/fast/ #73 - thinkin bout those tendies edition

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0

>WHY SHOULD I FAST?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
Mix 2,000mg of lite salt & pink salt into a liter of water and drink that throughout the day. This is like Gatorade without the sugar, it'll keep you hydrated.
youtube.com/watch?v=8Ox9WXFcNIY

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>WHAT IS DRY FASTING? WONT I DEHYDRATE MYSELF?
No food or water consumption. Try this after your first water fast if you want. It's the fastest way to ketosis and autophagy.The longest record is 18 days. (Don't fucking dry fast for 18 days. 3-5 max)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreas_Mihavecz

>More dry fasting info
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/
youtube.com/watch?v=81a10sZ4duU&t

Other urls found in this thread:

webmd.com/diet/obesity/features/the-facts-on-leptin-faq
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starvation_response
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what do you /fast/ for?

>that op picture
Come on man I'm in a 72 hour fast and I don't need this shit.

I have both right in front of me.
>Kosher salt
>1/4 tsp 1.2g
>480mg
>Fine Pink Salt
>1/4 tsp 1.4g
>520mg
If you cross multiply then you get
>koshier salt
>pink salt
Or you can divide 1.4 by 520 and 1.2 by 480 which still puts koshier salt ahead.
Reposting because I need validation.

Hey guys.
I am fasting since Monday night.
How do I know that I am hungry?
My mouth feels dry and I have some kind of muscle lethargy.

Are you drinking water or are you dry fasting?
Are you drinking snake water or are you only drinking tap/pure water?
Your mouth gets weird like that because your body is trying to shed the waste from breaking the fat up.
Your pits start to stink and your tongue turns white.

>tfw only 36 hours in and I'd murder every single one of you for those tendies

>tfw only 12 hours in and I'd do the same

o-only 60 more hours to go guys...

Fuck man I have a refeed on thursday and now I want to get popeyes grilled chicken even though I know I will shit straight juice from eating the grease.

is the snake juice supposed to taste like slaty asshole?

It's supposed to taste like drinking straight tears.
If you aren't doing an intense work out or fasting for long periods of time its better to just live without it.
Or drink one every 3 days.

>still no new snakeman vid on the youtubes

thanks man, if i use actual cayenne pepper instead of the extract does that effect it drastically?

anyone have any good ramen recipes?

Fasting is a bad diet. You don't have to starve yourself to get the same results. You can eat as much food as you want when you want as long it is the right food.

I doubt it matters but I'm not a scientist.
Buy some ketone testing strips on amazon and check your ketones before and after adding them.
If your keytones show a negative result then you know what caused it.
If you do this make sure you buy the one specifically for diabetics and not the dieting ones.
There is a higher standard with those companies.

>go from 245 to 235 in 6 days while 47:1 fasting
What diet gets those results buddy?

Fuck it boys, school's starting and I'm bored, time to do another 72hour one.

Question, considering I lost around 2kg of pure fat last time I did 72hrs, do you think doing 2-3 72hr fasts per month and 16:8 for the other days is gonna help me lose an extra 15kg until July at the latest? 6'0, 97kg currently.

okay last question, do i drink normal water with the snake juice or do i just use snake juice as my water "substitute"

>fasting is a diet

there we go again

btw 64h in on my dry fast, no more hunger and still no thirst

Since you put Cane's in the pic related I'm just going to bring up a random fact you guys might want to consider before eating there again.

I used to work as a frycook at Cane's for 2 months and saw they put soybean oil in their fryers. I stopped eating Cane's since then. That is all.

According to snake god it depends on the individual and their activity level.
He drinks pure snake water when he fasts.
Extra water is supposed to lower the amount of salt in your body because you piss really quickly when you don't have any food in your system.
He said if you are lazing around then you can drink half snake juice and half fresh water.
I personally never drink snake juice and drink about 3 liters of water a day.

Cool. I'm eating a piece of steak which gives me lots of protein and doesn't bump me out of ketosis. But enjoy eating nothing.

but doesnt snake god also say if ur drinking pure water ur pissin out all ur electrolytes and youre gonna feel like shite?

Can I still smoke weed while fasting. I only smoke concentrate so no plant material.

>yo can I fuck wit my hormones nigga? like straight up will that affect weightloss lmao haha

Those results are bullshit because you can't maintain them without doing something drastic like fasting.once you go back to eating the weight will come back. Or you could just eat foods all day that limit your carb intake and keep you full and in ketosis when you want to be.

That's pretty dumb of you.

