JANUARY FIRST

Alright Veeky Forums, time to share your stories of NewYears resolutioners and the stupid shit you've seen them do!

youtube.com/watch?v=QRU6oXtJH8I

He looks like he’s having fun and he’s not hurting anyone, or even himself. Leave him alone.

fucking beautiful footwork. you couldn't do it you jelly as fuck motherfucker.
he's athletic smooth and fun.

It's just a gif for the thread OP, take it easy soy-chan

>be there today
>more of a ghost town than a normal day
>everyone probably signed up today and "i'll start tomorrow/next week/after my next big cheat meat"

I usually go at like 10pm ish so it's pre empty but

>belt and straps for a 1pl8 deadlift
>super setting lat pulldowns, horizontal rows, curls and barbell "power" shrugs (0.5pl8)

My gym was empty today except for two regulars

Good, there's nothing better than an empty gym all for yourself.

You're not the only one
>some pajeet diddly 1.5pl8s with straps
>some gook squatting 1pl8s with valeo velcro and knee wrap
>some autistic twink half-repping squat with mouth constantly open in the entire set

that kid actually incline benching quite a lot for his first time
i couldnt even flat bench the bar

FUCKK
went to gym on new years day and it was only 2 other people
went there today and literally the car park WAS FUCKN FULLLL

>worker at gym i normally go to didn't show up
>go to different gym
>5 people including myself there throughout the entire 2 hours i was there

Bretty good

You're laughing now but the dude is going to have some mad ass balancing functional strength

You leave the gym if a certain employee isn't at the front?
Are you gay or something?

>enter gym
>every other area taken
>front desk looks broken
>not a single smile
>fat man wearing all grey sweats on bench next to me
>benching 35s at a 45 degree angle
>not a drop of sweat
>smell of concentrated manure and sour asshole coming from his direction
>guy planking on bench doing curls like that
>dyel doing deads by catapulting bar in air off pull and letting it slam down
>floor tiles denting
>mlp fag using remote app to change tv channels
>middle aged man standing in the middle of the rows staring at everything because he doesnt know wtf to do
>high school degenerates gathered around bench in pajamas doing fucking nothing
>latina mom with her 4 kids
>black man doing the johnny bravo with 45s
This is only day 1. There's still the rest of the week

That's a 10lb bar.

No, I meant the employee never showed up to actually open the gym. Whoever it was must have had a wee bit too much to drink last night.

>tfw empty gym today
feels good

Smith machine guy at 34 secs had a huge right leg and tiny left leg wtf. Might just be the angle though.

Same here. Now I truly get all those Bill Burr jokes about reducing the population so you can get through the traffic faster. Most of the time I have to wait fucking ages to get anything done because all 6 racks are taken and when I'm finished in a rack and need to do some cable shit, the machine is taken etc. Today? Didn't have to wait for even a second, just strolled through my workout with a smile on my face.

This is such a good feeling I actually changed gyms to a more expensive but smaller one recently and end up finishing way faster every time desu

How is this possible? I've never understood this nonsense, people saying they can't even do X exercise with just the bar. Legitimately, how are you so weak?

you have to realise that being 6 foot instantly gives you more strength because you weigh more

all the people that say this are usually quite small + completely shit diet, they literally weigh 45kg-50kg as an adult male, this with their complete shit lifestyle where their parents do everything for them, you can only grow from stress, these people have literally never lifted anything heavier than 15kg in their whole lives

bloatmaxxing with efficiency
when you do resistance training it activates the glucose receptors in your muscles to be fueled directly, that is why it is optimal to stuff your face when doing handsfree work

Every single person looked incredibly lazy and like they were afraid of getting made fun of so they nonchalantly did everything wrong on purpose rather than by accident.

>twink half-repping squat with mouth constantly open
visualization training for motivation

im starting to come down with a cold, was thinking to take the week off but i could go to the gym and share the joy

>you have to realise that being 6 foot instantly gives you more strength because you weigh more

What are you fucking retarded? That made less sense than anything I've ever heard.

>That made less sense than anything I've ever heard.
you must not have heard a lot of things then

if there's sedentary 5% 6" guy and a sedentary 5"6 guy who weighs more?

t. Angry Manlet.
Keep chanting “grow grow grow” and you’ll understand one day

My gym was closed yesterday. Will see what happens today. This is my first NY in this gym, don't know what to expect.

I started at 14 having done only running, i was only able able to bench 30kg.

probably burning a ton of calories that's some good cardio

>not doing seated dips
never gonna make it

Same here. Mine has been closed for 2 weeks. I'm itching to get going again. Will most likely be full of first timers.

>tfw all the nyrs will probably flock to the cheap/normie trendy gyms (pf, crossfit, goodlife/personal-tailored gyms
>tfw no one will think of going to the for-kids-and-old-people-only ymca

a gym actually opened up in my area that promises results doing 1 workout 15 min a week, hopefully the half-assed nyrs go there

Some people have been sedentary their entire life. No sports, no outdoor rough housing, no nothing. Without physical activity at a young age your muscles don't develop properly. Same principle as having a poor diet at a young age.

Doesn't hold up unless limb length is the same. A taller person has to move the weight further.

Matters at a super high level, but not really as a beginner or even Intermediate.

It's just weight and physical activity.

Or they actually went out last night and so haven't the energy to go gym today.

