Any bros 35+ here?

Any bros 35+ here?

Entering my 30s soon, could use some answers to some questions.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JjfClL6nogo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Anonymous 01/01/18(Mon)17:48:36 No.4416

34, 2 kids, wife...certified oldfag...shoot

>Turning 30 soon

Video games past 30 is a problem?

How do you get our of your own shell and live life semi normally? I'm an engineer on the autism spectrum, willing to try to change some things around

How do you not focus or worry about the future? Is day dreaming a bad thing to be doing and plugging into ?

Ha, I'm not the only old asshole here.

34, 2 kids, divorced, 27yo gf.

Nothing is honestly different from your 20s except you've already made a lot of the big mistakes and recovered from it, and nobody looks at you as much like you are "young and full of potential."

When you're under 25 everyone gives you the benefit of the doubt, when you're over 25 you live and die by the sword. You either make it or you don't, and nobody gives much of a shit about you.

You need a hobby that requires you to leave your house every once in a while. If you're unhappy with your situation then it's up to you to fix it.
Either that or embrace the pain and just get through life until you reach the end.

Yeah except the problem is after 25-ish, you are basically not allowed to do anything that isn't paid employment according to society.

No fun allowed. If you don't know you aren't really 30+.

youtube.com/watch?v=JjfClL6nogo

37 here.

Thanks, but how do you use that knowledge to get passed autism later in life?

I never played video games, so not an issue for me. I have free time after the kids go to bed, so I suppose I could play then.

I think the biggest thing to understand is that your interests continue to change quite a bit as you get old. I never go out to drink or stay out late, and 20y/o me would be appalled at my social life now. But things changed, I just want to have nights in with the wife and kids now, so I and doing exactly what I want...I just never would have thought this was what I would want when I was 20.

This is a good point. You can stay in and live a quite life once you have wife/kids squared away. If you dont have that yet, you need to make sure you get a chance to meet people outside of a work setting.

Any advice for a 27 year old male who just got out of a 5 year relationship?

I was planning on marrying this girl, so now I'm single and I'm unsure how dating is for someone older. I've hooked up with two different 22 year olds and my friend said men in their older 20s/early 30s pull more women than they would normally when younger.

This true, or was this a fluke?
I think I'm pretty successful.6 figure job, masters degree, not too bad looking and I'm getting fitter. Self esteem is a little low at the moment, so I'm unsure of things.

I find alot of this is self-imposed though. For instance, you might find it embarrassing to go jump into some pickup ball or hockey with some strangers, or go to a public swim alone, but there is nothing actually stopping you from doing that.

>things that happened after the 90's

34, 2 kids, divorced, building hareem. Current status: 1 thot.

>Video games past 30 is a problem?

No, pick games where people can dress like princesses. Busy atm but will be going back into online gaming soon as it is ltgf potential.

>How do you get our of your own shell and live life semi normally? I'm an engineer on the autism spectrum, willing to try to change some things around

Same, i flap alone sometimes and have learned to hide it, you need to try and be social even if you hate the idea of it, a lot of the time you'd be surprised at how much people like to be around autistic people.

>How do you not focus or worry about the future? Is day dreaming a bad thing to be doing and plugging into ?

No, i worry like hell about the future that's why i've got 50 kg of silver as an investment and 3 years of rice stored. Now i'm okay.

I'm worth millions, I don't really have people in my life though

>Same, i flap alone sometimes and have learned to hide it, you need to try and be social even if you hate the idea of it, a lot of the time you'd be surprised at how much people like to be around autistic people.

How did you know I am autistic? Everyone in society pretty much knows right?

I was on a business flight and noticed the way some people treated me, so figured I would dig a bit deeper into this rabbit hole. Normies are just not that good and they all are afraid to stand out

No wonder only autistic people are in silicon valley

oldcels please tell me if frame thickens over time I am at the end of my rope here

Start thinking about your women as potential life partners, not just based on their looks.

