/fast/ #72 feasting in front of fatties edition

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0

>WHY SHOULD I FAST?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
Mix 2,000mg of lite salt & pink salt into a liter of water and drink that throughout the day. This is like Gatorade without the sugar, it'll keep you hydrated.
youtube.com/watch?v=8Ox9WXFcNIY

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>WHAT IS DRY FASTING? WONT I DEHYDRATE MYSELF?
No food or water consumption. Try this after your first water fast if you want. It's the fastest way to ketosis and autophagy.The longest record is 18 days. (Don't fucking dry fast for 18 days. 3-5 max)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreas_Mihavecz

>More dry fasting info
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/
youtube.com/watch?v=81a10sZ4duU&t

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m6KClPkotxM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Who else is ready to start 2018 right with a high quality 72 hour snake juice fast? I know I am.

>disclaimer:I'm not fasting, just doing a low cal diet (1/3-1/2 of maintenance calories)

How do you guys deal with the stomach aches when trying to fall asleep?
Like every night I just sit in bed for an hour or two trying to fall asleep and then the ache becomes unbearable and distracting so I have to go eat a yogurt or something which usually stops the stomach pain.

>As for my progress
I was 225lbs around Christmas. As of today I'm at 212lbs. Plan on doing this until I feel comfortable with my weight. Stomach is flat as hell like Alex Jones.

I can't wait to get muh qt pie azn gf.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who loves Taeri, she's really a rare beauty.
Anywho I can't sympathize with you since I actually don't eat at all, I actually fast. My stomach doesn't hurt at all. What gets me is the lethargy, dizzness and sleepless nights after the third day.
Try doing OMADs and getting yourself used to not eating at all, by the way this isn't a low cal diet thread, you can go to /fat/ if you want to talk about that. This is a fasting OMAD thread so we talk about fasting here.

Do you really even need snake juice on a fast that short?

yeah im a big beefy sweaty guy though so eating anything under 1 thousand cals is basically a fast ok sweetie c:

Go to /fat/.
You are hungry because you are dieting instead of fasting.
When you fast you go to ketogenesis and you no longer get hungry as your body eats itself.
Or you could eat your one meal close to dinner time so you sleep better.

Wrong

44 hours down, 700 hours to go.

>You are hungry because you are dieting instead of fasting.
I'm not hungry, I'm only eating a serving of meat and eggs a day because I'm still lifting weights. You have a good point that I could simply eat closer towards bedtime though. I get sidetracked at night tho cuz im texting my qt j-waifus

This. If you're not doing no food January, you have no willpower.

>stomach pain
That stomach pain is hunger.
Unless you mean that your stomach hurts when you touch it.

>47:1 fasting
I have dropped from 245 to 237 since last thursday but I binged on saturday because I had a bad headache and wanted it to go away.
This is really intense.
I think I need to change my goal weight from 220 to 180.

i'm doing bulk january

yeah but im not hungry so is it really hunger?

Why are you in our thread fatass this is why i fucking hate fat people, they take up obnoxious amounts of space EVERYWHERE THEY GO

Good books about fasting?

Started water fasting 5 minutes before midnight in NYE, planing to fast till the 9th. I've done IF for like a year now with great results for my weight loss. Doing this 9 day fast to jump start my diet again since packing on a few lbs over the holidays. Also trying to jump start keto and maintain it. Should I think about taking a salt pill? I already take zma and d3 which may or may not absorb in a fast? Abwyays should I take the salt? Should I take anything else?

Time-restricted feeding is a form of fasting. Calm your autism.

Why are you in a fast thread if you aren't fat? Anyways, my bmi is 27.1 so I'm only slightly overweight which is mostly muscle. I'm losing weight to become an endurance runner which means sacrificing about 30-50 more lbs of lean body mass. Probably only going to lose another 30lbs at first so I dont look like a twig though.

sonic the hedgehog volume 1

just get a bowl of chicken soup and dont eat the noodles bro
The Qu'ran, inshallah

>been using fasting for years
>listen to this
youtube.com/watch?v=m6KClPkotxM
>guest says even having a cup of black coffee breaks a fast

EXPLAIN THIS BLASPHEMY

please stop posting this ugly moronic cunt. she's really not worth listening to

It's literally the first time I heard her, ease my fears man.

