Veeky Forums Alcohol Survey

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdTLvTnhJpHYz68yLvodoesDhZAz5tG3DzizlJm8XcTHyOVsQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

With a lot of people trying to reduce alcohol consumption in 2018, I've made this survey to see what Veeky Forums's attitude towards alcohol is. Thanks for taking the time to fill it out bros.

That's actually a good idea, OP.

I used to drink because I actually love the taste of beer and trying different shit, but I feel like I'm getting into alcoholism territory since I can't stop drinking after my first few beers.
Also, for some reason, my body is not as though as it used to be in regards to alcohol.

Got really wasted on NYE because from now on I won't drink anything, unless I'm in a really important social meeting or some shit like that.

Hopefully I'll see better gains.

Filled out.
Post results later OP

Im 122 days without a drink here. Ive noticed a big difference in sleep and life gains

I'm jealous. How much did you drink before?

Exact same here (OP). No self control, end up getting wasted and blacking up only to be woken up by my alarm the next morning. Stay strong bro.

Thanks. Will do, want to make a proper post with some decent analysis before releasing full data set. Also want to get a lot more replies. Interested in things for example, what % of people who typically don't drink vs those who have 8+ beers 3-4 times a week, how they compare for 1/2/3/4 5rm.

Congrats bro and well done! I'm trying dry january.

Bumping

Done

There

1/2/3/4 is a pretty hard goal to achieve and people will e stat, the results of that suedtion will be worthless.

And the alcohol consumption question should be measured in units. I clicked 8+ beers but typically I'd drink 5 pints, a few cocktails and a few spirits.

>drinking beer
Pretty retarded for people who're afraid of soy and phytoestrogen.

>1/2/3/4 is a pretty hard goal
I ohp 1pl8 for 7, bench 2pl8 for 4 reps, squat 3pl8 for 1 rep and my deadlift 1rm is 370. I picked yes on that question because fuck legs.

>1/2/3/4 is a pretty hard goal to achieve

I was hoping people wouldn't bother e-statting because it's a fully anonymous survey and they wouldn't gain anything. Tbh, from the results gathered so far it seems like people aren't e-statting but being pretty honest.

While I could do units, to keep the questions simple I just stuck with pints - I think a number of people would just quit the survey if they had to look up their preferred beer, get the units per pint then total units from beer then do that with the other drinks. I think most people would just rather go yeah I drink a 2 pints and say 4 shots so that's probably in 3-4 pint territory.

>1/2/3/4
>hard

Its good the way it is.

Simple enough, but somewhat detailed. Short enough to not be annoying

Thanks user.

did it. looking forward to seeing the results OP.

>E-statting on an anonymous survey
Weak.

People can drink vastly more than 4 drinks in one go. Christ my tolerance when to shit when I hit mid-20s

Thanks. Will do a good writeup for yous.

My thoughts exactly.

That's why I have the 8+ option. I think my answers keep it simple for analysis, 1-4 typically is a sensible or hey I'm just being sociable drinker, 4-8 is yeah I'm here to get buzzed and have a good time, once you get past 8 drinks I'd say 90% of the time you're not stopping and heading for shit-faced territory. Personally I know I hold 12 pints before I get really bad, 14 is about blackout territory. But I've never drank 8 pints then been like yeah I'll stop now.

8 months clean. My sleep is much better and I feel like I have 4-6 extra hours in a day, between the time lost being near blackout drunk, hangovers and cringing at myself what retarded shit I did last night. Shit's good.

It is. It takes atleast a year of lifting with a good routine and diet. And almost nobody that has things going on in their life has the time and energy to do that. Only NEETs or people who dont do anything except work, lift and waste their time can achieve it.

In what world do you live that you think lifting 6hours a week, meal prepping every week and eating clean for a year isn't hard work? I can barely get 3 1-hour workouts in every week.

Mfw day two of sobriety
Haven’t gotten drunk in probably three months but would have a beer after work two/three times a week
I think I’m developing an allergy to beer or something, I’d start to get a headache halfway through a beer then feel like I got beat up (sore joints, muscle soreness) the next morning even though I hydrate like a mother

bump

Yeah that doesn't sound healthy haha.

A 6 pack of beer 7 days per week.
Start right away! I drank kids apple champagne on New Years and had no regrets. You can still go to parties, just drink juice or water.
Good Luck Everyone!