> Do they have a good family life?
Hate to say it, but divorced parents = red flag, high statistical probability of her marriage failing.

> Does she have a career?
If you are career minded, and she is not, there will be a chasm between you, like you are living different lives. There is a reason self-selective mating is all the buzz..there is real benefits to it.

> Do you have similar view on health/fitness?
This is pretty trivial when you are young, but once you start raising kids, you better be on the same page...is it fruit-loops and sunny D or oatmeal for breakfast?

I barely go out (few wingmen) and had two ons for two go-outside-to-bars-days since i got back into being Veeky Forums. I'm 6'3" and a former Chad though so..

I dunno man, I guess all I would say, is dont use your $$ to attract women, I think you can tell where that road would leave you.

35 married, no kids

To be honest senpai, this might be stupid but I kind of wanted to see if I could just fuck around with younger women. Since I spent most of my 20s with my ex, I kind of lost that experience.

I mean, is it creepy if I'm 27 fucking around with females 18-25? Is it even realistic, or are they going to think I'm a creep?

Not 6'3, but I'm charismatic and I have been told I'm hilarious. It's hard for me to cold approach women, but they have approached me. It's usually easier for me if I go with a friend to help break the ice. Don't think I could pull a ons though, but that's a goal haha.

18. 5'9'', 6.5 inch wrists. Is there any hope?

answer these oldcels

bulk and you look like you have a thicker frame than you actually do

Sure you can mess with 20-25 yo. But your life might be too short for that. Suppose you mess around for 3 years. Now you're 30 and you need to find a wife to have kids with (you ARE going to have a family, aren't you?). So if you want to have 2 children, your wife should be >25 for greatest child health - delivering children after age 30 is very dangerous for a woman, and hard on her body. Now here's the thing, if you have a max first pregnancy age of 25, you still need to meet the girl, and she wont have kids before knowing you for a year, so now you actually need to meet a 24 year old, instead of 25!

Now you also will not be career focused when you are messing with 20-25 year olds as a 27-30 year old because, lets face it, you're going to be distracted. So now you're 30, have to peg a 24 year old, AND you have to pivot to a upper 5 figure / low 6 figure job.

Now suppose you leave the young pussy aside and start looking for a nice wife. You are going to have a much better time user.

That makes sense. I guess this advice is more for later, when you are looking for something more serious.

If you can get with a few young-ones now, go for it, and enjoy. At 35+ I dont even think I could communicate with a 20y/o girl (do I need snapchat or something?)

Bump, keep this thread going please. I'm 28 turning 29 this year and getting old is scaring me.

39 divorced, expat, no kids, socialmedia-less, started lifting months ago, enjoying novice gains.
how do i friend with benefits?

>Not 6'3, but I'm charismatic and I have been told I'm hilarious. It's hard for me to cold approach women, but they have approached me. It's usually easier for me if I go with a friend to help break the ice. Don't think I could pull a ons though, but that's a goal haha.

It hugely depends on your wingman, almost completely in my case (the flapper), mine luckily is a good one who knows my situation, introduces and then ghosts. But when you're nid 30's wingmen are harder to get then thots desu.

>39
>FWB
mfw

Peterson is GOAT...I know he gets lots of hate, but this is a great rant, spot on.

Are you giving up on life and passing on your genes?

oldfags, can you advice pls?

I just turned 27, and I'm doing good at my job (manager at a logistics company) but during the last year I made like 10 notes in my journal/log etc, saying something like "CHANGE YOUR JOB" "DROP YOUR JOB AND LOOK FOR A NEW PURPOSE" etc. But there isn't anything showing itself up, that could interest me and be a source of good income. I don't really enjoy the job, its not challenging and its not interesting, yet I don't know what to change it to. How do I find a new purpose?

But did your frame get larger boyo

I'm not him but I have extremely disproportionate wrists and hands, it looks ridiculous.

30 here

Is it worth to continue and climb the corporate ladder or just do your job and settle down?

Don't listen to this .

