Are planks a meme?

Are planks a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UIDaXSXjuGc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

static = meme

They're ok if you're awful at them. You can weight them as well, but there's more effective lifts and movements, like squats, DLs, ab wheels, etc.

leg raises arent a meme
weighted crunches arent a meme

plank is shit

just get your gf to sit on your upper back, makes them non-meme

DON'T GO THERE

Yes, they dont do anything, there is no progression.

no if they are difficult for you then its worth doing. just many people when fit just surpass the usefulness of them

athlean x has some challenging exercises to do once plank becomes too easy that a powerlifting autist will secretly film you and post you on Veeky Forums to laugh at the NYR meme fag
youtube.com/watch?v=UIDaXSXjuGc

Good for warmups, but you should progress it into something else once you can do 60 secs if you do em for gains.

planks are more for staying fit and martial arts for strong enduring core. its not a bodybuilder exercise.
also u can do them weighted

and yea, do it 5min+ or u havent mastered plank

oh lord look at the size of that

What's the best oblique workout?

L-sitt, weighted L-sitt

I guarantee she is pumped full of xenoestrogens and other chemicals, which would transfer to your offspring.

Show me one thing a plank can do for you that an anteriorly loaded (zercher, sandbag, bear hug) carry can't do better.

> Moving is better then static
> Also metcon

Loaded carries

I want to be her offspring, if you know what I mean.

Sort of, weighted planks and the like are decent.

I have extreme difficulty holding a plank over a minute straight. What do I do? I think it is my form.

you don't have to hold a plank for a minute, but proper form is important so make sure you have a posterior pelvic tilt when doing planks.

Now that you can hold a plank for a minute, you can think about progressing to the next step which can go 2 ways.

1. Focus on shoulders and do Planche Lean 30 sec
or 2. Focus on abs and do a Hollow body hold for 30-60 seconds.

If you go with the 2nd route, here is the end of the progression.

Plank 30sec
Hollow body hold 30 sec
Single leg body lever negative 5reps
body lever negatives 5 reps
body lever 5 reps

body lever is commonly known as dragon flag. this will give you the strongest abs bodyweight can get you. If you wanna go harder than that do weighted hollow body holds.

For getting a 6 pack? yes. For increasing core stability? No.

wtf is core stability? Is it different from core strength? I know a lot of people who can squat and deadlift heavy don't train "core stability". I guess a stable core is not necessary for heavy lifting. pic related is the only person with unstable core that I can think of.

give milkies?