Currently filling out.
I wish you left the option to pick several options on the second question. I usually don't go over 2 pints, but I do drink spirits and cocktails, for professional and enjoyment reasons.

bump

Hey OP, maybe an "additional comments" section could be useful? or maybe something along the lines of "are you drinking less since you started lifting?" or something like that.
I'd wager the responses are interesting

I drink anywhere from 6-12 drinks every night. Been doing this for about 3 years now.

I drank heavily all through college, as in blacking out every weekend. I made some gains in college but much more in the year after college where all I did was work and lift.

I just wanted to keep the survey short and sweet for further analysis, like comparing the non-drinkers to the 8+ pint drinkers. Thats why I didn't separate into all the different categories, I wanted to keep it as a simple measure of units consumed without having you anons to actually calculate anything.

Thanks.

Added. While it would be an interesting answer I don't think the actual data it would yield would be applicable through other filters.

Yeah you're certainly damaging your gains.

Pretty much what I've been like. Trying to keep this year cleaner.

I understand why you made it that way.
But 2 pints and 2x 9cl pure liquor cocktails and 2 pints and nada is quite different.

Filled out and sent anyways.

Godspeed.

bump
How many replies are you looking for OP?

What the fuck is a pint you retarded bong

300 minimum, 500 would be a lovely number. Currently at 205, hoping with all us britfags coming on now and the amerifags joining in a few hours should bump us up tonight. Might leave it overnight and start the writeup tomorrow morning.

Either you're an american or someone who escaped the manlet pit. Back in you get.

>not looking up words you don't get
Never learn.

What the fuck even is 1/2/3/4 ?
you with your banana pl8 units

>Option to submit another response
Lmao @ur survey m8.

>not picking a random one

Hm?

and again, hmm?

Post results after dataminer-kun

THIS

as a 16 year old I got this with a year of awful training at 185 lbs 5'11

I wouldn't even say my genes are great. I wasn't an athlete either, just a weird kid who listened to classical music and played computer games a lot.

But then I watched my friend squat 315 for a double ATG his first try. Granted he was fat but still.

So whatever you start where you start.

>dataminer-kun
wu-wut is this thing you speak of

You have to share your datamining results, don't be a bad goy and fulfill our data-hungry autism
P-please (or a barbell will snap in half, you'll have its death in your mind forever)

Your results are going to be garbage because after you fill out a survey it asks if you want to submit another form. Some cheeki breeki could make 400 entries of garbage if they had an hour of autoit experience.

Oh yeah I'm planning to do that for tomorrow morning. I'm waiting until I get in the 300-500 response region then doing some analysis.

They could indeed and if you want to spend your night doing that it's a bigger waste of your time than mine. I didn't want to have to ask anons to sign into their gmail account.

Sure, just keep on spamming that so more retards will read and consider doing it

Good goy

just bought a bottle of whisky, rum, vodka and gin
judge me

>agasa posting

Get off muh Veeky Forums you sick fuck

Nah, and there's nothing you can do to make me leave :D

Cheers.

Alcoholic. Judged and sentenced. I'm resisting the cravings to crack open a few beers I have in my fridge.

what is with all this weird language...

Also, some people focus on some parts more than others.

Yeah, I can do the OHP and squat for 5, but the bench is just under my 1RM and I’ve never DL’d over 365 lbs (or even tried)

>all of these asmrfus to choose from
>he picks a 13yo anne frank wannabe

lmaoing at your life desu senpai

bump

I'm only 23 but I have serious alcoholism. I'm talking waking up and buying a pint of vodka and being done with it by noon before i go get another one. I only went to the gym a few days in December because drinking was taking s much of my time. I'm done with it though. I got into the Air Force and they've got serious issues with that shit. My withdrawals were awful yesterday. Didn't really sleep but i ran two miles this morning. Hopefully i feel good enough to go to the gym tomorrow

>Can you do 1/2/3/4 for 5 reps *
>Yes
>No
>I don't actually lift

And take a guess what % selected I don't actually lift lol.

Yeah that's an issue dude. They'll boot you out. Have you mentioned to anyone in the Air Force? Do they have any schemes were you could get help? Could be worth making inquiries. Congrats on knocking it off though.

