>Unironically lbs
Oh shit man, that sucks. Hope everything goes well in 2018

Reeee dont create new right when i blog post
>woke up feeling like shit
>tired and no motivation to lift
>somehow force myself to go to gym
>didnt even set up for bench at all
>somehow have the greatest bench session ever

What the fuck lads normally i go through all those cues and set up fucking long as fuck and get 0 arch and 0 tightness. Today i felt tight as fuck and benched with ease despite feeling like shit. What is wrong with me?

>Novice lifters and novice powerlifters are two different things
We're talking about novice lifters lad, why would a novice powerlifter do SS?

>I wouldnt introduce a complete novice to the powerlifts straight away, id want them to develop non specific general strength and get movement patterns down in a different way
But you still would spoonfeed them whether you go the SS pathway or the dave tate pathway of GPP building

Can someone recommend me a deadlift protocol? Been stuck at 180kg for a while.

lmaoooo crosshitters do more than that in KG with round backs for reps and they go home to shitpost on instagram

I love her tat.

That was a couple years ago senpai, I'm basically normal at this point

I used Plazma™ and my deadlift blew up.

One day per week do the 5-3-1 protocol.

Second day of the week after squats, do 3 to 5 by 5 repetitions of more deadlift, stiff-legged deadlift, deficits, or snatch grip deadlift.

Increase training max by 10 lb every 3 weeks, deload on every 7th week.

oh ok. the comment about 2018 still stands tho

>If by mess you mean improve then yeah

THAT DEPENDS

brainlets wont understand this video

>youtube.com/watch?v=84FaroGrPZU

the fk is he saying i dont get it

Its another /surprised and angry that I got weaker even though I haven't lifted for 2 weeks/ episode

If I don't get 30 reps on bench in a minute I'm going to KILL MYSELF AND I MEAN IT

Find a new hobby.

ONLY 25

THATS IT

>not finishing upper days with DB bench for time

do you still think like pic related?

Wtf i thought garagebro said to do your own programming i hate garagebro now

and now he says programming doesnt matter just go lift

>2015 was 10 years ago
Oof

>programming doesnt matter just lift
>dont program hop tho or youre not gonna make gains
Which one is it then

>do JM press yesterday because garagebro always talks about it so it must be good
>elbow AIDS today

Wtf I trusted you

jesus, not a single damn useful reply, 100% shit memes

You went too heavy

Depends on the athlete.

Guys that actually want to get strong can go into the gym and enjoy lifting and get stronger for a long time.

People that think they want to be strong who are natural try-hards need to be spoon-fed.

Thats because no one here ever was stuck on fucking 180 dl. I mean cmon just week ago some user was just doing 5 reps every day adding 5kg untill he reached 200

You have to start out reallyyy light

the actual program you pick thats proven isnt important just stick with it

>going heavy the first day
are you a dummy

ive been building up the tendons for jm press for a while, started with just the bar adding 10kg a session

im at 60kg next session. Its still piss easy but hey gotta do it. i bench slightly over 130kg if it matters

well im stuck too, an answer to that question would help me and possibly other weakfags too

180kg is so low that it should improve on literally any novice/early intermediate program, you're either not eating enough/not recovering properly/overtaxing yourself at the gym/doing a shitty meme routine.

i use smith machine for JM Press

programming doesnt matter just go lift

i dont have that luxury, how does it differ from a free barbell

Finally.. Thank you

>Hey guys I'm stuck on 100kg bench please help me, maybe I should do smolov Jr?

I thought 40kg would have been light enough. :(

kek

Smolov, Sheiko or 5/3/1, make sure to have a spotter, 100kg is dangerous weight.

I started at 30kg

>programming doesn't matter just go lift

>are
*aren't natural try-hards

hows this relevant?

according to instruction videos on YT, in JM Press you need the bar to come down vertically and not diagonally like in the bench.
using smith machine ensures that bar path and so it maximizes the triceps dynamic the exercise wants.

>roidaroos and talentchads trying to trick gdes to just lift
Lmoa i can already see in one or two months all those post about no progress and how /plg/ lied to them xdddd

Lel
Because

>2 years ago
No

Literally not what im saying, just go lift is terrible advice, what im saying is people get so hung up on sets and reps and exercise selection and its not as important as putting effort in and recovering properly

Too heavy, i started at 20kg with a 180 bench

Opps

>one or two months all those post about no progress
That's most of the lifters here who are asking for programs. When it gets tough they just program hop and never work through basic plateaus.

I could barely do it with proper form with 70 lbs, I think I need to drop down to 40

To be fair that's not against the program and more against the person literally all programs say they're templates I managed to milk 4 day 1rm for a good 9-12 months thanks to tweaking it to my needs

Yeah pretty much this i also tried with 40kgs first time but realized its way to heavy and went down to 20

4day tm*

you prob did it wrong a +300lbs bencher should have no trouble jm pressing 70lbs, even if you did a tri extension instead

My elbows were not happy, and my triceps are definitely much weaker than my chest and shoulders. I do LTEs with less weight than Twink does

if you got shitty elbows that could explain why, but also should be why you should do them

it will make it stronger, just like squatting strengthens the knees

>To be fair that's not against the program and more against the person
You're right.

