QTDDTOT

>last one is full edition

Yeah I have a question, I've been dealing with posterior tibialis tendonitis or syndrome whatever you want to call it for the past year. I've taken a hiatus from lifting for most of it because >fat. My question is will squats and deadlifts make it worse or will they be okay and not make the tendon worse?

>pls no flatfoot

Pic related is area affected.

I'm trying to do squats and when I try with a bar or bodyweight I cannot make my knees go parallel without either falling back or having my lower back bend. I can only manage to do it when I hold some dumbbells in front of me for balance. What do?

There's a fitness humble bundle on sale right now, are any of the books worth getting? I want to learn more about fitness as a whole.

Stronglifts5x5 recommends eating /at least/ 3k kcal. I'm 161 lbs now, 6'1 (73 kg, 186.7 cm), assuming my TDEE is 25XX?

I've gained 6.61 lbs (3kg) during the month of December.

I have no trouble raising lifts, but I switched to Stronglifts late November so almost halved all my lifts (squats were at 3x5 200 lbs, so not exactly impressive but still). It doesn't feel like I'm at my max yet.

I'm just getting fat, aren't I? What the fuck is my TDEE actually, I can't figure it out. I get fat quick as fuck, but when I'm on a lower caloric (2500-2800kcal) diet I stalled at 220 deadlift even after resets, AND I STILL GOT FAT AS FUCK. 160 doesn't sound like much but I'm getting a goddamn tire around my stomach again, and I'm at pisspoor weights.

Right now I'm about 150 lbs and around 20% BF. I want to cut my BF down but also get bigger. So what's the best option?

Do I cut body fat right now or keep eating a large amount of calories and working out then cutting down? Lately I've been lifting as hard as I can followed by a mile run everyday along with eating healthier. I've been skimming down on calories so I can burn fat, this shit confuses me though because one I don't even know if I'm burning more than im eating for fat to even be burned and second I don't know what the best option is.

What's the catch here? These are Season brand sardines in water, no salt added, skinless and boneless. They have very little salt, smell better, and still taste pretty good. Is there a downside or am I too suspicious?

I know this gets asked all the time, but what do you think is the best beginner’s routine for aesthetics for someone starting off as a fatty.

Mobility. Test your ankle dorsiflexion. There are videos showing how. Work on hip mobility - frogs, pidgeon pose, butterflies, etc.

Just getting your body used to being in the squat position is huge. It's not natural for modern man.

>don't eat enough early in the day
>go do some manual labor or hit the gym for a while
>have a glass of water, change wash up, etc.
>sit down and eat
>horny as fuck
Why?

Nevermind. I'm definitely going to cut fat first then slowly bulk up. That's the answer to my question.

With that how much protein do I want to be eating every day? I need to not lose muscle while I lose fat.. I use the fitness pal app and it tells me around 70g of protein per day but that sounds a little low.

Sounds like autism to me

1g per KG of bodyweight. If you're very fat, use lean bodyweight.

So around 70 g of protein is actually right.. I'm currently muscular with fat. I guess that's skinny fat.

When calculating my TDEE i have no idea if i should put sedentary or light exercise? I go to them gym 6 days a week and just do weight lifting, the only other exercise i get is cycling to the gym, which is about 5 mins each way

Its 1g per LB (pound) of body weight you incels

How do I get that much protein without consuming too much fat and carbs though. I'm trying to lose fat here

Oh, right. kek I eat 210g each day so I should've known that

If you're trying to lose fat all you need to worry is about calories. I use milk products and chicken, with various beans etc.

Did 100kg x 3 on bench today. Have I made it?

This sounds like sarcasm, just google it if you want;

Clean eating; Lean meats and Whey isolates do it for me.

There are plenty of "how to cut" videos on youtube that should help you set up a diet

best fitness tracker for weightlifting on amazon UK?

Been doing a 5x5 routine for the past 6 months or so. Seen decent gains but I've been stalling out lately. Would it benefit me to increase reps and decrease weight slightly to something like a 4x8. Diet is excellent, can post routine if needed.