Good job bro

My last drink was a glass of champagne new years eve in 2015. Life is so much better. I wasn't even that bad of a drinker (a few beers during the week, partied one night of the week) and the improvements in my life were amazing. More money, no hangovers, better gains etc. Literally I do everything better now. Sometimes I think about having a beer now and again, and when it comes down to it, I don't want to. It's just better without.

The only person in the Air Force that knows is the girl that helped me get in. She's kind of a girlfriend but not really though. She set me up with a recruiter that gave me a waiver for a DWI which I was told is practically unheard for for the Air Force. I'm just gonna take it one day at a time. I'd like to think that I won't fuck this up because it's my last option. Failed out of college cause I was drunk all the time. The girl warned me that tech school has a lot of partying but I'm just going to keep it cool and say no to that stuff. Maybe find an AA in whatever city I'm at.

She's just one of the many orbited r9k meme girls
I like collecting memes, cuz why not
She looks like a cute and more autistic Anne Frank (who cares about her vids anyways), it's an interesting phenotype (also not underage)

Do you unironically listen to/follow asmr girls?

Calm your steroid tits, I'm not seeking conflict

What even is 1/2/3/4 anyways?

just filled it out as if it was still june 2016

Didn't drink for 731 days. Really improves memory and cardio. However, social life really suffers if you're an introvert.

been like 3 yrs for me

used to uniroincally drink 8 beers (miller lite lel) a night

life is better to say the least

Always remember Veeky Forums, drinking with the intention of getting drunk IS a form of alcoholism.

>what is 1/2/3/4
It's a weak goal that people who drink will never acheive.

>got so drunk two nights in a row that i shit myself both nights
i need help

(former) binge drinker here. whats your typical week like drink wise?

I'm an introvert, I never cared that much about social life, the only thing I would like to have is a deep relationship with a true friend/girlfriend (depends on their gender, wouldn't have sex with a male super best friend)
I have been blessed with nearly every dna mutation that makes you process alcohol and alcoholic beverages like water, if not better, so I just need to watch out for my stomach or acid;
I drink for the taste, I am not American if that may culturally matter.

Surely it improves memory, I agree, if you drink everyday you will still be processing the alcohol, so you'd be kinda intoxicated anyway

Are you an alcoholic, since you count the days?
I never really got drunk, just lost my balance once in my life when I mixed god knows what nearly over 2 liters, then throwed myself on my bed after 1 hour (end of drinking time, holiday)

60kg OHP
100kg Bench
140kg Squat
180kg Diddy

Why what's happened since lol

Fair fucks.

Fair fucks as well.

Lol

Mate wtf. Shit yourself...I could understand pissing yourself but that's something else.

two twelve packs of craft beer over a week

Please, explain
We're all bruhs here, don't be a /b/ tier user
I have easy gains with not that much of weight, I just started browsing fit again and posting

1 plate OHP (60kg), 2 plate bench (100kg), 3 plate squat (140kg), 4 plate deadlift (180kg).

i was a major drinker and fat. fell ass backwards into a LEO career and basically had a year to get fit before the academy. saved my life i think.

dependent on the craft beer i guess, but how often would you say you get drunk and how often do you black out.

Thanks, I'm not that much committed to lifting

Do people on this board respect anons who slowly climb their way to lifting insane amounts of weight too (you gotta start somewhere, can't lift 3 times your body weight randomly without exercise)? Or is it just a meme/elitary/steroid/nolife thingy?

Pls senpais, enlighten me

once or twice every couple of weeks. this weekend more than usual because of new year's

Why were you fat? I'm just curious, if you know why
Also LEO? wut is that?

Oh, how can you guys black out by drinking alcohol?
And how's your beer? I tried some American ones and they were like water

I should be a tripfag, but you know me as the alcohol=water user

That's about what I was knocking through over the weekend. Blackout 3-4x a week.

He's saying that 1/2/3/4 isn't actually that much weight and if you were dedicated enough to gaisn to stop drinking it would be easily achievable.

I know that but what was
about?

Good stuff.

I'd respect an user who could do 1/2/3/4. I respect those I know irl who can do it. I mean realistically a 2pl8 deadlift is out of a normie's grasp.

Just lift 3x a week and eat well and you'll get there.