And yet I don't feel like shit.
It's winter time and I don't heat my house past 65 degrees F.
So I'm not sweating on the regular.
I did feel like shit while drinking snake juice with headaches.
That's true about all diets and exercises.
If you don't keep working then you will go back to your original weight because you have a shitty diet and exercise program.

Is there any point to cayenne pepper other than warming you up? I got my heater on so I won't fucking freeze this time.

Fasting is a diet. How you eat is your diet. When people say I'm going on a diet it means they are changing the way they eat. That's all.

I am 20 hours into my first fast. Aiming for ~70 hours as I'm going for dinner with people on Friday night. Slightly hungry but it's been surprisingly fine so far.

>If you don't keep working then you will go back to your original weight because you have a shitty diet and exercise program.

You have a shitty diet. You cannot practically maintain a fasting diet.

are getting electrolytes?
are you light headed/getting headaches?
is the muscle lethargy so bad you can hardly move?
theres nothing wrong with refeeding but dont do it if youre bored or little hunger pangs got you uncomfortable.

actually your breath stinks because you aren't producing saliva and cleaning your mouth through eating so bacteria that causes halitosis has more time to reproduce. while i trust cole for a lot, some of his shit really is plain bro science. he drinks piss ffs.

(((they))) definitely are blocking snake man from taking over the world through a grassroots FASTING MOVEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>how you eat is your diet
>but not eating is also a diet ;)

you talk like a fag and your semantics are all retarded. Go shitpost somewhere else

>reeee it's my diet and you can't tell me what diet means!1
I think fasting is beneficial but it is a part of your diet (which includes frequency of consumption)

i unironically believe that if his fasting cure cancer shit turns out to be real (((they))) are going to kill him.

What is one meal every two days?

fair enough user

Fasting is a tool to lose weight.
Once I get down to an ideal weight then I can balance my diet around eating and exercising and periodic fasts to maintain a low bf% and high muscle mass.
Are you literally retarded?
If I have the will power to starve myself then I obviously have the will power to exercise and watch my weight.
What you are saying is that "why are you dieting, you are just going to go back to the same weight when you go back to eating normally."
I could even eat like shit for a month and then fast for 2 months.
OR I could eat a balanced meal while exercising and then fast to cut the weight down and rinse repeat.
Even if I ate like shit for 3 months I wouldn't gain all that weight that I originally had when I wasn't exercising and drinking 2 liters of cola every day for years at a time.
Why diet for years to get the same result you can get in months of fasting?
You aren't going to maintain the diet once you reach your goal weight if you want to actually get stronger.

i am doing his dry fasting experiment kind of balls to the wall to test it. i'm averaging 48-72 hours of dry fasting before eating a small salty meal of vegetables.

to test his theory, I have been monitoring the following things:

1) a wart on my elbow
2) the smoothness of my skin in general
3) my tongue
4) any cuts/muscle knots I have

so far the wart hasn't shrunk in size. my skin is EXTREMELY dry, flaking, salty during a dry fast, but after a shower it is EXTREMELY smooth and clear. my small amounts of acne have almost completely disappeared from my face and back. and sadly, i haven't noticed any improvements in my muscle knots.

The theory here is that if fasting can cure cancer, it should be able to cure nearly EVERY problem in the body that stems from inflammation, blood circulation, and processing old tissue to create new tissue.

I just really like weed.
I guess I'll stop

from the most basic single variable thought process there's no way fasting could do anything but limit or cure cancer because cancer is just retard cells that think "hey I'm gonna get fat and make a whole bunch of fat retard baby cells that'll do the same thing as me!" and grow tumors made of fat nigger cells who just grow and grow and grow because they keep getting energy to breed and spread

fasting is like ending welfare for stupid nigger cells who don't provide good shit to the bod

fastmogged
5.5 day results

>sheit swerve on dat mog swag fire haha nigga fosha

two things....

1) he is much more hypertrophic than me (i'm a cardio twink)
2) post his body photo after he refed and drank water loool bye abs

I went from 195 to 160. I have 30 more lbs to drop before 8% body fat

>every thread like clockwork
>same picture every time
You specifically should be posting new pictures since you are doing this for "daily" gains.

i have very oily skin and dry fasting fixes this like no other thing, and i've tried so many stuff over the years... After dry fasting my skin stays good for about a little more than a week before going back to oily shitskin.

how does your body know what is good and/or bad and what cells are going to get eaten tho?

>how does your body know what is good and/or bad and what cells are going to get eaten tho?
good cells are programmed to go into safe mode when there is no food which stops them from becoming nigger cells

nigger cells delet that memo when they become nigger cells which makes them prime bait for being eat

"Proteins".
I took some microbiology classes in college because I wanted to implement cellular processes in data management.
Specialized proteins do everything in your body.
You might as well be asking how your finger cells know that they are going to be finger cells and etc.