Is it normal to feel like complete shit when you're forced to skip a day at the gym?

It's not
It is

I got a few questions, please can you guys answer them please.

Can I still get my misses preggers on a cycle, will it fuck up my kid if I do?

Are peptides worth it (research ones)? Will I actually see results (off lr3 and bcp157 for a leg / knee injury)?

Is there anything I can do for acne? (Other than accurate) any essential vitamins or minerals that actually work?

Are ab rollers a meme or do they work?

Seems fine. Catch is it has literally no nutrients because its old wet fish in a can.

Main thing is to lose weight while worming on keeping your muscle up. Eat at a defecit and do SS but ditch squats one day a week (so squat twice a week) and add in rows or chins or lat pulldowns.

If you're stalling best bet is to mix things up, train harder, rest more, eat healthier, or eat more. Those are the main reasons a person plateaus. Maybe that means more volume, maybe that means more weight, maybe that means a new routine. Its up to u.

I considered making a thread for this but fuck it.
>Touch up on old programs+ a couple new ones in swimming
>Lifting with same muscles used day before
>bad DOMS in every back muscle cause of the douple up.
>Today is chest day
>Tomorrow is sprint day in pool.

Is it a bad idea to stall the lifting until later this evening, and then swim at 6am tomorrow morning to have minimal DOMS?

You may just have to cycle a cut after like 3 months or calculate TDEE and do a very precise 300 - 500 surplus. Some people also add light cardio to help keep bf down a little.

Yes you could, It could; Unlikely though but I'd Impregnate her before you start (note, you may lose fertility permanently from a cycle)

They will work about as good as any other supplement, (ZMA, Vit D, BCAAS) they're not going to magically increase your gains by anything significant

Eat clean, Lots of fresh veges, Cut out junk food (including sodas) almost completely (also if you're on a cycle that could be the cause) if you're not on one it will just make it worse

They work, Yeah; But you can get the same results without one (Weighted bench crunches, Dragon Flats, Planking)

I honestly don't know but I don't see why it would be bad? However you will just have doms hell later that day

For gear go to /fraud/
For acne go to Veeky Forums
Yes ab rollers work. Use strict proper form.

nutribullets worth picking up? seems like a good way to get fruit and veg and something decent to mix up my powders

Lifts currently at 80/150/165/165. Haven't been deadlifting the whole time, but it's climbing quickly along with my squats. Bench and ohp have slowed right down.

I'm 5'8 and 156. The fat is starting to irritate me. Would continuing to gain until the end of this month then doing a slow cut have me looking better or will I just fall into skinnyfat again?

If you've been dealing with it for most of a year, it's not tendinitis. Tendinitis resolves in a few months at most, unless you're a retard and keep overstressing it. Go see a sports medicine doctor and get an MRI.

Whats your current bf%?
I wish I had one for those exact reasons.

yeah the nutribullets seem really good, plus you can even use milk instead of water - what's holding you back from picking one up?

Money time and counter space. I'm not home enough to justify it either, I usually meal prep on Sundays and only cook once a week besides due to work.

I would estimate ~20%. I've some minor visible pectoral definition but my stomach is a blob. From a side view my chest lines up with my stomach.

My right fibularis longus gets super sore from squats. Any idea what's up with my form?

Doms hell later is fine though, cause i'll mainly be chillin in my bean bag, eating hommus chicken kebab until monday anyway.

I'm currently taking BCAAs, 2 scoops for recovering from noon until pre-workout.

I'm reading up on EAAs and hear I should just be taking those since BCAAs are in EAAs.

I'm currently trying to build muscle. Which would be better?
Also would it be too much to take both simultaneously?
They both have caffeine I feel like it'd be too much doing both.

They don't look bad, just got the $1 pack

Chin ups or cable pull downs. What's better for powerlifting

Link?