Blackout by drinking alcohol? Whenever I hit 12-14 beers I'll just instantly travel to the next morning. I don't know how or why. It used to scare me but now I know it's just me losing any memory - I don't actually go unconcious, my friends have no way of knowing I blacked out until I asked them what happened the morning after. Normally I just do the same shit, maybe giggle a bit more.

oh ok i thought you needed actual help. good luck dont overdo it. if it starts actually affecting your life negatively come back

I don't feel as if I am depending on alcohol, however I like being drunk, and once I had some beers I often cannot stop and end up wasted. One day I decided to reduce drinking, because I act like a piece of shit when I'm drunk, I did so much shit when I was drunk, I wasted so much time, and so on. However I soon noticed that it is way easier to not drink at all than drink less.
Main problem is that I am pretty shy around people and unable to relax, so staying sober really is somewhat of a social life killer for me. Nevertheless, I feel better overall without alcohol, even if most people cannot understand why one wouldn't drink (also not American). It's weird to them. I did not know that so many "regular" people cannot live without alcohol.

I like to keep track of my days without alcohol on my calendar. When I get tempted I think of all the hard work ive done, and i dont want to lose the progress

It's good that way, you're doing well, bro.

So you wouldn't respect me? I can't be that much committed to lifting to achieve those weights/results... But in my "small" I gain a lot of muscle and improve quickly (I lift at home)

>blackout
Italian user, I mixed 1lt of heavy wine, at least 6 shots of vodka, acid fruit (?), limoncello, rum, some weird Italian liquor, more heavy wine again; and I never blacked out, I just lot a bit of balance/visual focus, slept normally, then threw up because of the stomach acid (that's a weird mix)

I like the brain depression (relax) alcohol gives too.
Exactly, same thing for the third line sentences, it naturally helps me "open" to people, feeling like a normie, being myself killing anxiety and so on. But I drink mainly for the taste/buzz since I withdrew from social life some years ago
I may have any girl, friend and so on, too bad I don't care about that

(and I have the money to afford every kind of brand/quality, feels good to experiment with them all)
Controlling your stomach and few muscles near it helps a lot too (read the dna thingy up too)

>why were you fat
depression which caused me to eat like shit, drink a fuck ton, and be sedentary. also made me do fuck all in other aspects of life. it was a really really dark time for me and i did very embarrassing and regrettable things (mostly while drunk). it caused me to lose a lot of people i care about and regardless of the fact im a completely new person, i know i cant get them back because they cannot look at me like a happily functioning adult. its hard to think about sometimes but i cant change whats already done. i can only try with the people i still want to be close to and hope they see how ive changed. its my punishment i suppose. but i embrace it by treating everyone better than i used to. and the new people in my life are therefore closer to me than the old ever were. ranting i know, but i was a real alcoholic and id do anything to spare someone heading down that road from the black hole i experienced. truly a hellish way to spend your days.

>LEO
law enforcement officer. random i know, but once i had the opportunity (it was a long shot) i did everything i could to turn my life around and seize it. in the end i still dont know how i beat everyone i was competing for the position against but i did. and now, i have a career where ill max out making 110k a year and retire at 50 making 65% pension for the rest of my life. plus the best benefits available.

>blacking out
ive heard the longer you binge drink the more prone you are to blacking out. so people that commonly black out black out easier the more times they black out habitually in their past. for me, it was almost once a week sometimes losing hours of my memory. typically if i drank a lot or drank on an empty stomach (sometimes all id have in my system is alcohol on a given day) id always black out a little and lose about an hour or two before whenever i went to bed.

>american beer
depends what you get honestly. yuengling is a good representation of american brew.

Ah you mean would I respect you because you don't lift 1/2/3/4. Yeah. Your question didn't really make sense the way you seem to have thought it did. Everyone has different goals. As long as your making progress, and aren't like that soyboy commie thing I see the gif of using the smith machine then yes, you're working towards a respectable goal. Keep working for it user.

I'm the same for the relaxation part but it removes my self control and I always drink to blackout. Think it's time for me to be sensible now.

