World record deadlift at 500kg

>world record deadlift at 500kg
>World record axel ohp at 216kg
>Current world's strongest man, won by miles
>Came 3rd at last year's world strongest man due to injured hand, should have won
This is the strongest human to ever walk the planet, show him some respect

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qmyNbuvGIAI
youtube.com/watch?v=Y2BhWP1BVq8
youtube.com/watch?v=D3EjguU3U1g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

All those steroids and he chose to be fat.

How tall is this little guy?

6'3" 400 lbs

The strongest man to have ever lived is 6'3". How tall are you, nobody?

Hes not actually as fat as i thought he was. Maybe ive been watching grizzly too much

Fair enough. Looks about 5'5 on the photo. Probably because he is so wide

What the fuck happened?

Hall was just a "pretty good" strongman until the last couple of years, now yes exploded into being the world's strongest in both upper and lower body

How did he do it? He's even leaving Brian Shaw behind at this point

Look at that axle press, he could have done more, holy shit

Looks like hes leaned out quite a bit since he won World's Strongest Man. Is this recent?

I read somewhere he decided to do more oly

All other worlds strongest man competitors are pretty chill but eddie acts and talks like some edgy 14 year old
Check out his commentary for the 500 kg deadlift Jesus Christ

Damn' he's pretty tall but he's so wide that he looks short

Yeah the last few years he's improved every year, then he blew my mind last year. Came in 3rd with one hand pretty much, I knew if he was fit he'd win and that's exactly what he did this year. Is he natty, Veeky Forums?

Tall enough that next to him you'd appear to have the physique of a prepubertal girl.

After he won he said he was giving up strongman competitions for health and family reasons, was too taxing and took too much time. I also read he was going to focus on Olympic lifting like user said

>strongmanlets: when will they learn

most successful strongmen are actually 6'1"-6'5", it's just Brian shaw and Hafthor which are the two 6'8" outliers

This guy needs laser tattoo removal badly. Would probably make him money in the end because of the extra marketability it would give him.

off season strongman is the best mode

Que the insecure twinks coming from the CBT threads
>’muh fat’

Fuck off turds

I love him.
It really got me when he mentioned his nan. ;_;

Too bad he's retiring from WSM.

is this achieveable natty?

You would never be at his level even with steroids. He was a freak even in his early years. He unironically looked better than most people on Veeky Forums from just swimming as a teenager.

His genes are top tier and test levels are off the charts even without any roids.

>Oly
He'll disappear then. Oly is too hard and non competitive for all but the likes of Lu

Have you seen the podcast he appeared on?
He has Arnold-levels of competitiveness lmao

Tbf Bruce Wilhelm was an oly lifter and he later became a strongman and won WSM in '77 and '78. Maybe Eddie can do fine just in reverse. Maybe break any records or anything, but still have a decent total.

Yeah, but unlike Arnold, he is low IQ.

What the fuck are you on about lol? You are coping hard. Eddie's achieved more in life than you ever will.
>wife
>children
>conquered his dreams
>set two world records
>had a book about him published
>everyone knows his name
>he's happy

Absolutely. Just eat your weetabix and do your pushups.

And probably worth about 3 or 4 times you kek

Oly is the hard strength sport. The others are just hobbies. Oly guys can do PL etc with great success. The reverse is almost never true.

why do you say that?

>not thinking strongman is hard

The top athletes have literally taken decades off their life to get to the top

>No 6000kg back lift
Pathetic

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qmyNbuvGIAI

I am just saying, with his dedication and genetics, he might do just fine. I know they are completely different sports, but it's not unrealistic to assume that a man of such strength and willpower could have a decent total in oly.

I think he'd do better in BB though but he can do whatever he wants.

Listen to Eddie's interviews and then compare that to Konstantinovs or Sarychev or Brian Shaw even. Its very clear Eddie isnt all there

he's autistically determined to achieve whatever goals he has.

You’re overthinking things

Has anyone read his biography? Is it any good?

So are many people. Others are also more intelligent. That's all Im saying

nowhere close

French sailors apparently taunted MacAskill to lift an anchor lying on the wharf, which was estimated to weigh 2,200–2,700 pounds (1,000–1,220kg).

Yes and they happen to be the exception much akin to Usain Bolt. Most people might be shorter but being taller means you have a higher capacity for potential.

Lmao that primitive photoshop

>exception
>get btfo by 6'3" masterrace
really makes you think

exactly 0 of those have to do with iq, dont be mad baby

I always thought he was pretty charismatic and funny. When he was smashing everyone at the OHP they asked him why he doesn't use his legs since everyone else does, he laughed and said legs are for walking. Legend

Why do I feel like he's gonna go Matt Kroc on us

We need to extract his sperm and use it on lots of women

grbm8

he started juicing bro, fuckin duh

this is why he'll never be as good as Pudz, who was all natural his entire career

what went trough your mind to write such bullshit?

