exrx.net/Kinesiology/Deadlift.html#Sumo
youtu.be/SWifsOUgK9Y
youtu.be/F75TiqljCg0
instagram.com/p/Bdbo_cXlJ-9/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for Plazma

did jm blakley have a special upperback exercise like he did a tricep exercise

How bad is my squat form brehs?

>tfw will never be able to rock a mustache like that without looking like a weirdo

What will sumo do for me in terms of muscular development? Wouldn't sumo be pretty awful for muscular development compared to conventional?

those look like some heavy good morning bud

Stop pushing your ass back when standing you will fuck up your hips.

hips rising early
slight knee cave out bottom
aesthetics wise it looks shit

Those are mark rippletits squat you buffon
>also belt at 125
Faggot

you're straightening out your hips then basically doing a goodmorning for the second half of the lift
everything should be moving in unison

What can I do to fix this? That's a bodybuilding belt btw, is not even leather. Is just for placebo more than anything.

maybe hes trying to do Kang Squats

similar upper back development. 50x the glute development. you want a thicc batty right user?

>Mark rippletits squats
no they're not his hips are rising too soon.
youtube.com/watch?v=IzjJUKc-h5o

Your squat is fine. Next time put some weight on the bar.

push your knees OUT
BRACE YOUR CORE HARDER
THRUST your ass FORWARD

JTS just had a video dealing with this very issue

youtu.be/ZlHgCnIxsJY

>Thats a bodybuilding belt btw
what did he mean by this?

>its a backaids user posts something about his back episode
when will it end

So sumo is better for upper back? And I always thought I felt sumo more in my ass but candito recently did a video with data showing that there wasn't any more glute activation with sumo compared to conv

If the glutes are more activated, and upper back is similar, what is less activated when pulling sumo?

only two things

break at your knees, not your hips, you'll feel the quad activation

squeeze your ass, you should feel like you're humping the air at the end of the rep

erectors and hams

I feel like hamstrings are used much more in sumo

Squat OP here, thanks for all the advice bros

So is sumo good for a bigger ass or not?

yes

>bodybuilding belt

get out and never come back you little faggot

okay conventional is better for hams i got it wrong
but yeah sumo for glutes

exrx.net/Kinesiology/Deadlift.html#Sumo

conventional deadlift targets your ass just fine while sumo is for weak little faggot bitch chumps.

sac up or fuck off with your cheaterlift.

I don't own one and it's the only one at the gym

Ya know, I used to let people like you bully me into thinking I shouldn't pull sumo despite being poorly built for conventional. But now I'm much more at ease with my self pulling sumo and making mad gains while not destroying my spine. My back feels healthy and if people can look up to lifters like Eric bugenhagen and beta destiny for doing retarded lifts then god damnit I should be able to pull sumo without getting bullied.

TFW my ass is massive but my thighs somehow look way thicker still, forever dooming me to sub-par butt aestethics

>I should be able to pull sumo without getting bullied.

>translation I gave up and went with the easy option

>poorly built for conventional

cool, so people with long arms should only have to half rep on the bench press since they're "poorly built" for it, too.

your logic is shit, pussy boy.

Any comfy lifting plans for the year lads?

Started Candito's lp yesterday with a humbling 2pl8 after spending most of December laid up doing upper body vanity while my pulled hip/ass recovered. Feels nice to be going properly again, even if I am technically spinning my wheels in terms of PR progress for a bit.

quit it

Posting again in the new thread:
Could I add GPP days on Tuesday and Thursday while running a 3 day mix of Nuckols 28 programs? Thinking of doing back work, arms and conditioning.

if youre not built for conventional youre not built to pull. You will always pull more sumo if the tech and flexiivliry is there

now your garbage lift is less garbage, nice cope gde

>Nuckols

get out while you still can, my man.

