Fit for the slopes!

Hey fit, going snowboarding in 4 weeks. How do i best prepare?
I do casual weightlifting 5x5. 2-3 times a week, but i need better cardio and endurance.

>General fit for skiing thread
>Post routines, WoDs, vids, tips etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

girlswithmuscle.com/search/index.php?submit=Search&option=allwords&search=Roberta Zuniga&page=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

read the fucking sticky

Endurance and lower body work in general.
High rep squats different variations
Do a lot of steady state cardio

A lot of it will be balancing so try sitting cross legged on an exercise ball just to practise balancing without your legs as much. Also do more cardio as you say. Any lower body work will help

her legs are unproportionally big

Name? She's near perfect

NM, found her. Roberta Zuniga.

girlswithmuscle.com/search/index.php?submit=Search&option=allwords&search=Roberta Zuniga&page=1

Another victim of SS

Ah, the old Schutzstaffel's treatments.

Anyways, you're gonna be sore from your neck to your ankles when snowboarding. When you fall, you're going to be catching yourself and pushing yourself up with your arms and back. Your legs probably won't even get sore until you learn to properly carve.

desu, disregard fitness. Make sure your boots and bindings are tight before you begin :^)

You'd have to be pretty out of shape to be unable to downhill ski; gravity is doing 95% of the work for you. Turning, stopping, and staying in control largely require skill, not fitness. Cross country skiing is a different story.

Confirmed for not being able to ski.

A 10 minute continuous descent will fuck your legs and leave you panting.

I ski a minimum of 6 long weekend trips per year with dozens of weeknights sprinkled in. I managed to do this years ago easily as a complete skelly with zero physical fitness whatsoever. If you get gassed from downhill skiing you are a fucking worthless blob.

l m a o user, this is just for jks, right?

Because you ski a lot retard. Your body as adapted to it. If people aren't used to using the stabilizer muscles required they're gonna be tired and sore the day after their first time.

Yeah, just look at those pussies coming off the Lauberhorn puffing away all out of breath.

Maybe if you stop every ~1km or so you won't get gassed, or if you ski at baby speeds.

No, i already said i did this as a skelly and i meant that i did so with zero prior experience.

OP isn't racing down a double black run.

You are clearly retarded if you imply that skiing/snowboarding isn't taxing on your body.
Or you actually are riding baby slopes for your entire life.

OP also isn't an experienced skier and will be snowboarding, so likely he'll be spending lots of time getting up from the floor or bunny hopping around on flats.

My point is, if you're not out of breath you're not trying hard enough.

>cant slide down a hill on a piece of plastic without getting winded

I bet you fatties cant sled without losing your breath either

>tfw no friends to snowboard with
Fuck my existence