Is Taekwondo overrated?

Is Taekwondo overrated?

Other urls found in this thread:

slatestarcodex.com/2016/04/27/book-review-albions-seed/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's pure shit. Just become a Krav Maga master race practicioner.

Nice bait

If only it were that easy

>feminist empowered by krav maga
>has the confidence to fight back while held at knife point
>stabbed to death over $30 in her purse

more power to you

There's a reason taekwondo schools are called McDojos.

You made this thread yesterday, fag.

visible sage

Yes, but its also fun as fuck and is a good supplement to another style.

Is Taekwondo overweight?

It's hard to find a place that's legit. I found an ITF TKD school and it was good, the instructor did the entire workout with the class.
But meme martial arts schools exist in every style. You have to visit the schools in your area to see if they're good or not

thanx, I'm just looking for something healthy, not that fag shit of MMA.

Taekwondo isn't a combat art. It's an after school activity for children.

If it's a good school/club whatever then it can be good. 80% are shit though.

Yeah it's shit
Boxing or Muay Thai are 1000x better
>implying that could happen IRL

EIN VOLK

>White guy is the assailant
Why is the attacker never black? We know from crime stats that blacks commit a huge number of rapes and murders but you never see a black actor playing the bad guy who attacks a white woman. It's so pathetic. Kinda like how you never see an Arab cast as a terrorist since 9/11 because that would be too offensive.

>Is Taekwondo overrated?
No one rates it, so no.

If you study the success of high level MMA fighters like Benson Henderson, Anthony Pettis, Cung Le, or kickboxers like Gokhan Saki, you'll note that TKD is something that is great to know if you already know how to fight. That is, it makes a great cherry on top of the sundae. But if TKD is all you know, you are pretty well fucked if you get into a fight with someone who has basic skills in stuff like boxing and wrestling.

EIN REICH

Shut the fuck up goy that is a nazi opinion

Why does this video in particular need to have a black attacker? Are you implying that there are no white muggers? If there are, then there is nothing wrong with this video in particular depicting one, especially since the attacker's identity is not the focus of the video, only the technique used to counter him.

If you want to discuss overall depictions of criminals in media then go to /tv/ or /pol/ and make a thread.

For fights? You learn the effective kicks almost immediately, then you can drop it.

For fitness? It's fantastic for posture and flexibility and late belt tkd women have perfect asses.

So depends on what you want from it.

Yeah its shit

Things that will make you dangerous
>thai boxing
>boxing
>kick boxing
>an mma gym, will teach thai strikes and ground work
>sambo

Things like judo and brazil jitsu are good but any good striker will more than likely beat someone that only has ground work, especially if they have some throw ability as well. Always prioritise standing training over ground, its good to have the knowledge though

Everyone saying it's shit ; why?

What if I enjoy doing taek won do?

Holy shit, does everything have to be measured by the sport's abily to put someone in a coma?
>AIKIDO IS SHIT BECAUSE YOU CAN'T GIVE SOMEONE BRAIN DAMAGE
>KARATE IS SHIT BECAUSE YOU CAN'T CHOKE SOMEONE TO DEATH

Boxing, judo and BJJ are the only martial arts that are actually practical and useful for self-defense, muay thai is too extreme for the average person when practiced seriously and everything else is basically glorified ballet or yoga.

Ballet will keep you fit as a fiddle moreso than any other martial art

>Things like judo...only has ground work
>Always prioritize standing training over ground
It's almost as if you don't know what you are talking about.
It's as if you don't know what you are talking about.

why is /pol/ always sticking his fucking ass in everything?

Judo=throws/grapples/clinching which end to being on the ground, I call it ground work because you get the cants on the ground mate. And on what planet should you not prioritise striking over that shit?

Throws to concrete will end any fight

How do I get the drunken master mode?

Yeah they are serious, but if someone is close enough to do that in a 1 on 1 then they deserve to get thrown, initial striking in the street will end things quicker, but having that skill to throw will always be of value

You call it ground work but it isn't ground work.
Stop naming shit because of your lack of knowledge

drink until ascension.

Learn boxing or muay thai for standing
Learn bjj for ground work
Work mma classes to combine them
Do some wrestling (Greco or catch). If you're a strong wrestler, you get to dictate if a fight stays standing or if it's going to the ground.

Not him, but blacks do what, 60% of crimes while not even being near the population numbers of whites or poor whites even
If the media had a ounce of integrity for every white mugger we see depicted anywhere we should see 7x black ones at least

Not to mention how they mess with what a "white" is considered for statistics while the clearly black felons just go as unreported

Again, why does any video have to have a black mugger? You’re complaining about one video when your argument only works on the entire collection of media portraying muggers.

Universal statements aren’t proven by single cases, they are only disproven by single cases. What you’re saying has no bearing on this or any individual video having to cast a black mugger.

I can think of a couple of movies where black gangs attack white people, in fact I would describe it as common in movies or TV shows about gangs or inner city black neighborhoods. I actually have more trouble remembering any examples of white people mugging black people.