>fasting is a bad diet
lol
>starve yourself
lolol
>You can eat as much food as you want when you want as long it is the right food
lololol

webmd.com/diet/obesity/features/the-facts-on-leptin-faq

i post a new pic every week lol

completely, 100%, wholeheartedly fucking AGREED!!!!!!!!!!! it's insaneeeeeeeee

the crazy thing is that we are seriously pioneers. dry fasting and autophagy are pretty fucking new on the scene. it's like discovering roids in the 1930s

Then how about you only post your picture when you actually are updating it instead of spamming it every thread.
No one actually cares about your twink fasting since you don't post any numbers or your routine or anything that would matter with it.

>the crazy thing is that we are seriously pioneers.
religions have been advocating fasting since forever ago
>hur dur relijen dum
religions aren't just thought up one day and flocked to because they sound nice.

GF and I just finished a 48 hour fast last night. Broke it with chipotle and are immediately rolling into another fast until either Friday or Saturday hopefully.

She lost about 5lbs and I went from 216.8 to 209.4lbs right before I broke the fast.

When I woke up the second day I felt pretty amazing. I think I was in mostly REM sleep all night and felt more refreshed after 5 and a half hours of sleep than I normally do after 9+. I also noticed actually getting drowsy and sleepy around 10pm which is a first. I never feel sleepy in general. It's like my body finally decided melatonin would be nice or something.

The whole thing is surprisingly easy. I did have some headaches as I was entering ketosis at the end of the first day, but not really that bad. Other than that I had similar feelings like when I quite smoking 8-9 years ago. It wasn't a need, it was an idle, empty feeling, like I needed to be doing something that I wasn't. It's because I use to snack all day everyday. Because bulking gave me a food addiction. I only got physically hungry once or twice through the whole fast.

Is it going to fuck me up if I smoke pot on a fast? Im on a vacation from work next week and am going to fast the whole thing. Im not worried about resisting munchies I just want to know if it will slow the benefits

>pioneers
Scientists have studied fasting in the past.
That's how we even know about autophagy.
Do you think snake god invented the term and retroactively put it in biology textbooks everywhere?
It was coined back in 1995.

>shit nigga will weed really fuck up my cortisol and shit? lmao what is even cortisol haha dat shit a white spook nigga

nigga, i posted an HOURLY GRAPH OF MY WEIGHT BACK IN THE DAY LOL

do you even know who i am??

yeah i mean i completely agree with that but we are only beginning to be able to understand what is going on at a cellular level. some religions revere peyote and ayahuasca but that doesn't mean there is nothing new to discover

probably not but drugs are for gayfags anyway.

Should I go running tonight? end of 2nd day fast btw

do you feel like you can run?

>confusing "first discovered" with "first popularized"
sorry nigga there was a thirty year gap between business use of computers and personal use of computers. same goes with nutrition breakthroughs

WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU ALL SO SPITEFUL, HATEFUL, AND NEGATIVE IN THIS FUCKING THREAD 24/7 GOD DAMN

>WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU ALL SO SPITEFUL, HATEFUL, AND NEGATIVE IN THIS FUCKING THREAD 24/7 GOD DAMN
low blood sugar

Running requires glycogen/glucose.
Only way to get that while fasted is via gluconeogenesis.

It will cause muscle wasting. If you want to lose weight faster either walk or fast longer.

How to fast without feeling like an angry pissy faggot after 2 days? plz thx.

Just try it, what have you got to lose? A week at most.

this tbqh

No one cares who you are twink just neck yourself.
Thanks for proving how much an attention seeker you are.
>hourly
Your weight should only decrease while you are sleeping if you are doing a prolonged fast.
>nutritionist
Doing it while it is popular isn't really being a pioneer.
You wouldn't say the people who were using personal pcs were pioneering the scene.
There were dedicated programmers who were pioneering things and commercial users were just following along.
Until you find some new information all you are doing is riding the wave or being an "early adopter".

not happening dude lmao

>did 43 days of fasting in sep-nov. was my first time trying out fasting
>went from 262lb to 198lb, back upto 206 when breaking the fast
>ate like a pig during christmas period, went upto like 212
>started water fasting again on 28th december
>aside from some hunger pangs at start, have had no diarrhea or keto flu in first 4-5 days or any real hunger pangs since
>down to 201lb

Does it really get this much easier the more you fast?

