Anyone here took accutane before?

anyone here took accutane before?

currently on 20mg a day and on week 3. cant lift anymore cause everywhere fuckin hurts, especially my mid back and knees. now im forced to only do the elliptical. face is breaking out now, face and lips are dry like the desert. easily depressed and melancholic especially if bored.

help me

enjoy your permanently painful joints and clear skin breh

Took it for 6 months, finished a year ago. Started with 40mg and ramped up to 80mg. Had no serious side effects. Just had dry skin and lips, which was totally manageable with moisturizer/aquaphor. It didn't completely cure my acne though. It was mild/moderate and oily af. Now it's still oily and I get the occasional pimple. I actually miss being on it because my skin wasn't oily and don't care for alcohol anyway.

My experiences seem to be atypical in that I didn't have serious positive or negative effects.

Might look into going on it again in the future. Good luck.

I finished about 2 months ago. Do you've got lots of scars?
Basically every cut or pimple left a small scar and I'm wondering if most of them go away after stopping the accutane.

what youre saying is that pimples during accutane leave icepick scars?

Took Accutane when I was 18, 6 month treatment. After trying everything else my dermatologist could come up with since I was worried about the side effects. Had the usual dryness, joints and back especially hurt while on it so I mainly did cycling instead of lifting. Only lasting side effects were somewhat dry skin and eyes. But it completely stopped my acne and haven't had any since.

You're face will break out when you're first start it but it will go away pretty soon after, tough it out and take fish oil. Really wished it did it sooner desu. You'll make it.

dont take accutane unless you are literally quasimodo, that shit dries the fuck out of your skin. I took it just when I had mild acne and I took one bath in a hot tub and the next day half my arm peeled off. I was only taking 20mg a day.

currently on 20mg a day
hasnt effected my strength or joints although I have read it does for some people.

on my 2nd week I broke out in acne way worst than what I had orginally had. however week 3 onwards it's been clearing fine. 2months in and my face is almost clear.

The side effects I am getting are dry skin which I solve with sunscreen moisturiser. dry eyes & lips which are also easy to solve. thats about it. I was worried about the depression part but my mood has been pretty stable

My starting point was pretty bad. I had acne around my chin, cheeks and forehead and 3 deep cystic pustules when I started taking them. One turned into a pretty big scar and my beard hairs stopped growing there. The other 2 healed during my treatment and didn't even leave a scar. Took 20mg/day for around 9 months. No side effects aside from dry skin and lips. Unfortunately, acne still breaks out sometimes and I've even had one case of cystic acne after the treatment so I consider visiting my doctor again.
Also, if you have to pay for it yourself, don't get accutane, get some generica isotretinoin. It's literally the same thing just less expensive because it doesn't say Roche on it.

Its not worth it

Took it when I was 15/16. My dosage was also 20mg as I recall. Had the typical side effects like really dry lips and the initial break out but after about 3 months my skin was completely clear and has remained so. I think I was one of the luckier ones as I haven't seen any serious lasting side effects. Just be smart about it and follow your dermatologist's instructions to the letter. Tell your derm about the pain your feeling and see what they say.

You should probably talk to your derm about it. Also try taking the 20mg every other day until you see your derm. It is normal to break out more than usual during the first two months. The effects may be worse if you live in a dry climate or if youre taking it during the winter. Try aquaphor for the face.

Took it for 4 months, had awful cystic acne all over my back and shoulders. It got a lot worse over the 4 months but as soon as I completed my cycle my skin has cleared up completely.

It really sucked to be on it for the 4 months. Chapped lips, dry skin, some aches and pains, but it was worth every minute of it. I can't tell you how big the difference was for me. Life changing.

Took it a few years back around the time I started lifting (at age 22 after trying everything else, waste of time), did SS on it and was fine. Did 60mg a day, 40mg for the first two months.
Cystic acne/pimples disappeared after like 2-3 months I guess, but my face was still plenty red and inflamed in month 5-6 which were the last ones. It tapered off after I was done with the treatment and now I look alright. Not perfect, but much better. Once in a blue moon I get a small zit.

Best thing I have ever done. Went from disgusting skin to really good skin. No side effects, slight hip pain only.

currently on 20mg a day. I've been taking this dose for the last 2.5 months. the second week in I started getting joint pain in places I've never had issues before, like my knees and hips. I started taking fish oil, which is supposed to help with inflammation, 2x a day, and after a few days the joint pain completely subsided. Could have just been coincidental, but I now have zero joint paint when lifting.

I take 20mg a day to stop acne on my 300mg a week test e cruise, I moisturise in the morning but that's it. Been doing this for 2.5 years

that's a high cruise dose lol. If you've been taking 20mg for 2.5 years, you should be able to come off of it and be acne free still, shouldn't you? Before I started taking it to prevent the hormonal acne I get on test, I did a decent amount of research. The conclusion I came to was that it doesn't matter THAT much about the daily dosage you take when trying to permanently get rid of acne. What matters the most is the total dosage you take over time. 20mg a day for 2.5 years puts you at almost 20,000 total milligrams. The number I've seen thrown around is a total dosage of about 130-140 mg per kg of body weight. You're way over that unless you're like 400 pounds.

My acne cleared up just fine, but now even 2 years later my skin is still always super dry.

Kind of sucks desu.

Plus I think the dryness aged me/made me look older, could just be other factors but in the year between me starting and me ending it I look significantly older partially due to the skin changes of dryness, cracks, wrinkles, etc.

If I could go back I would not of done acutane or any of the acne drugs/creams. Would of just lifted, ate better, got more sleep, and lived with it. Probably of been better off.

Took it almost 10 years ago. It permanently cured my acne. Should've saved myself the trouble and taken it 15 years ago instead of suffering through high school with pimples