Mimialistic routine

What do you think about this routine just for a general good looking body and functionality:

A:
Deadlifts 5x5 (for strength)
weighted Dips 10x10 (for size)

B:
Front Squats (5x5)
weighted Pullups (10x10)

+ 30 minutes cardio after each workout

ABxABxx

terrible

You would be lagging as fuck. No forearms, biceps, calves, shoulders etc. Plus there is only so much you can progress with this minimalistic routine, before you will stall.

why?

If you want to look like this after 10 years of training sure

lmao enjoy imbalances twink

There is a reason why minimalistic routines produce minimalistic results. You would look like shit.

I think it could still use a few other exercises. Maybe an overhead press and farmer's walk, split however you want.

You might get bored of this real soon, though. I would.

chinups trains bicep and rear delts, dips train front delts, forearms dont really need to be trained seperately

if you don't currently see why your "routine" is a joke, no amount of explaining is going to get your dumb ass to understand

it trains the whole body except calves so where is the problem?

>no forearms
deadlifts
>no biceps
pull ups still hit biceps
>no shoulders
weighted dips do that
>no calves
calves are a meme, also 30 mins of running after the workout will build calves 100x better than weighted exercises

If you're just curious: it's shit.
If you're serious about it: man the fuck up and hop on something serious which won't injure you due to imbalances

I would add ohp and bench at the very least

dip is superior to bench

confirmed bait thread

these are literally the 4 most basic exercises, the human body can perform and i dont see any imbalances

What the fuck am I watching.

>no forearms
what do you do for forearms except deadlifts and pullups?
>shoulders
granted, OP should probably include some lateral raises
>posture
>diet
>genetics
then again i'm probably just falling for weak bait.
>there is a reason
oh is there? care to name it? because you sound like you're talking out of your ass.
>You might get bored of this real soon
this.

Add Bench press to A and OHP to B, and it would be much more well rounded.

ask me how I know youre DYEL, op

You're probably better off with something like Reg parks real oldschool shit:

Squat 3x5 (two warmup sets of 5 for 60% and 80% of 3x5 weight).
Bench 3x5 (same warmup)
Row 3x5 (same warmup)
Overhead Press 3x5 (Same warmup)
Deadlift 1x5 (same warmup)

do some curls, chins, dips, abs, whatever after this if you have the energy. It might sound like alot of stuff, but workout time is probably gonna be the same amount of time given you plan on doing ten sets of dips/pull ups and then some cardio, 4 times per week

Twice a week, light cardio on day before or after strength workout.

Example:
Strength/Cardio/rest/Strength/rest/cardio/rest --> Repeat

Row every session and its fine I guess.
10x10 is a lot though. How strong are you?

It's not bait it's literally what you'll get. But go ahead and post your progress lol

>What do you do for forearms
You should have variety of exercises for proper progress and not just for forearms. Barbell holds, farmer walks, wrist curls etc. I'm rotating these usually. Not saying deads won't build forearms, but saying that because muscle is working during the fullbody lift, you don't have to hit it with other ways or isolation is bullshit

>no chest
>no abs
>no vertical push
>no accessories for squet or diddly to deal with imbalanced stimulus

Why not just do bodyweight stuff if all you want is a ok body and health? All you need is exercise and to eat clean.

not too strong been doing ppl for hypertrophy the last 6 month but wanted to switch to a shorter and simpler workout due to less free time in the next 6 month. should i change that to 3x8 or 5x8 instead?

>care to name it?
Yeah, literally look at everybody past intermediate phase. You think that doing minimalistic training with 4-5 exercises involved will be enough after you advance? You need to rotate the lifts, as some user wrote here relating to forearms

I would add one more pull, so the number of pushes and pulls is balanced. Rows for example

dips train chest and are also a vertical push and front squats strenghten your abdominals but plan on doing abs on wednesday

there are not more pulls than pushs in that routine

Dips, chins and running.

What are your lifts?
I would say to just hop on a 3xfb. If you havent milked all your lp gains yet hop on ss and make whatever changes you want like replacing bench since you want to do dips.
Dips train chest.
Dips are a horizontal push. You are leaning forwards when you dip down, it's kind of like a decline bench.

>10x10 pullups

That's like one hundred pullups

Ohp, bench and dips = 3 presses
Deadlifts, pull-ups = 2 pulls.
That's why I would add rows.
Pushes and pulls should be balanced, or little more pulls than presses.

youre right didnt count the ohp

So A: Ohp Bench Dips
B: Deadlifts Rows Pullups
Each 5x5 or how many sets and reps would you say?

They don't train the same perpendicular plane and rely more on your triceps, depending on your body morphology. Maybe it's just me, but dips just aren't enough plus they kill my RC joint.

fuck i meant:
A: Squats OHP Dips
B: DL Rows Chinups

>5x5 for strength
>10x10 for size

mfw

anyways you will be able to build an ok physique of those excersises, although i doubt you will be able to do 10x10.
if you arent that strong ill say doing 5x5 rep range for everything and adding weight every session will be fine, 5x5 is volume work anyways. as you get stronger you can adjust the rep ranges as you like.
also you will have imbalances since chin ups dont really target your rear delts do i will suggest doing some rows or at least face pulls every session. your arms will be neglected though if that is a concern for you, so just blast some reps at the end, like do curls on the end of your pull up days and blast tris at the end of your dip days. it should take like 5 minutes to get like a 100 reps, it should not take you that long.
pick either dips or bench as your main horizontal press, you only need one.

So
>A: Squats OHP Dips
>B: DL Rows Chinups
all 5x5 or should i switch DL and Squats?

looks fine

no, this is a standard push/pull movement split that makes actual sense. You might want to swap OHP to first lift of the day, it will help OHP numbers from not being fatigued from squats (while not really hurting squat numbers), and give your triceps/delts some rest before the dips.

I do squat+bench every day and nothing else.

Come at me.

>how do I look like I worked hard without actually doing anything
I hope you end up in the next Logan Paul video you faggot