>looking up to a 5' 6" copelet
The absolute STATE of sumo pullers

how do i deal with internal pressure?

every time i do deadlifts and ohp im almost passing out on the first rep. I have passed out once when i did romanian dl, and ive gotten an instinctively fear to lift heavy ever since. Im kinda scared

in ohp i approach the rack, kinda assume the position, getting my arms tight and chest up. Then i bend in the knees to get a little flexibility in the abdomen and take a deep breath. Go into the tightest form and unrack. Here i can feel the pressure already with the bar just resting on my collarbone. When through half the rep and pushing my head forward i get extremely dizzy and i can feel my entire body buzzing, kinda like when youve slept on your arm. Sometimes i cant even lockout at the top, its like the higher i go the higher the pressure and i just have to let it come back down. The feeling doesnt leave the body until take at least 2 deep breaths, so its not just the body addapting. It almost feels like i dont have enough oxygen in the body.
But the strange thing is its always only the first rep, when i get it under control after the first rep i can easily lift the weight the next reps with deep breaths. It is not a strength issue.
Its the same with deadlifts, only the first rep. But ohp is worse

it fucking sucks because it stops me from progressing. Ive been lifting for almost 2 years

sorry for the long post

It's only bants lad, pull whichever way you want, I slipped a disc deadlifting and sumo did help me but honestly what helped me most was actually learning proper deadlift form and now deadlift makes my back feel good.
1 day of GPP and if you adapt to that add the next day.

sub 400 wilks sumo pullers are like amateur olylifters GDE's coping for their weak lifts

all WRs except shw have been pulled sumo. There is nothing wrong with sumo just there is nothing wrong with oly weightliftng, just that it attracts GDE's.

Go and get your blood pressure checked.

Which programs? All but the beginner stuff have arm/back work don't they?

I'm 6'3 and have a super long torso and long femurs + I fractured my L5 awhile ago in football. No matter what queues I'm cognizant of or how hard I try my lower back rounds with conventional. I think I'll stick to doing sumo and you can keep being butt hurt

If your back rounds even sub 50-60% you're not setting up properly and you have 0 awareness of your back position, you will eventually round with sumo as well.

and youll still pull less sumo than i pull conventional or sumo without me training it ever

see my point

if your lifts suck the'll still suck after that minor boost sumo gives. Its not that pulling sumo is bad its that youre trying to cope for your weakness by doing something that creates the illusion that you got stronger

I'm going to run the bench specialization one for fun.

"Bench 3x per week (starting with intermediate, moderate volume), Squat 2x per week beginner,
Deadlift 2x per week intermediate (start with just doing day 1. Add day 2 if you’re recovering
well.)"

Deadlift day has some rows and bench has arm work. I'd like at least more back work.

really? didnt think of that

is it a common issue?

It usually only rounds at about 75% and up. The conventional deadlift haunts me man once I start progressing in it I always get hurt. It's always felt awkward and my hips start so far away from the bar in my starting position because of how long my torso is. I think if you are one of those people that argue against the notion that some people are better suited for sumo due to their anatomy then you're really just lying to yourself or ignorant. I would love to conventional deadlift for ego purposes but I'm not made for it. Say what you want but i don't see why it's so hard to believe that someone 6'3+ might struggle with conventional deadlifting.

Inb4 cope

Name one (1) person that can only pull sumo and their conventional is catback after 75% 1rm.

>There's nothing wrong with half-repping

But there is though

youtu.be/SWifsOUgK9Y

Skip to 3:10. Everything he says exactly describes my conventional deadlift experience. Him and I are same height, funny how that work

dear plg today i got my first gym friend and he is black

we have both gone to the same gym for almost a year, but i never talk to anyone. Today we were the only 2 in the free weights room. He plugged his phone to the speakers and played all my favorite kanye songs without knowing i liked them. I even hit a PR on my deadlift because of the great music. We didnt look at eachother at all for almost an hour when he suddenly went to get some more water. Coincidentally when he came back i was done for today and was about to leave. We both had to go through the same door and i waited politely for him to pass. When he walked through we caught eyes and smiled to one another. I said 'have a great workout' which he replied 'have a great evening'. Needless to say i walked out to the lockroom smiling and kept smiling all the way home.

Not gonna lie, it feels fucking great. I havent had a friend in so long

>click on link
>david laid
>mentioned bugenhagen and betadestiny before
oh i get it now

Just checked all the WR holders that pulled sumo literally every single one is able to go heavy conventional with a flat back (Micah and Yurey both mention importance of conventional for building strength).
It's pretty much as this user saidNigga stop looking at this non-lifter twink.

What's wrong with linking David laid? He's pulled 635, I know sumo right so it's cheating.

Also, I was simply making a point by saying that if beta destiny and bugenhagen can amass a following by doing stupid ass lifts like above the knee rack pulls then I should be able to sumo pull without weak retards like yourself claiming "hurrrrrrr sumo doesn't count!!! It's cheating despite being a valid technique in every powerlifting federation!!!!!"

