How bad are mass builders for you?

I got pic related a year or so ago and its been sort of gathering dust in my pantry. I heard it has a lot of sugar or something since your body just treats the carbs in it as simple. anyone know anyting about these?

99% are unregulated chink dust
stay away

I've had my fair share of diff brands for mass gainers, this one is for sure high in the sugar content, but depends on your bodytype how you will react to that. Most people will argue for making your own mass gainer for that very reason. I'm just too lazy.

Get myprotein brand. It's basically just whey and oat flour, and not loads of cane sugar.

so just pitch it or give it to someone else? I thought about taking like a quarter\half serving or something a day just to sort of get rid of it.

Mass gainers are the biggest meme. Might as well finish the tub off though.

freshman year of college i downed 2 of these shakes a day, put on an insane amount of muscle (15-20 pounds). Pushed my newb gains through the roof. I would be careful though, I am naturally skinny so it probably worked well with my body type.

When I first started working out I was kind of skinnyfat at like 165 lbs. I used a mass gainer, can't remember which one but it has like 900 calories in it. It definitely worked and I got up to 185 pretty fast. The PROBLEM is that I didn't know wtf I was doing in the gym, so I could have utilized those nooby gains a lot better.

I wouldn't say don't use a mass gainer at all, if you're just starting to lift it would probably help you bulk fast, but I'd still recommend eating more actual food over drinking a mass gainer. Also make sure you have a legit routine

thats what I sort of figured I might as well do. the first ingredient is maltodextrin. which is sugar I'm pretty sure....

also, if you've been lifting a while I wouldn't take a mass gainer.

I'm only like 155 pounds. I've pretty much stayed in otter mode

the primary carb in these is maltodextrin, which is considered to be a complex carb (although still on the short end of the "complex" spectrum)

>which is sugar I'm pretty sure
jfc would it kill you to spend 5 seconds with google?

Yep, maltodextrin is literally just waste product used as a filler for things like meme powder. It has the nutritional value of cardboard.

>a cup of oats
>5 egg whites
>2 glass of milk
>a scoop of whey
>one banana
There's your mass gainer you plebs

I like to add 2 tablespoons of peanut butter for extra kcal

Make a youtube video where you drink the entire tub in one sitting and then violently throw up for an hour afterwards, it might make 15 bucks in ad revenue

Tbsp of olive oil for ez free calories

I use about 1/8 of the serving for a decent post workout shake. The 6lb tub is cheap and lasts forever. It has waxy maize as its carb source, same ON protein and other vitamins/minerals/amino acids.
Since I can’t eat solid food right after I finish lifting, this does the job well.

Protein powder and weight gainers are memes. Eat real food instead.
Here's a shake:
A banana
10 egg whites
1 cup of oatmeal
A spoonful of natural peanut butter

Why don't you eat it before a workout?

Carbs are god's gift for lifting

>Protein powder and weight gainers are memes. Eat real food instead.
Weight gainers are shit but whey protein is actually high quality protein according to research review.

Egg whites are more bioavailable than whey

Testify Brother!

Concentrated diabetes in can.

If you're a skelly will also fuck your kidneys up since they not used to filtering that much shit anyways compared to some fat feeder piglet.

Water, eggs, milk, cottage cheese, water, chicken, water, oats, sleep. With normal foods you can at least feel when it's too much.

I keep egg whites out of my shakes as while pasteurized (from a carton) is safe there is less nutrient absorption than if they are cooked.

My go-to shake is: Banana, Greek Yogurt (unsweetened), Blueberries, Splash of Soy Milk.

It's about the same according to Alan Aragon's research review which I read. Most of my protein is Whey and eggs for that reason.

It's a great mass gainer but it will drain your wallet brah. Focus on eating real food and protein shakes, and save the amss gainers for the days you couldn't eat as much as you wanted

Fast carbs and fast (whey) protein - You're supposed to drink it right after your workout, or during your workout if it lasts longer than 60 minutes.
Then the fast GI of carbs is good as the reuse of muscle tissue (autophagy) in your blood stream, is increased. I wouldn't drink a gainer at any other time.

Egg *whites* have piss poor bioavailability in the research I read. It's together with the yolk, it's great.
Pic included is some other reference but Im unfamiliar with that index.