Some lifters are disciplined and driven. Others arent, and they love to blame their programming.

I'm planning on doing them more, don't worry

>basic plateaus.
that just means that volume has become insufficient to drive disruption and needs to be increased

Pretty sure most of gde blame themselves not programming and are well aware theyre the problem. Like me tfw forgot to eat whole day user.

>that just means that volume has become insufficient to drive disruption
No. More often than not, it's this shit

>most of gde blame themselves not programming and are well aware theyre the problem. Like me tfw forgot to eat whole day user

90% of the time it's faggots being undisciplined retards instead of doing the program.

>forgot to eat whole day
how does one forget to eat the whole day?
i mean, dont you get hungry at some point and realize you didnt eat at all?

>dont you get hungry
Not at all actually i dont remember when was the last time i ate when i was hungry instead of eating because i know i have to eat. I can easily go 3 days on just water without even feeling hungry

870lb total pretty decent progress for 1 year.
>5'11 250lb fatass 1/1/17
>Decide to lift
>Never lifted before in my life
>1/1/18 stats
202lb
345 1rm squat
355 1rm dead
170 1rm bench

>inb4 my bench is shit I know

Everything is shit tbf.

I'm an autist that was supposed to be a question

"Is 870lb total pretty decent progress for one year?"

Find a new hobby, and take your teenage girl eating disorder somewhere else.

good progress bro

progress since march:

242lb/110kg squat
374lb/170kg
165lb/75kg

Had to take some time off from squatting due to injury, it should be around 140 at least:(

Pulled my 170kg pr today though I'm happy

What are you currently doing, what's your bodyweight, height, training history?

Honestly, no. But you also lost 50lbs during that period so you were working against yourself. It doesn't matter though just keep working and getting yourself strong.

142.5kg bench, I've never done more than 30kgx12 for JM press because tricep death

Keep spoonfeeding him. Maybe he'll try harder.

Tbh my diet is weak as fuck. Not enough protein, too many carbs. Need to figure that shit out

ive watched it 4 times now i still dont get it someone help

>Literally not what im saying

Never forget on plg you're not allowed to express an opinion that has grey areas. Everything needs to fit into a dichotomy kthxbi

No i like lifting and it keeps me from starving myself

Losing 50lb isn't shit

I'm doing Garrett Blevins Late Int. Been doing that most of last year. Before that did SS, then Cowboy Method. Currently around 83kg, around 5 8". Gaining weight atm. Have 165kg squat and 102.5kg bench (in competition). Found steady progress in squat and bench from Blevins but less so deadlift.

Is it percentage based or RPE based? His free programs seem to have disappeared off his site, at least I can't find it on my phone.

You got any vids of your diddly?

its % based.

btw im the other user. tried the cuckols programs for DL. didnt do much.

Can I come train with you? It would only take me about an hour to get to Gravesend.

>Is it percentage based or RPE based?

It's more RPE based, the sheets do have %ages have guidelines but I mainly use RPE. Pic related. I don't run it as a 4 day, I just do one day on, one day off.

>vids

Not a recent one, but yeah - youtube.com/watch?v=NH3Cb4fcGbc&t=1m27s

I'm more straight backed now but form and strength is more or less the same.

which program?

>Garrett Blevins Late Int.
on the website only the early int is available. where is the late int?

Oh sorry made mistake, I was thinking of his early novice and late novice programs. I do early int, there isn't a late int.

Come whenever mate

Not today though im training now cause im busy later

We train mon wed fri 6pm onwards

so youre on a 3-day program now?!

And sat, generally around midday but weve been going to folkestone in recent weeks

what is the relation between

>strength speed
>speed strength
>maximum strength

cant find any info on the internet

If it's like that but just straighter backed it could still cause an issue. Looks like you push the bar forward with your shins a bit, and drop your hips too low. Your hips have to shoot up to compensate and you end up overworking the lower back and not utilising your glutes as well as you could.
Over time this will limit how much weight you can move, fatigue you quicker etc so if you're self selecting weight to use you might be low balling because your form is constantly artificially inflating RPE.

What day do you normally do ME bench? i'd like to do some work in/ get some advice on my equipped bench so that might line up nicely.

Max effort bench is mondays

Yeah come down, got a guy prepping for a comp benching 320 in multi so will be able to help you

>strength speed
>speed strength

what

>Looks like you push the bar forward with your shins a bit, and drop your hips too low.

Ye I've noticed this too and have been fixing my set up. Happens very rarely now. I think programming wise I might do something I make and keep it simple, 5s/3s one day and pauses another to work on form. Supplement with BB rows & stuff.

strength speed is moving a heavy weight as fast as possible
speed strength is moving fast with the heaviest weight possible

now tell me what the relation is between those 3 listed concepts. I wanna know how I improve maximum strength through improving those 2

> benching 320
Pls be lbs.... ;-;

Naaaaa boyyyy