How has fasting affected your workouts? Should I only be doing 3-4 workouts a week, or can I be doing 6-7? What is everyone's experience with this and workout frequency?

>seven years ago fattie
>spent a spring and a summer doing IF, walk/run, and light lifting
>lost 100lbs
>keep it off 5 years
>meet qt at park where I ran
>move in
>return to college, finally graduate
flash forward 2 years
>married, cute 18 boy, full time job
>gained 60lbs back

I fasted this past summer 2 weeks and shaved off 30, now I'm finishing the fight, going for a full four weeks fast before I go back to IF. House is full of delicious frut and kid food, easy snack size. god help me, fit

it's not true. jason fung allows as much tea/coffee as you want.

If fat loss is your goal, you should definitely drink a lot of black coffee. It suppresses hunger, increases your metabolism and lowers your insulin. It's basically what I subsist of during fasts and it's great.

Fung also said that studies have proven you can't lose weight on a traditional calorie deficit diet, so I'd taken anything he says with a massive grain of salt.

Is this rhonda(ronda) patrick? (Cant youtube).

If so, I assume this is where she says even coffee starts some sort of enzymatic process that kicks you out of being fasted or something?

I can't contradict her because I haven't seen the study she bases this thought on,

You have an 18 year old boy after 2 years? She's a single mother? Dude...no...

daily reminder that i'm the laziest fucker here and am still one of the only people posting results

if you aren't losing 0.5 LB per day, you're strategy isn't working

I've been doing a nsuns 5 day program on OMAD, haven't had any problems so far.

@44177527

(You)

(You're right about the pics tho)

lifting more than 3 times a week natty and bulking is foolish, let alone on a fast.

running is different though running on a fast is similarly foolish

English motherfucker, DO YOU SPEAK IT?

When are going to start lifting? Or are you just going to fast until you disappear.

>fasting for this
you looked better with the hair than without, too, ya fag

I am trying to get back into cycling full time, so we're riding this train all the way down to 127lbs, 57kg ish

i am still working on healing my rotator cuff injury so there is absolutely no weightlifting in my future of any kind hahaha

Not really, no

lmfao tell that to the flilipina chick who calls me "gwapo" while she rides me

If I'm doing cardio and HIIT, would that be the same?

I think he means he married a cute 18 year old boy.

26 hrs into my 88hr fast leading into OMAD 18-6

No, he is 18 years old now. He was 11 when the whole story started.

I'd say drink more water

lmao this soyboy thinks filipinas are hard... bro I've got 50 flip girls trying to get my aryan seed not even asking child support

nobody gives a fuck, you cant even speak english, you fat unintelligible cunt

>qt woman
>single mother
Now we got cucks in our threads

>nobody gives a fuck, you cant even speak english, you fat unintelligible cunt
What was wrong with my post?

>lifting more than 3 times a week natty and bulking is foolish

L
O
L

>projecting this hard

good luck m8 :)

water just fucks your electrolyte balance. the only way to win is to suffer

Reminder, hide twink replies, ignore twink posts

>@44177527
You have to go back

15pc bodyfat guy 52 hours in
It hasn't been that easy
Ran 4 miles yesterday and didn't get much sleep tonight thankfully I just took a nap
Still no abs
Over

What if you do OMAD while eating Keto and nothing processes. I know Keto is known to prevent the base metabolism from dropping.

I'm fucking doing it, first thing in the morning I'm going to go get some potassium and rock salt.