>black man doing the johnny bravo with 45s

thats not how it works at all you fucking idiot.

Latina with the 4 kids is a fucking asshole, gyms should be adult only

I got shitfaced at the bar off straight vodka and redbull, sang karaoke ending the night in bohemian rhapsody. Went home hour after pregnant wife passed out at 11 woke up at 9 drove 45 minutes to pick up my kids went shopping twice went to family new years function came home masturbated and still had energy to go lift. It's called caffeine and getting off your fucking ass.

and no i don't drink soda. i mix energy mio with water. tropical fusion is best.

>moaning and slamming the weights on a lmao 0.75pl8 rackpull

At least that was it.

I also had a dude with fresh new neon tank/shorts doing belted 1pl8 squat

Gym closed today...

>tfw I squat only a little more
Well at least there are only few decent looking dudes in my gym and for others I don't look like a faggot.

>I only squat a little more
Get your twink ass back into the gym and start squatting everyday until you hit 2pl8.
>inb4 muh ovurtrainin
You aren't lifting heavy enough to overload your CNS with your squat weight yet.
And you're a novice so you have the lovely ability to add weight every workout. Add 5lb to your squat every(other)day and you'll hit 2pl8 within 4-8 weeks.

I'm trying to get better, but apparently there's something wrong with my form or something considering my legs aren't that small and I can bench 2pl8 for reps. I'm going to squat 2-3 times a week since the new year i.e. today.

>2pl8
>not 3pl8

Yeah something has gone terribly wrong my friend. Your bench should be nowhere near your squat, nevermind 1pl8 ahead of it.

Record yourself and post it to QDDDTOT if you think it might be a form problem.

>can bench 2pl8
Do you have stubby arms or just fell for the skip leg day meme? Irregardless, if you can bench 225 a balanced squat relative to that would be 275-300. Unless you have top tier leg size genetics, or simply don't care about leg size/strength and a balanced physique, you should really incorporate a lot more squats.

Didn't ask for your life story, loser. Some people were just getting home while you were waking up.

If you get them sick, then they'll quit earlier.

what kind of degenerate stays out until 9 am? you?

>first time lifting ever
>got to 2pl8s squat 3x5 after 3 weeks
>got to 1pl8s bench 3x5 only after 8 weeks
WTF IS THIS?

What kind of degenerate takes care of his wife's sons? You?

I skipped legs sometimes yeah because I do them in the end of the week. I can't increase weights as easily as I do with other exercises. I'd say I don't have disproportions in my upper body. This is how my legs look.

Lifting for strength is a meme.
10-12 rep range is what makes you look good, I think that's what that dude was talking about.
A pl8 and a bit for 12 reps.

fuck you're thicc desu

they're mine virgin.

Janoy is that you?

That's what she wants you to believe, stupid cuck.

Nah

>not getting a paternity test in the current year

post rear now

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

what the fuck is the johnny bravo?

Somebody who's not married with a pregnant wife, gramps.

>Let people do retarded shit, it's ok if they don't know what the fuck they are doing!

>he doesn't know about the johnny bravo

old /fit meme or something like that?

>he literally doesnt know who Johhny Bravo is

b&

Is it that bad?

>pregnant wife passed out at 11

wut?

>three scrawny teens doing curl variations for 1 hour.
>guy quarterrepping bench and then talking on phone for 30 minutes before continuing his workout
>guy dragging bench over to where people do cable flyes, didnt do a single one but occupied the space

>just started lifting a couple months ago
>been going to different gym since uni break
>scared regulars at uni will think I'm a NYRfag because I'm DYEL

a-at least I know what I'm doing

went home an hour after my pregnant wife. then i passed out at 11.

How old are you? Be honest.

>Walk into gym - Today, Jan 1st
>Go to squat rack
>Immediately someone is curling 10lbs in the squat rack

it was like a movie of new comers

Fuck you faggot, I don't have to do what you say

>Only been training two months
>Go to an extremely normie gym
>Check on website to see how many people are currently at my gym
>Normally its 40-60 people (its a big gym so this is fine)
>I see 110 people at the gym during work hours
>Fuck

Different poster but I watched Jonny Bravo growing up and I don't know what exercise that would be

what ethnicity are you?

Same. Or I just can't remember. Probably it's some casual shit like biceps curls.

>Guy is staring at me
>Guy eventually comes up to me
>Thought he was gonna ask how many sets I have left
>a-a-re you doing starting strength by Mark Rippetoe
>I reply 'yes'
>He asks me if i go on fit
>I nod
>He stutters in his words and says to me 'reply to this or all your gains will be absorbed by the NYR faggots'

kek, i was hoping it was true

That's pretty much what it means

considering non-whites usually don't marry before popping out 20 kids what do you think?

Fuck! Not my gains

meant for

American

Oh ok then, I remember him doing basically only them.

n-nani

>walk into gym
>scream from the top of my lungs "FEELING FIT, BUDDY?"
>two fags doing curls in the squat rack say "I'm a lucky guy" at the same time
>mfw
>went home and had a threesome
>didn't say "no home"
If you're reading this you are fucking gay, user

He meant the dance but with dbs in his hands (google 'the monkey') but the man in question was a negro and user probably didn't want to start a /pol/storm

That's not such a big deal if you're working, the belt is just super unnecessary at that point

I don't squat with belt though, it's just pathetic weight.