/owg/

#2 of 2018 fellas

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UkYJnL-6Rwk
youtube.com/watch?v=-tl2d2UnmHM
youtube.com/watch?v=nOWcrqOSevs
instagram.com/p/BM-0fNxg2eY/?taken-by=kyriakosgrizzly
catalystathletics.com/article/131/Starter-Program-for-Catalyst-Athletics-Online-Workouts/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

FACT: power lifting requires more athleticism, talent and coordination than Olympic weight lifting

Olympic weight lifting is just a gayer version of power lifting for weak faggots

first time snatch today 1h of cali strength progression

youtube.com/watch?v=UkYJnL-6Rwk

not bad user, my first lifts were definitely way uglier. I'd call that passable crossfit form even

thnx man I think the biggest fuckup is my hands turn around way slower than my feet land

I'd say you're finishing your second pull a little quickly. Try recording from a 45 degree angle next time. Gud werk tho

if you didnt get into owl at age 12 ur never gonna make it

so what ;(

so like I should pull it further into my hips?

second pull doesn't end until you've pulled the bar as high as you can, pull it to neck

posting webms~

fuck i was looking in the wrong folder. HERE's some oly

2018: year of the /owg/

ok thanks I was just jumping desu
Also Caladan I have your 2013 routine saved on my dropbox next to camb's, quads, and rippetoes shit, just saying no homo

>catching the bar on his back like that
i know LITERALLY nothing about oly and just saw this on the first page, but is that the correct way to catch that? Seems like dumping that whole load on your spine at once could be dangerous.

Who dat

he didnt catch it properly, should stamp up on his toes and drop into his knees with the bar going down

youtube.com/watch?v=-tl2d2UnmHM

lol I just made that one as a fun athletics routine but nice to see it's got some mileage

what is the best routine for getting into oly lifting?
I have a ran both a strength program and ppl over the course of a year and im currently at 1/2/3/4

personally I'm continuing to do a strength routine 4 days a week and on off days (or on lifting days after strength stuff) I plan to learn the lifts. When I'm perfect with the bar only and with maybe 10s on each side then, which will probably take a couple of weeks/months, only then will I jump onto a program which adds weight. Until then its drills and repetitions of bar only.

I've been reading the Everett book and he advises something like that. A program is far down the road to 'get into oly lifting'. Learning the lifts, getting the moblity and positions right is the first step.

Look at one spot on the wall rather than moving your eyes around.

the value I get from posting vids is sickening
thanks for the advice man

how much is he lifting

What do you guys think of one armed dumbbell snatches? Not allowed to oly lift in my gym, but I have a set of adjustable dumbbells at home.

it says on the pl8s m8

use a broomstick instead of a 20kg bar

I know but my eyes are really bad, I'm having trouble counting the red pl8s even while paused and zoomed in
it looks like 25x4 + 15x1? so 250kg?

ye looks like it, plus some change

oh I completely missed the smallest plates, are those 2.5s or 5s? or something else?

the smallest one looks like a 5, and then theres another one behind it too, maybe a 6? dunno need someone from /plg/ lol

fuck off with this powerlifting shit

are you serious? am I actually completely blind? I only see 3 types of plates, the 25, 15, and 5 (?). The metal stuff are just clamps right?

please call plg man i dunno

I'm Should I drop down to a broomstick. I admit that using the bar left me sore as fuck after the measly hour

25x4, 15x1, 2.5x1, clips are 2.5
120+20+120=260kg

thanks

hes missing a plate add a 2.5 to that

where

small black

Exactly, there's a small black and a small red

no this man is a reasonably large black, would probably fetch a good price at market

exactly ... its not counted for

Lü Xiaojun i think

I'll be damned. Didn't even see it because I was going off of WL colors. 262.5 it is.

I'LL BE FUCKING HOLY SHIT even seeing this post it took me 15 minutes to finally see it. I thought this was a legitimate meme.