There's more millionaire women then men, as a dad i'd rather leave my money to my daughter, idk why. You'll find some rich girl in the same place as yourself, i very lonely place.

Friends,

Late 20s male here. Recently single after me and college sweetheart didn't work out. I'm having a real hard time meeting someone worth wifing up.

Where do you find these chicks at? Just want a 7/10.

Start with a side hustle - Dont but into bullshit that you need to quit your job and 'find yourself' that movie shit.

Start a side hustle that you love and could possibly be a business in the future, and just enjoy the learning and creativity that comes from your time working on it without expecting too much in return.

>settle down

No such thing.

Nobody gives a fuck about that. People will rave about the most retard things, for example my gf loves my bald head.
I don't like my hands at all, people complement me a lot for it.

Stop worrying and start living a happy and fulfilled life, and leave this fucking site, the sooner the better.

Fuck around with them if you like. No one gives a shit and neither should you. Obviously they're dumb as a baked potato but whatever.

For me its hard not to strive at my job. Not that I have any strong desire to be 'sr director' or anything, but I really do need to take pride in what I do (software engineering FYI). As a by product of this, things go pretty well.

As an aside, it might hurt your prospects in the future if you dont move up. What the fuck is a 45y/o doing as a sr. associate anyway?

after marriage and being most of my life with another person (plus some fwb a long time ago), it's time for me to stop sharing most of my time with women, just occasionally, at least until AI fembots are available.

i guess i could still impregnate women, but not my priority.

>Hate to say it, but divorced parents = red flag, high statistical probability of her marriage failing.

Sad.

>If you are career minded, and she is not, there will be a chasm between you, like you are living different lives. There is a reason self-selective mating is all the buzz..there is real benefits to it.

From experience, if she has a career away from yours where you can't gauge what is happening or know people around her career there she'll cheat.

>This is pretty trivial when you are young, but once you start raising kids, you better be on the same page...is it fruit-loops and sunny D or oatmeal for breakfast?

Huge one, deal breaker even. I got made to look an idiot weirdo for trying to explain how bad sugar is.

statistically, collage/university or work are the most common places. since you are done collage, and I think asking a coworker out is technically rape now, I guess you need to get onto tinder.

Nah, Im not going to leave. I am not tall but irl really not that short. And no, people are not going to notice thin wrists. Most of the time, anything said here is complete bull shit. But every now and then, you guys get it right, and I pick of some new and obscure, but very beneficial, change. Mewing has worked. Mastic gum is currently working. I no longer put women on pedestals. I finally stopped fucking around in the gym and made good gains. I never would have trained my neck without looking at shopped pictures on here.

41 schizoid here. stop being insecure and do w/e is beneficial. I got not many hair left, Im not tall, I p much only play gaems and lift, since 25 years. Yet I got a waifu and get wasted regularly with people. Dont ask whats normal jusr do crazy stuff as often as possible and everything becomes awesome.

>Mastic gum
uh wtf is this?

Path of the warrior = patrician aging goals
Embrace conflict, become grateful for suffering

If AI fembots were real, there would be tumbleweeds rolling across this board. No more Veeky Forums just /fembots/

> robot vagina cleaning general
> Vagina pressure general, whats your PSI?

U wot m8?

Is that a metaphor or allegory?

Can't understand capt

>30, Single, unhappy

Hey brahs, currently unhappy in career and personal life. I didn't waste my 20s, and I have enough money in the bank to fuck off for a year or three if I really, really, wanted to.

Anyway, I was diagnosed with depression this year. I am on Zoloft. Life comes at you quick.

What field? What have you thought about doing t change things?

>similar boat...

Don't know much about depression, care to expand on your unhappiness?

Education. I'm a teacher in the best paid areas of the country so I'm technically doing fine but its unfulfilling and boring. Usually.