Undergrad I'd get blasted every friday. When I worked service industry I would get blasted every other day. Now In grad school and the effects of my drinking are even worse. Anything more than 2 beers and I wont stop drinking. Then I'll black out and do something stupid like get in a fight or fuck a fat chick or piss the bed or pass out in front of my apartment. I don't even puke anymore, I think my body gave up. I went like 2 months without drinking for school purposes but this winter break has come back with a vengeance. I think I'll stop again now that I keep getting physically injured when I drink and make a fool of myself in front of friends.

and just to clarify, this was while i was in college. i wasnt some sleeping in the gutter type person and i think i exaggerate the extent of my state during my dark period but only because it truly was the darkest period of my life personally and i can easily say alcohol was the #1 contributor. it KEEPS you depressed. but i did maintain a job this entire period while going to school and passing. i would go to class with a few drinks in me sometimes but i never went to work drunk. so in that way i was a functioning alcoholic.

>why you were fat answer
That sound pretty good, glad you got there
Guess I'm lucky to most likely never experience being an alcoholic (see the dna mutations thingy)

>blacking out answer
Woah, never experienced that, and I drank a lot on my maxium experience, even for the normal people's standards
When I drink I usually feel or control my stomach, avoiding throwing up/killing myself/acid

>American beer answer
Never tried that, many I tried were water, my main beer is Danish Faxe 10%, easy 500ml (would drink 1lt tho)

Oh god that gif...
No, I'm making personal progress in my free time, constantly, I like lifting, I love increasing weight, close to lifting my body weight (80kg, not that fat)
So huh, thanks ( I was an archer, I'm compensating the imbalances too )

The only self control I have is feeling my stomach, without controlling it/feeling most of it would lead to drinking insane amounts of alcohol and basically get drunk (not yours, it's relative)

>10%
yeah ive heard typical european beer is in general a higher percentage. we have it too. you can get more craft beers than ever in any liquor store if you really want. we just have "lite" beer consumed at insane quantities because its cheap as fuck, goes down as you said "like water," and can easily be consumed in large amounts which is perfect for parties, events, games etc. light beers are typically no more than 4%. yuengling is about 4.2% i believe but its an american lager and tasty af. but our craft beers easily get up to 12% and some are really good.

where do you live friend?

No more than 4%? Woah
How many times would I go to the bathroom?
Also I'm in Italy, the 10% ones are found even in supermarkets (alcohol up to 40% too usually)
Nobody cared that much about the drinking age too (18 for everything, 16 for beer), but that's low compared to your standards (?)

Being blessed with NW/N/NE/E dna feels good when talking about alcohol

Typical European beer isn't higher percentage. There are still shit beers over there.
In Holland I've had Jupiler, Bavaria, Heineken. They are as bad as the typical American beer.

Now, I've never been to America, but my guess is that in Europe is just much easier to find real beer without having to buy overpriced nu-male craft beers (muh ipas).

Guess you never tried American light beer then, it's water, literally
And pls, don't drink fermented shit ones

t.10% user

Dub dubs, Europe best beer confirmed

>how many times would i go to the bathroom
lol thats a funny question but depends how much you drink i guess. and idk if youre familiar with the expression "breaking the seal" but basically once you piss once, youll be pissing every 30 minutes.

>supermarkets
yep here too, at least in my state. as i said our craft beers arent sold in 24-30 cases and are tough for typical people to binge drink so they are more drank on a chill basis. however ive done brewery crawls and have gotten shitfaced on craft beer.

>our standards
our drinking age is 21. truthfully it should be 18 since we can send 18 year olds to war. its the smartest dumb reason to change the age imo. regardless, teenagers drink all the time and its hardly enforced.

>muh ipas
i agree that the craft beer culture is annoying af but i love ipas. probably the most refreshing beer type ive ever had. also its not difficult to find higher percentage beer here. not in the slightest its in every spot its sold now. its just not consumed anywhere near the frequency as budweiser, miller, or coors

Indeed it is. I had so many trappists and german weiss, enjoyed the most that I could.
Even got some Westvleteren from the place itself.

>breaking the seal
God, many times that's true, one you pee you never go back, kek

>supermarkets
What's your state? Some craft beers may often feel like whole meals, they can be heavy indeed

>age standards
Don't Americans seem to tolerate alcohol not that much? Don't you many times do random illegal shit in public risking to harm other people? Guess your high age standards are fair
The army? Oh well, here it would get soooo political... let's avoid that

Weissbier, god, many of those are the whole meals I'm talking about, but sometimes they're necessary, you just have to drink 1lt of one of them, lol

It's actually -
68kg OHP
113kg Bench
159kg Squat
205kg Diddy
Don't be so facetious user