Sup niggas

engrain bad tek so, pointless for wl

also I have a mental image of one of the adjustable weights going flying from the dumbbell due to the aggression of the lift and ruining your tv

since we're in ameriland, its all in pounds, so 45 (bar) + 55×8 + 35×2 + 5×2 + 2.5×2 + 5×2 (collars) = 580 lbs which converts to 263 kg

I recently saw someone doing those with the circus DB.

Terrifying.

It literally says 'kg' on the plate. Those are calibrated competition plates often done in kg.

Isnt that 270?
25x8=200 (red plates)
15x2=30 (yellow plates)
20 (bar)
5x2=10 (small reds)
2.5x2=5 (small blacks, you can see the small 2,5 on top of the plate)
2.5x2=5 (collars)
200+30+20+10+5+5=270

>mfw immobile, bloated fatlards with zero conditioning or technique-constantly having to rely on equipment like knee sleeves and belts- refer to themselves as “athletes” because they can squat 5 plates with 3” ROM for one rep

The difference between a weightlifter and a powerlifter: a weightlifter can do powerlifting; a powerlifter cannot do weightlifting.

Take me down to the snappy snap city
Where we do clean and jerk and our form is shitty

Stop with the elitism man. We are all just trying to get strong.

He has a big wiener for an Asian.

>not using the patrician power jerk

he was responding to someone else being an elitist, but he was being elitist about the thread topic

maybe im stupid for thinking "weightlifting" simply means "lifting weights," but with that in mind your post sounds like straight garbo

weightlifting is short for olympic weightlifting, but weightlifting is often used to describe just any lifting by normies

>power jerking an oly medal lift
youtube.com/watch?v=nOWcrqOSevs

Ye I don't get it why he did it - are some people able to power jerk more than they split jerk? Or was he was so ahead of his competitors that it didn't matter if he used the non >optimal way?

Some people's split technique is absolute shit, so yes

incorrect. His back injuries prevented him from using the split technique

is this why his snatches seem really "tilted"/asymmetrical? or was that just anthropometry

stumpy femurs is like cheating

Who here /femurs 25% of height/

Do the Nips even know how to make a girl that isn't qt?

>that stumbling at the end
CUTE

instagram.com/p/BM-0fNxg2eY/?taken-by=kyriakosgrizzly
how much do you think he could snatch

>complaining about reliance on knee sleeves and belts in pl
>in a thread with webms of weightlifters using both

Sap

What does owg think of the ussf?

better than ipf

I hope it becomes the norm becusse I’m getting a 315 ohp

does it show her when you make a screenshot?

why would it and why would you care

It does show, but she’ll never notice me.

are these adidas powerlift?

Also, friendly reminder lads, that it is our year

That is very true, one of the guys that used to compete with our club tried a powerlifting meet for the laughs. He blown them all the fuck out with the squat and he was going ATG unlike the other fat fucks

Niceee what about a strength athlete?

Ohp
Deadlift
Powerclean
Squat

Calling it 'olympic weightlifting' is crossfit cancer m8.

Calling it oly is worse

True. But you know what's worse still? Not campaigning to restore the press to its rightful place as the first lift.

this #pressbacktoweightlifting

You goin to hit some oly bro?

Nah bro need to work on my core this week.

Is the free catalyst program any good for a beginner?

catalystathletics.com/article/131/Starter-Program-for-Catalyst-Athletics-Online-Workouts/

I dunno

guys which trip is nicer?
this one..

or this one

None

New weightlifter hear. So glad to see this general still up. 2018 is the owg year indeed.

Today I am doing full clean and jerk for the first time. This is programmed by my coach. I mentioned in the last thread I have a fear of getting under the bar. I think I lack speed under the bar. I have never been very fast or snappy in athletics. I also second guess the landing of the clean and use my arms to guide it in place sometimes. I probably just need to get confident and do it with heavy enough weight where I can't do this? Pretty sure from yesterday but going to give it my all.

I'm no expert but it takes thousands of reps to get a feel for it I bet.

How did you find a coach?