program works just fine

Do ss, you clearly arent eating enough

I am dry right now and i still really want to fap fuck. I love hentai so much.

Do SS and eat more try harder

531 is far too slow for someone who can't squat a plate

Was memeing, lad. Tbh if you put me in charge, I'd have the snatch for an explosive test and the press for absolute strength, and get rid of the clean and jerk. (Clean and Jerk was only included to begin with because the English lifters were pansies who liked circus lifting and the continental lifters only cared about pressing.)

Thing is, I’m 6’4/193cm and 19y/o, I’m trying to eat a lot, I’m making 4 big meals+1protein shake&pb sandwich+protein shake a day and I don’t have time to make more meals. I’ll try to add a litlle more food to my meals gradually. I started 8 months ago at 155lbs/~70kg, SS for 1 month, ever since I’ve been doing some retarded shit that I only realized it was retarded a little while ago. I did gain some weight though, I’m at 180/81 now, still looking skinny as fuck. Haven’t gained any weight in the last 3 months

Hey deadlift user are you here? How did the 1rm go?

I don’t know if i agree with that anymore. You’d still be increasing your working weight by 120 lbs in a year and you’d probably ingrain better movement patterns than on LP which involves a lot of ramming your head into a wall. You set a pr every session and put on lots of muscle with 531. And who the hell is squatting less than one plate? He never said that. And why the hell do people still always talk about SS here? It’s a newbie program plain and simple

>I can’t lift a plate in any of the compound exercises

I think he already posted that he failed 200kg, did 190x2 tho

lmoa, fags on Veeky Forums cant reach 200kg dl in one year while some random user from /plg/ adds 40kg to his dl a week.

By “I can’t lift a plate” I mean I can’t do a proper set with a plate, I can maybe squat 3-4 reps, deadlift like 6 reps and bench 1-2. After lurking here for a while I lerned that depending on the exercise a 6 rep set is not that bad, I didn’t know that before bevause the retarded teachers at my gym said that anything under 8 is useless

>bevause the retarded teachers at my gym said that anything under 8 is useless
lmoa

Ah Sorry, I don’t know how I missed that.
You’re probably impatient and selecting weights that are too heavy. Also bad form/recovery. I still stand by 531 because you’ll probably just injure yourself ramming into a wall over and over again with LP. Building muscle and gradually increasing weights will probably do it for you if you’re disciplined enough to stick with it

Bulgarian starts looking like the Chad way of training to me.

Tl;dr more volume

HOW?

Super high frequency training is great until you injure yourself and or stop making progress.

Thanks

>injure yourself
That can happen from picking up a coin after a deadlift session, to anyone. If you're a GDE, it's bound to happen no matter what you do.
>stop making progress
How can stalling be real lol just switch up the exercises nigga.

Consider this:

barbellmedicine.com/the-bridge/

Nigga if you're not doing hyper specific exercises literally every day then you're not doing bulgarian you're doing something else and calling it bulgarian.

Read this:

startingstrength.com/article/into-the-great-wide-open-the-texas-method-and-5-3-1

Well duh, it's a variation of Bulgarian. Call it Bulgarian Light or some shit. Nobody natty would do the original bulgarian for weightlifters, unless he was suicidal.

They're using a base template. Not a good comparison.

First time going ""heavy"" on sumo after months of building up technique and ramping up intensity. Didn't notice till after my set, but my inner thighs were feeling weird. Am I going too wide? I'm already doing a pretty narrow sumo stance

Also my left pec was flaring up slightly - too narrow grip?

Hey lads, I took christmas break off like a normie (~10 days) and I'm not sure how I should go back to training.

I was running a gearless training cycle (no belt, wraps, etc.) with the following final stats:

SQ: 165kg 3x3
BP: 95kg 3x3
DL: 160 3x3 (got a tweaked lower back)

I'm running a TM variant and was wondering at what percentage should I go back to training?

Also should I continue with gearless training or jump back to it? Cheers

>inner thighs feel weird

Yeah cause you havent gone heavy in ages, adductors get hit hard

That makes sense. Was supposed to do 2 sets but stopped at 1. Felt spooby but it went away after like 3 min

Just do what you did pre break.
If you're still making progress gearless keep going for it, obviously if you have a comp coming up start using your gear closer to the time.

how can i look like this chap

Can someone post the tom martin autism compilation? I can't find it

thanks user, I'll see how things go tomorrow

roid and have a disdain for life

docs.google.com/document/d/1ycrwcRrNnC9FTWjV83oS5n_9usAyN8Cqgu43Smg7UUE/edit

I think my thumbs are too small and thick for hookgrip. I keep losing grip reee

GRIP HARDER

Happy new year, lads. Hope 2017 was good for you, and that 2018 exceeds all desires and expectations. Have a good one.

are you using a thick cheapo bar? I thought my fingers were to short for hg until I started lifting on a powerbar

you too lad :)

yeah its a jumbo dick thick bar fucking hate it . But i've tried hook grip on a proper bar too and it didn't really work on that one either. I got better grip than double overhand, but it still slipped eventually.

I really, really like this apu. Can I save it?

/R9K/ IS LIFE
/R9K/ IS LOVE

sure think kiddo

I like happy apus too
do you have this one? if you don't, you can have it

i think this is the year where i will just sink into my hole. hold me anons.

Thanks anons, you are true friends.

what do i do with my life

live it to its fullest

It's just disgusting
A woman can literally do nothing of value, just post a weak selfie in a messy room, and society will treat her like a fucking queen

Women, just because they are women, will get more respect than a CEO, a brilliant inventor, the men who push this world FORWARD

God, society has gone way too far
Feminism was okay, but these days women are treated like GODS

I want to leave this shitty country

Get over it.

Her eggs are worth their weight in gold. Your sperm is worthless because of the flooded market.

Men have to be useful. Get to work.

m8 this is a powerlifting thread and you are a bitch

stfu cuck boy and stop being a mopey millennial shit

they get about as much respect as thiccc lads who post sexy selfies online (not much)

y-you too

Seek help if it's that bad, my dude.

Get drunk yesterday did ya now alcocuck?

No, I had a few heavy nights before NYE and didn't feel like drinking again.

How did you spend your Christmas week?

i dont want help i dont want to do anything.
i think i like being like this. there is nothing for me out there.

has isley gone HAES?

>fatshaming

youre in the wrong thread twinkshit

alone

>How did you spend your Christmas week?
SEAN BT FUCKING OHHHHHhh

Spent it drinking like a normal civilized person would do but you couldnt do that because you're an alcocuck trying to quit! KEK!