Had a period of extreme anxiety in September 2017. Email from boss = anxiety attack type anxiety. Afraid to open email, afraid to make phone calls, etc. Broke down one weekend, cried like a bitch. Got very sad very often, sat around on it for a month. Saw my internist, he immediately told me I was likely depressed and needed help ASAP. Got prescribed Zoloft and saw a therapist 1xWeek for 2 months.

Without knowing you, or being qualified in anyway, my advice would be to build something. Man needs to CREATE and this urge is stifled in modern days.

Write some software, a new app that solves some trivial aspect of your life (a better grocery list?). build a table or chair..anything, you need to bring something into being.

43 yo here. paid off house this month and totally debt free. thot dumped last month and not missing her. disposable income here I come...

I agree. I want a garage. I'm working towards a home, I hope that makes me happy.

Anxiety stems from lacking self-confidence (what will they think of me? what if I screw-up this social interaction?). To address that, you need to care less about what people think...easier said than done I know.

So - you need to build out a fuller version of your life, if you are just a teacher, then your boss, or coworker, or whoever, does play a big role in your self-identity. But if you have other aspects of your life (carpenter, volunteer, mountain biker, Veeky Forums troll) the anxiety stemming from any one of these interactions decreases accordingly

awesome. Build it from scratch. Learn how to get permits, wire the building, get an electrical inspection, all that stuff.

You will be adding a facet to your being, making you a more whole and larger person.

I recently turned 30 and just got my first 'real' job where I'm making decent money. I have about £10k in the bank and zero debt. I'm single and I'm fat as fuck so likely to die alone, but in at least going to the gym now. What are some sensible financial decisions to make at my age? Should I buy my own place? Buy somewhere and rent it out? Invest? I want to be Veeky Forums by 35 and very financially stable by early 40s

all memes aside, start fasting. I started to skip lunch (I ate out everyday at the office) and work though lunch. I am thinner, in better shape, and I definately notice the savings of not spending 15-20 more a day on food.

God-tier analysis

according to "Game" "experts" your "peak" "SMV" is 33-35. So stop crying and make sure you have a decent wingman if you're rural or go on pua if you're a born and bred urbanite abomination.

Thank you. I agree. Building is very therapeutic to me. Appreciate the comment brah

sweet lord guys this thread is so sad. when I grow up I never wanna become like that.

Like what?

Like a fucking idiot who cant quote?

39yo, married, one kiddo.

Feels great. Learnt from so many mistakes from youth I'm actually enjoying life nowadays.

share what you learned man

>wife
I can't seem to move past the notion that women have a geocentric mindset and view of the world.

I've been fucked over a lot and I honestly doubt I'll ever date a woman again and probably never marry because I just don't trust them to put aside their own agenda for a relationship

I guess what I'm asking, how did you know your wife was marriage quality?

local climbing gym. go and start chatting up the regulars, if they climb more than once a week they'll most likely be within normal bodyweight, kind of an expensive hobby so most likely median above average income.

I guess first and foremost, we have similar views towards family/careers/etc, so for the most part, her agenda is the same as mine...raise the kids right, make/save money, enjoy home life. Our 'agenda' is to have a stable home-life for the kids, so neither of us would cheat or do anything to jeopardise that.

Sounds like you are not around the right women. Are they from broken-homes? or have 'issues' from their past? Try to find a girl who grew up in a stable home, and knows first hand how a fully functioning marriage works

Could usse help from a normal person
I never brush my teeth, I just can't seem to do this everyday

What is the normal way to have good hygenie in society?

That actually gives me a little hope

Most of the girls I've dated have been from shitty homes with either childish parents or lack of discipline, now that I think about it.

I'm 24 and girls my age seem to be slowly coming down from the "fuck everything that moves" stage which is a turn off cause they did that. It's a peak at who they really are ya know?

I wouldn't mind being single but I feel as though I have no real drive to live. I'm not suicidal, but I feel like I'm living just to live since I don't desire money or materials, just happiness and that bullshit. I'd be content shoveling horse shit for the rest of my life if I had something to live for.

Where do I meet girls with similar agendas?