Diet was mostly veg/lean meats/fruits for the six weeks before fasting again, sometimes some sweets or choc apart from christmas when i pigged out on basically everything, even had 2 roast dinners back to back.

not really but mainly because its cold
well some people say cardio isnt good for you others say it is

>people have been walking up mountains for centuries
>killian jornet climbs mt everest twice in a week with no oxygen
>HURR DURR HE'S NOT A PIONEER
neck yourself

>we are only beginning to understand what is going on at a cellular level
You are retarded. Medical studies have been done way earlier about the results at the cellular level. You mean YOU as a consumer of this information only learned about it recently because you haven't gone to college to become a biologist.
You don't even need to get the degree to learn about it. You could sit in on the classes today and learn about it.
What you mean is we are the first pioneering how to make fasting a lifestyle choice. But really none of us are taking blood samples to see the actual effect of fasting (which you could easily buy for a few hundred bucks). We are just going blind and trying different things with no record of what we did learning things that doctors and biologist have known for years.
That's why there is a medical technique where they hook you up to an IV and pump salt water into your body and forbid you from eating.
Guess what that is?
Fasting.

Please, for the sake of the thread, could you both just stop arguing over inconsequential bullshit? Take it to private messages on reddit if it matters so much.

It is, just not while fasted.

Did you watch the first video in the OP, the one marked:
>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS?

Exercise helps and is important for getting into ketosis quickly. Applying some common sense to this, if you're already a regular runner then it's not going to do any harm. If you're not, then you might be over-exerting yourself and not sparing muscle.

think of it this way. runners typically store up their carbohydrates through pasta and stuff before a race because its what they need to complete it. when fasting, you are totally depleting your "carb" storage so you can enter ketosis and burn fat. without that carb energy, running will not benefit you.

Sorry this might have been answered before, how long on average does it take to get into ketosis while water fasting?

>bye bye abs

unless he doesn't binge on sugar and shit, idk why you'd think the abs would leave

>who is bernarr macfadden
>the man who cured epilepsy by having his patients fast for 18 to 25 days
>published books on how fasting can heal diseases
>Fasting, Hydropathy, and Exercise (1900)
>Fasting for Health (1923)
>also advocated the grape therapy to cure cancer which was disproven 4 times
Though the grape therapy wasn't his own discovery.

get ketostix and test yourself, its different for everyone

>Exercise helps and is important for getting into ketosis quickly

He's asking about it while already being fasted. Maybe read the conversation before jumping in...

Also, in regards to common sense, more intense exercise like sustained running requires glucose, which you have 0 of - hence ketosis. Your body has to make glucose in order to do it, and does so via gluconeogenesis - the breakdown of protein into glucose. While normal protein requirements for ketosis while sedentary can come from cell walls of fats being broken down, protein build up in the arteries/brain, and etc, that can't meet the high demand for glucose by the runner, and comes from skeletal muscle.

Running is absolutely counter productive while fasting. Just fucking fast. You're already losing 0.5-2lbs a day of fat depending on how large you are, what more do you want??

yes, the more i fast, the easier it gets, at least for me

can't the body use KETONES from fat for energy instead?

>"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."
u can maintain muscle on the fast. straight from the OP's link u dumb nigger.

Yes, but the body can't convert fatty acids into ketones quickly enough for sustained running.

You keep making arguments against things I've never argued against. He was talking about RUNNING while FASTED. Not resistance training you dumb cunt.

>u can maintain muscle on the fast
Not while running. Fasting is awesome, just not if you're running.

I am. And cigs so we shall see how it affects it. 38 hours in

you're arguing that muscle wasting somehow magically is more when you're running opposed to weight lifting? nice proof loser idiot. Running IS RESISTANCE TRAINING. you really are a dumb nigger.

>Running IS RESISTANCE TRAINING.

Citation needed.
Your muscles are the prime users of fat as energy because of all the mitochondria.
Your brain cant get fatty acids because of all the water in your brain and fat being aquaphobic so your liver needs to make the long chains shorter.
That's why you break down muscles to use as energy for your brain.
Once you get really starved your body will switch and use more fat for your brain and just cut off energy to your muscles.

10/10

>uses meme answers
>doesn't prove me wrong

fuck off avocado fags.

Everything you just said is completely wrong.

Literally lifted it off wikipedia.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starvation_response
Inb4 you cant trust wikipedia.
Post your sources scrub.

Running is resistance training in the same way that squatting 5lbs x1000reps is resistance training. Which is to say, not really.

>running is resistance training
>thinking you require a real response

okay so what type of training is OKAY to do while fasted? i dont wanna fucken lay around all day. weight lifting? rock climbing?