Obviously the guy can't provide "the entire collection of media portraying muggers", you're asking too much here. The guy was citing that video as one example among many of people being hesitant to portray blacks as criminals in media for fear of being called racist, no doubt at least in part caused by the fact that it is true that blacks are criminals at much higher rates than whites. This has led to the creation of a stereotype, the perpetuation of which through media is seen as racist.

If you want you can still hold your obnoxiously high standard of proof but that only stands to win an argument on Veeky Forums while being disingenuous. Big whoop.

Just find a good Jeet Kune Do teacher and youre set desu.

Taekwondo and any other sports martial art will teach you good stuff with a side of bad habits. i.e. you dont need to protect this part of you because they wont attack it because its against the rules.

if you try MMA you will have less bad habits than the other combat sports.

oh boy are we having a statistics thread?

kek remember that show homeland where the terrorists are ex marines and also one of them is a gay white guy who is gay for osama bin laden

fun times in america

oh this is now a /pol/ thread
welp I guess we wont talk about martial art anymore.

see ya later you degenerates.

HEIL BIG MACS

why does this homo always include a million links? nobody is going to copy a url off an image a letter at a time

pssh

its alright, but you have to find a real gym not a mcdojo, kickboxing or thai boxing gym will give you much better results

You fail to realize that it is the assumption that the media must portray crime in the same percentage as fbi statistics that is ridiculous.

How can you expect every filmmaker to research not only the statistics of the crime they are filming, but also how many other movies have portrayed the same crime and what race they portrayed them with so that they can have an accurate portrayal? What you seem to be suggesting is that all crime in media be perpetrated by black people, which itself is not true by statistics.

But the fact is that most people aren’t fucking checking an crime database after they watch a movie to see whether or not it was realistic, because this shit doesn’t matter to anyone but /pol/ degenerates anyway.

what's up with Missouri
where even is Missouri
t. not a yank

found the guy who thinks he can just land a haymaker and immediately end the fight

>does everything have to be measured by the sport's abily to put someone in a coma?
for anything with the slightest pretense of mimicking combat, yes. fit is full of brainlets

W-Why do you ask.....J-Just watch and obey

too much of the wrong kind of white people

slatestarcodex.com/2016/04/27/book-review-albions-seed/

St Louis and Ferguson.

"Legit" taekwondo is still overrated in the context of practical fighting

You missed the point. His point was why when you see these adverts involving muggers, you always see a white mugger. The response would be to point him to black muggers in media. Simple.
You instead are saying
>well the film makers didn't consult with each other and the crime rates lol. Why would you expect it lol? It's just a coincidence they're all white lol

Yet the absence of any black muggers shows they probably did check the crime statistics, and they're just trying to avoid being called 'racists'. Which is his point entirely.
Not to say he's right of course, but your point is somehow even dumber than his "all muggers in media are white".

if you think about it it's basically it's own sport. there are certain rules to it. you def dn't take for example an mma or bxing stance in tkd tournaments. and you can ofc modify your game plan in a street fight t yur own liking. such as a football player might get in a fight. sure football isn't exactly mma, boxing, etc. but it sure as hell helps to knw some fotball and have athleticism in the sport, which transfers over to fighting.

What if a quarterback gets into a fight? Does his skill translate into a game of combat catch?

you know what i was talking about.

*kicks your ass*

pssht nothing personnel kid, you stood no chance, after all judo is the best martial art

It is its own sport. Doesn't make it practical for fighting, which was my point

You're responding to bait, man.

what i was saying is that your athleticism from other sports can help translate over into your general fighting. you somehow missed this.

... obviously it can translate. It's not that I missed your point. It's just such an obvious thing that doesn't need to be stated. My original statement is that taekwondo is overrated for practical fighting. No amount of translative quality changes this fact, you lcd

Okay you fucking retard, go play football to get better at fighting. Taekwondo won't do jack shit in a real-world situation where there aren't any rules you taekwondo faggots create

Clearly you're a chink with a blue belt in some bullshit martial art. Football requires a level of strength. Your "tkd" does not. Bring your tkd to any fight vs someone even remotely trained in an actual fighting technique and see if your contest rules matter, you dirty trolling jap

aikido is the most meme martial art of them all

Fuck off corncuck

Does the assailant really need to be black for you? You still would've commented to bitch about niggers existing anyways, so what would it have honestly changed for you?

Friend from highschool was national champion and end up second in Europe. He was 6'5 tho. I'm 6'1. He kicked me once, because I hyped him up in class and motherfucker made me fly two meters behind. It's bretty good if you're tall. If you are manlet, I would recommend some ground martial arts.

i'm 1,75

1000x0=0

Im more explosive than you cunts

This all day

>AIKIDO IS SHIT BECAUSE
>AIKIDO IS SHIT
Yes.

>What if I enjoy doing TKD?
Good for you. The kicks in Taekwondo can be good as a complement to your striking, but It's not that good as a standalone system

My brother was Canadian champion 20 years ago. I was never on his level, but we both knew what it’s all about. It’s a hobby but pretty useless for anything other than teaching you how to kick someone in the face.

EIN FÜHRER