I'm old and out of the loop (met my wife in university), but I suppose they would be on PoF, Bumble, Tinder, or whatever the dating apps are. I would just look for someone that doesnt look like trashy, and chat them up casually. If they have family drama, just 360 moonwalk outta there.

thanks manon, you've given me some hope

Camaraderie. You know the saying "bros before hoes", now your hoe is also your bro. Just like how you can't be sure a bro won't go Brutus on you without spending time to know them, you probably won't know wife material before spending quite some time to know that she won't jump ship on the first sign of trouble.
Have common goals, etc

Video games lost their appeal for me around that time. Now i play old games once in a blue moon.

There is no living life normally, just make an effort to not be an asshole and you'll be better than most. But don't let people fuck with you either.

Basically tough chewing gum that builds your Masters and squares your face.

In going to be 27 in a couple of months and recently divroced. I have 1 child with this woman, does anyone have any experience dating women while being a dad? I heard a lot of shit that women dislike men who have children and an ex spouse.

Well, I'm 35 but I "lucked" into an early pension from the Navy, I've also been married for 15 years because I love pain, have poor judgement, and don't think out my actions before I commit to them.
You're going to have to stop worrying about what society wants you to do, I don't know how to put it any other way. Society wants you poor with credit card debt and all the latest doodads to go with the debt, you've just gotta resist it.

Well I'm 22, but well qualified to tell you what is right and wrong. Talk to me, gramps.

Social interaction

There is always an alpha and a beta in conversation? correct?

This doesn't make sense, why would there be an alpha and beta in every fucking conversation

This is so true. Kids used to say “I am gonna build that when I grow up”... now they only dream of what they will BUY one day.

married how long? something doesn't really add up here

>I'm 28 turning 29 this year and getting old is scaring me.
Fuck. This is me. Wasted my early 20's being a child, and what these guys are saying that past 25yo as a male you're basically on your own and will get no empathy is 100% true ime.
I am trying to undo over a decade of complacency and stagnation, and the shit bit is I'M MAKING MISTAKES MOST DUDES DID IN THEIR EARLY 20'S!
FUCK!
It's worse with women as well. They crush you totally because when YOU make a mistake, you don't go from "Oh let's see, nah he's lame...", you go from "Oh an older dude! Let's see... Oh wow, lol no, what a creep, ew..."
It's like they either want your dick/money, or you are that uncle they REALLY don't want to be around.

>get stabbed
>bleeding out
>ambulance arrives
Sir, we need to get you to hospital or you will die
>I narrow my eyes like cool dudes do
>Medics look at each other worriedly
>And I tell them
I am a warrior, I'm grateful for this suffering.
>then I punch them to embrace conflict
>they leave and I die a viking's death

I feel sorry for dudes dating now, 95% of women are fucking insufferable in just casual conversation. The classic advice would be to find a girl via school or some other place that's not a bar but social media fucked all of that up by giving women a place to congregate without leaving home where they hone their techniques like a 1000x folded glorious nippon blade of cuntiness.
Good luck. The first step is acknowledging your faults, now go through the list and fix them one by one. Not much else you can do.

I'm 42. Just live and don't give a single fuck what anybody thinks about me, my hobbies etc.

Peterson is right.

I'm a 35yo manchild bum. I fucked up big time

>Good luck. The first step is acknowledging your faults, now go through the list and fix them one by one. Not much else you can do.
Thanks.
I had a girl like that once btw, but I lost her because of aforementioned lifestyle.

Drop everything you know or that most people on this board would try to give as advice. irl I know a guy who is average looking, is in his late 30s, has two children from two different women and is dating a 22 old cutie. And no he is not rich. This is life if you don't give a fuck

Damn this thread is fucking depressing. Why the fuck are you still on Veeky Forums at 30?

31, married, 1 kid, lieutenant in armed forces, fire away kid

Does family background matter much for a guy? If he comes from a shitty broken home?

Also isnt it ideal if the wife isnt career focused? Why would you want a career orientated modern female?