You're a faggot

was this your great shitpost that you wanted a new thread for?

>non lifter faggot

He totals more than everyone in this thread including you

Has he competed in an IPF comp and what was his total?

youtu.be/F75TiqljCg0
Boris on sumo pulling

see Boris also would never claim that some people can't pull conventional with a flat back.

Never claimed he did, just watched the vid and saw you bois arguing.

>only lifts in competition count unless it's sumo then it doesn't count despite that fact that it actually counts

The post

I know it's hard that multiple people are replying to you but i'm not the "sumo is cheating" user. So did he compete? I can't find anything online.

I was going to tell you to date his sister, but youre not even actually friends with him, just spoke to him once. s m h

Sorry, no he's been saying he's going to for awhile now. He hasn't posted any deadlifts recently but he just benched 370 the other day and squatted 455. I think he's on gear though but idk

What is the best and most accurate 1rm calculator?

Symmetric strength tells me my max is 105kg

And something like Bryzcki says my max is 101kg

What should I think?

Depends on you and the lift tbqh e.g SS put my squat at 201 but I managed 215 with no problems meanwhile it put my bench at 156 and I only managed 147.5 with grinder tier levels.
damn he has me beat in binch and deadlift

if im going to plug in a projected max into an excel program what should I go for? higher or lower?

Was his bench ass up with a bounce? Because that's the only way I've ever seen him bench.

instagram.com/p/Bdbo_cXlJ-9/

Lower, i'd do lower by up to 5-10%.

Nice desu, his shit has gotten a lot better.

>455 lbs squat

This is the guy some other faggot claimed to total more than everyone here?

>tfw he posts

@garagebro (You)
Your 'stand with one leg' thing was amazing. I already feel like I can brace way better. Squats are gona be tight tomorrow. Got anymore magic tricks?

Is there any manga about powerlifting?

Also what is a cute manga to read that will make me forget about how lonely I am? Is yotsuba nice? kthx friends

his other two secrets are steroids and pulled pork

Thread died before I got much of a response:
> a he's done lots of SS and some hypertrophy
> no experience with heavy singles, doubles, triples

What's the best way to train him leading up to the meet? He can obviously run starting strength or texas method and still make gains, but I'd like him to get comfortable with >85% lifting. Should he just run Texas method, but change 5x5 to 8x3? Should he do an LP with 6x2 instead of 3x5?

>Also what is a cute manga to read that will make me forget about how lonely I am
i know one, it's called talking to people and getting a gf

There is a lifting manga but honestly it didn't hold my attention.

Reading wise you have Jojo, berserk, vagabond, shamo, ippo, shin angyo onshi, Angel densetsu, 20th century bois, gto, all of these are bretty good and long enough to make you forget for some time.

With tm he will be forced to work in the 85% in intensity day. You can closer to the meet have him do more doubles maybe increase it by 5kg per week rather than 2.5

Only for squat and dls 5kg on binch will probably injure him

Why do people get so butthurt about pulling sumo?

Why don't you get as mad for crazy bench arches or squatting barely to parallel?

Whether you like it or not, all these things are entirely in the rules.

Accept it, attempt to change it, or shut up you whingeing pansies.

I know that texas method has 3s, 2s, and 1s on intensity day, should I do 8x3 or 12x2 on volume day too?

>stop lifting for a week
>feel like a skinny fat 8 year old again

Sumo should have been banned outright after the initial rule evasion.

Just like mega wide benching, it allows some lifters to completely remove the ROM of the lift.

I look forward to Strengthlifting coming to my area.

Weighouts, no commands, no sumo, press instead of bench.

>pick something up off the ground
>pull it up until it can't go further
>removes ROM

This makes no sense

>Weighouts
What are these? Cheking the weight of lifters even after the lifts?

Welp, I'm off to the first post-New-Years workout. God help me.

>you're told to stand straight
>you put your feet one meter apart, so that your legs are clearly inclined, and claim you are standing straight

Sounds good if that's what it is.

It’s fine

Show me where it says to stand straight

>Weighouts
>What are these?
You don't weigh in. Instead you weigh out immediately after your last deadlift. You only get one chance to weigh out. This determines your weight class. It cuts down on time at the competition, and it eliminates ridiculous weight cuts.