Pull ups are great for supplementing your routine, throw in some chin ups for a God tier finisher

Right now when I squat, sometimes my calf feels like it is stretching out and feels a bit like it would tear if I but on more weight. I do high bar squats in oly shoes.
What do you think is wrong? Are my knees too far forward from my toes? Am I not sitting back enough? Something else?

I'd like to add some cardio. Should I do cardio before or after my lifts? I want to do it 5 days a week. I'm gonna be inhaling protein to keep my gains from going.

Rule of thumb is do what you want to improve first. Cardio first will impact your lifting and potentially jack up your form. Cardio after will make cardio/VO2/resting heart rate gains come way slower.
Pick your route.

Always do your cardio after since otherwise it will effect your power output. Don't try to go crazy with it. It is possible to make gains doing cardio, but its harder especially if you are later on in your lifting career.

hmm in that case how about cardio on days I dont lift? Monday-lift, tuesd. cardio, etc? Would that matter?

For the past year that I've lived in my apartment there has been this exercise bike near the stairs and it hasn't moved. Should I just take it and use it or what? Is there fucking etiquette with this shit?

find out who it belongs to and ask for it? ask a neighbor, hey do you know who owns this or w/e

Tried to reply to this thread and ended up making a new one instead. Fuck Im stupid.
Well my question is: I can deficit deadlift about 40lbs more than I can normal deadlift? Im I broken?

My job puts a ton of stress on the neck and most guys end up with chronic neck pain. Any exercises I could do to strengthen my neck muscles that anyone would recommend?

Could be a lot of things but it's most likely a technical issue (secondary possibility: You're super quad dominant or have a build that puts the normal deadlift height in a really shitty start position for you. Some people are stronger off the floor than they are off low rack/block pulls for the same reason).

Its weird because on my normal deadlifts I struggle of the floor. I always triple check my setup for deadlifts because of that.
I regular pull 335 for sets of 5 and I deficit pull 365 for easy sets of 5
I dont get this shit.

I'm doing HITT sprints and walking with a weighted vest. Will this help with my power lifter gut?

Can you lift more days if you don't have DOMS? Does that show that you aren't lifting heavy enough? Or should you still leave a day in between when starting out?

What mode can I become if I start lifting? 6'3 btw

Depends on if your goal is hypertrophy or not

Honestly you'd be best to ask this to a physical therapist because you're suffering from RSI most likely which is fixable and preventable with specific therapy. We can't give accurate advice without more info.

Post form video, easiest way to correct it. Going by the symptoms hardly ever works.

bloatmode

My goal is to keep/build a tiny bit of muscle while I'm losing weight.

If you're cutting I wouldn't push myself to DOMS everytime, just stick to your schedule and you should be good. Try to hit all your reps almost to failure, if you can do that you're fine.

Sweet guess I'm doing that for the next 8 months. Thanks.

Is there any downsides to doing weighted chin ups everyday? At least 3x5

This is more about mental health than physical.

Currently dealing with depression right now. Will lifting negatively impact it? I'm sure others have been depressed before here. How do you overcome it?

Just do your weight in lbs and multiply by 15 to get maintenance calories. Add or subtract 250-500 calories depending on bulk or cut. That will work for almost everyone.

Lifting helped lift my spirits. Once you start increasing weights you never thought possible, you'll be hooked.

I doubt you really need it user unless you're doing IF on a cut.

Only if you diet properly. Cardio =/= weight loss.

Only been depressed once in my life and I can guarantee if I was lifting I would've felt a little better.

Which one is best? Not just for the differences in lifts but also regarding deloading etc.

can i do benchpresses on my bed? like just wriggle under the bar

if not where can I do them at home? I don't wanna buy any equipment cuz i live with my parents

For a moderately fit person, what's a good distance to be able to run without stopping?

Lifting can help give you something to do, and helps with the obsession side of depression. I have chronic depression/some bi polar shit, and it helps quite a bit to see the numbers go up and have something objectively to be proud of.

I slept in a shitty place on NYE and had something hard press against the right lower side of my ribs all night. I’m still sore in that spot today, but there are no bruises visible. It also hurts on that spot when I stretch my arms up into the air.
So should I skip my OHP today, go lighter, or just fight through the pain?