Anyway, back on topic: does sucking Tyrone's jizz out of my wife's vagina break the fast?

lmfao i disappear for nearly 3 weeks and you guys are still posting about me????

btw most of my negative gains these days are from dry fasting

>its just CICO, not fasting

Nigga what in juno's cunt do you think fasting is? It's just fucking extreme CICO

Stop trying to meme fasting into some magical state where the Prophet (pbuh) intercedes on your behalf and Allah directly starts destroying your fat stores

my results after a 5.5 day. just got off of a 36 hour fast cuz i wanna lift hard today, then im going to be doing another 3-5 day depending on how i feel.

left pic was 192
right pic was 179

going for 160. i have a feeling ill feel like shit at sub 10% Bf as a natty tho

>clearly fighting the impulse to open his mouth

>fasting doesn't work at lower bf, they said

im not sure what you're getting at here

Some people have been saying fasting while lower bf is retarded, but it worked out well for that user.

oh yeah that's me in the pic. it did work out great and negated all the damage i did from the holidays. i want to try to do a 7 day next. it's just annoying that everyone in these threads seems to be fat, so i can't really learn much from them.

>Keto is known to prevent the base metabolism from dropping.
Yea... because you're eating calories. "Fat fasting" isn't fasting, it's just fucking /keto/. This is /fast/ stop eating mother fucking food.

>It's just fucking extreme CICO
No, read the fucking OP.

If only the weight would keep dropping like during the first few days pissing out all the water

>body has no energy incoming
>starts using energy on the body

Oh right... m'autophagy, m'insulin *tips fat folds*

It's always hilarious looking at these anti-fasting shills and what they think of as arguments.

Nice I look like you in the before pic.
2 .25 days in
Did you keep much of it after the refeed though?

you guys should probably stop numbering your threads because everyone can keep track of just how much progress you aren't making

>tfw complete 48 hours of a 72 hr fast
>chicken out

>not even asking for child support

what exactly is this phenomenon? the ONLY flip girl i knew was through my GF, and that girl found a huge nig and got pregnant, and then just fucked back off to california completely okay with raising the kid on her own and didn't even think about it. what the hell is that all about

>chicken out
What are you afraid of? You skeleton? Don't let it control you, I took control over my bones and they've never spooked me since.

a decent amount yeah, was really happy with the results. i did mess up on the refeed though, ate a bit too much and felt sick

If I am only eating once a day that is fasting you fucking retard.

They can't tell we're not making progress if we never post our progress.

>a race of women with a sense of responsibility for their actions

what the fuck is this

Yeah I've heard this too, it sounds hair brained.

Your body has to get the energy from somewhere, you are losing body fat....unless we're getting to retarded levels you shouldn't even be at like single digit percentages.

lol "*tips fat folds*" just lets them ignore all the science... they hope passive readers will scroll through and see the disagreement and then just not bother reading into it. I wonder how well shilling pays?

You don't need child support to get welfare.

Incorrect.

>implying welfare isn't mass produced child support

it is.
but you don't need child support from the actual individual who sired your bastard to receive welfare

I believe people think this because the caffeine in coffee is metabolized.
Some people think that as soon as you make the body metabolize something, you've broken the fast.
Don't think I believe it but I'm currently avoiding coffee for the same reason I'm avoiding diet soda. I'm paranoid that they'll fuck me up even if I'm repeatedly told they're fine. Better safe than sorry.

Another year

Another open-ended fast until not fat

>What are you afraid of?
pain

Listen bro, sometime in my future I'm going to get deployed and blown up and you're afraid of hunger pangs? It doesn't even last after the second day.

Lol corporation cannon fodder

Food is free, I got no qualms.

you know what isn't free? the discipline to shape your body into a greek sculpture.

hello graph bro, good luck in the new year. kill the fat for good

he's right, you need to start dealing with the pain and just accept your discomfort until you're lean af

>you know what isn't free? the discipline to shape your body into a greek sculpture.
Except that is free, you're just running from it.

44h in on my dry fast, hunger is finally gone. Almost ate a donut when i woke up today and went to the fridge on autopilot. wish me luck bois

xoxo

that's true. it's hard to turn down free food... my company gives us a free lunch every day and there's an endless supply of snacks.

Hey guys is this a meme NYRfag

just stop eating, your mind is making excuses.

you have to proactively accept the fact that you NEED to find some willpower and discipline. you will never be lean if you don't do this.

hahahahah grats!!!!!! big accomplishment. I have horrible dreams where I wake up thinking i ate food the night before, when in fact I was fasting lmfao