18 years plus, kid. I dont want to be rude man but those are the rules.

compared to the bloatlord he is a weak twink

>French sailors apparently taunted MacAskill to lift an anchor lying on the wharf, which was estimated to weigh 2,200–2,700 pounds (1,000–1,220kg).
What was the ROM?

watch the documentary about him on netflix
he basically had a millionaire sponsor his life so he could focus purely on diet, recovery and training.
>being this wrong
hes a self proclaimed autist but remarkably bright.

They don't, but I listed them to make you salty even more because you are coping super hard.

>h-he's the strongest person on the planet but a-at least I am smarter!

Looks like he lost about 200lbs.

>Shaw
I feel like he's one of the smartest guys and I'd love to see him coach and become a member of the strength training community, but he seems so shy and diminutive.

seriously doubt even could even 1/2/3/4 at that weight

To his chest, supposedly. I guess he would have set it up on its side and then basically deadlifted it. Pretty hard to believe, honestly.

However he was supposedly almost eight-feet tall without having any sort of growth disorder and had an 80-inch chest. I dunno user .

>His shoulders were 44 inches (110 cm) wide, and the palm of his hand 8 inches (20 cm) wide and 12 inches (30 cm) long; his wrists were 13.5 inches (34 cm) in circumference; his ankles measured 18 inches (46 cm) in circumference; by 1863 he was wearing boots 17.5 inches (44 cm) long. His feet were probably around 16 inches long and 8 inches wide.

Eddie seems pretty smart to me, honestly. Just a little autistic.

His mannerisms remind me of Ragnar for some reason

That sounds like a load of crap, honestly. There's no way anyone can lift 1300 kg up to their chest lol. That's basically a dead lift + muscle clean.

It depends on a lot of things we don't know, most importantly how tall the anchor was. It could have
been a partial ROM deadlift if the anchor was tall enough. People have lifted a lot more than that for small ROM.

Maybe he just hugged it and just budged it up. That's the only way I can see him doing it.

I think that's probably what he did. This was apparently witnessed by a large group of people so should be somewhat credible.

I bet he locked his arms under the bottom part of the anchor and just stood up with it. If it was tall enough this would be possible, I think. Especially if he was really as big as they say.

I mean Hafthor walked out with like 6k pounds on his bad for that viking log lift. It's all about ROM.

He's driven to be the worlds strongest man for a bit, then he's dropping out. His size is causing extreme health problems and he doesn't want to leave his wife and children without a husband and father.

>2018
>Not doing zercher anchor deadlifts for GIANT GAINS

Exatcly, He CHOSE to be fat. He already tried every other bodyfat percentage except stage ready and this is what he wanted.

Look at him 10 years ago, when he was 80kg lighter.

I know he looks tough as shit.

engineer here,
when testing the chain on the press the reading showed 6100kg needed to break the chain.
But the chain was set up in such a way so that it would only support axial load, so the strain of the material was collinear with force of the press.
The icelandic dude set up the chain in such a way that so that it would cause a bending strain which is significant compared to axial strain of the material.
Also there was a sharp angle on the resting point of the chain which acted as a cutter, much like a punch press does.
So instead of using 6100kg or about 61000N of force he probably used 500kg or 5000N of force.

Mirin.

ATTENTION ALL ANONS

here is the WSM final for anybody interested:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y2BhWP1BVq8

I fucking love Eddie Hall. He is such an inspiration, he does what people say he can't, on the reg. Any critic of him is from the mind of a bitch.

>family man
>successfully
>underdog

I think it's cool he's going to oly lifting. Eddie's drive will allow him to be the best at whatever he sets his mind too. We cab all learn from this man.

olylifting > powerlifting > strongman > bodybuilding

Regardless respect to all the above and these four are the only strength sports that matters.

>inb4 muh crosshit
>inb4 muh street workout
>inb4 muh useless functional strength

looks like a buff ass isaac brock

>Gay tats and moon face.
No thanks.

>le old timey legend must be true!~

thanks lad.

started GOMAD

Man that 472.5kg pull from Eddie didn't even look difficult.

I love that they held it in Botswana lol

Is this natty?

i can't be the only one who was screaming at Eddie to get that last fucking stone up

He never test positive

I don't think he's ever been tested at all!

>So instead of using 6100kg or about 61000N of force he probably used 500kg or 5000N of force.
still pretty freakish

Real funny guy to follow on Instagram. Mad to see wsm uploading casual lifting vids. Loads of shit like "warming up with 8 reps 245kg incline bench" and shit like that haha

gets KOd by mcgregor.

>‘I could’ve crushed McGregor in sparring session’
>youtube.com/watch?v=D3EjguU3U1g

>not tattooing adverts on your physique for an annual stipend