REAR DELTS

>Some people say you must keep your scapula protracted to train rear delts effectively
>Some say retracted scapula
>Some say it should start protracted and retract with the movement naturally

WHICH ONE IS RIGHT? ????

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NANTSgH3_Tw
youtube.com/watch?v=93hN6wbjmK0
youtube.com/watch?v=T1IrUtv7iZU
youtube.com/watch?v=3eOFjmSM9s8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

are you retarded?
the rear delts do not move the scapula
retract it

They say if it's retracted it's not all rear delts pulling your shoulders back

youtube.com/watch?v=NANTSgH3_Tw

Hate this chink

Worked.

>protracted scapula
I have yet to have heard anyone say you should protract your scapula for any exercise, from basic broscientists to reputable physical therapists, a retracted scapula gives a solid and stirdy base for pretty much every muscle on your upper torso to pull from
the only exception that comes to mind is training your serratus anterior, which only really contracts when protracting you scapula
to give you some tips on rear delt exercises, if compounds like rows and pullups aren't enoug, do some isolations like rear delt cable flyes or if it still ain't enough then utilize dropsets

These guys say they should be protracted to hit the rear delts.

youtube.com/watch?v=93hN6wbjmK0

youtube.com/watch?v=T1IrUtv7iZU

Bump

I can see their logic, they want to isolate the delt as much as possible, but in all honesty you won't be hitting them that much harder as opposed to retracting you scapula, also like in the dude said in the first video, when you're retracted you'll also be targetting your romboids, traps and teres muscles which I can only see as a good thing so I don't know why he wouldn't want to do it this way, strengthening this muscles is also important sou you won't get rounded shoulder (slouch) because of a muscle imbalance

Okay so do you keep it retracted the entire time, from the start or do you retract it with the movement as you're doing it? (Similar to how you retract your shoulderblades when you do a row as you're doing it)?

Fuck off faggot just do some rows

Fuck you rippetoe

Face Pulls for Posture
>retract scap
Face Pulls for Delts
>just fucking pull that shit

>rippetoe
>prescribing rows

Yndtp

Have you tried literally just paying attention to your body's response or are you so fast you can't see your delts in the mirror?

>The Barbell Row™

DA RUW

it's protracted or you work your rhomboids too much

look man i know you want an easy fast answer now, but those who say its one, its either because that's how they learned it and never tried anything else, few have tried several methods and concluded that one is better then the other, the reason there is so much information on what to do is because different things work differently for everyone, i don't know wich one is better, but here is what you should do, measure the length of your shoulders, then try the first method for two months, then measure them again, even if its 1/2 cm you should have made some gains, after that try the second method, measure again and then the third one, since this would be half a year of constant shoulder training then they will obiously will get bigger, but you should pay attention to the numbers and do the one that give you the biggest development, i know that half a year to determinate what exercise is better, sounds like a lot and that you want to just know the answer now, but the truht is that is different for everyone and you need time and effort to determinate what works best for you, make a choice A) do you want temporal fast results? then take steroids and do which ever exercise it doesn't matter, or B) do you want long lasting lifetime rresults? then take your time to figure what's the best for you (you can still take steroids with option b but your lifespan might get shorter), what is 6 months to a lifetime? good luck

>>Some people say you must keep your scapula protracted to train rear delts effectively
do this the first two months
>>Some say retracted scapula
this the next two
>>Some say it should start protracted and retract with the movement naturally
and the this the other two
keep track of wich one give the best results and keep doing that one, also keep in mind thaat you need to have a steady diet the six months, of you eat more some time, then you are going to get more mass that time, if you eat less you will lose fat and the numbers will seem lower

subscribe just for the kek

I'm not your damn guineapig

Kys

Retracted always

youtube.com/watch?v=3eOFjmSM9s8

Kek'd

Bump

JUST MOVE SOME HEAVY ASS WEIGHT AND YOU'LL BE FINE.

retract your scapula if you're benching though - that's it