Rest until you’re better. Prob be good in a day or two.

I weighed 120 kilos and now am 84 kilos. Height btw is 5"6.

Am i losing weight too fast or too slow? Is it good progress. I know im still overweight

pic not related

Shit forgot i lost them weight in 5 months

No prior experience to exercising

I do cardios and a little weights

thats very fast, nice
post before/after

If my goal is to cut, doesnt it make more sense to eat before i workout? then i'm full, have energy to exercise and also burn it off from the workout?
Everyone always says eat after you workout but i never understood if that was for a specific reason

Is goat cheese generally lower calorie than cow cheese?

Reminder that if you're doing dumbell flys don't lock your elbows at the top of the movement. Just injured myself doing that.

As far as I understand If you eat after the workout your body uses the energy to rebuild itself, also it has way more protein available to strengthen/grow muscles.

That's just the anecdotes I've picked up though

I've been having discomfort and slight pain on my lower left abs for some time, doctors couldn't figure out what it is, has anyone had anything like this? Apparently I shouldn't lift until it gets fixed and that sucks.

personal preference. Calories in, calories out is the only thing that matters. If stuffing yourself before working out somehow helps you eat less, by all means.

You will need to wait a while after eating before working out though, or you're gonna feel like shit.

Can someone recommend me a good routine?

Last weeks I have been going to the gym without any real plan whatsoever, starts to suck being aimless
Lanklett king 6'3'' and 202lbs. I could go for3, 5 days, or MINDSET 7 days a week. I did PPL mostly, but I just don't know anymore
Don't really know if squatting is possible, since I have a fucked up knee,but I might give it a try.

If I went to a pet store and bought 4 rats and 4 rat traps would I be allowed to buy them or not?

why are you buying 4 rats and 4 rat traps

To see if they’ll let me

starting SL soon after some bastad made-up programs

What are Veeky Forums opinions about a warm-up pre workout, something like 2000m of rowing machine (approx 11 minutes)
or should i reduce it to 1000m? or none since there are a few sets of warmup before each exercice?

gib advices please

And if they do? What do you do with the rats then?

I can train 5 days a week, am I better off doing an upper lower split (ULxULUx) or something else like PHAT?
I'm 9 months into training.

Take them down to my local pub and enter them in the rat races

Ok, I will start by saying after having been through both SL and SS, doing SS did a lot better for me. That said, if you really don't want to do the power cleans in SS, then just do straight-legged deadlifts for 3x5. That's NOT a substitute though, and you're wasting an effective exercise for increasing deadlift strength if you do replace power cleans, but whatever. The barbell row is way too easy to cheat at and not necessary for a beginner, do them when you are an intermediate.

Doing all three phases of SS will serve you way better than SL's unnecessary 5x5 garbage. That said, if you really insist on doing SL, at least start it at 3x5, otherwise you'll stall way earlier and cost yourself more time and soreness than you need to. Even if you don't do SS, buy the fucking book and read about proper form for each major exercise.

You don't need to stretch or do cardio for warm-ups before weights, just do each exercise at lighter weights working up to your main weight for the exercise that day. SL has an app that will keep track of your weights and warm-ups you need to do before the main sets of each exercise.

If you aren't buying the app, an example warm-up would look like:

1x10 empty bar
1x5 25%
1x3 50%
1x2 75%
Main Weight and Sets

If your weight is so light that 25% or even 50% is lower than the weight of the bar (45 lbs) then just skip them until the weight is high enough to warrant them. Take time during the empty bar set to see where your body's weaknesses are that day and correct any form issues.

Today I randomly vomited after leaving the gym.
I've been lifting for about three months so far and it was the first time I felt nauseous working out since I started.

What am I doing wrong?

hey,
I'm looking to get back into lifting,did it for 6months(SL), and like 18month break, inbetween swimming, and some bodyweight
Is SL 5x5, good?

pls respond

moderately fit? 10km

dont vomit