Does milk actually work or it's a meme?

Does milk actually work or it's a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

stronglifts.com/gomad-milk-squats-gallon-gain-weight/
youtube.com/watch?v=ccrHYLV0Cvg
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1600-0625.2009.00924.x/full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19496976
airitilibrary.com/Publication/alDetailedMesh?docid=09647058-200709-201306270011-201306270011-467-476
cancer.gov/types/prostate/prostate-hormone-therapy-fact-sheet
academic.oup.com/ije/article/45/5/1573/2450903
clinchem.aaccjnls.org/content/early/2017/11/28/clinchem.2017.280701
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0076480
nutritionfacts.org/video/animal-protein-pregnancy-and-childhood-obesity/
nutritionfacts.org/video/formula-for-childhood-obesity/
nature.com/articles/1602086
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/101/6/1173.abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23670169/
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0190962207024024
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28361446
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0306987703002950
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12861831
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1477605
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Work for what, you gibbering imbecile? It's a foodstuff with a variety of macro and micronutrients. It does what you expect a liquid foodstuff to do.

I mean is milk good for you? Like is it necessary to drink milk if you lift and want to gain some weight? I've heard milk decreases your test. So idk.

NO MILK DOES NOT WORK! It is a well executed SCAM perpetrated by the dairy farms.

food is a meme, no eat 2018 day 3 reporting in

lmao how much milk woudl you have to drink for it to effect your hormones? prolly like a gallon a day or something lmbo

Some rat study suggested the equivalent of 100-1000 cups a day has hormonal side effects. Or somewhere between 6.25-62.5 gallons (23.65-236.5 liters)

yes it stole my job

>does milk work?

>prolly like a gallon a day or something lmbo
Exactly A Gallon of Milk, according to a tried and true approach:

GOMAD: How to Gain 25lbs in 25 Days with Squats & Milk

GOMAD: How to Gain 25lbs in 25 Days with Squats & Milk

Read more stronglifts.com/gomad-milk-squats-gallon-gain-weight/

youtube.com/watch?v=ccrHYLV0Cvg

What's your guys's opinion on goats milk, it's supposed to be superior to cows milk in a lot of ways

as long as it's raw and the goat ate grass there is no problem

Of course, its white

No, it’s not necessary to drink milk to gain weight, you cretin.

have you ever met someone who gained weight but never drank milk?

(can this guy ever recover?)

Milk gives you IGF1 and other growth hormones, which don't get broken down in your stomach and make it into your bloodstream. They trigger your body to release LH, which increases your balls size, GH production and testosterone (or estrogen in females)
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1600-0625.2009.00924.x/full

It basically has the same results as roiding in low doses, acne, hair growth and higher chances for cancer are some of the possible side effects.

It worked for me when I used to drink 1/2-1 gallon a day. Fastest strength and size gains I've ever made.

I'm trying to ditch dairy now, but I'd say it's very useful.

>Tfw lactose issue
>have to drink expensive nut milk
fuck this life

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19496976
>The present data on men and children indicate that estrogens in milk were absorbed, and gonadotropin secretion was suppressed, followed by a decrease in testosterone secretion.

then get lactose free you dork.
come back when you're intolerant to whey and gluten.

lactose-free milk my dude
you can eat mature cheese as well

FETA

I guess I gotta do more research. The correlation between milk and acne are pretty clear though with 95% certainty. The relationship between testosterone and other androgen signaling hormones and acne are very well understood. If milk actually decreases testosterone it would beg the question why exactly would it cause acne then?

Also, not dismissing the study but
1. The sample size was pretty small
2. The urine and blood samples were just taken up to 2 hours after consumption.

If you've ever drawn blood to check your test levels you would know that taking in calories just 2 hours before your blood sample will decrease your test levels. What would be necessary to draw this kind of conclusion with confidence would be a controlled study with a bigger sample size and and an increase in prescribed milk consumption and checking the test levels after prolonged increased consumption.

Here a meta analysis proving that higher milk consumption is associated with a higher risk in prostate cancer with 95% confidence.
airitilibrary.com/Publication/alDetailedMesh?docid=09647058-200709-201306270011-201306270011-467-476

And just to remind you, one of the risk factors for prostate cancer are increased LH concentrations and androgens like testosterone one of the possible non surgical treatments for prostate cancer are androgen blockers and LH agonists.
cancer.gov/types/prostate/prostate-hormone-therapy-fact-sheet

This would also speak against the fact that milk increases estrogen or decreases testosterone and other androgens.

How about that dairy protein appears to cause fat gain and insulin resistance.

academic.oup.com/ije/article/45/5/1573/2450903
clinchem.aaccjnls.org/content/early/2017/11/28/clinchem.2017.280701
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0076480
nutritionfacts.org/video/animal-protein-pregnancy-and-childhood-obesity/
nutritionfacts.org/video/formula-for-childhood-obesity/
nature.com/articles/1602086
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/101/6/1173.abstract

Being fat and insulin resistant are risk factors for acne.

Don't know of any, but here's a study showing reduced sperm quality and count from long term dairy intake

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23670169/

Not really consistent with increased FSH and LH action which would increase testicular function

That could be an indication, if the studies correlating acne and milk didn't adjust for age, height and energy intake, which they did.
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0190962207024024

This was the kind of study that I would have been looking for to make me change my stance once and for all. The only thing is that the ratio between bad samples and good samples get worse, but the overall sperm count increases. I don't know what to make of this. Is sperm quality a better indicator for increased LH than sperm quantity?

Where are you seeing that?

> In addition, there was a suggestion of an inverse association between total dairy intake and total sperm count (P-trend = 0.09) and sperm concentration (P-trend = 0.07).

Interesting. Probably IGF-1 or androgen or both then.

According to this wcrf study it's mediated mostly via IGF-1 though and not androgens.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28361446

Estrogens can also have prostate cancer promoting effects in the early stages of carcinogenesis apparently

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0306987703002950
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12861831
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1477605

Never mind, I misread the provided chart, it was a bit confusing.

whole milk is the goat post-workout

Well, then that's a cleared up misconception for me. I'm convinced.

So how much milk would you have to drink for it to actually give you cancer?

good luck bro

>two monkeys think they're clever since they just flung studies at each other
Topkek love fit.

fucking tomatoes give you cancer dude

drink milk when you feel like it and chill out faggot

I'm not panicking.

Stop swearing.

>proving claims with actual studies
>"hah nerds"

Being alive is literally enough to give you cancer just fucking drink it

>some laymen with 0 medical education much less statistics thinks he's being scientific
Topkek this gets better by the second

>I'm a brainlet who can't understand scientific literature so everybody has to be as dumb as me
ok

milk is bad for you. Drinking it shows everyone that you are a brainless /pol/tard

Hormone juice with fat, promoted by dairy industry, quit that shit asap .

KEK

*prepares tomatoes with garlic and Parmesan and a tall glass of milk*

don't americans put growth hormone in their cattle though? isn't that why the average age that puberty starts has dropped?

if your'e that worried then move to somewhere with low altitude because of the solar radiation that CAN cause cancer, your chances of developing it are so small that the risk from drinking milk is worth not being small